PDA

View Full Version : Accept/King's X to tour USA?

Travis The Dragon
07-22-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143415

So far, only 2 dates are on there. The one in the article and the other in user comments. I wonder if it'll turn into a full tour.

TonyD
07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Sort of a strange pairing

Maiden33
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
I hope not. Would love to see King's X again but have absolutely no interest in seeing Accept.

mankvill
07-22-2010, 09:52 PM
BAWLS TO DA WAWL

The Green and Black
07-23-2010, 05:53 AM
I hope not. Would love to see King's X again but have absolutely no interest in seeing Accept.

I would love to see Accept but have absolutely no interest in seeing King's X!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Just saw the Dallas date in the paper today. October 12th at the House Of Blues.

I will be there.

For the record, I couldn't care less about seeing King's X either. Never was a fan.

PowerMaiden
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
yeah even though it's not with Udo, I think I would still go , last time I checked the setlist was very heavy on those amazing 3 first albums :drool:

is the singer any good ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

makethemsuffer12
08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
is the singer any good ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

From what I've heard he seems like a pretty good fit.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-06-2010, 07:45 PM
is the singer any good ?

Judge for yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5yp19t4VYs)

I like him. I've had the mp3 for a while. Good stuff. He was the singer for TT Quick.

PowerMaiden
08-07-2010, 06:50 AM
wow, I really like that song, it sounds like it could have be released back in the 80's , and you're right the guy on the pipe is a really good fit, a sort of mix between Paul Di'Anno & Udo

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

es156
08-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Source: Brave Words (http://www.bravewords.com/news/143873)

Reactivated metal legends ACCEPT will be supported by KING'S X for shows in the US this September/October. More dates have been announced, and now include:

September
23 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
24 - Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
25 - Sayreville, NJ - The Starland Ballroom
27 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
29 - Foxborough, MA - Showcase Live

October
1 - Reading, PA - The Silo
2 - Mount Clemens, MI - The Emerald Theatre
9 - Chicago, IL - The Arcada
12 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
13 - Houston, TX - House of Blues

That "Chicago" show is at a theater way out in the suburbs. Why would they play a theater? I hope they add more dates that are general admission.

PowerMaiden
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM
they need to squeeze in a Montreal date in there somewhere

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

thegame747
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I hope I'll be going to the show at Starland. I'd love to see Accept, but I've been really wanting to see King's X. I've heard differing opinions, some saying they're amazing and some saying their horrible. I'd like to find out for myself.

Maiden33
08-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I hope I'll be going to the show at Starland. I'd love to see Accept, but I've been really wanting to see King's X. I've heard differing opinions, some saying they're amazing and some saying their horrible. I'd like to find out for myself.

They're amazing, no question. The only reason people ever say King's X suck live are because they occassionally open for inappropriately metal bands that attract dumb close-minded "metal!" fans. I'm dying to see them again, they're so good.

thegame747
08-08-2010, 07:28 PM
They're amazing, no question. The only reason people ever say King's X suck live are because they occassionally open for inappropriately metal bands that attract dumb close-minded "metal!" fans. I'm dying to see them again, they're so good.

One of my friends saw them last year with Porcupine Tree. He complained about their riffs "being bland and boring." I just kinda figured, whatever, he can have his opinion. I never considered much of King's X's music bland. But then again, he was probably expecting something else. I'm just pissed I missed that show anyway. :bouville:

When I first got Dogman, I fell in love and have been wanting to see them BADLY since.