9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free
(I thought Breeg came later in the set, but I'm deferring to previous set lists on this one, as I'm going from memory)

Dance of Death and No More Lies are my two favourites from DOD, so I was thrilled. When they rolled out the Brave New World banner after No More Lies, I was hoping for Dream of Mirrors...too much to hope for though.

The crowd was into this set more than I expected. Being so heavy into the last 4 albums, I thought it would receive a cooler reception, but I'm happy my city is filled with enough hard core Maiden fans. Also on a positive note, a buddy was there to see them for his 7th time but the first time since 1991, when they last played Winnipeg (No Prayer for a Tour).

SilentSoldier144
06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
According to setlist.fm Dance of Death is here to stay. I'm rather upset that I'm not getting one of the handful of songs from DoD that I actually like :(

The Ghost at Number One
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
According to setlist.fm Dance of Death is here to stay. I'm rather upset that I'm not getting one of the handful of songs from DoD that I actually like :(I think we (those of us in North America, that is) should all be glad we're getting ANY Dance of Death material. I'm pretty sure we won't get it again. If we do, I can't imagine it'll be more than one song, and I fear that song will be Wildest Dreams. If we're really lucky, it'll be Dance of Death.

eyekantspele
07-01-2010, 02:45 AM
I was there. Great show. I thought the time i saw them in 2008 was better though. The 2008 show had a better setlist. Also, there was no pyro this time. It was kind of a let down but they still rocked the shit out of the place so Im happy.

Northern_Shaman
07-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Sounds like the Canadian crowds don't mind the new stuff as much as some of the American ones did. I haven't heard any complaints abou the songs they did play.. I know Vancouver was very lively! Obviously a bit of unfamiliarity with a lot of people, but that's expected. I hope that they bring back the pyro and stuff for the fall (?) tour!

Side note: I was watching Flight 666 today and I'm pretty sure I spotted Andrew(_metalhead) in the crowd at the LA show! :tongue:

PlaysWithKnives
07-01-2010, 07:07 AM
I think we (those of us in North America, that is) should all be glad we're getting ANY Dance of Death material. I'm pretty sure we won't get it again. If we do, I can't imagine it'll be more than one song, and I fear that song will be Wildest Dreams. If we're really lucky, it'll be Dance of Death.

You sound like its a bad thing. DOD the album is overrated. Besides DOD they aren't even doing my favs from that album. They drop Paschendale completely now. Montsegur and Rainmaker aren't there. Id rather they do the Legacy, Dream of Mirrors, the Nomad or The Longest Day if they want to do good tunes from the 2000's, rather than some of the others from DOD they are doing. I understand them wanting to do more recent matierial. Evereyone knows the old stuff. Here's some new stuff you may not have heard. Great. I just think they can pick and choose a little better.

SomewhereInTime72
07-01-2010, 08:09 AM
DOD the album is overrated.

...By who?

DethMaiden
07-01-2010, 08:09 AM
...By who?

Haha, thank you. That's what I was thinking. I thought overrated things had to be popular in the first place.

The_jman
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
They're no longer rotating DOD and Pashendale?

SilentSoldier144
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
They're no longer rotating DOD and Pashendale?

Nope.

PlaysWithKnives
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
...By who?

By a few maiden fans I know and from posts I've read on other sites. They've always gushed over it. Not neccessarily anyone here. They feel just because its Iron Maiden they have to worship it. I think it has always been a good album. Just not what some other people I know think of it. That's all

Sanitarium78
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
They drop Paschendale completely now. Montsegur and Rainmaker aren't there. Id rather they do the Legacy, Dream of Mirrors, the Nomad or The Longest Day if they want to do good tunes from the 2000's, rather than some of the others from DOD they are doing. I understand them wanting to do more recent matierial. Evereyone knows the old stuff. Here's some new stuff you may not have heard. Great. I just think they can pick and choose a little better.

I agree that Rainmaker and Montsegur would make great additions, instead of downers like Ben Breeg and NML. It just seems the set could use some rockin up in the middle somehere and these would do the trick. If they wanna get old school fans into the new stuff, which I believe is one of their intentions with this, then shouldn't you do new songs that sound like they came from the old school? Rainmaker and Montsegur are perfect examples of this, with the exception of having a third guitarist now, neither would've sounded out of place on POM or PS if they were recorded then.

Different World would be cool as well. It's a straight ahead rocker with no boring ass slow intro/outro thing Maiden has fallen in love with over the last 15 years. Don't get me wrong on some songs it's done right but when you do it too much like they've done the songs just kind of run together when it's the same exact format on most of them. The last four songs on AMOLAD are a great example of that.

Whatever though, i've got pit tickets to see them in a couple weeks. That's gonna make this set much better to hear I think as opposed to being in the seats or on the lawn:D

rjturtle9
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
DOD the album is underrated.

Fixed!

Dissimulate
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Fixed!
Saying something is underrated implies that it good.

rjturtle9
07-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Saying something is underrated implies that it good.

Oh, DoD is very good!

idrinkwine732
07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Iron Maiden haven't made a bad album.

I don't count that Blaze shit.

rjturtle9
07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Iron Maiden haven't made a bad album.

I don't count that Blaze shit.

That "Blaze shit" is amazing, and would take those albums over No Prayer any day!

idrinkwine732
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
That "Blaze shit" is amazing, and would take those albums over No Prayer any day!

:bouville:

andrew_metalhead
07-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Side note: I was watching Flight 666 today and I'm pretty sure I spotted Andrew(_metalhead) in the crowd at the LA show! :tongue:

Yea that was me :D

andrew_metalhead
07-02-2010, 04:20 AM

I like Tailgunner, Holy Smoke and Bring Your Daughter off of No Prayer.

I like only Sign Of The Cross, Futureal and Clansman from the Blaze albums, and that too only the live versions where Bruce sings it (Rock In Rio for example) :P

The Ghost at Number One
07-02-2010, 07:44 AM
I like Tailgunner, Holy Smoke and Bring Your Daughter off of No Prayer.

I like only Sign Of The Cross, Futureal and Clansman from the Blaze albums, and that too only the live versions where Bruce sings it (Rock In Rio for example) :PI completely agree about the Blaze stuff, and that Bruce does a MUCH better job with it.

I don't care for Bring Your Daughter..., but I think Public Enema Number One, Fates Warning, and the title track are classic Maiden. No Prayer took me quite a while to get into, as did Dance of Death. Eventually, though, I ended up loving them both.

DethMaiden
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
lol @ people liking no prayer but not blaze

powerslave_85
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM
No Prayer sucks, and not just compared to their other albums. It just sucks period. Virtual XI is just as bad, if not worse. But X Factor is excellent.

cradle_of_maiden
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I think we (those of us in North America, that is) should all be glad we're getting ANY Dance of Death material. I'm pretty sure we won't get it again. If we do, I can't imagine it'll be more than one song, and I fear that song will be Wildest Dreams. If we're really lucky, it'll be Dance of Death.

They still have to do the second leg for this tour so they may add some different DoD songs (Rainmaker!!!). I was promissed another Florida show in 2011 by Bruce lol and goddamnit I better get some DoD and BNW (not that it matters tho, I'll see maiden if they decide to go out as a Journey tribute act)

HackedUpForBBQ
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
How much are shirts? $35, I presume.....

Travis The Dragon
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Who was the opener at this show since DT wasn't there?

Maidenmagic
07-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Who was the opener at this show since DT wasn't there?

I think it was a band called Auoman.ca. I heard they got a bad reception. Anyway having the rotation stop is good revenge for me since I got DOD (and wrathchild) in Houston, completely unaware that the set would change. As for set changes, I've probably said this before but Wildest dreams needs to go. For me, Wratchild would be replaced with For the greater good of God (Even better than 1,000 Suns!) and song nine would be Rainmaker.(Monstegeur would be cool, but I'm trying to be realistic.) For the more casual fans Song three would be The trooper and song nine would be 2 minutes to midnight.