13. Walk In The Shadows
14. The Right Side Of My Mind

Encore:

15. I Don't Believe In Love
16. Jet City Woman
17. Empire

jhdeity
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
That might win an award for the worst setlist I've ever seen on here.

Crionics
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Atleast there's 2 songs from Mindcrime I :eyes:

Dmitry Kulikov
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Here are some pics from Moscow gig

http://headbanger.ru/fmst/files/data/47405.JPG

All pics are here
http://headbanger.ru/reports/3169?show_images=1
Photo: Dmitry “Ward” Kulikov
(с) HeadBanger.ru

Derelict
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Here are some pics from Moscow gig

http://headbanger.ru/fmst/files/data/47405.JPG

All pics are here
http://headbanger.ru/reports/3169?show_images=1
Photo: Dmitry “Ward” Kulikov
(с) HeadBanger.ru

this looks like a joke picture Manks would post in reply to a stupid comment

Travis The Dragon
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
That's the Caberet show setlist. :barf:

Sanitarium78
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't say this too often about bands I like, but Queensryche is so far passed their prime and have had zero heart in anything they've done for the past 10 years and it's time for them to retire.

That set is AWFUL!!!!

JLRedWing13
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
:barf:

Maidenmagic
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I didn't even go to the show and I demand a refund!
Eyes of a stranger
lady wore black
Warning
Walk in the shadows
I don't believe in love
Queen of the reich
Best I can
Take hold of the Flame
are nowhere to be found!
And people complain about the Maiden set....

Sanitarium78
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I didn't even go to the show and I demand a refund!
Eyes of a stranger
lady wore black
Warning
Walk in the shadows
I don't believe in love
Queen of the reich
Best I can
Take hold of the Flame
are nowhere to be found!
And people complain about the Maiden set....

Well, both Maiden and Queensryche have problems when it comes to sets. At least with Maiden this time around the deep cuts they're choosing are actually good songs. Queensryche seems to go out of their way to play bad songs.

Also, you've got WITS and IDBIL listed as not being played but they were in the set. EOAS should be in no matter how tired they may get of it. That song is the reason a lot of people became fans of theirs. But at least this time there was some stuff off of OMC unlike last summer when they didn't do anything from it.

I wouldn't expect to hear much off their EP or Warning at all. While Geoff can still sing very well, the notes he's gotta hit for those songs are gonna be very difficult for him now. The man is 51 years old there's no way he can do something like QOTR now and do it justice.

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Eyes of a stranger
Walk in the shadows
I don't believe in love
Best I can
Take hold of the Flame

I have no need for these to be in the setlist every time. They've played them a lot, so I'm all for changing things. This new setlist is quite a drastic change, but I like that. It needs more Tribe, but different setlist are awesome. Hits setlists blow.

I admit they could have struck a better balance, but fuck it. A band that age has every right to be proud of their output and want to play it. I hate when old bands with a ton of albums are too scared to play the less popular stuff. At their age they should have the balls to say "fuck the greatest hits whiners" and play what they want. Just be sensible and don't do it tour after tour because the attendance will decrease. People are fickle like that.

Travis The Dragon
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Thank God I saw them in 2000 opening for MAIDEN!!! and in 2005 doing a "hits" set which opened with The Whisper and was GREAT! followed by Mindcrime 1! :rocker: Which they sort of ruined with the "improvise" type changes, but to see OM1 was still sweet! :party: :rocker:

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 04:35 PM
"hits" set

Lame. Go listen to pop music.

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Incidentally, their website lists these European dates, and the ones in South America, as "The Best of Tour", so maybe the Cabaret shows will have a different setlist.

Travis The Dragon
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Lame. Go listen to pop music.

I'm actually hoping that's the direction they take. :wasntme::wtf::666::chair::soapbox::blah:

DethMaiden
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Hits setlists blow.

Always? I mean, are all bands good enough to do "unconventional" setlists? This setlist fucking sucks precisely because it's lacking trademark QR songs, because those are their good songs - or to be more accurate, their good albums.

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Always? I mean, are all bands good enough to do "unconventional" setlists? This setlist fucking sucks precisely because it's lacking trademark QR songs, because those are their good songs - or to be more accurate, their good albums.

Basically, yes. If a band even has a "hits" set then they have enough material and have been playing for long enough to change that shit up. I don't need to hear Empire, Best I Can, Silent Lucidity, Eyes of A Stranger etc. every time. I've seen those. Now I want to see something else.

This is set is unbalanced. They went a bit too far in changing it, although I still approve. But the same songs tour after tour is boring and for a band with their wealth of material, this is precisely the kind of thing they should be doing now.

Besides which, their best song is 'London', and they never play that.

JRA
07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Umm...I Don't Believe In Love is the first encore.:eyes: and I'm not even a fan!

dimmudan
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I have to agree this is easily the worst setlist I've seen a band with so many quality songs and albums choose. Even if they were sick of Mindcrime there is still so much great material they recorded and none of it is here.