PDA

View Full Version : Summer Slaughter -- Atlanta, GA -- July 27th, 2010

larvtard
07-27-2010, 10:46 PM

the chewbacca defense
07-27-2010, 10:56 PM
strange about asp. cause the newest album has next to no pig squeeling at all. And LOL at Cephallic Carnage playing Kill For Weed

NecroRob
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Wow, you must really hate tech death to have hated Decrepit Birth and The Faceless so much.

To each their own I guess...

MunicipalWasted
07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
You sure do have some shitty opinions about metal.

Necrodom
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
That's a surprising review...pretty much everyone else sees bands like Decrepit Birth and The Faceless as the next progression/the future of death/tech death metal.

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm not a fan of yours.

Bloodcurse
07-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Vital Remains SHOULD be headlining this fucking tour....I mean come on, these guys have been busting their ass for over 20 fucking years and some new bands play after them??? Fucking bullshit! To me this metalcore/deathcore scene is as useless to the metal world as hair bands were in the 80s!

coltongsmith
07-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Vital Remains Took the Fucking Show :rocker:
They also played Savior to None...Failure for All

Animals as Leaders killed too even though they were progressive instrumental

and of course Decrepit Birth slayed yet again:rocker:

my rating of the show (Best to Worst)
Vital Remains
Decrepit Birth
Decapitated
Animals as Leaders
All Shall Perish
The Red Cord
The Faceless
Cephalic Carnage
Carnifex
Veil of Maya

CapnAwesome
07-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Vital Remains

Dechristanize
Savior to None, Failure to All
Hammer Down The Nails

------

Animals As Leaders

Wave of Babies
Tempting Time
On Impulse
CAFO

------

Carnifex

Entombed Monarch
Hell Chose Me
Lie To My Face
Sorrowspell
The Diseased and the Poisoned
In Coalesce With Filth and Faith

------
Decrepit Birth

Of Genocide
The Living Doorway
The Resonance
Prelude to the Apocalypse
Polarity
Symbiosis
The Infestation

------

Veil of Maya

[id]
Unbreakable
Crawl Back
Dark Passenger
Pillars
Namaste
It's Not Safe To Swim Today
(maybe a song in between Pillars and Namaste)

------

The Red Chord

Demoralizer
Bone Needle
Floating Through The Vein
Hour of Rats
Nihilist
Black Santa
Dreaming in Dog Years
Antman

-----

All Shall Perish

No Business To Be Done on A Dead Planet
Stabbing To Purge Dissimulation
When Life Meant More
Gagged Bound Shelved & Forgotten
Never...Again...
Herding the Brainwashed :rocker:
Eradication
Wage Slaves

-----

The Faceless

Shape Shifters
Coldly Calculated Design
Sons of Belial
Xenochrist
Horizons of Chaos: Oracle of the Onslaught
Planetary Duality I (Hideous Revelation)
Planetary Duality II (A Prophecies Fruition)
An Autopsy

-----

Decapitated

Same as other shows
-----

Edited for set lists, to the best of my knowledge, I know these are 95% right. Great show

coltongsmith
07-28-2010, 07:07 AM
thanks for the full setlist. Anybody got any idea what other songs Cephalic Carnage played?

justinm4bama
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
really does suck that vital remains only played 3 song :bouville:
they were by far the best band there. no doubt about that :rocker:

the chewbacca defense
07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Dreaming in Dog Years

I fucking hate you :mad: They didn't play any first album stuff when they headlined in Feb

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Then there was Decrepit Birth. This is going to get me flamed to hell, but honestly I thought Carnifex was better than these guys. It’s not that Decrepit was bad live, it’s just that their live performance didn’t make me forget how much I hate their albums. Decrepit exemplifies everything I hate about brutal death metal and everything I hate about technical death metal.

Cephalic Carnage!!! One of the two bands I came to see. They did not disappoint live- in fact, they exceeded my expectations! I love when bands do that. By far the best band of the night. They were so heavy and grind-tastic.I know I probably shouldn't bother, but how do you justify the existence of these two directly contradictory statements in your post?

Cephalic Carnage is pretty much a brutal death metal / technical death metal band. :confused:

KvltOvPersonality
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Vital Remains SHOULD be headlining this fucking tour....I mean come on, these guys have been busting their ass for over 20 fucking years and some new bands play after them??? Fucking bullshit! To me this metalcore/deathcore scene is as useless to the metal world as hair bands were in the 80s!

Agreed. What the fuck did Carnifex, All Shall Perish, and Veil Of Maya do to get that high on the bill?

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM

:agree: Word. :fist:

GameFreac
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I wanted to see the new singer but I heard Decapitated were only getting a 45 minute set and they were playing almost the exact same stuff as the first Summer Slaughter so I skipped this.

NecroRob
07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Decrepit and The Faceless are total wankery.

Listen to bands like Brain Drill, Incinerate, Visceral Bleeding, Rings of Saturn, and Viraemia and tell me Decrepit Birth and The Faceless are just wankery. I feel as though Decrepit Birth and The Faceless are a couple of the bands within the genre of tech death that are keeping it from going to utter bullshit.

treghet
07-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Listen to bands like Brain Drill, Incinerate, Visceral Bleeding, Rings of Saturn, and Viraemia and tell me Decrepit Birth and The Faceless are just wankery. I feel as though Decrepit Birth and The Faceless are a couple of the bands within the genre of tech death that are keeping it from going to utter bullshit.

Yes, I agree. Decrepit Birth and The Faceless do have a good amount of solos and intricate riffs, but it is definitely not just wankery. Those solos and riffs mold together to form a song - unlike the other bands listed above.

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM

:agree:

I literally felt ill after listening to Brain Drill's album.

treghet
07-28-2010, 08:50 PM

I literally felt ill after listening to Brain Drill's album.

You actually made it through the whole thing? I think you need to be compensated for your troubles.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM

Yes, I agree. Decrepit Birth and The Faceless do have a good amount of solos and intricate riffs, but it is definitely not just wankery. Those solos and riffs mold together to form a song - unlike the other bands listed above.

I literally felt ill after listening to Brain Drill's album.I guess it just comes down to taste.

Case in point: I do like Decrepit Birth somewhat, and was reasonably entertained by their live show. I can't get into The Faceless on album - primarily due to the vocals - and when I saw them live (opening for Meshuggah), I was even less impressed. I was reasonably impressed by Brain Drill's most recent album, but the one before that was a little mechanical, I thought. So in short, my opinions regarding tech death are all over the place. It depends on the band, and even on the particular album or show or point in their career.

EDIT: Necrophagist and Origin have always been awesome, though. :rocker:

DethMaiden
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Open letter to tech death albums:

Either you are The Sound of Perseverance, or you suck.

/thread

EDIT: I am exaggerating, so please don't throw a fit.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM

/thread:lol:

mankvill
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
fuck you guys i like brain drill :(

DigMySpanky
07-29-2010, 03:41 AM
RE: This thread.

Glad to see other people think that Vital Remains should be headlining. The fact that they're opening this show, thus forcing me to sit through a bunch of shitty ass bands, pisses me the fuck off.

Tech Death: This is a touchy subject because a lot of TD walks the line between good shit and wankery. I know a lot of people that view TSOP as wankery. I disagree, however I understand why they feel that way. A good technical DM album to get is Under A Stone With No Inscription by Anata. It's intense, yet induces headbanging.

JLRedWing13
07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

/thread
Well said. :D

metallicbrian666
07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Well said. :D

Fuck you J, Rush sucks

Dextrimental
07-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Fuck you J, Rush sucks

NO

Just NO

You suck

Again, NO

idrinkwine732
07-29-2010, 08:28 PM
NO

Just NO

You suck

Again, NO

Don't worry, it's an inside joke. Brian doesn't think Rush sucks...

...I think...

Wizzbang11
07-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Don't worry, it's an inside joke. Brian doesn't think Rush sucks...

...I think...

I think that.
Not musically, but I want to commit random acts of violence every time I hear Geddy Lee's voice. It's the worst thing ever.

makethemsuffer12
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I think that.
Not musically, but I want to commit random acts of violence every time I hear Geddy Lee's voice. It's the worst thing ever.

:fist:

I can't stand it.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg10/YouKnowPapiChulo24/EATSHIT2.jpg

idrinkwine732
07-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I think that.
We agree on so much death metal but this makes me really sad. I think Lee's voice is an acquired taste.
:fist:

I can't stand it.

This whole thread is evidence that you don't like a lot of really really good bands.

mastodon421
07-30-2010, 07:13 AM

100% agree. Even though I am not a huge Decrepit Birth fan they are not overly technical. Same with The Faceless they are technical for the sake of being technical. Imo The Faceless is the best tech death band to emerge in long,long time. They are a fucking brillant band.

All the bands you listed above (haven't listened to Viraemia before so they are an exception) are just show-off bands. I also agree with Wine I listened to 2 songs off the new Brian Drill record and I thought my head was going to explode.

treghet
07-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Lee's voice is an acquired taste.

Exactly! I was going to say that myself, but I'm glad you did. I love his singing, but I understand how many people wouldn't.

NecroRob
07-30-2010, 10:14 PM
All the bands you listed above (haven't listened to Viraemia before so they are an exception) are just show-off bands. I also agree with Wine I listened to 2 songs off the new Brian Drill record and I thought my head was going to explode.

Viraemia is probably the craziest of the bunch, but strangely I like it... :eyes: