PDA

View Full Version : A Day To Remember -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 29th, 2010

xStructualDefect
07-29-2010, 05:10 PM
this was a free show at the X Games. i know most people on here wouldn't like them but if i recall there was a few people on this board who like them. it was a very fun show. the crowd was moving, jumping around, and singing along the entire time.

middle is a bit out of order

The Downfall of Us All
A Shot in the Dark
The Danger in Starting A Fire
Monument
Homesick
My Life for Hire
Have Faith In Me
I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made of?
Plot to Bomb the Panhandle

before anyone knocks on them for playing a short set, it was a free show. most headline shows they play are usually at least 16 songs.

idrinkwine732
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
before anyone knocks on them for playing a short set

Yeah, I was about to knock them for the short set.

MPF
07-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I've yet to hear A Day To Remember. I always see people talking about them. Maybe it's because they just haven't caught my interest yet.

Judging by the song titles, they seem a bit hipster scene, but I'll give them a chance before I completely knock them.

JLRedWing13
07-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I was about to knock them for the short set.
Yeah, that was about the furthest thing from my mind when I read this..

Magson13
07-29-2010, 05:40 PM
A short set from them is better than a full set, but it's still awful.

NecroRob
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Judging by the song titles, they seem a bit hipster scene, but I'll give them a chance before I completely knock them.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

GameFreac
07-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't like this band at all but they are fun live.

xStructualDefect
07-29-2010, 06:58 PM
well i figured people would knock them for playing a short set because if anyone ever noticed most -coreish bands usually play 50min or less long sets with like 9-12 songs max and people usually knock that. but most of the time this band plays 16-20 song sets, except this case.

and yeah this band isn't for everyone. i used to dislike them a lot after the few first times i listened to them, but then i kept hearing them and now i find them one of my most listened bands. i always find myself in the mood to listen to them, and i can't say that about most bands i listen to.

treghet
07-29-2010, 07:27 PM
i always find myself in the mood to listen to them, and i can't say that about most bands i listen to.

I'm always in the mood for metal. I have to be in the mood for other kinds of music. ;)

NecroRob
07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm always in the mood for metal. I have to be in the mood for other kinds of music. ;)

:fist::metal::fist:

xStructualDefect
07-29-2010, 09:09 PM
i think Deftones and A Day To Remember are the only bands that i can always be in the mood for. not all the time am i going to be in the mood to listen to Black Dahlia Murder, Revocation, Blind Guaridian, Bodom, etc.

Derelict
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Huh?

mastodon421
07-30-2010, 06:59 AM
A Day To Remember is a fun band imo. I hate post-hardcore with a passion but ADTR makes fun,catchy music. A guilty pleasure of mine for sure.

xStructualDefect
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
A Day To Remember is a fun band imo. I hate post-hardcore with a passion but ADTR makes fun,catchy music. A guilty pleasure of mine for sure.

exactly. except i wouldn't consider them a guilty pleasure, anymore at least haha.