PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Cuyahoga Falls, OH -- July 15th, 2010

TheCzar
07-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Wow this was my first Maiden show and it was amazing. I've never had so much fun at a show before. The whole set was amazing the new stuff is so good live. My only compliant about the show is the dude in front of me who kept complaining that they wasn't playing any songs that he knew. Bruce is such an entertaining front man one of the best in my opinion. I had such an awesome time.

Iron Maiden
1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance of Death
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----------------------
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

DethMaiden
07-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Format! :foaming:

Dream Theater played the usual:
As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Home
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Pull Me Under

Dream Theater were super awesome. When they actually just go up and play their songs, they're a lot of fun. I'll just have to stick to seeing them in support slots. John Myung was amazing on A Rite of Passage and Panic Attack, and I'd say those were the highlights. Pull Me Under was underwhelming because James just can't sing it anymore. He was pretty hit or miss over the course of the set, but they were still really good on the whole.

Maiden were fucking Maiden. Yeah, the crowd wasn't super into it during the reunion tracks that weren't The Wicker Man, but I don't give a shit, because I was into it and I sang every word for them. :D Highlights of the set for me were Wrathchild (so fun!), These Colours Don't Run (chilling speech beforehand), Blood Brothers (dedicated to RJD and plenty of fan support, probably the most of the non-Wicker Man reunion tunes), No More Lies (one of the first songs I learned on guitar, never thought I'd see it live), and of course the entire encore, which ruled.

Also, Whale Oil Beef Hooked. :lol:

TheCzar
07-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Format! :foaming:

Dream Theater played the usual:
As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Home
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Pull Me Under

Dream Theater were super awesome. When they actually just go up and play their songs, they're a lot of fun. I'll just have to stick to seeing them in support slots. John Myung was amazing on A Rite of Passage and Panic Attack, and I'd say those were the highlights. Pull Me Under was underwhelming because James just can't sing it anymore. He was pretty hit or miss over the course of the set, but they were still really good on the whole.

Maiden were fucking Maiden. Yeah, the crowd wasn't super into it during the reunion tracks that weren't The Wicker Man, but I don't give a shit, because I was into it and I sang every word for them. :D Highlights of the set for me were Wrathchild (so fun!), These Colours Don't Run (chilling speech beforehand), Blood Brothers (dedicated to RJD and plenty of fan support, probably the most of the non-Wicker Man reunion tunes), No More Lies (one of the first songs I learned on guitar, never thought I'd see it live), and of course the entire encore, which ruled.

I apologize for having the wrong format. No More Lies was defiantly a highlight of mine as was Brave New World.

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Pull Me Under was underwhelming because James just can't sing it anymore. He was pretty hit or miss over the course of the set, but they were still really good on the whole.

That's strange, I thought he did great in Jersey, and Pull Me Under was probably the best song of their set (that and Panic Attack) if you ask me. Must've been an off night for him.

DethMaiden
07-16-2010, 07:23 AM
That's strange, I thought he did great in Jersey, and Pull Me Under was probably the best song of their set (that and Panic Attack) if you ask me. Must've been an off night for him.

It kind of happened throughout the set, but wherever a really powerful high note goes on record, a really loud, atonal yell would replace it. Like he was more concerned with hitting the words than the notes. I dunno. Still a great set from them, soooo glad I got to see them without some 20 minute keyboard battle or any other stupid shit.

powerslave_85
07-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Also, Whale Oil Beef Hooked. :lol:I wish they were selling those shirts at the merch booths. I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

daimonos
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
I wish they were selling those shirts at the merch booths. I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

I saw someone wearing one at the Pittsburgh show, dunno where he got it though.

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2010, 08:21 AM
My favorite part, besides singing along to the songs, was the intro to Blood Brothers. He dedicated it to Dio, and then he went on to say that everyone there was part of the brotherhood of Iron Maiden, eveyone was welcome. "Religion? Bullshit. Country? Bullshit." Made my heart smile....I love metal. :D

That being said, I think alot of people didn't know what the setlist was going to be, so the crowd was low energy during the reunion songs. We were on the lawn, where there were some rednecks and drunk people....but otherwise a VERY awesome show.

Sanitarium78
07-16-2010, 12:04 PM

Steve wore the same shirt the show before this in Burgettstown. I wonder how many of those he has made for himself?

bt11763
07-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Steve wore the same shirt the show before this in Burgettstown. I wonder how many of those he has made for himself?

haha, same with the nyc date

Maidenmagic
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow this was my first Maiden show and it was amazing. I've never had so much fun at a show before. The whole set was amazing the new stuff is so good live. My only compliant about the show is the dude in front of me who kept complaining that they wasn't playing any songs that he knew. Bruce is such an entertaining front man one of the best in my opinion. I had such an awesome time.

Iron Maiden
1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance of Death
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----------------------
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

That dude should have took the time and bought the more recent albums. He is not a true fan. (Like half of the people who go to Maiden concerts.)

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
That dude should have took the time and bought the more recent albums. He is not a true fan. (Like half of the people who go to Maiden concerts.)

I knew alot of the older fans (mostly dads) and the young people (10 year olds that came with said dads) didn't enjoy the setlist...which is perplexing because they should have looked it up before hand.

Like Bruce said, if you only want to hear the hits, "go to Las Vegas and see a fucking cover band."

Dextrimental
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I knew alot of the older fans (mostly dads) and the young people (10 year olds that came with said dads) didn't enjoy the setlist...which is perplexing because they should have looked it up before hand.

I disagree with this whole-heartedly, part of the greatness of seeing your first concert (for the kids) and seeing your favorite band as a kid (the dads) would be not knowing the setlist, and I can agree with both parties as to why this particular setlist would annoy them. Simply put, a reunion setlist was NEVER going to please everyone, and yes, I agree this a great tour to see, and the best step forward for Maiden, but its just not going to be the tour that pleases everyone.

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I disagree with this whole-heartedly, part of the greatness of seeing your first concert (for the kids) and seeing your favorite band as a kid (the dads) would be not knowing the setlist, and I can agree with both parties as to why this particular setlist would annoy them. Simply put, a reunion setlist was NEVER going to please everyone, and yes, I agree this a great tour to see, and the best step forward for Maiden, but its just not going to be the tour that pleases everyone.

If someone is too ignorant/principled to look up the set before hand, or at least assume the band wasn't going to just replay everything from the SBIT tour, then they have no right to complain when the band doesn't play the songs they expected.

TonyD
07-16-2010, 09:33 PM
If someone is too ignorant/principled to look up the set before hand, or at least assume the band wasn't going to just replay everything from the SBIT tour, then they have no right to complain when the band doesn't play the songs they expected.

This might be reiterating what was posted last, but some people like not knowing what is going to be played.

gilpdawg
07-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Well everybody in the pit enjoyed the setlist! Bruce was in a good mood for a change as well.

DethMaiden
07-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Ten new songs including four lead singles. Six old songs. That is not an unusual setlist for ANY band. Fuck you if you don't like it, it's not like it's sixteen new deep album cuts.

SomewhereInTime72
07-17-2010, 06:16 AM
This might be reiterating what was posted last, but some people like not knowing what is going to be played.

Well... obviously not this guy, since he was complaining the whole time. :tongue:

the chewbacca defense
07-17-2010, 07:25 AM
My only compliant about the show is the dude in front of me who kept complaining that they wasn't playing any songs that he knew. casual fan! Or one of those old farts that are in the 'oh they haven't made anything worth listening to in 20 years assholes

davidis138
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I hate casual fan banter at shows