PDA

View Full Version : Primus -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 30th, 2010

bt11763
07-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Holy fucking shit. This was hands down the best show I've ever been too, and the best pits ever. I can't even describe it.

Gogol Bordello opened up the show, and if you haven't heard of this band or seen them please do. They are so much fun, especially live, you can tell that they really give their soul into everything they do.

Set list is incomplete and out of order:

Wonderlust King
My Companjera
Tribal Connection
Immigraniada
Break the Spell (with reprise, later on in set)
Trans-Continental Hustle
When Universes Collide
Pala Tute
Start Wearing Purple
Sun on My Side

About 20 minutes later Primus finally took the stage. Like I said above, they were hands down the best live experience to date. The set list is shorter than usual because I'm pretty sure the show was shut down, it ended very abruptly after tommy the cat, with the stage manager on the stage, and about 15 minutes earlier than the site said all shows end (9:45!!). also, no jon the fisherman, mr. knowitall or even too many puppies :mad::finger2::mad:
but as disappointed as i am to miss some of my favorite songs, jsut knowing that i was a part of it being shut down is indescribeable. i hope i never miss this amazing band any time they come back :party:

set list is with some help from setlist.fm:

1. Pudding Time
2. Here Come the Bastards
3. Golden Boy
4. Those Damned Blue Collar Tweekers
5. Over the Falls
6. Sgt. Baker
7. American Life
8. Jerry was a Racecar Driver
9. Over the Electric Grapevine
10. Drum Solo / Whamola jam
11. Eleven
12. Harold of the Rocks
----
13. Southbound Pachyderm
14. Tommy the Cat/The Awakening jam/Tommy the Cat

ShatteredFlame
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Great show. It was my 2nd time seeing Gogol Bordello and they were just as amazing as the first time I saw them, there really isn't any other band like them.

I honestly did not expect the Primus pits to become that crazy! But it was insane. Only downside is that I think they really drag their songs on for way too long live, way too much jams. And agreed, no "Too Many Puppies" or "Mr. Knowitall" or even "To Defy The Laws Of Tradition" was disappointing.

Bought a poster and "Fizzle Fry" vinyl, so I'm happy :party:

BloodoftheKings
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
BAAAAWWWWWWW!!!! PRIMUS ISN'T METAL! THIS IS METALSETLIST! RAGE!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

bt11763
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Great show. It was my 2nd time seeing Gogol Bordello and they were just as amazing as the first time I saw them, there really isn't any other band like them.

I honestly did not expect the Primus pits to become that crazy! But it was insane. Only downside is that I think they really drag their songs on for way too long live, way too much jams. And agreed, no "Too Many Puppies" or "Mr. Knowitall" or even "To Defy The Laws Of Tradition" was disappointing.

Bought a poster and "Fizzle Fry" vinyl, so I'm happy :party:

oh my god the crowd was the best crowd ever. fucking relentless pits.

am i wrong in thinking that the show was shut down?

EDIT: i totally disagree about the jams, i thought that was fucking hypnotic. oh well ;)

BAAAAWWWWWWW!!!! PRIMUS ISN'T METAL! THIS IS METALSETLIST! RAGE!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

this is my forte ;)

Blackened12
07-31-2010, 05:39 AM
Weird that Gogol didn't play Not a Crime. But oh well, PRIMUS!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

bt11763
07-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Weird that Gogol didn't play Not a Crime. But oh well, PRIMUS!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

agreed, i also wanted to see think locally, fuck globally.

jhdeity
07-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Sweet setlist. Primus is more metal than a lot of the shit posted on here. If they played John The Fisherman, Puppies and Wynona's Big Brown Beaver it would have been righteous.

Haven't seen these guys since they opened for U2 and blew those assclowns off the stage. Need to see them in a club format STAT!

Happy Bunny
07-31-2010, 09:13 AM
I was there too and it brought back many memories of one of my first concerts ever....Primus at Roseland Ballroom in NYC on the Punchbowl tour in '95. I had a blast and no complaints about the setlist other than......no Pork Soda at all? Damn.

I don't think the show was called. All shows at the Waterfront end early. Faith No More also were off around the same time early in July.

Gogol were very interesting. I've never seen them before and I had honestly never heard their stuff. I felt like I was at a Greek wedding! They're what you throw on when your team wins the World Cup. HA!

EDIT: One my favorite parts of the show was during the Drums/Whamola jam. Les came out wearing a monkey mask. As they were jamming away, the Whamola slipped out of his hands and Les ran off stage as a monkey would. Flailing his arms....it was hysterical!

Wizzbang11
07-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Sounds awesome, but what the fuck is with the lack of Pork Soda! Gah!

bt11763
07-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't think the show was called. All shows at the Waterfront end early. Faith No More also were off around the same time early in July.

EDIT: One my favorite parts of the show was during the Drums/Whamola jam. Les came out wearing a monkey mask. As they were jamming away, the Whamola slipped out of his hands and Les ran off stage as a monkey would. Flailing his arms....it was hysterical!

hmmm idk, because of how abruptly it ended, and the fact that the stage manager and crew came right onto the stage right as they walked off. :confused:

and yes that was fucking amazing! :lol:

Derelict
07-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Was this at Hipster Central (aka Brooklyn Waterfront in Williamsburg)?

bt11763
07-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Was this at Hipster Central (aka Brooklyn Waterfront in Williamsburg)?

yes :lol:

hahaha, i really liked the area though, and the venue was great :D

Derelict
07-31-2010, 12:06 PM
The view across the river of Manhattan from the back of the concert area is un-fucking-real.

Front-Row
07-31-2010, 01:41 PM
YEAH ...the Area was ALL retro from back in Wood-Stock Days....selling so Much JUNK on the Sidewalks & Bicycles & MORE Bicycles everywhere U Turn....On Every Meter on Every Sidewalk!!!
And Cops Walking around Giving Out TICKETS for drinking.....
and SCALPERS selling already Scanned Seats!!! The Nerve!! like $45 -$60
So i got there about 7:40PM and analyzed the GATE & the Scanners & found the Weak-Link and Just WALKED Right Thru w/NO TICKET!!
I've Been doing that for MANY Concerts!
You need Finesse & Confidence & PERFECT Timing!!
Hopped over concrete WALL to my Right & was on SIDE of Stage as GOGOL BORDELLO was thanking everybody.....Went BACK to entrance Of Stage from the BACK and saw Members of His Band Exit Stage Left!
and I ENTERED the Back-Stage and was gonna sit by the Speakers but then i thought why not get a spot in the Front-row......
The SMELL of WEED & too Many REAL Young looking Slackers & Preppies !!!
I was trying to get a Breeze & by the 4th song (DAMN TWEEKERS) the PIT Exploded into MAJOR Slamming!! Lots of Sweat & people PUSHING thru to the Front!
GASPING for Fresh Air & Some God-Damn SPACE i realized by Song's End i wound up BACK in the 60th Row!!!
Every-Time I reached to LEAN on Somebody their Shirt Was DRIPPING Sweat & Naked Guys ALL Smelly!!
I should Have STAYED Back-Stage by the Speakers Some-Where!
LES really commented about the Back of Venue & the Sky-Line.
AT one Point they Had Bluesy Guitars & i thought it was DAZED & CONFUSED!
REAL upset about the SHORT Encore......TOO MANY PUPPIES~~~~~~~~
Did get FREE PiZZA & Watermelon Juice & CORN on COB & Ice-Cream when the Vendors were shutting Down at about 10:15PM.
I want to see RHCP & Soundgarden at Chicago Lollapalooza next!
Are U coming w/me ?
DERELICT to the FRONT-ROW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Front-Row
07-31-2010, 01:44 PM
YEAH ...the Area was ALL retro from back in Wood-Stock Days....selling so Much JUNK on the Sidewalks & Bicycles & MORE Bicycles everywhere U Turn....On Every Meter on Every Sidewalk!!!
And Cops Walking around Giving Out TICKETS for drinking.....
and SCALPERS selling already Scanned Seats!!! The Nerve!! like $45 -$60
So i got there about 7:40PM and analyzed the GATE & the Scanners & found the Weak-Link and Just WALKED Right Thru w/NO TICKET!!
I've Been doing that for MANY Concerts!
You need Finesse & Confidence & PERFECT Timing!!
Hopped over concrete WALL to my Right & was on SIDE of Stage as GOGOL BORDELLO was thanking everybody.....Went BACK to entrance Of Stage from the BACK and saw Members of His Band Exit Stage Left!
and I ENTERED the Back-Stage and was gonna sit by the Speakers but then i thought why not get a spot in the Front-row......
The SMELL of WEED & too Many REAL Young looking Slackers & Preppies !!!
I was trying to get a Breeze & by the 4th song (DAMN TWEEKERS) the PIT Exploded into MAJOR Slamming!! Lots of Sweat & people PUSHING thru to the Front!
GASPING for Fresh Air & Some God-Damn SPACE i realized by Song's End i wound up BACK in the 60th Row!!!
Every-Time I reached to LEAN on Somebody their Shirt Was DRIPPING Sweat & Naked Guys ALL Smelly!!
I should Have STAYED Back-Stage by the Speakers Some-Where!
LES really commented about the Back of Venue & the Sky-Line.
AT one Point they Had Bluesy Guitars & i thought it was DAZED & CONFUSED!
REAL upset about the SHORT Encore......TOO MANY PUPPIES~~~~~~~~
Did get FREE PiZZA & Watermelon Juice & CORN on COB & Ice-Cream when the Vendors were shutting Down at about 10:15PM.
I want to see RHCP & Soundgarden at Chicago Lollapalooza next!
Are U coming w/me ?
DERELICT to the FRONT-ROW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mankvill
07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
I love CORN on the COB

Natrlhi
08-06-2010, 05:45 AM
i like PiZZA

http://www.lisamertins.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/multiplicity80.jpg

bt11763
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
i don't understand either of those posts

Natrlhi
08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
i don't understand either of those posts

Manks was simply making fun of his random capitalization, I think, and I took it a step further. I'll give you a hint: the guy in the photo is Michael Keaton.