PDA

View Full Version : American Carnage 2nd Leg Info!!! Megadeth Slayer Anthrax dates!!!

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
On leg two of "American Carnage", MEGADETH will continue to roar through its landmark 1990 album "Rust in Peace" from front to back, while SLAYER will rip the roof off by performing its much-lauded "Seasons in the Abyss" album, which was also released in 1990. ANTHRAX recently welcomed back singer Joey Belladonna, who defined the band during its heyday, and now permanently back in the band, will be front-and-center.

Confirmed dates for leg two of the "American Carnage" tour are as follows:

Sep. 24 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Dallas, TX*
Sep. 25 - AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX*
Sep. 26 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX*
Sep. 28 - Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA*
Sep. 30 - Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Oct. 01 - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, GA*
Oct. 02 - Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
Oct. 03 - Bayfront Park Amphitheatre, Miami, FL*
Oct. 05 - Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA
Oct. 06 - Eagles Auditorium, Baltimore, MD*
Oct. 08 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island, NY*
Oct. 09 - Toyota Pavilion @ Montage Mountain, Scranton, PA*
Oct. 10 - LC Pavilion, Columbus, OH**
Oct. 12 - Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY
Oct. 14 - War Memorial Coliseum, Ft.Wayne, IN*
Oct. 15 - DeltaPlex, Grand Rapids, MI*
Oct. 16 - Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI**
Oct. 19 - E Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Oct. 20 - The Pearl, Las Vegas, NV
Oct. 21 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Hollywood, CA*

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142846&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

MPF
07-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow, Leg 1 is SOOOOOOOOO much better then Leg 2.

I don't care how much shit I get, Testament>>>>>>>>>>Anthrax all day every day!

mankvill
07-12-2010, 12:23 AM
:party:

davidis138
07-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Holy fucking shit!! :drool:

Jochen
07-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Great news for me, I found out yesterday I wouldn't be able to make it the Chicago show, now I can see this in Milwaukee and still get RIP/SITA.

DethMaiden
07-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Three dates that I could reasonably attend, Columbus, Louisville, and Fort Wayne. Definitely going to be attending one.

larvtard
07-12-2010, 07:11 AM
This is great. I need to listen to Anthrax now.

I'm just hoping Slayer doesn't pull out a half-assed set like this:

World Painted Blood
Disciple
Hate Worldwide
Seasons (album)
Mandatory Suicide
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

DethMaiden
07-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Looks like I'm going to Fort Wayne. :horns:

Natrlhi
07-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Anthrax is slightly more tempting to me than Testament (with whom I simply have very little history, basically). However, the Columbus date is on a Sunday night and it's three hours away, versus the August 18 show, which is on a Wednesday night right here in Cleveland.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I can justify going to either one of these. In either case, I would still be going primarily just for Slayer, whom I've seen three times back in the day (i.e., late 1980's), so...yeah.

August is packed with shows that I want to see, but October has nothing (yet) - but that three-hour drive to Cbus... If only they had Sodom or Destruction on this instead of Megadeth...:eyes:

evildeadjedi
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I still get Rust in Piece + Seasons in the Abyss! :rocker: and don't have to drive 2+ hours and probably sweat my ass off at Tower City Amp. Another cool thing is this is the same lineup as Clash of the Titans '91 (sans Alice and Chains as the opener).

I think I might attend the Cbus show since I love the LC.

Natrlhi
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I still get Rust in Piece + Seasons in the Abyss! :rocker:

I think I might attend the Cbus show since I love the LC.

A few more posts like this and I just might change my mind. A metalsetlists meet-up for a Slayer show would be tits. ( . )( . )

Crionics
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
On leg two of "American Carnage", MEGADETH will continue to roar through its landmark 1990 album "Rust in Peace" from front to back, while SLAYER will rip the roof off by performing its much-lauded "Seasons in the Abyss" album, which was also released in 1990. ANTHRAX recently welcomed back singer Joey Belladonna, who defined the band during its heyday, and now permanently back in the band, will be front-and-center.

Confirmed dates for leg two of the "American Carnage" tour are as follows:

Oct. 06 - Eagles Auditorium, Baltimore, MD*

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142846&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. OMG FUCK!!

Sorry guys I had to...

EDIT: *does a backflip*

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Testament>>>>>>>>>>Anthrax all day every day!

1000% agreed.

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 10:57 AM
August is packed with shows that I want to see, but October has nothing (yet) - but that three-hour drive to Cbus... If only they had Sodom or Destruction on this instead of Megadeth...:eyes:

Completely the reverse here. I literally don't have a single show to go to in August. Every year I manage maybe one, tops. I already have at least five in October.

DethMaiden
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
The presence of Anthrax pushes this over the top as a must-see show for me. Their Belladonna era is up there with the first four Metallica albums for me.

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
The presence of Anthrax pushes this over the top as a must-see show for me. Their Belladonna era is up there with the first four Metallica albums for me.

I hope by "up there" you just mean "on a high shelf" ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 11:05 AM
My 17th time to see Slayer will be on Sept 24th. Looking forward to anthrax as well. Haven't seen them since '87.

DethMaiden
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope by "up there" you just mean "on a high shelf" ;)

Up there in the echelon of unfuckwithable classic runs of albums. :tongue:

Crionics
07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
My 17th time to see Slayer will be on Sept 24th. Looking forward to anthrax as well. Haven't seen them since '87.

Damn I'm jealous :drool:.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 11:10 AM

The first time was when they were touring for Reign In Blood. :rocker:

Crionics
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM

Nice, what's the best hidden gem you have seen them play?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Nice, what's the best hidden gem you have seen them play?

A few I can think of:

Necrophiliac
Spill the Blood
Ghosts of War
Gemini

Crionics
07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
A few I can think of:

Necrophiliac
Spill the Blood
Ghosts of War
Gemini

Oh boy that's really nice man. This will hopefully be my first time seeing Slayer and Anthrax, second seeing Megadeth :rocker:.

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM

Don't be, he's old ;)

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Up there in the echelon of unfuckwithable classic runs of albums. :tongue:

Then Testament still wins :D

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
As much as I would love to go, considering it's about 20 minutes from where I live and on a Friday, I don't know if it's really worth it since I'm seeing the first leg next month. I would love to see Anthrax, but since Slayer and Megadeth are probably gonna be playing the same sets, I don't think I'll go.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't be, he's old ;)

As I said in another thread, if getting to see all the great metal bands in the prime of their careers ( like Iron Maiden on the Somewhere in Time tour) makes me old, then I'm fine with being "old". ;)

idrinkwine732
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM

That old and you managed to work twitter at an Iron Maiden show? You should get a medal.

But fuck, SF practically invents the genre then get shafted for Megadeth/Testament/Exodus and now is shafted again.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
That old and you managed to work twitter at an Iron Maiden show? You should get a medal.

Lol. I'm only 38.

Hell, my dad is 69 and he has an iPad and an iphone.

TonyD
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
But fuck, SF practically invents the genre then get shafted for Megadeth/Testament/Exodus and now is shafted again.

I'm not too bummed, it's only a month after and I'd rather see Testament than Anthrax.

idrinkwine732
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Lol. I'm only 38.

Hell, my dad is 69 and he has an iPad and an iphone.

So you were young back then! 38 is of the age to be able to use twitter though, so you're safe.

I'm not too bummed, it's only a month after and I'd rather see Testament than Anthrax.

Me too, but I want to see Anthrax so I can see all Big 4. More of a bragging right than anything else. I like Thrax though.

larvtard
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
A few I can think of:

Necrophiliac
Spill the Blood
Ghosts of War
Gemini

that's awesome! :rocker:

have you ever gotten Read Between The Lies or Crypts of Eternity?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
that's awesome! :rocker:

have you ever gotten Read Between The Lies or Crypts of Eternity?

Don't believe I've ever seen crypts. They may have played Read Between the lies on the South of Heaven tour. It all runs together after a while. I didn't pay that much attention to the set lists like we do now.

JLRedWing13
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
The date in Grand Rapids is on a Friday. I may go.

jhdeity
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah they played Read Between the Lies on the South of Heaven Tour. Never seen Crypts. Would have liked to see Gemini but they skipped us that tour

rjturtle9
07-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Great to see these bands play together. Much rather see than a Big Four tour. the Gibson Amphitheater is a very bad venue choice for this show though. It's mostly seats.

davidis138
07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Great to see these bands play together. Much rather see than a Big Four tour. the Gibson Amphitheater is a very bad venue choice for this show though. It's mostly seats.

dude it's like ALL seats and the pit is just whatever. The gibson isn't GA enough.

rjturtle9
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
dude it's like ALL seats and the pit is just whatever. The gibson isn't GA enough.

I was planning on getting cheaper seats anyways, I just think it's sucks because it's pretty much the biggest thrash show ever. It needs a big pit.

bt11763
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
As much as I would love to go, considering it's about 20 minutes from where I live and on a Friday, I don't know if it's really worth it since I'm seeing the first leg next month. I would love to see Anthrax, but since Slayer and Megadeth are probably gonna be playing the same sets, I don't think I'll go.

yeah the fact that the sets are the same disappoints me a bit too, but it is relatively cheap for floor tickets, so i'm thinking about going anyway. i love shows at the coliseum.

christopher
07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Bought my tickets this morning. Got two tickets in ORC 4, row GG, I'm really happy with that. Hate the Gibson but nothing I can do about that.

larvtard
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah they played Read Between the Lies on the South of Heaven Tour. Never seen Crypts. Would have liked to see Gemini but they skipped us that tour
Don't believe I've ever seen crypts. They may have played Read Between the lies on the South of Heaven tour. It all runs together after a while. I didn't pay that much attention to the set lists like we do now.

