------------------
Into The Void - cut
Mama, I'm Coming Home
I Don't Want To Change The World
War Pigs
Paranoid

Pastulio_
07-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Hmm, by my count, that's 4 songs cut, and 4 solos/jams. When did Ozzy become Dream Theater?

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Ozzy was actually really good tonight. Voice was not in bad shape at all. It's just a shame that the songs he dropped from the set would have made a better set than what he played by themselves.

Gus did a decent 90-minute Zakk impression, so that's his job done too.

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Hmm, by my count, that's 4 songs cut, and 4 solos/jams. When did Ozzy become Dream Theater?

The last one was just a reprise for a few seconds before Iron Man, but yeah, right? I couldn't believe Killer of Giants was on the setlist, but this being an iTunes sponsored, televised thing, he clearly bowed to the pressure to play just the hits.

metallicbrian666
07-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm glad to see the same Sabbath songs from the more recent shows. Hopefully they are staying in the set for Ozzfest.

daimonos
07-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm extremely suprised to see that Killer of Giants is even remotely close to being thought about playing. But if you ask me that's fucking awesome. I've always loved that song.

davidis138
07-03-2010, 05:00 PM
wow this is a kinda cool set if it flows how I'm imagining it. But i doubt that.

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 05:34 PM
wow this is a kinda cool set if it flows how I'm imagining it. But i doubt that.

It's a potentially good set with all the interesting songs cut, leaving behind a standard set of all the same old songs.

davidis138
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM
It's a potentially good set with all the interesting songs cut, leaving behind a standard set of all the same old songs.

Exactly. Ozzy seems to be trying to appeal to the harder fan base. This might be a decent ozzfest methinks.

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Exactly. Ozzy seems to be trying to appeal to the harder fan base. This might be a decent ozzfest methinks.

If he only does 90 minutes at Ozzfest, I would honestly expect the same as above.

If he does two hours, you might get the rare tracks as well, but they'll be the first to go if he plays anything less than two hours.

JRA
07-03-2010, 06:04 PM
HE WAS GOING TO PLAY KILLER OF GIANTS?!?!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
HE WAS GOING TO PLAY KILLER OF GIANTS?!?!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In theory, yeah. I was buzzing when I saw it on the list, but wasn't surprised when it was cut.

davidis138
07-03-2010, 07:05 PM
If he only does 90 minutes at Ozzfest, I would honestly expect the same as above.

If he does two hours, you might get the rare tracks as well, but they'll be the first to go if he plays anything less than two hours.

I doubt he'll play the rare tracks, at least all of em. But maybe they'll shuffle one around everynight. That might be high hopes as far as I'm going on opening night.

makethemsuffer12
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Pretty nice set. I assume that the Ozzfest set is going to be similar to that, so it should be pretty good.

JLRedWing13
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
I like.

mankvill
07-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Needs to bring back Children of the Grave. would be devestatingly awesome.

MetalDoug
07-04-2010, 12:15 AM
If you ask me i'd rather hear the songs dropped than a couple of the songs actually played. If i see this is gonna be the same set as the Ozzfest at the O2 i'm not going. If i see he starts to play regurlarly Killer Of Giants, No More Tears and Fearless i'll go, simple as that.

Come on Ozzy! we all wanna hear Killer Of Giants!! as for No More Tears being difficult for you to sing now, well, get ready during the solos, have one of those hot Tea singers drink to help the voice and sing it right after the solos are done.

It would also be fantastic to hear others great songs which haven't been played for ages such as Miracle Man and Perry Mason :rocker:

ozzman
07-04-2010, 02:42 AM
i can't believe that he cut the best songs of the set!!! WHY????
i hope he will play them later!
perry mason, i just want you, desire and miracle man would be also great! or if he could do some never played live songs that would be unbelievable!
COME ON OZZY! MAKE CHANGES!!! AND KICK ASS WITH THEM!

ravenheart
07-04-2010, 04:07 AM
i can't believe that he cut the best songs of the set!!! WHY????

Because it was a televised, free concert and half the audience clearly weren't Ozzy fans, so he went for the hits.

No one knew the words to songs like Bark At The Moon, Fairies Wear Boots etc. But they all knew Paranoid and Crazy Train. It was pretty sad.

But that's what happens with free shows. Random trendies with a passing interest apply for tickets.

ozzman
07-04-2010, 11:22 PM
it's very sad.... :(
but then we have the chance that he'll sing these songs on later shows!
how can i watch the broadcasted record???

ravenheart
07-05-2010, 03:00 AM
it's very sad.... :(
but then we have the chance that he'll sing these songs on later shows!
how can i watch the broadcasted record???

Not sure yet. I don't think it was going out live on television. It might have been live via some shitty iPhone app or something though. I saw reference to that at the event.

ITV2 in the UK are broadcasting highlights from all of the iTunes Festival gigs (there's a different show every night for the whole of July), every week on Thursday and Friday. Maybe Ozzy will be screened this week...

bassmasta257
07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
why would he cut those songs???????????? they are by far some of the best on the whole god damn setlist!!!!! Fearless is one of the few songs i like on the new album, killer of giants is epic as all hell and he probably hasnt played it in forever (or anything off the ultimate sin anyways, tho it is nice to see shot in the dark!!!!!) and into the void is an amazing sabbath song!!! oh well this set isnt terribly bad tho imo

ravenheart
07-06-2010, 09:30 AM
why would he cut those songs????????????

Because it was a free gig full of non-diehards, being recorded for TV and a probable iTunes exclusive (fuckers) live album. We've covered this ;)

jhdeity
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Because it was a free gig full of non-diehards, being recorded for TV and a probable iTunes exclusive (fuckers) live album. We've covered this ;)

Yeah but cutting Into The Void for Mama and Change the World is pure, unadulterated BLASPHEMY!

I never want to hear either of those songs again as long as I live and I would KILL to hear them shred Into The Void 1 last time