07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Lamb of God: 7/10
Hatebreed: 7.5/10
3 Inches of Blood: 8/10

http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg

mankvill
07-19-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg

Gave them an 8 last time (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10162)

A few of their songs are catchy and fun, most of it is pretty boring though. I feel kind of lame for saying it, but they're not fast enough for me :P

bt11763
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Gave them an 8 last time (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10162)

A few of their songs are catchy and fun, most of it is pretty boring though. I feel kind of lame for saying it, but they're not fast enough for me :P

well i was just not expecting that.

i for one will always love LOG, no matter how much more br00tal i become:allan:

mankvill
07-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Personal opinion and taste aside, I honestly believe that Lamb of God is the biggest American metal band right now. Following Slayer in the 80s and Pantera in the 90s, Lamb of God incites crazy crowds wherever they go. On one of the hottest days of the summer, they brought a huge tour to the Beaumont Club and each band brought a different genre of metal and each band performed really well.

First band up was 3 Inches Of Blood. I saw them on Ozzfest 2007, but that was in the midst of a torrential downpour, so it was good to see them without a distraction. Although I was off to the side at the Beaumont, the sound was pretty good all night long. I think they'd be better if they still had their old screamer, but Cam Pipes and company did a fine job. I haven't heard any of their new stuff, but it fit in well with their old stuff. Deadly Sinners is awesome live and The Goatrider's Horde is one of the best! I hope they come back soon, but I won't hold my breath.

I've had a chance to see Hatebreed before multiple times but I've always skipped them. Since the first time at Ozzfest 2007, I've been turned on to real metalcore and good hardcore, so I was kind of anxious to see how they'd be. First off, let me say that Jamey Jasta is lying if he doesn't take a huge influence from Biohazard, More than once, I could tell there were some hip-hop overtones. Other than that, Jasta is a great frontman and he worked the crowd throughout their entire hour-long set. At one point, he said, "When I count to three, the people on your left and right are Cardinals and Raiders fans!" which was just priceless. He also dedicated one of their songs to Peter Steele, which was the first I've seen. They played the Beaumont with Type O (and 3 Inches of Blood!) on a Jagermeister tour a couple years ago, and Jamey said it was bittersweet. But you couldn't tell that. They tore through a set that left everyone smiling.

It's no secret that Lamb of God are the biggest American metal band right now. I have no doubt in my mind that in 5 years, they will easily sell out any venue they headline, from clubs to amphitheaters. I'm not the biggest fan of their music; at times I found it just going through the motions. Almost like they wrote songs just to "sound like Lamb of God". But that might be because I'm not a fan. When they did songs that really got the crowd going, such as Set To Fail, Now You've Got Something To Die For, Laid to Rest and Redneck, they were pretty fun to watch. I don't know if they need more old or new songs in their set, but if they had more fast songs, they'd be greater live. But that's just my opinion. From the number of mosh pits and crowd surfers, it's clear that Lamb of God were on the top of their game tonight.

mankvill
07-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Oh yeah, I met Fires of Sedition there.

He is SEXY AS FUCK

IF I WAS GAY

I'D BE ALL UP IN THAT ASS

he's going to bitch about the crowd, btw.

Dissimulate
07-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Personal opinion and taste aside, I honestly believe that Lamb of God is the biggest American metal band right now.
I disagree, I don't see them selling out arenas and stadiums like Metallica.

mankvill
07-20-2010, 12:19 AM
I disagree, I don't see them selling out arenas and stadiums like Metallica.

Biggest American metal band of the last 10 years.

Dissimulate
07-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Biggest American metal band of the last 10 years.
Wouldn't Slipknot or maybe Korn be bigger, or are they older than that?

mankvill
07-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Wouldn't Slipknot or maybe Korn be bigger, or are they older than that?

I'd say they're older. They really hit their stide in the 90's, and nu-metal was way, way more acceptable then extreme metal, even now.

I don't know if in this day and age we'll see another metal act be able to headline arenas on normal tours other than Metallica and Iron Maiden, but I have no doubt in my mind that LoG will come close within the next 5 or so years.

xStructualDefect
07-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Lamb of God actually did an arena tour back in 2007. it was co-headlining with Killswitch Engage and with DevilDriver and Soilwork as openers. of course the arena wasn't close to sold out as majority of seats were empty, but the floor was super packed. one of the most intense crowds i've ever seen,

Derelict
07-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Did you are fires play uno and stare longingly into each others eyes?

daimonos
07-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Hey Mank, have you ever hear Lamb of God's first album, New American Gospel? That one is radically different than the rest of them, and the only song they play live from it is Black Label. If you were to like any of them, it would probably be this one, it's more "extreme" than the other ones. I'm probly not gonna change your opinion, but I'll post the links anyways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39_Ly8W54U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSubcVDP-iI

Cross Face Chicken Wing
07-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I'd say they're older. They really hit their stide in the 90's, and nu-metal was way, way more acceptable then extreme metal, even now.

I don't know if in this day and age we'll see another metal act be able to headline arenas on normal tours other than Metallica and Iron Maiden, but I have no doubt in my mind that LoG will come close within the next 5 or so years.

I respectfully disagree. I love LOG, but they will never even approach arena status, mainly because of Randy's vocals. That vocal style just doesn't have widespread mainstream appeal.

I hope I'm wrong, but I would expect LOG to keep playing 3-5k capacity venues the rest of their careers.

evildeadjedi
07-20-2010, 09:22 AM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-500-400.jpg

mankvill
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-500-400.jpg

Randy Blythe rolled over my neighbor's dog. What a jackass.

evildeadjedi
07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Randy Blythe rolled over my neighbor's dog. What a jackass.

Mutha fucka!

Fires Of Sedition
07-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I've never sweated so much in my life.

The Pantangler
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
We had to literally wring our shirts out. It was disgusting. 3IoB was amazing, and LoG were their usual mind-blowing selves. Fuck the crowd. On a related note, if you
A.) Wear a ballcap
B.) Wear a Bandana
C.) Jump up and down in place
D.) Take off your shirt
at a metal show. FUCK YOU, and I hope your children get Lupus.

treghet
07-20-2010, 01:49 PM
On multiple occasions I have almost gone to a Lamb of God show, but I still haven't seen them. I'm not a big fan of them, but I do think a few of their songs are really good. Seeing them live would probably be a lot more fun.

On a related note, if you
A.) Wear a ballcap
B.) Wear a Bandana
D.) Take off your shirt
at a metal show. FUCK YOU, and I hope your children get Lupus.

I agree. Although, if it is legitimately hot then I don't mind shirtless people. Except when you're stuck behind an insanely fat guy with the hairiest back imaginable... :hecho:

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Wait, why can't I wear a baseball cap to a metal show?

treghet
07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Wait, why can't I wear a baseball cap to a metal show?

Well, don't wear a flat brim one. That's what I assumed he meant, because those are the only hats I see at shows... and who wears them? Karate kids.

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, don't wear a flat brim one. That's what I assumed he meant, because those are the only hats I see at shows... and who wears them? Karate kids.

I don't have any flatbilled caps, and yeah, I do kind of associate the wearing of them with douchebaggery, but I do wear baseball caps just about every day and I don't understand how that could impede someone's enjoyment of a metal show.

Fires Of Sedition
07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't have any flatbilled caps, and yeah, I do kind of associate the wearing of them with douchebaggery, but I do wear baseball caps just about every day and I don't understand how that could impede someone's enjoyment of a metal show.

He did mean the flat billed douchebag ones.

The Pantangler
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
On multiple occasions I have almost gone to a Lamb of God show, but I still haven't seen them. I'm not a big fan of them, but I do think a few of their songs are really good. Seeing them live would probably be a lot more fun.

I agree. Although, if it is legitimately hot then I don't mind shirtless people. Except when you're stuck behind an insanely fat guy with the hairiest back imaginable... :hecho:

I agree somewhat. I mean, I understand if its an outdoor show, but if you're in a packed venue or in the pit, leave that shit on. I also forgot a couple very important things.

E.) People who when they see a band take the stage, take that as their signal to push everyone in front of them as HARD as they can towards the stage.
F.) Crowdsurfers. If you kick me, I will wail on your kidneys, fucker.

xStructualDefect
07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
B.) Wear a Bandana

i wear bandanas at shows, but only outdoor shows with grass so i don't inhale dust. what's so bad about that? but i don't see a point in wearing them in indoor venues.

and what's so bad about jumping at a show?

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
A.) Wear a ballcap
B.) Wear a Bandana
D.) Take off your shirt

E.) People who when they see a band take the stage, take that as their signal to push everyone in front of them as HARD as they can towards the stage.
F.) Crowdsurfers. If you kick me, I will wail on your kidneys, fucker.
I almost always wear a bandana these days, but it's purely to help keep the sweat out of my eyes - same reason I wear it when I work out. If I don't wear a bandana, then I'm probably wearing a hat (but not with a flat bill). I've certainly been known to jump up and down, but not continuously like the guys in the House of Pain video for the song "Jump Around" or anything. I rarely take off my shirt anymore, but I've been known to do so when the situation warrants. I have definitely crowdsurfed in the past, but nowadays I would crush people so I don't bother anymore. Back when I did it, the crowd was big enough to justify it, and they were expecting it, so there wasn't an issue. The only thing on the above list I haven't done is E., but that's because I'm usually already up front. :fist:

...and yet, having commited all of the above "infractions", I consider myself to be the quintessential non-douchebag concert-goer. I'm helpful, friendly and polite (unless someone gives me a reason not to be). So what have we learned here today? Same thing I always say:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FUCKING CONTEXT.

In other words, it's not so much about what you do, it's mostly about the manner in which you do it.

Derelict
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
None of those are as offensive as smelly teenagers not wearing deodorant

mankvill
07-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I think the only members of bands that should be allowed to wear bandanas must be in Saint Vitus.

The Pantangler
07-20-2010, 03:06 PM
I almost always wear a bandana these days, but it's purely to help keep the sweat out of my eyes - same reason I wear it when I work out. If I don't wear a bandana, then I'm probably wearing a hat (but not with a flat bill). I've certainly been known to jump up and down, but not continuously like the guys in the House of Pain video for the song "Jump Around" or anything. I rarely take off my shirt anymore, but I've been known to do so when the situation warrants. I have definitely crowdsurfed in the past, but nowadays I would crush people so I don't bother anymore. Back when I did it, the crowd was big enough to justify it, and they were expecting it, so there wasn't an issue. The only thing on the above list I haven't done is E., but that's because I'm usually already up front. :fist:

...and yet, having commited all of the above "infractions", I consider myself to be the quintessential non-douchebag concert-goer. I'm helpful, friendly and polite (unless someone gives me a reason not to be). So what have we learned here today? Same thing I always say:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FUCKING CONTEXT.

In other words, it's not so much about what you do, it's mostly about the manner in which you do it.

I have no problem with the actual articles of clothing. I have no problem with functional accessories. I have a problem with the vast majority of people who wear those things because they think they make them cool. Its kind of like an Affliction t-shirt, you see those and your brain goes "DOUCHEFAG". As for jumping in place, if you absolutely HAVE to do it, do it somewhere where you aren't going to elbow someone in the jaw. As for the shirt, if you are not outdoors or taking it off to wrap it around a bullet wound, there is no excuse. And crowdsurfers.... those are just something I will have to accept will never go away no matter how much I hate them. I'll just have to look on the bright side. I mean, hey, I get to punch someone who can't do anything about it. I know there are concert goers that aren't douche bags, I'm just exceptionally angry at the inconsiderate Kansas City crowds.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 03:07 PM
None of those are as offensive as smelly teenagers not wearing deodorant

I know, right? I mean, haven't they seen the Axe commercials? That shit'll getcha laid, bros!

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I think the only members of bands that should be allowed to wear bandanas must be in Saint Vitus.BRUJERIA would like to have a machete - er, word - with you, cabron.

mankvill
07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
BRUJERIA would like to have a machete - er, word - with you, cabron.

Okay

Saint Vitus - Headbands
Brujeria - Bandanas

:D

kommie
07-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Was this some off date? Cause Lamb of God and 3 Inches of Blood are the only bands on Mayhem that are any good.

mankvill
07-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Was this some off date? Cause Lamb of God and 3 Inches of Blood are the only bands on Mayhem that are any good.

Yes, it was an off-date.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Okay

Saint Vitus - Headbands
Brujeria - Bandanas

:D
Done.
:money:

300%_Density
07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Man a KC post and I waited till I was on page 4. I'm slipping. I've been to the Beaumont in the summer and it just gets ungodly hot. The fact it would be hot and full of d bags. And I was right apparently. Sad 3IOB don't get a longer set time.

*Damn you Jamey for your Cardinals comment* :mad:

mankvill
07-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Man a KC post and I waited till I was on page 4. I'm slipping. I've been to the Beaumont in the summer and it just gets ungodly hot. The fact it would be hot and full of d bags. And I was right apparently. Sad 3IOB don't get a longer set time.

*Damn you Jamey for your Cardinals comment* :mad:

:D Hatebreed came out to the Star Spangled Banner and I swear I could hear everyone go "...and the home of the CHIEEEEEEEEEEFS!"

300%_Density
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM
:D Hatebreed came out to the Star Spangled Banner and I swear I could hear everyone go "...and the home of the CHIEEEEEEEEEEFS!"

LOL first off WTF, who comes out to the Star Spangled Banner? And that last comment is probably the least surprising news I've got in a long time. lol

Fires Of Sedition
07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Lamb of God:

In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Hourglass
Dead Seeds
Descending
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Contractor
Laid To Rest
Omerta
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

Hatebreed included:

Betrayed By Life
Proven
I Will Be Heard
Doomsayer
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Everyone Bleeds Now
Last Breath
Tear It Down

3 Inches Of Blood:

Battles And Brotherhood
?
Trial Of Champions
Wykydtron
Deadly Sinners
Goatrider's Horde

Review to come.

Lamb of God: 7/10
Hatebreed: 7.5/10
3 Inches of Blood: 8/10

Fucking noob

CapnAwesome
07-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Fucking noob

I was about to say...If they had played "Ashes of The Fall" meaning Ashes of The Wake, I'd be VERY surprised

jhdeity
07-21-2010, 07:33 AM
The positive:

1) That is the best LOG setlist I've seen in a loooong time. I really hope I get Vigil, Ruin or Hourglass at Mayhem Friday.
2) Manks and I finally agree on something... anything. I also prefer LOG's faster stuff. When they're thrashing out they're at their best to me. Except Fake Messiah which is one of my favorite slower songs of all time.

The negative:

If you hate everyone at concerts and how they dress and act, buy a DVD. I've never heard suck douchebaggery in my life. The fact you never specified flat brim hats, hate crowd surfers, think Affliction is actually Ed Hardy and think more highly of someone rocking a hot topic knock-off shirt makes you King Douche to me. EDUCATE YOURSELF, GROW A PAIR OR STAY HOME.

Thank you... drive thru...

Sanitarium78
07-21-2010, 08:08 AM
If you hate everyone at concerts and how they dress and act, buy a DVD. I've never heard suck douchebaggery in my life. The fact you never specified flat brim hats, hate crowd surfers, think Affliction is actually Ed Hardy and think more highly of someone rocking a hot topic knock-off shirt makes you King Douche to me. EDUCATE YOURSELF, GROW A PAIR OR STAY HOME.

Thank you... drive thru...

Well said. I'm not a big fan of crowds myself but i've been to enough concerts to know what the expect and how to deal with them. I'm with the guy who doesn't like crowd surfers though. There's too many people who don't do it right and that's what ruins it. Also, it's a LOG show if you don't like people pushing and shoving and whatnot you shouldn't get a spot close to the stage. Just stay near the back and enjoy it. I'm not a mosher/surfer at all and that's what I do when I go to see a band where I know the crowd activity will be very heavy like at a LOG/Hatebreed show.

Both LOG and Hatebreeds sets a good. At least with Descending, BTCS and Vigil they're throwing in a few they haven't done every show for the last year and a half. Does Hatebreed hate their new album? It seems like such a waste that they've only been doing the same two with maybe another one here and there and that's it.

jhdeity
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Well said. I'm not a big fan of crowds myself but i've been to enough concerts to know what the expect and how to deal with them. I'm with the guy who doesn't like crowd surfers though. There's too many people who don't do it right and that's what ruins it. Also, it's a LOG show if you don't like people pushing and shoving and whatnot you shouldn't get a spot close to the stage. Just stay near the back and enjoy it. I'm not a mosher/surfer at all and that's what I do when I go to see a band where I know the crowd activity will be very heavy like at a LOG/Hatebreed show.

Both LOG and Hatebreeds sets a good. At least with Descending, BTCS and Vigil they're throwing in a few they haven't done every show for the last year and a half. Does Hatebreed hate their new album? It seems like such a waste that they've only been doing the same two with maybe another one here and there and that's it.

Yeah I don't like to be kicked in the head but I'm not going to give someone a kidney shot if they are just passing by. Shockingly I've never done it and don't like having to keep an eye out for it but it's always going to be there so I just accept it.

I'm never happier or in my own element more than at a live show. Waking up in Camden Friday morning will be like Xmas morning for me. Knowing I'm going to meet cool people, be able to wander anywhere I want and see so many cool bands is what it's about for me. I can't imagine seeing someone in a bandana in 95 degree heat and hating on them. That's GEIGH! hahaha

Fires Of Sedition
07-21-2010, 10:22 AM
The Pantangler and I have been to tons of shows. We know what to expect. But every time we've been in Kansas/Missouri we've been completely smashed, not able to move. We've never had a problem like that in Oklahoma except for when The Marquee let WAY too many people in for Cannibal Corpse. I've never seen that place so packed. I just don't understand how shoving up against everyone to the point of being unable to move at all is fun for some people.

mankvill
07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
The only times I've been so smashed by the crowd that I couldn't move was at Ozzfest 2007 and at Megadeth at that same venue.

Fires Of Sedition
07-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh yeah, I met Fires of Sedition there.

He is SEXY AS FUCK

IF I WAS GAY

I'D BE ALL UP IN THAT ASS

he's going to bitch about the crowd, btw.

Why do all of my friends end up wanting to homosex me?

Did you are fires play uno and stare longingly into each others eyes?

He was a pussy, standing off to the side. What a girl.

mankvill
07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
He was a pussy, standing off to the side. What a girl.

psh, like i'm gonna be down in the pit with all them LoG douches

Fires Of Sedition
07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
psh, like i'm gonna be down in the pit with all them LoG douches

Touche. One dude looked pretty bloody.

TonyD
07-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Isn't this the same set they've been playing at headlining shows for the past year and a half?

Fires Of Sedition
07-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Isn't this the same set they've been playing at headlining shows for the past year and a half?

Few different songs. I'm pretty sure Hourglass, Vigil, and Descending weren't played last year.