That's sweet. I actually think I saw a video of that song at the Felt Forum show in nyc. I would've loved to see that live, guess I was born at the wrong time.
And yeah, the last time they played Crypts was in '85, so unless they randomly decide to resurrect it, I don't have much hope for seeing it live.
I just hope I see Hell Awaits and Chemical Warfare once. What are their best live songs in your opinions?

ShatteredFlame
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
NY date is on the same day as fucking Swans

Why would I go to this :D

jhdeity
07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure if all the presale codes are the same but ours was ABYSS

Our presale was $10 cheaper also...

girnny777
07-14-2010, 02:06 AM
ABYSS works for the Long Island date too.

larvtard
07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Not sure if all the presale codes are the same but ours was ABYSS

Our presale was $10 cheaper also...

are the tickets already marked down 10 dollars? or is the 10 dollar discount separate? mine are 49.50 (plus convenience charges)

jhdeity
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
are the tickets already marked down 10 dollars? or is the 10 dollar discount separate? mine are 49.50 (plus convenience charges)

Mine were $49 with everything for GA Floor. Did you use the Presale code link and put ABYSS under Slayer presale?

jhdeity
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Oct. 06 - 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD*

* $10 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale (excluding the special $10 tickets)
** $5 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale

If you're doing the Oct 1 show it should be $10 off. That is the list of discounts per show

larvtard
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Mine were $49 with everything for GA Floor. Did you use the Presale code link and put ABYSS under Slayer presale?

I just went to ticketmaster, went to my date, and typed in Abyss (not all caps...does it matter?) next to the # of tickets. I don't know about the link.

larvtard
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Oct. 06 - 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD*

* $10 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale (excluding the special $10 tickets)
** $5 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale

If you're doing the Oct 1 show it should be $10 off. That is the list of discounts per show

All right. Thanks :horns:

Crionics
07-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Quick kinda dumb Q, but GA4 would be the same as GA1, 2 etc, right?

girnny777
07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Fuck... I was able to get floor tickets for Uniondale this morning using the ABYSS code and now I can't. They don't put them all up for sale during the presale, do they?

Crionics
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Fuck yeah just talked to my Ma on the phone, shes going to break the 2 concert rule for this! Now I gotta wait for her to get home!

elturtleboy
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
this is great,i was so hoping to see Anthrax but i guess ill settle for Testament. UGh hopefully ill have cash for Anthrax later.

davidis138
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I was planning on getting cheaper seats anyways, I just think it's sucks because it's pretty much the biggest thrash show ever. It needs a big pit.

Couldn't agree more :horns:

bt11763
07-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Fuck... I was able to get floor tickets for Uniondale this morning using the ABYSS code and now I can't. They don't put them all up for sale during the presale, do they?

fuck, i was waiting too.... they usually don't so we'll just have to spring when they go on regular sale... :snivel:

girnny777
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
fuck, i was waiting too.... they usually don't so we'll just have to spring when they go on regular sale... :snivel:

There's actually a second presale starting next Wednesday, so hopefully I can find a password for that before it's too late...:boohoo:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-14-2010, 06:40 PM
I used "Abyss" about an hour ago and got a $10 ticket to the Dallas show.

bt11763
07-14-2010, 06:56 PM
There's actually a second presale starting next Wednesday, so hopefully I can find a password for that before it's too late...:boohoo:

i actually find presale password fairly easy, yo just gotta google like "slayer presale password" or whatever lol. that's what i did both times for american carnage actually, but i was dumb and didn't get floor seats for next month because i didn't realize that not all of them are sold up front :bouville:

DethMaiden
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
ABYSS works for Fort Wayne. No discount for GA though, so whatever, I'll just buy during regular sale next time I get paid. There were $8 tickets available with the presale though, they were just...fucking far from the stage. :lol:

girnny777
07-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I'll be trying again come next Wednesday with the "Coliseum Connection" presale. Unfortunately I will be at work when they go on sale to the general public next Friday, but hopefully my brother will be able to get them if it comes to that.

bt11763
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I'll be trying again come next Wednesday with the "Coliseum Connection" presale. Unfortunately I will be at work when they go on sale to the general public next Friday, but hopefully my brother will be able to get them if it comes to that.

what is coliseum connection, is that their email list? :confused:

girnny777
07-15-2010, 12:38 PM
what is coliseum connection, is that their email list? :confused:

