8. Skeletons of Society
9. Temptation
10. Born of Fire
11. Seasons in the Abyss

---

12. South of Heaven
13. Raining Blood
14. Angel of Death

Montreal HEAVY MTL fest today with a lot of more bands including, Halford, Mastodon, Alice Cooper , going there soon

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

larvtard
07-24-2010, 08:54 AM
If that's Slayer's set during American Carnage, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. If they can only pull out one new song, just put in an old song instead that everyone wants to hear.

idrinkwine732
07-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Testament set is good though

Not happy with closing with A Tout Le Monde though...

Crionics
07-24-2010, 09:21 AM
If that's Slayer's set during American Carnage, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. If they can only pull out one new song, just put in an old song instead that everyone wants to hear.

Actually I think with that kind of squeezed time, it's a good set. This is where the downside of playing an album in its entirety comes in..especially if it's a co-headline. You don't have much time to play other material.

I'm suprised at no Disciple though, not that I really would die for that song (I love it though), but I think it has been on almost all their sets since GHUA was released.

larvtard
07-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Actually I think with that kind of squeezed time, it's a good set. This is where the downside of playing an album in its entirety comes in..especially if it's a co-headline. You don't have much time to play other material.

Whose idea was it to play an 42-minute album in its entirety during a 62-minute coheadlining set, anyway? Goddammit, I love Seasons, but this is a really dumb idea.

scouinci
07-24-2010, 09:38 AM
agressive perfector was on the slayer setlist just before angel of death but they didnt play it

Crionics
07-24-2010, 09:42 AM
agressive perfector was on the slayer setlist just before angel of death but they didnt play it

Good news, I'm hoping maybe there was just some problems setting up at this show and it took extra time, so they had to cut out one song.

And at Log yeah I agree, I mean if it was a 2 hour show, I could understand playing a full album but here it just makes everything else look so squeezed in.

scouinci
07-24-2010, 09:42 AM
yeah the show started almost 20 minutes late

Crionics
07-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Any chance there was something cut from Megadeth's set?

scouinci
07-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't think so

bt11763
07-24-2010, 09:52 AM
that testament set is awful :tp:

mankvill
07-24-2010, 10:09 AM
*Slayer plays Seasons in its entirety*

"Disappointing set*

Fuck you guys.

JLRedWing13
07-24-2010, 10:18 AM
that testament set is awful :tp:

I hope you're joking.

I'm happy with these sets. I really don't know why anybody would be expecting anything better.

kommie
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
http://thesilvertongueonline.com/?p=15102

bt11763
07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I hope you're joking.

I'm happy with these sets. I really don't know why anybody would be expecting anything better.

not really. it's the same thing theyve been doing for a couple years now, and it's too heavy on the new album. i was hoping for a bunch of classics for this tour.

JLRedWing13
07-24-2010, 10:36 AM
not really. it's the same thing theyve been doing for a couple years now, and it's too heavy on the new album. i was hoping for a bunch of classics for this tour.

Formation is awesome though. If you want to see them play a set with deeper cuts, go see them next year when they headline for their new album...

idrinkwine732
07-24-2010, 10:38 AM
I hope you're joking.

I expected a little bit more than Trust, Headcrusher and A Tout Le Monde, but I'll live. I really like Headcrusher, but Trust/A Tout Le Monde will make me sad.

:bouville::bouville::bouville:

bt11763
07-24-2010, 10:39 AM
:bouville::bouville::bouville:

vat? :eyes:

bt11763
07-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Formation is awesome though. If you want to see them play a set with deeper cuts, go see them next year when they headline for their new album...

yeah i know, i was just hoping for a change up since everyone's all OMG NOSTALGIA

MunicipalWasted
07-24-2010, 11:04 AM
*Slayer plays Seasons in its entirety*

"Disappointing set*

Fuck you guys.

THIS.

Maidenmagic
07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm going to the September 28th show (with Anthrax) so I'm concerned about Testament's set. (Not even a big fan of them either.) Despite not having Wake up dead, hook in mouth, or angry again, I'm glad that Megadeth is playing all of Rust in Peace instead of skipping songs like they were doing earlier. I do agree with the fact that A tout le monde shouldn't close the set.
Slayer's set is okay. Throw in some Mandatory Suicide, Hell Awaits, and Chemical Warfare and it would be better.

rjturtle9
07-24-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree with Testament's set being horrible. The other two aren't that bad. I want to see other sets for this tour to see if anything changes.

larvtard
07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Slayer's set is okay. Throw in some Mandatory Suicide, Hell Awaits, and Chemical Warfare and it would be better.

"Hell Awaits" and "Chemical Warfare" are basically the same length as "World Painted Blood." If they could pick one of those and play it instead of "World Painted Blood," the whole crowd would be happy. Well, except for the 15 year-olds who have only heard Reign in Blood and the new album. But they don't matter anyways :lol:

MunicipalWasted
07-24-2010, 11:58 AM
"Hell Awaits" and "Chemical Warfare" are basically the same length as "World Painted Blood." If they could pick one of those and play it instead of "World Painted Blood," the whole crowd would be happy. Well, except for the 15 year-olds who have only heard Reign in Blood and the new album. But they don't matter anyways :lol:

>> implying all 15-year olds arent true slayer fans

:mad:

mankvill
07-24-2010, 11:59 AM

$64,000 question: Do you think Reign In Blood is Slayer's best album?

Sanitarium78
07-24-2010, 12:00 PM
So is Slayer headlining all of the Carnage tour or are they rotating the spot with Megadeth every night?

Travis The Dragon
07-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I can't wait for Aug. 21! :rocker:

JLRedWing13
07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
More Than Meets the Eye
D.N.R.
The New Order
Practice What You Preach
Into the Pit
The Persecuted Won't Forget
The Formation Of Damnation

Yeah, all HORRIBLE songs. :tp: The only big song missing is Over The Wall.

El Gordo
07-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Slayer has got to be the least creative band ever when coming up with setlists.

larvtard
07-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Haha, I was gonna say "the fans who have only heard Reign in Blood and the new album," but then I thought, those fans are probably 15 years old.

Not all 15 year old fans are Slayer noobs, but most Slayer noobs are 15 years old is what I'm trying to say.

Slayer has got to be the least creative band ever when coming up with setlists.

MetalSucks wrote an article on bands playing albums in their entirety, and the writers who said that it is a dumb idea said "it allows bands to be lazy in creating setlists."

This set is the perfect example- they're playing an album, three staples that are played at every show, and a new song.

I know the album itself contains rare live songs, but would they have played those rare live songs if the whole album wasn't being played? Not a chance.

bt11763
07-24-2010, 02:13 PM
So is Slayer headlining all of the Carnage tour or are they rotating the spot with Megadeth every night?

nah i'm pretty sure they're headlining each night

Sanitarium78
07-24-2010, 02:19 PM
nah i'm pretty sure they're headlining each night

I'm honestly a little surprised Slayer is headlining over Megadeth. Considering the headline spot usually goes to who's sold more albums. I'm not sure about Canada but I pretty sure Megadeth has sold more than Slayer in the US.

bt11763
07-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm honestly a little surprised Slayer is headlining over Megadeth. Considering the headline spot usually goes to who's sold more albums. I'm not sure about Canada but I pretty sure Megadeth has sold more than Slayer in the US.

i don't agree, i feel like slayer has more popularity and draw to be honest. for example, i knew about slayer as a kid before i knew megadeth

scouinci
07-24-2010, 03:03 PM
slayer go before megadeth tonight in montreal but its a festival so that might be why

bt11763
07-24-2010, 03:06 PM
they've been going before megadeth on all of these tours, the original canadian carnage, the big 4, and now. like i said, i think it fits and i would be surprised if it changed.

larvtard
07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
they've been going before megadeth on all of these tours, the original canadian carnage, the big 4, and now. like i said, i think it fits and i would be surprised if it changed.

I'm glad that Slayer is headlining because they are obviously the far better band, but that means I have to suffer through Megadeth. I've seen 'Deth before and they're nothing special live.

Dissimulate
07-24-2010, 04:47 PM
On the original Canadian Carnage tour the headlining spot rotated. I think they'll do the same thing again on this tour.

Also, Reign in Blood being your favourite Slayer album does not automatically make you fifteen or a poser fan who's heard of nothing else.

mankvill
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
On the original Canadian Carnage tour the headlining spot rotated. I think they'll do the same thing again on this tour.

Also, Reign in Blood being your favourite Slayer album does not automatically make you fifteen or a poser fan who's heard of nothing else.

does too

bt11763
07-24-2010, 05:09 PM

oh really? hmph i forgot about that.... :confused:

does too

:lol:

Magson13
07-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Kinda disappointed with the setlists. I just saw Megadeth do almost this exact setlist, minus a song or two. And SLAYER only doing 4 songs in addition to Seasons is kinda lame, considering they have so many great songs to choose from.

Both headliners should have 90 minutes, or more. There's only three bands playing, no reason why they can't both play full sets

Dextrimental
07-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Personally, I would pay just to see Seasons in its entirety, legendary album, and I would be happy with that setlist.

That being said, Slayer aren't the best with creating setlists, however, I'v seen em three times, twice headlining and once at a festival, and all three times I'v seen old material I hadn't seen before.

Travis The Dragon
07-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Kinda disappointed with the setlists. I just saw Megadeth do almost this exact setlist, minus a song or two. And SLAYER only doing 4 songs in addition to Seasons is kinda lame, considering they have so many great songs to choose from.

Both headliners should have 90 minutes, or more. There's only three bands playing, no reason why they can't both play full sets

14-15 songs is a full set.

Magson13
07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
14-15 songs is a full set.

Not when it's only 60-75 minutes. That's a club/bar headlining set from newer bands. From thrash legends? 60-75 isn't a full set.

Jochen
07-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Does anyone have T-Shirt info?

Pastulio_
07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
MetalSucks wrote an article on bands playing albums in their entirety, and the writers who said that it is a dumb idea said "it allows bands to be lazy in creating setlists."

This set is the perfect example- they're playing an album, three staples that are played at every show, and a new song.

While that can be the case, not all bands get lazy. Judas Priest during the British Steel 20th Anniversary tour could have been lazy and just played Steel, Electric Eye, Painkiller, Prophecy, and You've Got Another Thing Comin', but instead they pulled out The Ripper, Hell Patrol, and Freewheel burning:drool:

hubub454
07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
i was there and Slayer did NOT play raining blood. I was pretty pumped for it, but every other song posted was played. pretty good set, Testament ftw tho

the deathmetaler
07-28-2010, 06:40 AM
As being my all time favorite band, Slayer are performing an "eh" setlist. There are way more songs they could break out. Yeah it has been 20 years since Seasons was released. They should only do the main songs from the album such as....War Ensemble, Spirit in Black, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Born of Fire, and Seasons. They could pull a few older tracks from Divine Intervention or anything pre-Seansons. I think playing the whole album is a bit of a waste. yeah it's cool to see songs that haven't really been played. But they have so many good songs that they could be playing.

scouinci
07-28-2010, 07:43 AM
i was there and Slayer did NOT play raining blood. I was pretty pumped for it, but every other song posted was played. pretty good set, Testament ftw tho

I was there and they played it, in montreal raining blood wasn't played though

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Does anyone have T-Shirt info?

I want too.

scouinci
07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
they were all at 35$

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
they were all at 35$

:mad: Now THAT'S fucking fucked up. :mad:

(and one of the primary the reasons why I prefer to spend my money on so many smaller metal bands / shows these days)

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 11:53 AM
they were all at 35$

*pain in testicles*

scouinci
07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I dont know about the reste of the world but shirts are always at that price here when in a venue with more than a 1000 people capacity

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I dont know about the reste of the world but shirts are always at that price here when in a venue with more than a 1000 people capacity

Yeah, I just don't frequently go to shows with more than 1000 people anymore...

I may pay the price, but I really don't want to...

Magson13
07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Did the shirts have both SLAYER and Megadeth on them? Possibly Testament, too....?

scouinci
07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I dont remember, sorry.
there was a lot of people in front of the merch booth since I just checked the price and went away as I also get most of my shirt for 20$ at smaller shows

JLRedWing13
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
*pain in testicles*
You paid $35 for a Maiden shirt, so hush. :P

PowerMaiden
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Did the shirts have both SLAYER and Megadeth on them? Possibly Testament, too....?

no, each bands have their own

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Crionics
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Just an FYI to everyone. Hate Worldwide has been added to Slayer's set since this show.

Crionics
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm glad that Slayer is headlining because they are obviously the far better band, but that means I have to suffer through Megadeth. I've seen 'Deth before and they're nothing special live.

Megadeth 09 on the Endgame tour was the best show I've been to :flame:

If you say "well you havn't been to many shows..."..Well fuck you....

JLRedWing13
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Just an FYI to everyone. Hate Worldwide has been added to Slayer's set since this show.

FUCK. :mad:

PowerMaiden
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM

yeah they dropped Raining Blood for it

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JLRedWing13
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
yeah they dropped Raining Blood for it

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2010/metro-center-halifax-ns-canada-53d453a5.html

False.

mankvill
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
hate every one of you saying this is a disappointing setlist.

PowerMaiden
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2010/metro-center-halifax-ns-canada-53d453a5.html

False.

ok they did not play RB in Montreal that's why I was saying that

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Crionics
07-28-2010, 05:11 PM
ok they did not play RB in Montreal that's why I was saying that

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I heard it wasn't played in Montreal due to Fear Factory taking too long.

Edit: To those of you who hate Hate Worldwide.."I'M A LAWLESS HERETIC, NOT A GOD FEARING LUNATIC!"

JLRedWing13
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
They just had to add Hate Worldwide, the worst song on that album.... :mad::mad::mad:

mankvill
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
They just had to add Hate Worldwide, the worst song on that album.... :mad::mad::mad:

Listen to Americon. :barf:

JLRedWing13
07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Listen to Americon. :barf:
Yeah, the album in general is full of stuff that makes me feel that way...

larvtard
07-30-2010, 07:30 AM

Human Strain.

anyways...

they just played in Toronto last night and played "Aggressive Perfector." Second to last song in the encore.

Crionics
07-30-2010, 04:14 PM
IMO Americon is the worst on WPB

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Human Strain.

Not. At. All.

Americon is probably the worst. Either that or Beauty Through Order.

Crionics
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Not. At. All.

1. High Five!

2. :mad:

larvtard
07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Not. At. All.

you like that song???

well this is coming from the person who thinks God Hates Us All is their 2nd best album :lol:

Americon doesn't completely suck, but I wouldn't listen to it under my free will or anything.

and I still don't understand why you don't like Beauty. It's such an awesome song. Think "Postmortem" or "Live Undead"

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
you like that song???

well this is coming from the person who thinks God Hates Us All is their 2nd best album :lol:

Americon doesn't completely suck, but I wouldn't listen to it under my free will or anything.

and I still don't understand why you don't like Beauty. It's such an awesome song. Think "Postmortem" or "Live Undead"

First of all, GHUA is my second favorite Slayer album, but I don't think it's their second best, if you get what I'm saying.

And second, don't ever, EVER compare that piece of shit "Beauty Through Order" to two Slayer classics.

OK, Beauty Through Order isn't a total piece of shit, but I absolutely hate the first 1 minute and 37 seconds of that song. The rest is pretty good.

larvtard
07-30-2010, 05:30 PM
First of all, GHUA is my second favorite Slayer album, but I don't think it's their second best, if you get what I'm saying.

And second, don't ever, EVER compare that piece of shit "Beauty Through Order" to two Slayer classics.

OK, Beauty Through Order isn't a total piece of shit, but I absolutely hate the first 1 minute and 37 seconds of that song. The rest is pretty good.

Oh ok I gotcha.

And what I meant was that "Beauty" is in the style of those two songs- starts off really slow, finishes off really fast.

I like the slow part but I could see how you wouldn't like it.

idrinkwine732
07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
WPB was terrible apart from the okay title track and the very good Psychopathy Red.

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
WPB was terrible apart from the okay title track and the very good Psychopathy Red.

I very much disagree. The tracks that I really like on the album are the title track, Hate Worldwide, Psychopathy Red, Human Strain, and Playing With Dolls. The other songs are okay, but aren't great. The main thing that brings the album down is its terrible production. Seriously, fuck Greg Fidelman with a rusty knife.

Crionics
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM

I thought the only terrible track was Americon. And you didn't like Public Display of Dismemberment?

JLRedWing13
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM

We have found the correct answer.

mankvill
07-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Americon might be the worst Slayer song ever written, lyric-wise.

And I liked WPB a lot more than loathed it.

hubub454
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM
i thot the entire production on world painted blood ruined the whole album. i cant listen to it, but live the songs are really good. where was the bass on that album?

idrinkwine732
07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
If they only play Psychopathy Red from WPB for the rest of their careers I'll be a happy camper. But if they fill up set time with Hate Worldwide and WPB for a while, I won't be seeing them much more.

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 11:36 AM
At least they get those songs out of the way first on this tour...

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 02:25 PM
At least they get those songs out of the way first on this tour...

It starts it off on a poor note though, which I don't like.

Happy I heard Psychopathy Red before this tour though. Tom no headbang? bummer....

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 05:02 PM
It starts it off on a poor note though, which I don't like.

Happy I heard Psychopathy Red before this tour though. Tom no headbang? bummer....
I think WPB is fine as an opener. Hate Worldwide is going to be a buzzkill, but once they start War Ensemble I'll be fine. :D