PDA

View Full Version : 3 new Blind Guardian songs streaming on their site.

Travis The Dragon
07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.blind-guardian.com/2010/07/26/3-tracks/

Amazing songs so far! I can't wait to hear the rest.

darkguardian50
07-26-2010, 01:15 AM
"Tanelorn" is fucking killer. BG hasn't sounded this good in a while. This track in particular reminds me ALOT of Born in a Mourning Hall of the Imaginations disc. Brilliant solo to from Andre. :rocker:

"The War of Thrones" is one of the better ballads they have done in awhile as well, but the chorus is a little odd to me. I think its a little over orchestrated. Still a great song. :light:

"A Voice in the Dark" is also fucking killer. Brilliant riffing on this track. Marcus is just tearing it up! This track reminds me a bit of Curse of Feanor crossed with something from Imaginations. The production in general is very reminiscent of Imaginations. But the interweaving leads and heavy riffing does put me in the mind of Curse of Feanor but this has the big choruses of more recent BG efforts. A true melding of old and new. Brilliant. :rocker::rocker:

Now I am more excited bout this disc than anything else coming out this season and truth be told it wasn't even on my radar at the beginning of the year.

maidenpriest
07-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Tanelorn is the one truly new one on here since the other two were on the EP, and Tanelorn is a very strong track, i love the chorus. This album definitely seems to be heading back to the heavier direction from earlier albums but including the orchestration and stuff from Twist and Night at the Opera.

JLRedWing13
07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I enjoyed all three. Tanelorn and A Voice In The Dark are especially good.