PDA

View Full Version : New GWAR Album!

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2010, 08:15 PM
From Blabbermouth:

After a triumphant European tour that included appearances at the With Full Force and Dour festivals, Antarctic rock gods GWAR have returned to their ice-bound fortress to drink blood and begin work on their newest and most gut-crushing album yet. That's right, right now, at the sorta halfway point of GWAR's special two-year long 25th Anniversary Slay-a-Bration, Slave Pit Inc. and Metal Blade Records are proud to announce the title of GWAR's new album…

"Our new album is called 'Bloody Pit of Horror'," said Oderus Urungus, front-thing and leading female impersonator. "We are fully aware that there is a movie of the same title, I assure you it has nothing to do with it, save the title, which we stole from them. But you see, we're calling it 'Gwar's Bloody Pit of Horror', and that's a little different, so hopefully we won't get sued!"

The new album is reportedly "heavy as fuck", and features songs like "Hail to Genocide", "Storm is Coming", and "Tick-Tits", the latter of which is "a song about a chick whose tits are covered in ticks…big fat gray puffy ones," said Oderus.

A full track listing and official release date is expected soon.

In other GWAR news, the Slave Pit, GWAR's pit of slaves, located in Richmond, Virginia (because of the excellent crack and large art school), is busily preparing for the re-awakening of an ancient GWAR tradition, the GWAR-B-Que!

Back in the early days of GWAR, the slaves used to throw parties in the Pit in the hopes of attracting helpless women. These parties grew in size and fury as other bands and insane artists got involved...but then just stopped happening... "Because of 9/11, man..." said Slave Pit spokesman James Nasium.

But the GWAR-B-Q is back! On August 8, 2010, at the Bike Lot in Richmond.

Check www.gwarbq.com for full details, directions, and more.

GWAR's new album, "Gwar's Bloody Pit of Horror" is out this fall on Metal Blade Records.

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
The Gwarbq will be at The Bike Lot August 8th in Richmond VA, and will feature the following bands.
RAWG(GWAR without costumes playing gwar,DBX,and X-cops)
Cannabis Corpse
Mobile Death Camp
Mensrea
Suppresion
Stuck Backwards
BloodyCrackdown
and more.

MPF
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow a new album so soon. If it's as good as Lust In Space it will be a fucking amazing album!

bt11763
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
The Gwarbq will be at The Bike Lot August 8th in Richmond VA, and will feature the following bands.
Cannabis Corpse
Mobile Death Camp
Mensrea
Suppresion
Stuck Backwards
BloodyCrackdown
and more.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKK

:mad: :bouville: :mad:

other than that cocktease, this is awesome fucking news :rocker::rocker::rocker::party::party::party:

elturtleboy
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
GWAR with Cannabis Corpse?!?!
ugh if only it was here in L.A.

Wizzbang11
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I think Impetigo should get some recognition as well :)

Honestly..it probably won't be good. And the GWAR-BQ looks very 'eh', the only thing post CoC GWAR has going for it is the show, so RAWG which I'm assuming will be doing a lot of new stuff since Dave and the rest of them seem to think their new material is their greatest work, would be a pretty lame show. Bloody Crackdown is cool though.

Also I'm betting those are fake songs, LIS was billed as having 'Race of Spades', 'Penis Mightier than the Sword' and 'Egress the Negress'...

mankvill
07-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I think Impetigo should get some recognition as well :)

?

Wizzbang11
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
?

Bloody Pit of Horror is an Impetigo song, name I am sure is taken from the movie, but its a metal(grind) song, and it was out like 20 years before this album.

BloodoftheKings
08-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Oderus was on full metal jackie and revealed the story for this album. He said it's about GWAR invading outer space with an army of zombies created by them throwing humans into the bloody pit of horror (which is a giant hole in the ground). He also confirmed another song which he referred to as "The Bloody Pit of Horror Super song" which has 4 parts; "The Zombie March", "The Gathering of Ghouls", "Come The Carnivore", and "Storm is Coming".

davidis138
08-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Cannabis Corpse
Mobile Death Camp
Mensrea
Suppresion
Stuck Backwards
BloodyCrackdown
and more.

And this isn't anywhere else is it :bouville:

Wizzbang11
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
And this isn't anywhere else is it :bouville:

Apparently it was 'eh' and the sound was awful.
They did do Ground B Sound though...

And wow, that album concept it awful!

BloodoftheKings
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
And wow, that album concept it awful!

What do you expect, it's GWAR.

Wizzbang11
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
What do you expect, it's GWAR.

Expect? Well it's exactly what I expected.
Want? If it's a concept album, something cool along the lines of a semi-interesting story ala Ragnarok(or any of the films except It's Sleazy, even then that's better) or, if not songs that aren't all about boring, over-the-top metal or violence. Musically, for them to stop playing generic metal and either revert back to punk or at least throw in some other styles of music. Stylistically, for them to stop trying to be cool and go back to the "art-fag" drug induced weirdness they used to be about.

BloodoftheKings
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Expect? Well it's exactly what I expected.
Want? If it's a concept album, something cool along the lines of a semi-interesting story ala Ragnarok(or any of the films except It's Sleazy, even then that's better) or, if not songs that aren't all about boring, over-the-top metal or violence. Musically, for them to stop playing generic metal and either revert back to punk or at least throw in some other styles of music. Stylistically, for them to stop trying to be cool and go back to the "art-fag" drug induced weirdness they used to be about.

Alot of the bohabs say they should stop playing metal and go back to punk but most of their albums are metal, the only ones that are mainly punk are Hell-o and We Kill Everything.

Wizzbang11
08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Alot of the bohabs say they should stop playing metal and go back to punk but most of their albums are metal, the only ones that are mainly punk are Hell-o and We Kill Everything.

Yes. And Hell-O is better than everything they have done since Ragnarok. By "metal" most are probably refering to VHA-LIS, which is all just normal metal and lacks anything interesting that used to define GWAR's sound. All the albums incorporated weird things and often punk to, so it's not like they abandoned it at Hell-O.

BloodoftheKings
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes. And Hell-O is better than everything they have done since Ragnarok. By "metal" most are probably refering to VHA-LIS, which is all just normal metal and lacks anything interesting that used to define GWAR's sound. All the albums incorporated weird things and often punk to, so it's not like they abandoned it at Hell-O.

Theirs still some punk-ish songs on the last 4 albums but not nearly as much variety as the 90's albums.

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Artwork

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/gwarbloody.jpg

eh it's not that great, kinda looks like fan art :hmm:

Looks like Oderus is gonna have the same face he did on LIS.

bt11763
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Artwork

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/gwarbloody.jpg

eh it's not that great, kinda looks like fan art :hmm:

Looks like Oderus is gonna have the same face he did on LIS.

i agree about that artwork, but i wasn't expecting much.

the new song's not bad. i just want to see them and listen to their old albums, i really don't care as much what they put out musically nowadays, i'll still listen to it but no matter how bland it could get, they will never stop being one of my favorite bands ever, and my opinion would never change.

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
i agree about that artwork, but i wasn't expecting much.

the new song's not bad. i just want to see them and listen to their old albums, i really don't care as much what they put out musically nowadays, i'll still listen to it but no matter how bland it could get, they will never stop being one of my favorite bands ever, and my opinion would never change.

wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt??!11??!!? when did this come out? What song?

Edit: Found it (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/music/1043)

I kinda like the new song but if the rest of the album is like this it will probably take a little getting used to.

bt11763
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt??!11??!!? when did this come out? What song?

Edit: Found it (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/music/1043)

I kinda like the new song but if the rest of the album is like this it will probably take a little getting used to.

mhm i agree. i'm excited for them to play in december though, with that huge of a venue/stage it's going to be perfect.

also, it's times square, get fucked up on the train and then have my friend drive home, it's gonna be gewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd :stoned:

Wizzbang11
09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Song is very 'eh.' Sounds just like Lust in Space.
And what is this, they return to drawn covers, and DONT GET SOMEONE IN THE BAND(or Adrian Smith) TO DO IT? That's goddamn stupid. I can't decide if I like it more than the LiS art.
Hopefully the tour is pretty cool.

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Here's the full tracklisting:

1. Zombies, March
2. Come the Carnivor
3. A Gathering of Ghouls
4. Storm is Coming
5. Tick-Tits
6. Beat You to Death
7. You are my Meat
8. Hail, Genocide!
9. KZ Necromancer
10. The Litany of the Slain
11. Sick and Twisted

Source (http://www.districtlines.com/20865-Bloody-Pit-of-Horror-CD/Metal-Blade-Records)