PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth/Kataklysm "incident" if you can call it that

illninoese
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Kataklysm recently took to their Facebook to address a recent backstage ‘incident’ involving members of Megadeth. The group offered the following on it:

“MEGADETH: we are big fans but after the stunt the pulled backstage to one of our members, we see what they really are, one of our guys was picked up on the same cart that had Mustaine and others from their crew to be transported backstage ( he was ASKED to join the cart by driver) they drove 10 meters and Megadeth stopped and got off said they wont be on the same cart as “everyone else”..thats real metal boys”

I have no idea where this happened or if it might have all been a huge misunderstanding but this further solidifies me in my mindset that Dave Mustaine is a huge prick. I've seen and read some other stuff that has involved good ol Dave that has stirred some shit but I thought it was just people twisting the story around. In this case, Kataklysm have no reason to lie.

Thoughts anyone?

b_halperin
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
if that's true that's just extemely immature. don't they have better things to do? guess not.

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I think there's more than meets the eye here.

JRA
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Odd...but I believe it.

Derelict
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM
The more apt question is: is there anyone who thinks mustaine isn't a total toolbag?

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
The more apt question is: is there anyone who thinks mustaine isn't a total toolbag?

He's an enormous fucking toolbag.

BUT HE'S MADE SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC IN THE LAST 25 YEARS THAT I CAN'T STOP SUPPORTING HIM FINANCIALLY. :snivel:

elturtleboy
07-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Lars Ulrich
James Hetfield
Kirk Hammett
Dave Ellefson
Chris Poland
Jeff Young
Rikki Rachtman
Kerry King
Tom Araya
Pantera
Mike Muir
Suicide Silence(i dont blame him for kicking them out of the tour)
and NOW Kataklysm.
Damn Dave,you need to be more nice,its not their fault everyone hated Risk.

AnglOvDeth
07-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Lars Ulrich
James Hetfield
Kirk Hammett
Dave Ellefson
Chris Poland
Jeff Young
Rikki Rachtman
Kerry King
Tom Araya
Pantera
Mike Muir
Suicide Silence(i dont blame him for kicking them out of the tour)
and NOW Kataklysm.
Damn Dave,you need to be more nice,its not their fault everyone hated Risk.

Don't forget Rotting Christ and Immortal. This doesn't surprise me one bit. :tp:

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Don't forget Rotting Christ and Immortal. This doesn't surprise me one bit. :tp:

What's his deal with Immortal?

elturtleboy
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM

yeah i never heard of that either.

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I woke up today and had to decide if I wanted to wear my Kataklysm shirt or my Megadeth shirt. I chose the former. Maybe Megadeth was upset?

JRA
07-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Yea I've never heard anything about that.

SomewhereInTime72
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
wat

"hurr they didnt want 2 hang out with me wat a bunch of douchebags durrrr"

MunicipalWasted
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Katakalysm shouldn't even think to ride the same cart as thrash legend Dave Mustaine :3

loljk.

JLRedWing13
07-26-2010, 03:36 PM
I think there's more than meets the eye here.
This. There has to be a better reason for this...

AnglOvDeth
07-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Forgive me, It may not have been Immortal, but I believe it was actually Rotting Christ and Dissection. They were supposed to play that Greek festival that Megadeth was headlining. Rotting Christ got booted, or dropped off, and Dissection stayed on, to MegaDave's dismay.
I'm not sure of the full details anymore, it was years ago. I, unlike Mustaine, don't really hold grudges. But I still dislike him. :tongue:

idrinkwine732
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a feeling he and I would be totally cool with eachother if we met. But he'd be that sorta guy who trashes everybody else that I know.

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I think Dave refused to play with Rotting Christ because they were anti-Christian or whatever.

Wizzbang11
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I think Dave refused to play with Rotting Christ because they were anti-Christian or whatever.

Yeah he refused to play with bands that were anti-christian, specifically the name of the band was what pissed him off.

rjturtle9
07-27-2010, 06:38 PM

But I thought Christians were supposed to be the most tolerant people on the planet. Doesn't religion teach people to love each other no matter the situation?

elturtleboy
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Jesus says you can be a dick to anyone you want,if you ever get kicked out of Metallica

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
But I thought Christians were supposed to be the most tolerant people on the planet.
They think they are, but they're actually some of the most intolerant people on the planet (well - the zealous ones, anyways). I think they teach that you are supposed to automatically love other Christians, but treat all others with disdain / pity. If the heathen(s) cannot be converted by said disdain / pity, then they are to be scorned and told that they are going to be "damned" to someplace called "Hell" unless they become "saved". If they still do not comply, then they are simply to be killed - but rounded up, and in massive numbers, because then killing is OK. One or two at a time is bad, but by the hundreds or thousands - no problem!

http://static.open.salon.com/files/jesus-thumps-up111248018906.jpg
Jesus says: "Kill 'Em All, and let my dad sort 'em out. Er, me - I'll sort 'em out.
Well, actually, me and my dad are actually the same person.
The two of us, and this ghost they call the Holy Spirit.
We're like a posse. Sort of. FUCK IT, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!"

Uh, yeah, Jesus. Sure. :eyes:

Jesus says you can be a dick to anyone you want,if you ever get kicked out of Metallica

Or, this.

mankvill
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Most Christians are cool, there are popular ones who are bad, making the rest look bad.

Most Jews are cool, there are popular ones who are bad, making the rest look bad.`

Most Muslims are cool, there are popular ones who are bad, making the rest lok bad.

etc.

etc.

We've been over this many times.

Wizzbang11
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Most Christians are lame, there are popular ones who are awful, making the rest look worse.

Most Jews are lame, there are popular ones who are awful, making the rest look worse.`

Most Muslims are lame, there are popular ones who are awful, making the rest look worse.

etc.

etc.

We've been over this many times.

There ya go.

rjturtle9
07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Haha I was being sarcastic but damn nat and mank give great answers.

mankvill
07-28-2010, 06:09 PM
There ya go.

pfft, go download the anarchists cookbook and go to hot topic you angsty 14 year old

Wizzbang11
07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
pfft, go download the anarchists cookbook and go to hot topic you angsty 14 year old

I'm content with my Sakevi era Punk on Wave zine d/ls and current wardrobe, thank you very much.

elturtleboy
07-28-2010, 07:45 PM

i actually downloaded the cookbook when i was 14!:punk: