PDA

View Full Version : RIP George Steinbrenner

InPatient5100
07-13-2010, 09:07 AM
You will be missed.

Maiden33
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
All I can think of is Seinfeld. Probably because I actually hate baseball. :lol:

evildeadjedi
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
RIP George "The Boss" Steinbrenner

Even though I hate the Yankees and hated the fact they bought many old Red Sox greats like Wade Boggs. I would have loved to have George Steinbrenner as owner of the Red Sox because he would do anything to win. He would publicly call out players and managers (hell he fired skipper Billy Martin five times). If the Yankees were worth a gazillion dollars he would spend half of that to make the team better. Sure he was not perfect but he was always loyal to the Yankees organization and would speak his mind all the time. He was a very hands on manager and it got him banned from the league twice.

I feel like I did when Bo Schembechler died back in '06 just before OSU vs Michigan. A huge figure for a team I absolutely hate passes away. I respect both of them for their love and determination to make their respective teams successful. Another side note is they both were born and raised in Ohio so that helps as well. :lol:

Both Bo Schembechler and George Steinbrenner saved two of the greatest sports rivalries from falling into total mediocrity. Thank you both RIP

b_halperin
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
All I can think of is Seinfeld. Probably because I actually hate baseball. :lol:

same here! I love episodes with his character

Anyways, I used to be into baseball when I was younger, never was much a yankees fan but regardless, RIP George, you will be missed!