PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mustaine signings

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2010, 05:06 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143001

Hellyeah! Finally get to meet one of my heavy metal idols. I have three realistic dates too. I have work during all of them, and due to time conflicts it looks like the first date is my best shot. Really excited for this :D

DethMaiden
07-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Lyndhurst is over by Cleveland...unless I could make a day out of this and do fun stuff up there as well, I'm skipping.

bt11763
07-15-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143001

Hellyeah! Finally get to meet one of my heavy metal idols. I have three realistic dates too. I have work during all of them, and due to time conflicts it looks like the first date is my best shot. Really excited for this :D

nice, in huntigton?? i'll go to that:party:

Crionics
07-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Look's like Mank is about to be happy.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
My first reaction was "why did Dave Mustaine write a book?"
I'm sure it will be awful, I mean, I can defend Megadeth to a point but Dave Mustaine is one of the biggest douchebags in metal. Plus, from the bullet points describing the book I bet a lot of it is going to be him bitching about Metallica.
Plus he's a born again christian.

larvtard
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I bet he'll have a sign saying:

"5 dollars per signing"
"10 dollars for each minute of conversation"

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I bet he'll have a sign saying:

"5 dollars per signing"
"10 dollars for each minute of conversation"

I've never understood why anyone would pay money to get an autograph.

evildeadjedi
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Lyndhurst is over by Cleveland...unless I could make a day out of this and do fun stuff up there as well, I'm skipping.

Yep, looks like it's just off of interstate 271 a burb east of downtown. I know why he will be there it's the same day as American Carnage at Tower City Amp. Dax Riggs is performing at The Grog Shop too :lol: :eyes:

larvtard
07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I've never understood why anyone would pay money to get an autograph.

Well he's got his head so far up his ass that he probably expects people to pay :tp:

Dave Mustaine reminds me of Mr. Krabs

bt11763
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Dave Mustaine reminds me of Mr. Krabs

+1

also,

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/090/5/9/Dave_Mustaine_by_CDRepoman.gif

SomewhereInTime72
07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Honestly the specific things mentioned in the article do sound kinda interesting to read. And I would love to meet Dave... so I may just pick this up and do this (considering I have two opportunities to, mwahaha).

Also the pics in the article look like some kind of reaction image.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustaine3d.jpg
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustainememoircover.jpg

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd like to go.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I'd like to go, but knowing that he's an asshole most of the time kind of makes me not want to, sort of. Maybe he'll be nice because we bought his damn book :lol:

davidis138
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Honestly the specific things mentioned in the article do sound kinda interesting to read. And I would love to meet Dave... so I may just pick this up and do this (considering I have two opportunities to, mwahaha).

Also the pics in the article look like some kind of reaction image.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustaine3d.jpg
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustainememoircover.jpg

I'm so gonna get this but there wasn't a better title than "Mustaine"?

xStructualDefect
07-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Plus he's a born again christian.

so that's a bad thing? :confused:

TonyD
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I would go if it was coming around here, I would actually like to read the book. But I'd rather have a copy of Peace Sells signed ;)

mankvill
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I might go. It's not like you're paying just to get his autograph, you get the book too.

I paid (for a book) to get Bruce Campbell's autograph and that was awesome. I might do this.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 06:00 PM
so that's a bad thing? :confused:

Yes.
And he went to the extent of getting Rotting Christ booted from playing shows with them, that's fucked up.

xStructualDefect
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes.
And he went to the extent of getting Rotting Christ booted from playing shows with them, that's fucked up.

so all born again christians are bad and should be athiests like you huh? :D

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
so all born again christians are bad and should be athiests like you huh? :D

That's a rather large stretch.

mankvill
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
some christians are assholes
some jews are assholes
some muslims are assholes
some atheists are assholes
all scientologists are assholes
etc.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
some christians are assholes
some jews are assholes
some muslims are assholes
some atheists are assholes
etc.

You calling Beck an asshole?:mad:

Dave Mustaine is an asshole, his religion made him more of an asshole, therefore it is a bad thing that he is a born again christian.
I am however extremely biased against Jews, Christians and Muslims.

xStructualDefect
07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
maybe being christian made him a better person? i've come across many people that have become much better people after becoming christians. they got off the drugs, straightened up their life, have direction, etc. so just saying it could also be a very good thing. maybe not for everyone though.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 06:16 PM
maybe being christian made him a better person? i've come across many people that have become much better people after becoming christians. they got off the drugs, straightened up their life, have direction, etc. so just saying it could also be a very good thing. maybe not for everyone though.

He got in more feuds and had a band kicked off festivals/tours because his religion conflicted with their name. Plus he's still the jerk he always was, so, no, it did not make him a better person.

Dextrimental
07-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I will definitely head to this if they do one in Ireland, Ozzy did one. I couldn't go as I was too busy going to Prog Nation, but I will definitely hit this one if it comes around. Not looking forward to that book though, I will read it, but the amount of metalli-bashing and just sheer belittling of others will be shameful.

xStructualDefect
07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
He got in more feuds and had a band kicked off festivals/tours because his religion conflicted with their name. Plus he's still the jerk he always was, so, no, it did not make him a better person.

ah okay then. i'm not really a Megadeth fan so i wouldn't know. but still it's a good decision for those people, even for bands like Slayer.

mankvill
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey now, remember all the ubelievable shit that's happened between Dave and Metallica/Slayer/Anthrax the last couple of months? Maybe he turned over yet another new leaf?

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 06:58 PM
A friend of mine met Mustaine on the last leg of the RIP tour and said he was nice. I'm going to try to go.

idrinkwine732
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM

What band was that?

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 07:00 PM
What band was that?

Rotting Christ.

idrinkwine732
07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Rotting Christ.

...Oh yeah, I remember that!

larvtard
07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
I am however extremely biased against Jews, Christians and Muslims.

I understand the hate against Christians, and even Muslims if you're under the impression that they're all terrorists, but why Jews? Just wondering...

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I understand the hate against Christians, and even Muslims if you're under the impression that they're all terrorists, but why Jews? Just wondering...

On basis of what their religion dictates I would say Christianity is probably the best. Judaism and Islam are extremely fucked up, with Christianity also fucked up, but not as extreme. I've got no problem with people of Jewish descent, but I do have a bit of a problem with practicing Jews, in the same way I do with the other religions. Sure there are nice people in all of them, but the teachings themselves are bullshit and it all breeds a stupid herd mentality in people, and in most cases seems to push people away from intelligent thought.
I am 100% against Israel too, that enrages me more than a lot of things. And still clinging to the holocaust as a sympathy card or to excuse wrongdoing is complete bullshit. Plus, it, along with the victor-mentality of our current society has made it impossible to see any good in Nazi Germany, which pisses me off as well.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Every religion in extremism is disgusting. End. Moderate religion is tolerable, but unfortunately the term moderate is a very loose one and can be interpreted differently for many people, leading to ignorant actions/accusations. Jews have done bad things, Christians have done bad things, Muslims have done bad things, Protestants have done bad things, Atheists have done bad things, etc. Inarguable.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Every religion in extremism is disgusting. End. Moderate religion is tolerable, but unfortunately the term moderate is a very loose one and can be interpreted differently for many people, leading to ignorant actions/accusations. Jews have done bad things, Christians have done bad things, Muslims have done bad things, Protestants have done bad things, Atheists have done bad things, etc. Inarguable.

I think it was you who I argued with before about this, but atheism is not a belief, its a lack of belief, so it shouldn't be grouped in with those.
Not saying atheists haven't done bad things, but c'mon.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I think it was you who I argued with before about this, but atheism is not a belief, its a lack of belief, so it shouldn't be grouped in with those.
Not saying atheists haven't done bad things, but c'mon.

I'm not sure if it was me, but on the point, I'll give it to you, atheism is having a lack of belief in a God, so I can see it as not being grouped into the others.

But my main point was that any form of extremism is to be looked down upon. No extreme is good, and that goes with anything. It becomes ignorance to a point.

larvtard
07-15-2010, 07:40 PM
On basis of what their religion dictates I would say Christianity is probably the best. Judaism and Islam are extremely fucked up, with Christianity also fucked up, but not as extreme. I've got no problem with people of Jewish descent, but I do have a bit of a problem with practicing Jews, in the same way I do with the other religions. Sure there are nice people in all of them, but the teachings themselves are bullshit and it all breeds a stupid herd mentality in people, and in most cases seems to push people away from intelligent thought.
I am 100% against Israel too, that enrages me more than a lot of things. And still clinging to the holocaust as a sympathy card or to excuse wrongdoing is complete bullshit. Plus, it, along with the victor-mentality of our current society has made it impossible to see any good in Nazi Germany, which pisses me off as well.

Oh ok. I got what you're saying. You're just biased against all Theists because they're dumb enough to have "faith." I read what you were saying from another angle.
I agree with you on the Israel point and Holocaust point too. I'm "of Jewish descent" but I'm an Atheist so no worries there ;)

mankvill
07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
The only good Atheist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-J0ncjSR7A)

treghet
07-15-2010, 07:56 PM

:rocker:

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Fuck yes.:rocker:

The Green and Black
07-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Wizzbang is my hero. :lovedup:

:party:

And yes, this is coming from a Mustaine fangirl. To be honest, as interested as I should be in a Mustaine book, I fear his religion is going to shit all over his writing.

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Someone at least read the book before we take pot shots at it lol.

es156
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Someone at least read the book before we take pot shots at it lol.

That would be the logical thing to do. With all of the crap being thrown around in this thread, do you think they are going to take the logical path?

bt11763
07-15-2010, 08:55 PM
double post lolz

bt11763
07-15-2010, 08:56 PM

trufax.

The Green and Black
07-16-2010, 12:34 PM
That would be the logical thing to do. With all of the crap being thrown around in this thread, do you think they are going to take the logical path?

I plan on purchasing and reading the book, I just don't expect it to be very good so I am preparing myself for disappointment. :tongue: