PDA

View Full Version : Stoned Discusion: Hetfield Mustaine and Ulrich live jam dream setlist+'who's on bass?

FelipeTheFornicator
07-19-2010, 08:21 PM
...of historically relevant material (kill'em all and prior+known covers) what would your dream set be? and also, who would you have on bass and why? (between ellefson trujillo and newsted) the occasion would be a dream sonisphere jam, your choice of backstage or on.

my choice would be:

phantom lord
mechanix
motorbreath
jump in the fire
whiplash
the prince
metal militia
-
killing time
rattlehead
hit the lights

id much rather have ellefson on bass, i think hes more versatile thrash bassist than trujillo, he's also been around mustaine way long ergo knowing a lot of this material. he was also recently quoted at sonisphere saying he had no hard feelings against metallica because he was never involved and that he liked their material.

i would've picked more mustaine songs such as polaris (as hes quoted on guitar world (last months issue) saying polaris was initially written prior to him joining metallica) but i dont think lars would be up for the drums on that one...

what about you?

cheers!

mankvill
07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Rob on bass. Because Suicidal Tendencies rules and he deserves it.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Cliff Burton on bass.

[\thread]

DigMySpanky
07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
How are Cliff Burton and Ron McGovney not options seeing how this is about early Metallica and it's a "dream."

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 02:19 PM
How are Cliff Burton and Ron McGovney not options seeing how this is about early Metallica and it's a "dream."

Cliff is an option now, and he's been selected. Let's move on.

:D

FelipeTheFornicator
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM

i jsut didnt include them in the effort of keeping it as likely to happen as possible (we're dreaming, right?) but hell i wouldnt mind having cliff down for the show... i can think of a few other musicians im glad to trade in his place

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 04:35 PM
i jsut didnt include them in the effort of keeping it as likely to happen as possible (we're dreaming, right?) but hell i wouldnt mind having cliff down for the show... i can think of a few other musicians im glad to trade in his place
OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!

You are dead to me now.
:bouville:

camby118
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Why is Ulrich necessary? Can we bring back 1990 Nick Menza and have him drum?
My lineup would be Dave, Menza, Newsted or Ellefson, and Hetfield

larvtard
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Hell while we're at it let's just take three random guys off the street and use them instead of Hetfield, Mustaine, and Ulrich. They'd probably play better :allan:

Dissimulate
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
For bass: Ron McGovney.