PDA

View Full Version : Spang-A-Lang: Remember them Hot Turkey Ed

IamTheMickster
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Ok....Hearing Tony Lindsay front Carlos Santana the past decade or so kind of got me thinking in the past on many occasions: Gosh that voice sounds familiar. So I did some online research and found out that he also leads Spang-A-Lang.

This is a band on many occasions that would play at Lord John's Inn in Santa Clara, off the El Camino Real. During my college days, Hot Turkey Ed and I as well as hordes of other students would jam this nightclub to listen to Spang-A-Lang and hoist a few. Man I wish I'd shown a little more respect back in the early 90s. Spang-A-Lang was an already iconic band in the South Bay at the time, but I didn't realize it!

Div
07-02-2010, 08:56 PM
what the fuck is a "hot turkey ed"?

TonyD
07-02-2010, 11:51 PM

This is a joke... I hope.

Anyhoot I don't get the point of this thread... you should have known who Tony Lindsay was in the first place :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
07-04-2010, 10:02 PM

The dude who owns and runs this message board you've been posting on for four years.....

TonyD
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I've only seen him post once or twice since the SBIT show. And he wasn't regularly posting before that for a while either. I'm half expecting the board to crash after we reach too many "new jpg of artwork from the new Maiden album" and repeat threads.

treghet
07-04-2010, 10:48 PM
From Hot Turkey Ed's profile:

Last Activity: 06-22-2010 01:31 PM

So, he does live.

Dextrimental
07-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Iv figured he does log on and keep an eye on things, I would think he has more important things to do that take part in the mostly menial debates that go on about which song Maiden should open with, or whose less metal suicide silence or lady gaga.

JRA
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
It's kinda frightening that the only guy maintaining order is Eric. Not that he's bad or anything, but man, we went from like 5 mods and 10 posters to 1 mod and 1000 posters.

mankvill
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
It's kinda frightening that the only guy maintaining order is Eric. Not that he's bad or anything, but man, we went from like 5 mods and 10 posters to 1 mod and 1000 posters.

Me and him will see a show together at some point I'm sure, and I'll make my pitch to become a mod then. ;)

JRA
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Me and him will see a show together at some point I'm sure, and I'll make my pitch to become a mod then. ;)

Hecho's Law. (and I do believe I'm the only person who remembers what that is):eyes:

Dextrimental
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Hecho's Law. (and I do believe I'm the only person who remembers what that is):eyes:

I wasnt here for that, what happened? And yes, I have been waiting two years for an opportunity to ask about hecho!

mankvill
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM

:lol: I know I know.

JRA
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I wasnt here for that, what happened? And yes, I have been waiting two years for an opportunity to ask about hecho!

Well the law itself is "don't ask us to be a mod, we'll ask you."

IamTheMickster
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Hot Turkey Ed -

1) One of the most creative, intelligent people dedicated to metal.
2) Great to party with.
3) Would not mind spending a day at Ozzfest with the dude. Or at a craps table.
4) Friend for twenty years now.