Yeah, you sign up on their website. Even if it ends up that I can't get floor tickets I'll still be happy in the 100 or 200 level. Also they finally uploaded the seating chart for this show. It's going to be half the arena, so none of the seats will be THAT bad.

bt11763
07-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, you sign up on their website. Even if it ends up that I can't get floor tickets I'll still be happy in the 100 or 200 level. Also they finally uploaded the seating chart for this show. It's going to be half the arena, so none of the seats will be THAT bad.

yeah i realized that i'm on that so i should be good. and i know that's so weird :confused: idk why they have it like, besides the seats liek you said. but i'm surprised because i'm sure they're gonna get a lot of tickets sold there.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Ehh, I thought about it, but I won't go. GA is 60 bucks pre-sale, 70 bucks regular, I know I won't enjoy the show much with seats, I'm going to the show at the Meadowlands next month, and Slayer and Megadeth are going to be playing pretty much the same sets.

As much as I would love to see Anthrax, especially with Joey back in, I don't think I can justify paying that amount of money really just to see them play a 45 minute set at most. The thing that's gonna kill me though is the fact that it's so close to where I live and it's on a Friday night. Oh well...

girnny777
07-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Alright, get this shit. I got up this morning ready to get these tickets with my Coliseum Connection password, right? 10 AM sharp I checked it out and the best I could get was section 321. Because I wasn't going to be able to get them on friday for the public onsale, I snatched them. Oh well, at least I'm still going right?

So 5 minutes later I checked again on a whim and... section 106. Holy Fuck. So I ordered those too. Now I have 3 tickets to sell in section 321, and 3 awesome tickets in section 106.

But then a though crossed my mind: Ticketmaster set the limit for seats for the presale at 4 and I technically got 6. Calling them now about it...

EDIT: Fuck fuck fuck...they said since I ordered over the limit they can't touch either order and one or BOTH might be cancelled.

Fuck god damn ticketmaster bastards

bt11763
07-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Alright, get this shit. I got up this morning ready to get these tickets with my Coliseum Connection password, right? 10 AM sharp I checked it out and the best I could get was section 321. Because I wasn't going to be able to get them on friday for the public onsale, I snatched them. Oh well, at least I'm still going right?

So 5 minutes later I checked again on a whim and... section 106. Holy Fuck. So I ordered those too. Now I have 3 tickets to sell in section 321, and 3 awesome tickets in section 106.

But then a though crossed my mind: Ticketmaster set the limit for seats for the presale at 4 and I technically got 6. Calling them now about it...

EDIT: Fuck fuck fuck...they said since I ordered over the limit they can't touch either order and one or BOTH might be cancelled.

Fuck god damn ticketmaster bastards

that's fucked up. shit, now i don't know what to do, because i won't go unless i can get pit tickets.

Wrathchild_84
07-21-2010, 12:47 PM
It's a maybe. I've almost given up on Megadeth. Don't get me started on Slayer or Anthrax.

girnny777
07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Ticketmaster says my tickets were printed and shipped, so I guess my anger was misplaced.

Does anyone know if they can cancel an order after the tickets were printed?

bt11763
07-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Ticketmaster says my tickets were printed and shipped, so I guess my anger was misplaced.

Does anyone know if they can cancel an order after the tickets were printed?

i think so... :confused:

FUCK I FORGOT THEY WENT ON SALE TODAY :mad:

girnny777
07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
i think so... :confused:

FUCK I FORGOT THEY WENT ON SALE TODAY :mad:

FYI you can still get floor tickets no problem.

bt11763
07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
FYI you can still get floor tickets no problem.

WHAT?? i tried to the other day but i couldn't get anything bettter than the 200's

EDIT: Well, fuck me and my bank account, you're right! :lol:

goddammit hahahaha, i so shouldn't be spending this money butttttttttttttt

girnny777
07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
WHAT?? i tried to the other day but i couldn't get anything bettter than the 200's

EDIT: Well, fuck me and my bank account, you're right! :lol:

goddammit hahahaha, i so shouldn't be spending this money butttttttttttttt

It's totally worth it man!

Anthrax!

bt11763
07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
It's totally worth it man!

Anthrax!

:boohoo: i knowwwww

i wish there was like a layaway program for tickets, so i could put if off for a week or so hahaha. for christ's sake, look at how many shows i plan on doing this week :lol:

girnny777
07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Haha damn dude, that's a shitload of shows.

Reminds me of being in high school, I would pull that shit all the time. It was bad in 2006: I did Tool, Gigantour, and Dismember all in a row.

bt11763
07-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Haha damn dude, that's a shitload of shows.

Reminds me of being in high school, I would pull that shit all the time. It was bad in 2006: I did Tool, Gigantour, and Dismember all in a row.

haha yeah it's kind of ridiculous, but worth it :horns: