PDA

View Full Version : The Acacia Strain - Wormwood

andrew_metalhead
07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
The Acacia Strain have come up with the heaviest, most polished effort of their short, prolific career. The band stated in the lead-up to this album that every track has it's own dynamic and no two songs are similar. I wouldn't say they completely succeeded in that endeavour, but it's true for the most part. On the whole, it's dark and heavy while being mystical and haunting at times. If I have to put a label on it, I would suggest fans of death metal and technical death metal to go out, buy this record and savor 47 and a half minutes of brilliant, crushing musicianship.

Full review: http://metalassault.com/Reviews/072010_The_Acacia_Strain.php

the deathmetaler
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Wormwood gave me wood....This album is just so brutal. From "Beast" to "Tactical Nuke" the album just provides the listener with 48 minutes of crushing riffs and Vincent's lyrics that just make you wanna beat someone up. 9.5/10

treghet
07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I heard good things about this album so I searched for a couple new songs on youtube. Wow... I swear the songs never changed pace and repeated the same chug chug riff over and over. Bored me to hell.

mastodon421
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
This record is really good. I have listened to it a few times already. I don't if The Acacia Strain's best work to date but it is up there.