-----------------
15.Rocks Off

JLRedWing13
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
*cries because he'll never hear any of these live* :bouville:

maidenpriest
07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
*cries because he'll never hear any of these live* :bouville:

not necessarily true, Let it Go, Another Hit and Run have made recent sets. Mirror, Mirror was just done a tour or two ago. but other then that yeah im with you :bawling:

i would love to hear On Through the Night or Lady Strange live...

JudasPriest89
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
not necessarily true, Let it Go, Another Hit and Run have made recent sets. Mirror, Mirror was just done a tour or two ago. but other then that yeah im with you :bawling:

i would love to hear On Through the Night or Lady Strange live...

You know, next year marks the 30 year anniversary of "High 'N' Dry" & just like Judas Priest were, they are unaware of this & hopefully someone will pull it up & the band will consider in doing the whole album from top to bottom.

maidenpriest
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
if they did all of high and dry i would make every effortpossible to be at that show.

Sanitarium78
07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
http://deflepparduk.com/1981ipswich.html
07.When The Walls Came Tumbling Down
10.Overture

I'm willing to give up a finger or two if it means I would get to hear them do these two live now:lol:

Unfortunately it won't ever happen. They just have too many big hits now that the people wanna hear and there isn't much room for stuff like this. I know Joe Elliot has even said before that's why stuff off the first album isn't played at all.

JudasPriest89
07-08-2010, 07:51 AM
if they did all of high and dry i would make every effortpossible to be at that show.

I'd do the impossible....

JudasPriest89
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm willing to give up a finger or two if it means I would get to hear them do these two live now:lol:

Unfortunately it won't ever happen. They just have too many big hits now that the people wanna hear and there isn't much room for stuff like this. I know Joe Elliot has even said before that's why stuff off the first album isn't played at all.

They shouldn't consider themselves a nostalgia act...

Metal375
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Haha, serves me right. I looked at the setlist first and went, "holy shizzle!" :eek:...but then I caught the date...:bliss: Oh well, back to my regular scheduled reality...:tongue:

maidenpriest
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM

sadly i would say that they are though, i mean outside of a handful songs after Hysteria (for me, like Desert Song, Ring of Fire,White Lightning etc) there isn't many good songs. So im not suprised that theyve gone nostalgia, even though i think they should bust out more rare stuff like songs from the set above or deeper songs from Pyromania like Die Hard the Hunter :rocker:

JLRedWing13
07-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I enjoy this band a lot live, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like them to unleash some deeper cuts.

Sanitarium78
07-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Yes, they should. This isn't a band the caliber of Rush or Maiden here were talking about who still write great new material and can put a bunch of new shit in the set and fans will still love it.

Euphoria was the last album that was any good. "X" was just fuckin awful and Nine Lives had some all right tunes but with the exception of "Go" there's really nothing I'd wanna hear off it again.

If they can write a new album that's on the same level as their first four albums then sure, they can do more new stuff and not be a nostalgia act. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen. They're more conserened with being famous and trying to write the next hit single instead of just writting a good album and not caring like they did with Slang.

JudasPriest89
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, they should. This isn't a band the caliber of Rush or Maiden here were talking about who still write great new material and can put a bunch of new shit in the set and fans will still love it.

Euphoria was the last album that was any good. "X" was just fuckin awful and Nine Lives had some all right tunes but with the exception of "Go" there's really nothing I'd wanna hear off it again.

If they can write a new album that's on the same level as their first four albums then sure, they can do more new stuff and not be a nostalgia act. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen. They're more conserened with being famous and trying to write the next hit single instead of just writting a good album and not caring like they did with Slang.

When I mean that I mean they should play more "Deep cuts", I mean take a look at Judas Priests setlist from Angel Of Retribution 2005 & Then look at Metal Masters. Angel Of Retributions setlist was ate up by a bunch of "Big Hitters" while Metal Masters setlist was ate up by a big chunk of "Deep Cuts"

JudasPriest89
07-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Euphoria was the last album that was any good. *"X" was just fuckin awful* and Nine Lives had some all right tunes but with the exception of "Go" there's really nothing I'd wanna hear off it again.

Disagree, I love all there albums :D

jerry1013
07-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Just a great setlist....I too am sobbing because I'll never see this live. :soapbox: