PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Deathfest IX - May 27th - May 29th, 2011

Pages : [1] 2

mankvill
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/

MDF IX
May 26-29, 2011

The following bands have been confirmed for MDF 2011.

Thursday:

CATHEDRAL
BUZZOV*EN
EXTORTION
LACK OF INTEREST
FLESH PARADE
MIASMAL
WITCHAVEN
NOISEAR
SHITSTORM

+ more TBA

Friday:

NEUROSIS
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
EXHUMED
AURA NOIR
MARDUK
GOATSNAKE
KYLESA
MACHETAZO
FUNEBRARUM
NOCTURNAL
HATRED SURGE
NAILS
PULLING TEETH

Saturday:

VOIVOD
EXHORDER
DOOM
IMPALED NAZARENE
DESTROYER 666
HAIL OF BULLETS
INQUISITION
HOODED MENACE
DROPDEAD
CIANIDE
ACID WITCH
AVULSED
BLOOD FREAK
DEVOURMENT
THE KILL
CRETIN
DEFEATED SANITY
MAMMOTH GRINDER
CREATIVE WASTE
INNUMERABLE FORMS
MASAKARI

Sunday:

CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH
LOCK UP
ORANGE GOBLIN
REPUGNANT
CITIZENS ARREST
DEAD CONGREGATION
REGURGITATE
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY
WORMED
CRIPPLE BASTARDS
MALIGNANT TUMOUR
NOKTURNEL
GRAVEHILL
NIGHTBRINGER
BAD ACID TRIP
OAK
VISVERAL DISGORGE

Crionics
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks hot, too bad I probably won't be able to go to a Deathfest untill 2012 or 2013 :bouville:

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 12:22 PM
EXHORDER

:hmm:

Fuck you guys

:hmm:

Dissimulate
06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
WORMED? IMPNAZ? FUCK I WISH I WAS 18 AND NOT BROKE!

mankvill
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
WORMED? IMPNAZ? FUCK I WISH I WAS 18 AND NOT BROKE!

MDF is all ages!

JuuKun
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
IMPNAZ FUCK YES

Chyck mentioned wanting to go next year, I think, so assuming she still wants to, I even have a travel companion :rocker:

Crionics
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
MDF is all ages!

But getting there if you're under 18 or 16 can be hard since we have no transportation..unless you live in Maryland.

Dissimulate
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
But getting there if you're under 18 or 16 can be hard since we have no transportation..unless you live in Maryland.
Yeah, I'm a couple thousand kilometers away across an international border.

mankvill
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
IMPNAZ FUCK YES

Chyck mentioned wanting to go next year, I think, so assuming she still wants to, I even have a travel companion :rocker:

Her and I are rooming together, though.

Crionics
06-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I'm a couple thousand kilometers away across an international border.

Damn, I'm 1 state away in Virginia, but theres still no way in hell I could get my parents to take me to Baltimore for 3 days in May for a small (by their standards) Metal festival. They fucking hate me going to concerts and have a "2 concert per year" rule, but they said they might break it this year, I hope. Also the smaller venue/band/cheaper priced the show is, the more they hate it because of "class" :confused:

christopher
06-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm liking the sound of Cripple Bastards coming back to the states ever since they cancelled their Murderfest appearance last year :mad: Hopefully there is another Murderfest and they headline with Exhumed :D

DethMaiden
06-30-2010, 03:21 PM
First Cretin show since Dan Martinez became Marissa, methinks. Very cool.

Won't be going until 2012 but this is off to a good start. :fist:

treghet
06-30-2010, 03:35 PM
"2 concert per year" rule

Advice: buy some new parents!

DethMaiden
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn, I'm 1 state away in Virginia, but theres still no way in hell I could get my parents to take me to Baltimore for 3 days in May for a small (by their standards) Metal festival. They fucking hate me going to concerts and have a "2 concert per year" rule, but they said they might break it this year, I hope. Also the smaller venue/band/cheaper priced the show is, the more they hate it because of "class" :confused:

:eek: That's fucking ridiculous. Dude, get psyched for college, and go to school in a big city!

Crionics
06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Advice: buy some new parents!

:eek: That's fucking ridiculous. Dude, get psyched for college, and go to school in a big city!

Metal is already affecting my college choice :D Since I live in Virginia, going to a college around here is what I have to chose..I've ruled out Tech because it's 3 1/2 hours away from the Jaxx (best place for extreme metal in VA). UVA, JMU or VCU would all be about 2 hours from the Jaxx which would be decent, William and Mary would be 2 1/2. Not sure if I have the grades for UVA though. I'm going to try to see if there are any good places around the Jaxx though. Ofcourse, I'd also like to go to some place in like, LA or NY or somewhere that gets a holyshitomgrape amount of shows ;).

Edit: Holy shit, George Mason is less than 20 Minutes from the Jaxx :eek: Although I'm not sure if it's a "great" school.

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Metal is already affecting my college choice :D Since I live in Virginia, going to a college around here is what I have to chose..I've ruled out Tech because it's 3 1/2 hours away from the Jaxx (best place for extreme metal in VA). UVA or VCU would both be about 2 hours from the Jaxx which would be decent, William and Mary would be 2 1/2. Not sure if I have the grades for UVA though. I'm going to try to see if there are any good places around the Jaxx though. Ofcourse, I'd also like to go to some place in like, LA or NY or somewhere that gets a holyshitomgrape amount of shows ;).

I'm getting away from home for school. Not looking at a single school west of the Mississippi, except for one of my safeties.

DethMaiden
06-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm getting away from home for school. Not looking at a single school west of the Mississippi, except for one of my safeties.

http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/img_productworlds/IU_logo.jpg

Crionics
06-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Way off topic, but yeah, does anybody here know if George Mason is a good school with a good reputation in the search for a job?

Chyck
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
IMPNAZ FUCK YES

Already said it on fb, but you bet your short ass I'm gonna' try to go. I'll move exams for this - I'll delay externships for this - I'll sell your firstborn for this.

Also, do you seriously think I'd be the only traveling companion? I see a train of vehicles traveling from MA/CT/RI down.

Chyck
06-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Way off topic, but yeah, does anybody here know if George Mason is a good school with a good reputation in the search for a job?

Go to school in New England. We're better ;)

IrritatedTrout
06-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Metal is already affecting my college choice :D Since I live in Virginia, going to a college around here is what I have to chose..I've ruled out Tech because it's 3 1/2 hours away from the Jaxx (best place for extreme metal in VA). UVA, JMU or VCU would all be about 2 hours from the Jaxx which would be decent, William and Mary would be 2 1/2. Not sure if I have the grades for UVA though. I'm going to try to see if there are any good places around the Jaxx though. Ofcourse, I'd also like to go to some place in like, LA or NY or somewhere that gets a holyshitomgrape amount of shows ;).

Edit: Holy shit, George Mason is less than 20 Minutes from the Jaxx :eek: Although I'm not sure if it's a "great" school.

George Mason is nice. Check out Mary Washington too. And the drive from JMU to Jaxx is really easy. Up 81, down 66, and off the exit for Springfield before you hit any real DC traffic. Going to school near Harrisonburg gives me the opportunity to see shows at The National, Jaxx, 9:30 Club, Verizon Center, Jiffy Lube Live, Merriweather Post Pavillion, JPJ Arena, Sonar, and Rams Head Live. The Baltimore venues are about 3 hours away but that's manageable if it's a show you really want to see.

The Patriot Center on the GMU campus actually gets shows once in a blue moon too. That's where I'm seeing Alice in Chains and Mastodon this fall.

mankvill
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM
If I remember correctly, I think George Mason was the no-name team who beat KU in the NCAA tourney a few years back.

I was in my Mizzou phase then.

evildeadjedi
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
If I remember correctly, I think George Mason was the no-name team who beat KU in the NCAA tourney a few years back.

I was in my Mizzou phase then.

Back in 2006, Kansas a 4th seed got upset by 13th seed Bradley in the first round.
George Mason was an 11th seed and upset Mich St, UNC, Wichita State, and UCONN making it to the Final Four and got steam rolled by eventual champ Florida.

It was only second time in tourney history an 11th seed made it to the Final Four.

JLRedWing13
06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Venue proximity is important....but just remember the real reason you go to college...lol.

Crionics
06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Go to school in New England. We're better ;)
I can't make Harvard :lol:;)

George Mason is nice. Check out Mary Washington too. And the drive from JMU to Jaxx is really easy. Up 81, down 66, and off the exit for Springfield before you hit any real DC traffic. Going to school near Harrisonburg gives me the opportunity to see shows at The National, Jaxx, 9:30 Club, Verizon Center, Jiffy Lube Live, Merriweather Post Pavillion, JPJ Arena, Sonar, and Rams Head Live. The Baltimore venues are about 3 hours away but that's manageable if it's a show you really want to see.

The Patriot Center on the GMU campus actually gets shows once in a blue moon too. That's where I'm seeing Alice in Chains and Mastodon this fall.
Great info man! :) Now, when you're 18 and all, does distance from a venue really matter too much as long as it's within 2-3 hours? Like right now it does because I'm not on my own, but when you are, is it still easy to make shows every 2/3 weeks that are 2-3 hours away? And would you say school wise JMU>GMU and VCU?

Venue proximity is important....but just remember the real reason you go to college...lol.
I'll try :lol:.

JLRedWing13
06-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I'll try :lol:.

:D

Wizzbang11
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
BLOOD FREAK

Whoa. Whoa. Whoah.

BLOOD FREAK. HOLY FUCK. I AM THERE.

NecroRob
07-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Jesus Christ this lineup is already awesome and its a year away. Fuck you Maryland :mad::finger2:

Chyck
07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I can't make Harvard :lol:;)

What, no family to get you in? :tongue: There's more than just Harvard, you know.

Jesus Christ this lineup is already awesome and its a year away. Fuck you Maryland :mad::finger2:

Glass half-empty, much? PRAISE YOU, MARYLAND!!!!!!!!

What's the likelihood of any of the announced bands canceling?

mankvill
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
What's the likelihood of any of the announced bands canceling?

The people in charge of MDF have some sort of drama with the guy in control of Razorback records, so they have a higher than normal chance of cancelling. So I'd say Blood Freak and also ImpNaz, just because of the whole Visa shit.

Blood Freak - 50%
ImpNaz - 30%

JuuKun
07-01-2010, 09:41 AM
The people in charge of MDF have some sort of drama with the guy in control of Razorback records, so they have a higher than normal chance of cancelling. So I'd say Blood Freak and also ImpNaz, just because of the whole Visa shit.

Blood Freak - 50%
ImpNaz - 30%

You shut your whore mouth. :mad: :D

Wizzbang11
07-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Blood Freak - 50%
ImpNaz - 30%

As much as it pains me to say it.. I'd go:
Blood Freak 70%
Impaled Nazarene 50%

Blood Freak barely play live shows as it is....one across the country...at a show not liked by their record label...with an unstable lineup. :(
And yeah, European black metal and visas don't go well together.

mankvill
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
As much as it pains me to say it.. I'd go:
Blood Freak 70%
Impaled Nazarene 50%

Blood Freak barely play live shows as it is....one across the country...at a show not liked by their record label...with an unstable lineup. :(
And yeah, European black metal and visas don't go well together.

Impnaz has been to Canada a few times in the past couple of years, though.

larvtard
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM

same here. I'm kind of ashamed that it's such a high priority for me.

I have a couple schools in mind with good metal scenes, but I haven't visited them yet, I'll apply first. My top choice right now is UVT...burlington doesn't get many shows, but Montreal gets every single metal tour. Just under two hours away; I probably wouldn't make the trip often, but it's good to know that I could pretty easily when I wanted to.

Chyck
07-02-2010, 04:47 PM
\My top choice right now is UVT

That's UVM, and I hope you're a stoner, because that's the rep the college has

larvtard
07-02-2010, 05:01 PM
That's UVM, and I hope you're a stoner, because that's the rep the college has

oh yeah haha that's what I meant. I'm aware of the rep, and no, not at all :eyes:

bt11763
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Already said it on fb, but you bet your short ass I'm gonna' try to go. I'll move exams for this - I'll delay externships for this - I'll sell your firstborn for this.

Also, do you seriously think I'd be the only traveling companion? I see a train of vehicles traveling from MA/CT/RI down.

you might have to add NY to that :horns:

this year i went, and i actually took a bus down and it was easy/cheap as hell

but i stayed/went with a friend of mine so that won't work for all

mankvill
07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
HOODED MENACE (Finland)
MACHETAZO (Spain)
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY (Holland)

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF IX:

EXHORDER
EXHUMED
IMPALED NAZARENE
REPUGNANT
HOODED MENACE
MACHETAZO
CRIPPLE BASTARDS
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY
WORMED
BLOOD FREAK
THE KILL
CRETIN
NIGHTBRINGER

idrinkwine732
07-20-2010, 09:47 PM
HOODED MENACE (Finland)

:eek::eek::eek::wow::wow::wow:

Boy...this has me thinking...

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Already awesome. Can't wait for May 2012. :snivel:

That would be a good return to the live arena for Cobalt, no? :D

mankvill
07-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Maybe. If they can get WITTR and Portal on MDF, why not Cobalt?

idrinkwine732
07-20-2010, 09:56 PM

I'd make it. No way Exhorder, Cobalt and Hooded Menace all play MDF without me there.

mankvill
08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Update today:

We're very pleased to announce that NEUROSIS will be making a rare live appearance to headline one of the nights of MDF 2011.

We've also confirmed the following bands:

AVULSED (Spain), MALIGNANT TUMOUR (Czech Republic), CIANIDE, NOKTURNEL, DEVOURMENT, DEFEATED SANITY (Germany), CREATIVE WASTE (Saudi Arabia)

AVULSED (Spain)
BLOOD FREAK
CIANIDE
CREATIVE WASTE (Saudi Arabia)
CRETIN
CRIPPLE BASTARDS (Italy)
DEFEATED SANITY (Germany)
DEVOURMENT
EXHORDER
EXHUMED
HOODED MENACE (Finland)
IMPALED NAZARENE (Finland)
THE KILL (Australia)
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY (Netherlands)
MACHETAZO (Spain)
MALIGNANT TUMOUR (Czech Republic)
NEUROSIS
NIGHTBRINGER
NOKTURNEL
REPUGNANT (Sweden)
WORMED (Spain)

mankvill
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Just realized the year on this thread title is wrong. Mods, change it to 2011!

girnny777
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
CIANIDE

METAL

NEVER

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNDSSSSSS

Wizzbang11
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
CIANIDE!!!!

They have metal in Saudi Arabia?

mankvill
08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
CIANIDE!!!!

They have metal in Saudi Arabia?

Creative Waste is grind and they are actually doing a few dates in the US right now.

mastodon421
08-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Shit Neruosis I might have go to Maryland for this.

bt11763
08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
:drool:

Natrlhi
08-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I automatically assume that I'll want to go to MDF before the lineup even comes out every year. The fact that NEUROSIS has just been added to the lineup cements what was already a pretty firm position. That being said, I hope I'm able to go in 2011. :snivel:

larvtard
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Hmmm... the first year that I may actually be able to go, nothing interests me. I'm sure if I go I'll enjoy all these underground death metal/grindcore bands I've never heard of, but I need a good headliner to make me go in the first place.

Bring back Bolt Thrower or Dismember!

Natrlhi
08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Bring back Bolt Thrower or Dismember!http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/2/128780894705858876.jpg

ShatteredFlame
08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm expecting both along with Autopsy again and Sleep and possibly Morbid Angel

mankvill
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM

Probably not Autopsy.
I seriously doubt they'd do Sleep, but that would be epic at like 1 AM inside.

I'd love Morbid Angel. :drool:

larvtard
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM

Expect as in you think there is a reasonable possibility of it actually happening?
Or expect=want?

NecroRob
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Hmmm... the first year that I may actually be able to go, nothing interests me.

Bring back Bolt Thrower or Dismember!

HOW DO NONE OF THOSE BANDS INTEREST YOU :mad:

Although I agree about Bolt Thrower and Dismember :D

Wizzbang11
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
HOW DO NONE OF THOSE BANDS INTEREST YOU :mad:

Although I agree about Bolt Thrower and Dismember :D

Yeah I was just about to jump on that.

Blood Freak, Imp Naz, Exhumed, Cripple Bastards, Exhorder, LDoH, Machetazo, Cianide! C'mon!

larvtard
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah I was just about to jump on that.

Blood Freak, Imp Naz, Exhumed, Cripple Bastards, Exhorder, LDoH, Machetazo, Cianide! C'mon!

Well I haven't listened to any of them... :eyes:
Exhorder is alright

Chyck
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I automatically assume that I'll want to go to MDF before the lineup even comes out every year. The fact that NEUROSIS has just been added to the lineup cements what was already a pretty firm position. That being said, I hope I'm able to go in 2011. :snivel:

You're going

mankvill
08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I call a room with Lynney.

:lovedup:

NecroRob
08-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Well I haven't listened to any of them... :eyes:
Exhorder is alright

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/abb/bce/abbbce42-bf43-4d96-8232-5f1a060c145c

ShatteredFlame
08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Probably not Autopsy.
I seriously doubt they'd do Sleep, but that would be epic at like 1 AM inside.

I'd love Morbid Angel. :drool:
Autopsy is reasonable. After all the MDF coordinators pestering Chris and the feedback of their performance are pretty much the reason why they are back together in the first place. A lot of MDF bands get invited back from positive feedback. They most likely will.

Expect as in you think there is a reasonable possibility of it actually happening?
Or expect=want?

I believe they all are reasonable.

JuuKun
08-14-2010, 07:46 AM
I call a room with Lynney.

:lovedup:

Better luck next year, manky. :D

I don't care if the Jonas Brothers play for the rest of the weekend - IMPALED NAZARENE! :party:

larvtard
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/abb/bce/abbbce42-bf43-4d96-8232-5f1a060c145c

chill with the memes, man :tp:

bt11763
08-14-2010, 06:56 PM
chill with the memes, man :tp:

http://captionsearch.com/pix/g74c9tvreu.jpg

Natrlhi
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
You're goingIf you could just send an e-mail to my wife regarding that fact, that would be great. Mmmmmkay? Thanks.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ctPbYqMjAyk/SKTdGgC-n4I/AAAAAAAAAEQ/X5hdEKBqSwg/s1600-R/lumberg.jpg

mankvill
08-14-2010, 08:04 PM
If I can't room with Lynney, I'm roomin' with Natty.

PARTY ROOM! KNOCK THREE TIMES, BITCHES

JuuKun
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Aura Noir, Lock Up (UK), and Goatsnake confirmed.

Very excited for Aura Noir, I was looking forward to them two years ago when I had to cancel my plans last minute. Awesome to get another chance to see them this go around.

According to the MDF Facebook, the other headliners should be announced by October. More band announcements to come between now and then as well.

mankvill
08-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Goatsnake

B-B-B-B-BONER ALERT

treghet
08-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm really hoping to be able to make it next year. The lineup is already looking pretty good.

Also, I just noticed the title says "2010". :tongue:

daimonos
08-21-2010, 01:49 PM
B-B-B-B-BONER ALERT

This.

ShatteredFlame
08-21-2010, 02:24 PM
B-B-B-B-BONER ALERT

That.

moobys37
08-21-2010, 02:44 PM
B-B-B-B-BONER ALERT

Indeed.

SplinterMech
09-17-2010, 07:43 AM
From the facebook page-

8 more bands have been confirmed for MDF 2011:

MARDUK (Sweden), ORANGE GOBLIN (UK), INQUISITION, GRAVEHILL, NAILS, MAMMOTH GRINDER, PULLING TEETH, INNUMERABLE FORMS

We were hoping to have quite a few more bands ready to announce today, including another headliner for next year, but it's going to take a bit more time for some things to finalize before they can be announced.

JuuKun
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I've heard a few of those names before (Orange Goblin, Mammoth Grinder), but the only band I know is Marduk. They're a great addition, though, I've wanted to see them for awhile.

Looking forward to more announcements, especially to see who the other headliners are.

mankvill
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
From the facebook page-

8 more bands have been confirmed for MDF 2011:

MARDUK (Sweden), ORANGE GOBLIN (UK), INQUISITION, GRAVEHILL, NAILS, MAMMOTH GRINDER, PULLING TEETH, INNUMERABLE FORMS

We were hoping to have quite a few more bands ready to announce today, including another headliner for next year, but it's going to take a bit more time for some things to finalize before they can be announced.

Nice. Marduk is one of my favorite black metal bands, Inquisition would be rad, Gravehill is great live, and Mammoth Grinder would be sweet.

christopher
09-17-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm glad to hear Gravehill is on that bill. Those are some good guys and they deserve to get a bigger following. I always love seeing these guys live. Last time I saw them, they played in a tiny movie theater, good times

DethMaiden
09-17-2010, 12:18 PM
For me this is still about Cretin, Hooded Menace, ImpNaz and Neurosis. Can't wait to see headliners though.

Also I'm glad that most of my dreamt-of top tier MDF style band aren't listed, because that means they might play 2012 when I actually go. :D

mankvill
09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
For me this is still about Cretin, Hooded Menace, ImpNaz and Neurosis. Can't wait to see headliners though.

Also I'm glad that most of my dreamt-of top tier MDF style band aren't listed, because that means they might play 2012 when I actually go. :D

Neurosis is one of the headliners.

DethMaiden
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Neurosis is one of the headliners.

Yeah, I figured they were probably big enough to be. Alright, then the rest of the headliners.

idrinkwine732
09-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I'll be in attendance.

bt11763
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I'll be in attendance.

if all goes through i will be (again :D)

DethMaiden
09-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Just realized that if 2011 is MDF IX then 2012 is MDF X. I bet they pull out all the stops for the tenth anniversary. Sooooooooo excited. :bliss:

christopher
09-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Dropdead just got added to the bill you lucky fuckers

Wizzbang11
09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Dropdead just got added to the bill you lucky fuckers

:eek:
they aren't metal at alll...but they are fantastic.
I didn't actually know they were still around.

bt11763
09-22-2010, 08:18 AM
:eek:
they aren't metal at alll...but they are fantastic.
I didn't actually know they were still around.

the bill is never all metal, they had from ashes rise as the last band this year

SplinterMech
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
the bill is never all metal, they had from ashes rise as the last band this year

Indeed, plus Fang and Verbal Abuse.

bt11763
09-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Indeed, plus Fang and Verbal Abuse.

truth.

JuuKun
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
From the MDF Facebook:

"Dropdead announced that they've confirmed for MDF IX a bit before we were ready to post the news. So, just to clarify, yes, Dropdead will be playing at MDF IX. We're just a tiny thread away from a massive announcement of bands, so stay tuned."

Wizzbang11
09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it weird that this is Thursday-Saturday?
I haven't really payed attention, but I thought it was usually through Sunday..

girnny777
09-26-2010, 02:37 PM
It's Friday-Sunday.

Wizzbang11
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
It's Friday-Sunday.

That's what I thought, but May 29th is a Saturday.

mankvill
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Is it weird that this is Thursday-Saturday?
I haven't really payed attention, but I thought it was usually through Sunday..

You're looking at 2010, not 2011 you stupid butthole

Wizzbang11
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
You're looking at 2010, not 2011 you stupid butthole

Damnit Jackson, you're right.

SplinterMech
10-01-2010, 09:12 AM
From the MDF facebook page:

‎13 more bands have been confirmed for MDF 2011!
The last 2 headliners are a handful of other bands will be announced before the end of the month to finalize the billing.

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY (Animosity lineup), HAIL OF BULLETS (Netherlands), DEAD CONGREGATION (Greece), DROPDEAD, KYLESA, REGURGITATE (Sweden), NOCTURNAL (Germany), ACID WITCH, FUNEBRARUM, CITIZENS ARREST, BAD ACID TRIP, HATRED SURGE, MASAKARI

Visit here for a full list of confirmed bands for MDF IX:
www.marylanddeathfest.com

JuuKun
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
The new additions don't really excite me at all besides Hail of Bullets. Corrosion of Conformity are alright, though.

mastodon421
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Shit I thought Bad Acid Trip fell off the face of the earth.

girnny777
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Hail Of Bullets!

And wow, I remember Bad Acid Trip from Ozzfest 2006.

JuuKun
10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
And wow, I remember Bad Acid Trip from Ozzfest 2006.

Yeah, me too. I remember them being terrible.

ShatteredFlame
10-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Thats a great announcement. Acid Witch :drool:

but Hail of Bullets instead of Asphyx is lame

mankvill
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM

EVERYONE wants Asphyx, but Hail of Bullets is awesome. Martin van Drunen for MDF president?

JuuKun
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM

I would love to see Asphyx, but would they really book them for the third year in a row?

mankvill
10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I would love to see Asphyx, but would they really book them for the third year in a row?

An Asphyx hat trick would be awesome.

NecroRob
10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
DEAD CONGREGATION (Greece), DROPDEAD, KYLESA, REGURGITATE (Sweden), ACID WITCH, FUNEBRARUM

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Woah, I actually didn't notice Funebrarum on there. Cool!

idrinkwine732
10-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Bam I'm there.

SplinterMech
10-04-2010, 01:22 PM
First details have been revealed about the Pre-Fest:

MDF 2011 pre-fest party
May 26, 2011
@ Sonar

Ticket price will be announced once all bands have been confirmed.
The headliner for the pre-fest can't be announced until the end of November or early December, but we'll most likely announce a few more bands before then.

Current list of confirmed bands:

Flesh Parade
Noisear
Miasmal (Sweden)
Shitstorm

The Pre-Fest last year was $15 I believe, so I imagine it will be similarly priced this year.

mankvill
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Pretty good pre-fest so far.

SplinterMech
10-10-2010, 08:02 AM
MDF IX 3-day passes are on sale now:

http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/tickets.html

$132 is a damn good deal. I can't wait to see who the final two headliners are.

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 08:40 AM
MDF IX 3-day passes are on sale now:

http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/tickets.html

$132 is a damn good deal. I can't wait to see who the final two headliners are.

I'll be waiting on some $ before I buy, but it's looking good for me to go.

christopher
10-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Holy fuck!! I didn't realize Lock Up was on the bill!! I hope they come out to the west coast around that time

SplinterMech
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
MDF IX has been expanded to four days:

Due to our desire to include more bands than usual on the Thursday show, we've decided to expand the festival to 4 days instead of having a "pre-fest" on Thursday. Only the main room stage of Sonar will be in use for the Thursday portion of the festival.

You will be able to purchase a separate ticket for Thursday, May 26th once the billing for all 4 days is finalized. Individual day tickets for each day of the festival will go on sale once a list of bands is posted for each day.

We're in the middle of wrapping up some details with a few headliners and a handful of other awesome bands, so stay tuned for the next update.

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=242969

Fucking great news in my opinion. I will probably be picking up my ticket when Friday gets here.

bt11763
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
oooooo that's fucking sweet

larvtard
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
you know, I could actually see them putting Wormrot on here. They're like the hot new grindcore band.

bt11763
10-17-2010, 08:26 PM
you know, I could actually see them putting Wormrot on here. They're like the hot new grindcore band.

i was thinking that too

JuuKun
10-21-2010, 06:26 AM
CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH (SWE)
DOOM (UK)
OAK
VISCERAL DISGORGE

Coroner are one of the headliners. One more headliner TBA.

idrinkwine732
10-21-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/92.gif

bt11763
10-21-2010, 07:07 AM
I totally called them putting coroner on the bill.

JLRedWing13
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
CORONER

Coroner are one of the headliners. One more headliner TBA.
:bouville:

treghet
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Coroner needs to do a tour with Atheist and Watchtower.

NecroRob
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
FUCK. I think I'm gonna have to beg my parents to make this my birthday present for next year...

idrinkwine732
10-21-2010, 12:05 PM

You know who has two thumbs and is going?

This guy.

Seriously though, it's a haul, but see if you can make it. Once in a lifetime chance to see Coroner.

mankvill
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM

This guy...too.

CORONER!

SplinterMech
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
This is great fucking news... Coroner, Death Breath, Nuclear Assault... yesss.

Anticipation is at an all-time high for the final announcement!

mankvill
10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, can a mod change the title of this thread to make it say May 26th instead of 27th? It's a four-day fest now.

idrinkwine732
10-21-2010, 10:14 PM

This guy...too.

CORONER!

And good times will be had by all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI

And there was much rejoicing.

mankvill
10-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Official MDF 2011 Metalsetlists.com meetup:

1. mankvill
2. idrinkwine732

Who else?!

JLRedWing13
10-22-2010, 10:53 AM

This guy.

Seriously though, it's a haul, but see if you can make it. Once in a lifetime chance to see Coroner.
I'm going to be in that area of the country this summer, so it's not out of the question. It will be a stretch, but at least there's time....

mastodon421
10-22-2010, 11:08 AM

1. mankvill
2. idrinkwine732

Who else?!

There's a chance I'll be going. My cousin lives about 30 minutes away from Sonar, I might be visiting him around that time of the year. I really want to see Nerousis and I think MDF would a great time and introduce me to a bunch of new bands. It's definitely a possibilty for me.

JuuKun
10-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I believe I'm supposed to be going with Chyck, and hell yeah Impaled Nazarene :rocker:

Coroner kick ass, but I'm sort of indifferent to Neurosis. Bout a dozen bands I really want to see, a few others that I'm interested in checking out.

If all goes as planned, the last headliner and a few other bands to appear between Friday-Sunday will be announced before Halloween.

We'll also be announcing more bands for the Thursday portion of the festival, including a headliner for that day as well, although bookings for Thursday could trickle into November.

Wizzbang11
10-22-2010, 07:32 PM

1. mankvill
2. idrinkwine732

Who else?!

80% goin.

bt11763
10-22-2010, 09:18 PM
barring any unforeseen circumstances, i will be there for my second year :D

treghet
10-22-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't think I'll have the money to make it this time, but hopefully next time around. I might try to make it happen though, depending on the other bands they announce.

SplinterMech
10-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll be going for sure. Third year. It's going to be hard to top the last one, both in terms of bands and also who I went with/the experience in general, but I'm hoping it happens. Band-wise we're looking pretty good so far, though there are certainly a few choice bands I hope are a part of the next announcement, but I'd rather not get my hopes up.

SplinterMech
10-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Voivod has been announced as another headliner. On November 10th, most of the bands for Thursday, including the headliner for that day, will be announced.

mankvill
10-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Voivod has been announced as another headliner. On November 10th, most of the bands for Thursday, including the headliner for that day, will be announced.

Hmm.

SplinterMech
10-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Hmm.

This was pretty much my reaction as well.

ThrashManiac
10-30-2010, 02:44 PM
yea...they better play a really old school set for this.

Chyck
10-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Yay!

... waitaminute... that doesn't fit into MDF in my head at all...

but still - yay!

SplinterMech
10-30-2010, 03:55 PM
I find it a bit odd that something called Maryland Deathfest has no death metal headliners for the main three days. Still, it's a pretty good line-up and I'll definitely be going.

bt11763
10-30-2010, 10:17 PM
danggg, i had my money on immortal :(

mankvill
10-30-2010, 10:42 PM
I find it a bit odd that something called Maryland Deathfest has no death metal headliners for the main three days. Still, it's a pretty good line-up and I'll definitely be going.

Haha, I think in 2008 and 2009 a bunch of people were bitching because the lack of "death" bands for Maryland "Death"fest, but I'm fine. I mean, I probably won't watch Neurosis, but Voivod is okay by me and Coroner is pants-dumpingly amazing.

SplinterMech
10-31-2010, 01:23 AM
Haha, I think in 2008 and 2009 a bunch of people were bitching because the lack of "death" bands for Maryland "Death"fest, but I'm fine. I mean, I probably won't watch Neurosis, but Voivod is okay by me and Coroner is pants-dumpingly amazing.

Oh for sure, Voivod is cool, Neurosis should be interesting, and Coroner will fucking slay... but while they've made it a point to bring in bands from a plethora of sub-genres over the past couple years (something I'm definitely in favor of), they've also kept the headliner bands pretty appropriate (Asphyx/Bolt Thrower/Pestilence, then Gorguts/Autopsy/Obituary) but whatever, it's all good. I was one of the crazies hoping for Morbid Angel or Mercyful Fate, but no matter, Memorial Day weekend is still going to be pretty amazing.

... and there's still the Thursday bands as well!

ShatteredFlame
10-31-2010, 04:49 AM
I was hoping for Godflesh :(

idrinkwine732
11-01-2010, 04:40 AM
sooooooooooooooooooo down

idrinkwine732
11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Yo Manks, you picked up tickets yet?

mankvill
11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Yo Manks, you picked up tickets yet?

Not yet

ThrashManiac
11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh for sure, Voivod is cool, Neurosis should be interesting, and Coroner will fucking slay... but while they've made it a point to bring in bands from a plethora of sub-genres over the past couple years (something I'm definitely in favor of), they've also kept the headliner bands pretty appropriate (Asphyx/Bolt Thrower/Pestilence, then Gorguts/Autopsy/Obituary) but whatever, it's all good. I was one of the crazies hoping for Morbid Angel or Mercyful Fate, but no matter, Memorial Day weekend is still going to be pretty amazing.

... and there's still the Thursday bands as well!

i'm sure they tried to get big death metal name but it just didnt happen. i personnaly don't care too much for headliners this year..Coroner is gonna be amazing. i dont really like Neurosis, and Voivod..i guess i've just seen them too many times, It'll be cool but i would've liked something else..Morbid would've been sick obviously.

Would've been nice to get a raincheck from Sodom, oh well.

SplinterMech
11-04-2010, 08:20 PM
The Sonar's website has leaked more info ahead of schedule -

Friday = Voivod
Saturday = Neurosis
Sunday = Coroner

Head over to sonarbaltimore.com to see a handful of other bands for each day. The full lists will be released, as stated previously, on November 10th.

mankvill
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
The Sonar's website has leaked more info ahead of schedule -

Friday = Voivod
Saturday = Neurosis
Sunday = Coroner

Head over to sonarbaltimore.com to see a handful of other bands for each day. The full lists will be released, as stated previously, on November 10th.

Early bedtime on Saturday, nice.

DethMaiden
11-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I've bitten my tongue while you people have slandered them for far too long - Neurosis is the best headliner at Maryland Death Fest next year, and you can all suck my fucking balls.

idrinkwine732
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I've bitten my tongue while you people have slandered them for far too long - Neurosis is the best headliner at Maryland Death Fest next year, and you can all suck my fucking balls.

:fist:

Seeing them in December and couldn't be more excited to see them again.

EDIT: Wait...Coroner...

ShatteredFlame
11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Agreed! Not many bands in the world can make 7 incredible albums straight in a row! And then we got kids who listened to one song and think they can judge their whole discography based on that.

mankvill
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Thursday headliner is Moop.

bt11763
11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Thursday headliner is Moop.

wat

jhdeity
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Saturday is the best lineup by a mile. Usually they make Sunday the best lineup to get people to buy the 3 day passes. I might just do Saturday from what I've seen so far

idrinkwine732
11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Saturday is the best lineup by a mile. Usually they make Sunday the best lineup to get people to buy the 3 day passes. I might just do Saturday from what I've seen so far

Coroner already achieved that by a mile.

mankvill
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Friday:

Voivod
Corrosion of Conformity
Exhumed
Aura Noir
Marduk
Goatsnake
Wormed
Machetazo
Cretin
Pulling Teeth
AND MORE!

Saturday:

Neurosis
Exhorder
Impaled Nazarene
Doom
Hail Of Bullets
Hooded Menace
Cianide
Dead Congregation
Dropdead
Kylesa
AND MORE!

Sunday:

Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up
Orange Goblin
Inquisition
Repugnant
Avulsed
Regurgitate
AND MORE!

Honestly, Saturday has two of the bands I want to see the most (ImpNaz, HoB) but other than that, Friday and Sunday blow it out of the water. Voivod, Exhumed, Aura Noir, Marduk, fucking GOATSNAKE all on Friday and FUCKING CORONER, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, Death Breath, Lock Up, and Inquisition on Sunday? God DAMN, dude.

idrinkwine732
11-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Friday:

Voivod
Corrosion of Conformity
Exhumed
Aura Noir
Marduk
Goatsnake
Wormed
Machetazo
Cretin
Pulling Teeth
AND MORE!

Saturday:

Neurosis
Exhorder
Impaled Nazarene
Doom
Hail Of Bullets
Hooded Menace
Cianide
Dead Congregation
Dropdead
Kylesa
AND MORE!

Sunday:

Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up (ish)
Orange Goblin
Inquisition
Repugnant
Avulsed
Regurgitate
AND MORE!
Bold: Want
Bold/Italic: Really Want
Bold/Italic/Underline: Super Want

DethMaiden
11-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Friday:

Voivod
Corrosion of Conformity
Exhumed
Aura Noir
Marduk
Goatsnake
Wormed
Machetazo
Cretin
Pulling Teeth
AND MORE!

Saturday:

Neurosis
Exhorder
Impaled Nazarene
Doom
Hail Of Bullets
Hooded Menace
Cianide
Dead Congregation
Dropdead
Kylesa
AND MORE!

Sunday:

Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up
Orange Goblin
Inquisition
Repugnant
Avulsed
Regurgitate
AND MORE!

Looks like Saturday would be my day.

EDIT: Most of these bands would be fun to see but bolded are my priorities or bands I would probably see outside of the MDF context.

mankvill
11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks like Saturday would be my day.

holy shit son, do you really not know any of those other bands on Sunday?

DethMaiden
11-05-2010, 08:43 PM
holy shit son, do you really not know any of those other bands on Sunday?

Coroner and Nuclear Assault I know a little bit about but wouldn't be that pumped to see them, they'd have to change my mind. Orange Goblin I know fairly well but honestly just don't care about anymore.

mankvill
11-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Coroner and Nuclear Assault I know a little bit about but wouldn't be that pumped to see them, they'd have to change my mind. Orange Goblin I know fairly well but honestly just don't care about anymore.

that's a paddlin

mastodon421
11-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Saturday wins by a mile imo, mainly because of how much I love Neurosis. The Friday lineup is pretty sweet too. Sunday I don't really know anything about any of the bands playing outside of Nuclear Assualt and Coroner.

bt11763
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Bold: Want
Bold/Italic: Really Want
Bold/Italic/Underline: Super Want

pssst

quotes make everything italicized ;)

i want all of the days to cum in my hair

treghet
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Simultaneously. :bliss:

idrinkwine732
11-06-2010, 09:57 PM
pssst

quotes make everything italicized ;)

Your mom makes my dick italicized.

jhdeity
11-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Coroner already achieved that by a mile.

I saw Coroner at Hammerjacks on the Punishment for Decadence tour. I never got to catch Exhorder and probably because of that have Exhorder rated worlds higher than Coroner. Plus Masked Jackyl was played every week on Headbangers Ball and became mindnumbingly boring to me. They didn't really impress me live and I never bought another cd. Did I miss some great music after that?

NecroRob
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
They didn't really impress me live and I never bought another cd. Did I miss some great music after that?

yes

SplinterMech
11-10-2010, 06:23 AM
So, either the Sonar fucked up with their list of bands for each day, or the guys who run MDF were pissed that they were leaked and switched things up, but Voivod is now listed as playing on Saturday, while Neurosis will be playing on Friday. The full list of bands for each day has been posted, though there are still a few more Thursday bands to be announced. New additions include Cathedral, Destroyer 666, Buzzov*en, Lack of Interest, Extortion, and Witchaven.

http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/runningorder.html

JuuKun
11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Cathedral! :rocker: It's cool to see D666 added to Saturday, too. Saturday is easily my favorite lineup of the four days, and while Coroner are really awesome, they're really the only band on Sunday that I would legitimately want to see and not just be interested in checking out.

Haemorrhage, General Surgery, or Blood Duster for Thursday plz.

bt11763
11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
fuck yes!

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 09:05 AM
UPDATED:
(Updates are in bold)

Thursday
Cathedral
Buzzov*en
Extortion
Lack of Interest
Flesh Parade
Miasmal
Witchaven
Noisear
Shitstorm

Friday
Neurosis
Corrosion of Conformity
Exhumed
Aura Noir
Marduk
Goatsnake
Kylesa
Machetazo
Funebrarum
Nocturnal
Hatred Surge
Nails
Pulling Teeth

Saturday
Voivod
Exhorder
Doom
Impaled Nazarene
Destroyer 666
Hail Of Bullets
Inquisition
Hooded Menace
Dropdead
Cianide
Acid Witch
Avulsed
Blood Freak
Devourment
The Kill
Cretin
Defeated Sanity
Mammoth Grinder
Creative Waste
Innumerable Forms
Masakari

Sunday
Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up
Orange Goblin
Repugnant
Citizens Arrest
Dead Congregation
Regurgitate
Last Days of Humanity
Wormed
Cripple Bastards
Malignant Tumor
Nokturnel
Gravehill
Nightbringer
Bad Acid Trip
Oak
Visceral Disgorge

...and I guess just to join in the discussion, I would probably prefer Saturday night's lineup AS A WHOLE, but there's no fucking way I could miss an opportunity to see Neurosis. I still don't know if I'm going or not, but if I did, it would probably be a Friday - Saturday thing.

DethMaiden
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say that, while this lineup is pretty good (not as good as the last three, though), Maryland DEATH Fest should probably have ONE of its four headliners be, you know, a death metal band.

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Your mom makes my dick italicized.

Meaning that it leans further to the right than usual?

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say that, while this lineup is pretty good (not as good as the last three, though), Maryland DEATH Fest should probably have ONE of its four headliners be, you know, a death metal band.

:lol: I've been thinking the same thing.

...and yeah, MDF VII (2009) was fucking sick compared to this. I only went to one (partial) day of the festival, and I saw Hail of Bullets, Brutal Truth, Birdflesh, Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, General Surgery and BOLT THROWER, for fuck's sake!!!

IrritatedTrout
11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not a huge fan of very many black/death metal bands but I will say that the year I went (same year as Nat) the lineup destroyed this one. This is probably my least favorite lineup of the past three years.

mankvill
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I was about to be like "Maryland Doom Fest" and then I saw D666 and now :shred:

Seriously, one of the best bands around today.

ravenheart
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Enjoy Cathedral all you people who've been waiting to see them. Maybe they'll add some headlining dates around this.

I see them next month for the fourth time this year. Playing their debut album in its entirety with the original line-up, then a second set of other stuff with the current line-up. Awesomeness.

Wizzbang11
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
On the off chance I end up here, I'd say:

Saturday
Voivod
Exhorder
Doom
Impaled Nazarene
Destroyer 666
Hail Of Bullets
Inquisition
Hooded Menace
Dropdead
Cianide
Acid Witch
Avulsed
Blood Freak
Devourment
The Kill
Cretin
Defeated Sanity
Mammoth Grinder
Creative Waste
Innumerable Forms
Masakari

Sunday
Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up
Orange Goblin
Repugnant
Citizens Arrest
Dead Congregation
Regurgitate
Last Days of Humanity
Wormed
Cripple Bastards
Malignant Tumor
Nokturnel
Gravehill
Nightbringer
Bad Acid Trip
Oak
Visceral Disgorge

ravenheart
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
On the off chance I end up here, I'd say:

Saturday
Voivod
Exhorder
Doom
Impaled Nazarene
Destroyer 666
Hail Of Bullets
Inquisition
Hooded Menace
Dropdead
Cianide
Acid Witch
Avulsed
Blood Freak
Devourment
The Kill
Cretin
Defeated Sanity
Mammoth Grinder
Creative Waste
Innumerable Forms
Masakari

Sunday
Coroner
Nuclear Assault
Death Breath
Lock Up
Orange Goblin
Repugnant
Citizens Arrest
Dead Congregation
Regurgitate
Last Days of Humanity
Wormed
Cripple Bastards
Malignant Tumor
Nokturnel
Gravehill
Nightbringer
Bad Acid Trip
Oak
Visceral Disgorge

You forgot Cathedral, so you fail.

Wizzbang11
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
You forgot Cathedral, so you fail.

Only would be able to go Saturday and Sunday ;)

mankvill
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Here's my picks for each day:

Thursday:

CATHEDRAL
BUZZOV*EN
EXTORTION
LACK OF INTEREST
FLESH PARADE
MIASMAL
WITCHAVEN
NOISEAR
SHITSTORM

+ more TBA

Friday:

NEUROSIS
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
EXHUMED
AURA NOIR
MARDUK
GOATSNAKE
KYLESA
MACHETAZO
FUNEBRARUM
NOCTURNAL
HATRED SURGE
NAILS
PULLING TEETH

Saturday:

VOIVOD
EXHORDER
DOOM
IMPALED NAZARENE
DESTROYER 666
HAIL OF BULLETS
INQUISITION
HOODED MENACE
DROPDEAD
CIANIDE
ACID WITCH
AVULSED
BLOOD FREAK
DEVOURMENT
THE KILL
CRETIN
DEFEATED SANITY
MAMMOTH GRINDER
CREATIVE WASTE
INNUMERABLE FORMS
MASAKARI

Sunday:

CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH
LOCK UP
ORANGE GOBLIN
REPUGNANT
CITIZENS ARREST
DEAD CONGREGATION
REGURGITATE
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY
WORMED
CRIPPLE BASTARDS
MALIGNANT TUMOUR
NOKTURNEL
GRAVEHILL
NIGHTBRINGER
BAD ACID TRIP
OAK
VISVERAL DISGORGE

SplinterMech
11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Alright, guess I'm doing this as well...

Thursday:

CATHEDRAL
BUZZOV*EN
EXTORTION
LACK OF INTEREST
FLESH PARADE
MIASMAL
WITCHAVEN
NOISEAR
SHITSTORM

+ more TBA

Friday:

NEUROSIS
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
EXHUMED
AURA NOIR
MARDUK
GOATSNAKE
KYLESA
MACHETAZO
FUNEBRARUM
NOCTURNAL
HATRED SURGE
NAILS
PULLING TEETH

Saturday:

VOIVOD
EXHORDER
DOOM
IMPALED NAZARENE
DESTROYER 666
HAIL OF BULLETS
INQUISITION
HOODED MENACE
DROPDEAD
CIANIDE
ACID WITCH
AVULSED
BLOOD FREAK
DEVOURMENT
THE KILL
CRETIN
DEFEATED SANITY
MAMMOTH GRINDER
CREATIVE WASTE
INNUMERABLE FORMS
MASAKARI

Sunday:

CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH
LOCK UP
ORANGE GOBLIN
REPUGNANT
CITIZENS ARREST
DEAD CONGREGATION
REGURGITATE
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY
WORMED
CRIPPLE BASTARDS
MALIGNANT TUMOUR
NOKTURNEL
GRAVEHILL
NIGHTBRINGER
BAD ACID TRIP
OAK
VISVERAL DISGORGE

ShatteredFlame
11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Tragedy confirmed! :rocker:
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=243631

mankvill
11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm really dumb, which Tragedy is this?

treghet
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM

Romeo and Juliet.

ShatteredFlame
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM

d-beat/crust punk one. Recommended if you like stuff like Wolfbrigade and Victims.

bt11763
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Romeo and Juliet.

L:lol:L

Blackened12
12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Who on here is actually going any of the days?

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 05:35 PM
It's very likely I'll be attending all four days. :party:

mankvill
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
It's very likely I'll be attending all four days. :party:

Sames. I have a ticket, just need to get airfare squared away.

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Sames. I have a ticket, just need to get airfare squared away.

I still need to get my tickets, but I have the travel plans all squared away. Four hours of driving, woo!

mankvill
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I still need to get my tickets, but I have the travel plans all squared away. Four hours of driving, woo!

Worth it!

SplinterMech
12-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I'll be going for sure, although I don't have my tickets just yet. Probably will have them purchased by the end of the month. Then comes the hotel reservation, which will take a bit more time to save up for.

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I'll be going for sure, although I don't have my tickets just yet. Probably will have them purchased by the end of the month. Then comes the hotel reservation, which will take a bit more time to save up for.

If you're not too picky, there's a hostel near the festival that has beds to rent for cheap. I totaled it up, I think it came to $132 for a four night stay. Plus free pancake breakfast! :D

SplinterMech
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
If you're not too picky, there's a hostel near the festival that has beds to rent for cheap. I totaled it up, I think it came to $132 for a four night stay. Plus free pancake breakfast! :D

That's not too bad a deal. My goal is to get in at the HI Express right across the street from the Sonar (just stayed there recently for the Watain show and it's an excellent establishment), but I'll definitely keep the hostel in mind. Thanks!

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
That's not too bad a deal. My goal is to get in at the HI Express right across the street from the Sonar (just stayed there recently for the Watain show and it's an excellent establishment), but I'll definitely keep the hostel in mind. Thanks!

No problem! Would you happen to know what the age is to rent a room at the HI Express?

SplinterMech
12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
No problem! Would you happen to know what the age is to rent a room at the HI Express?

Indeed. You have to be 18+.

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Indeed. You have to be 18+.

Oh good. I might check that out then. I'm a bit leery about staying in a hostel, haha, so an actual hotel would be more comforting.

SplinterMech
12-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Haha I know what you mean. I stayed at the Radisson last year and that wasn't bad (partially because a decent number of bands I came for stayed there as well) but it was probably a good 15-20 minute walk to the venue, where as the HI Express, like I said, is literally a walk across the street. Hell, you could probably hear/see bands from your hotel window.

Also, I'm not sure who I'm going with this year (went with my longtime girlfriend this past year, but we've since broken up) but if it comes down to it, I wouldn't be opposed to splitting a hotel room with people to cut down on the overall cost for everyone involved. So yeah, just putting that out there.

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
This'll be my first year, hopefully, attending and my first time in Baltimore (or Maryland at all for that matter), so...the closer to the venue the better. n__n

I'm more than likely going to be going by myself. I don't really have anyone I could get to go with me, haha.

SplinterMech
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
At this point, I've spent two whole weekends in Baltimore, plus a number of other nights, so I have a pretty good knowledge of the city, it's streets and certain landmarks. If safety's your concern, I wouldn't worry too much about that, considering the city will pretty much be swarming with metal fans at any given hour. But yeah, I understand why you would want to be closer to the venue ha.

RAZOR
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I really don't travel outside of the Pittsburgh area all too often, and when I do it's only for a day or so, haha. Safety isn't really one of my main concerns, its just being in a new place for the first time alone. I'll be good, though. 8)

idrinkwine732
12-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I really don't travel outside of the Pittsburgh area all too often, and when I do it's only for a day or so, haha. Safety isn't really one of my main concerns, its just being in a new place for the first time alone. I'll be good, though. 8)

You doing the hostel thing?

GarageMetal468
12-05-2010, 08:31 AM
After thinking this over, I'm only gonna get tickets for the last 2 days. I've either never heard of any of the bands for the first 2 days or the bands I've heard of bore me live (looking at you Marduk). My friend came up with a great idea to spend the week on the east coast and then we go to Maryland Friday night/Saturday morning. I'm getting my tickets as soon as I get my next paycheck, which should be next Friday. Can't wait for Exhorder, Voivod, Destroyer 666, Nuclear Assault, and of course, the whole reason I'm going, FUCKING CORONER!!!

RAZOR
12-05-2010, 08:37 AM
You doing the hostel thing?

Most likely, yeah.

mastodon421
12-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I am still considering going, depends on how much money I make in tips this month. Question for anyone from the area, My cousing lives in Fairfax,Virginia. How far is Fairfax from Baltimore? I am thinking about staying with him to save money.

Crionics
12-05-2010, 09:31 AM
I am still considering going, depends on how much money I make in tips this month. Question for anyone from the area, My cousing lives in Fairfax,Virginia. How far is Fairfax from Baltimore? I am thinking about staying with him to save money.

I'd say about 75 minutes.

mankvill
12-05-2010, 09:36 AM
After thinking this over, I'm only gonna get tickets for the last 2 days. I've either never heard of any of the bands for the first 2 days or the bands I've heard of bore me live (looking at you Marduk).

I would say check out Exhumed if you're a fan of Carcass worship done right.

SplinterMech
12-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd say about 75 minutes.

This.

Depending on when you leave, though, it's going to take a lot fucking longer. It's Memorial Day weekend, so the traffic is going to be bad. In 2009 and 2010, it took about 3-4 hours to get there, leaving on Thursday and Friday respectively.

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/MDFIXweb.jpg

Derelict
12-07-2010, 11:07 AM

I dated a girl who lived near fairfax while I lived in Baltimore for college, so i'd say about 75-90 minutes, but traffic in the area is extremely unpredictable and can get shitty at any time of day/any day of the week.

RAZOR
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Great poster. :rocker:

mankvill
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
dat flyer

jhdeity
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Kylesa belongs in the "logo" section?

mankvill
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Kylesa belongs in the "logo" section?

I think MDF is mostly about "legendary" bands that don't play the US all that often, so that kind of decides who gets a logo and who doesn't. Surprising LDoH doesn't have a logo, because they just reunited, but the others make sense.

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm actually curious where/when Kylesa will play considering not many who attend are even interested in them with this lineup. I'm a fan of them but I think I will skip them myself.

mankvill
12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm actually curious where/when Kylesa will play considering not many who attend are even interested in them with this lineup. I'm a fan of them but I think I will skip them myself.

They're on Friday.

NEUROSIS
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
EXHUMED
AURA NOIR
MARDUK
GOATSNAKE
KYLESA
MACHETAZO
FUNEBRARUM
NOCTURNAL
HATRED SURGE
NAILS
PULLING TEETH

I bet they're outside. In fact, I bet the outside stage lineup is:

Neurosis
CoC
Goatsnake
Kylesa

They might throw Marduk or Aura Noir after Goatsnake

mastodon421
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I dated a girl who lived near fairfax while I lived in Baltimore for college, so i'd say about 75-90 minutes, but traffic in the area is extremely unpredictable and can get shitty at any time of day/any day of the week.

Thanks for the info, I have heard the traffic is really horrible down there. It could be a pain in the ass to say there if I end up going...

RAZOR
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
How early would you guys suggest getting there on Thursday?

mankvill
12-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Don't miss Witchaven!

idrinkwine732
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM

Bright and early :D

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Judging from last year the opening line for the wristbands was like a 30-40min wait but only made me miss the first band on Friday.

RAZOR
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't miss Witchaven!
I don't plan on it! They're one of the main Thursday bands I wanna see. c:

Judging from last year the opening line for the wristbands was like a 30-40min wait but only made me miss the first band on Friday.
Alright. I'll probably get there bright and early like Wine said anyways, explore the city a bit before anything starts going on.

idrinkwine732
12-25-2010, 12:19 PM
90% booked. Only have to book the overnight arrangements.

Can we get a roll call here?

bt11763
12-25-2010, 10:00 PM

yo. :D

mastodon421
12-26-2010, 06:18 AM

Still iffy, but it could be in the cards.

The Colonel
12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll definitely be there for the 7th straight year! Staying at the Mt. Vernon again. If anyone feels like having a drink, I'm the giant dreadlocked guy usually babysitting Shane from Phobia.

mankvill
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
I'll definitely be there for the 7th straight year! Staying at the Mt. Vernon again. If anyone feels like having a drink, I'm the giant dreadlocked guy usually babysitting Shane from Phobia.

;_; you got to see Anaal Nathrakh. You lucky bastard.

We might need a MetalSetLists photo-op

The Colonel
12-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, they played '08 if I remember correctly. I was only familiar with one of their albums at the time, but they were pretty good despite playing on equipment that wasn't their own.

mankvill
12-28-2010, 02:39 PM
:D they're my favorite band! I was a regular on their (now-defunct) forum, and I actually got some mail from Mick (their instruments guy) a few months ago!

Blackened12
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM

THIS GUY!! So pumped, thinking about a 4 day pass since I only live about 45 min away from Baltimore.

idrinkwine732
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I bought a 4 day pass on the off chance I get into Baltimore in time for Cathedral.

RAZOR
12-28-2010, 03:16 PM

It's still up in the air at the moment, but...I'll probably be attending. :party:

Blackened12
12-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I guess this is directed towards anybody that's been there before but how exactly is the festival organized? Care to share the inside scoop?

mankvill
12-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I know they have an indoor stage and an outdoor stage and this year, it's a 4 day festival with only the indoor stages being used on Thursday and Friday.

Blackened12
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh ok, is it like half the day bands play on the outside stage and the other half is played indoors?

DethMaiden
12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Someone who's coming from a distance give me a rundown of what your plans are with regards to travel, lodging, food, etc. I get curious about these things, and I plan to hit MDF in the next few years at some point.

The Colonel
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
They've only had the outdoor stage the last two years. 2009 there was only one, last year they had two outdoor stages. The bigger bands generally play on the outdoor stages. The outdoor stages were running on a scedule where a band would start on one roughly 10-15 minutes after one ended on the other. the indoor stage ran throughout the day. The 15 minute gaps outside were intended to give people time to see bands on the inside stage, since most of the inside bands were grind and power violence bands that played shorter sets. There really wasn't much overlapping of sets. Also, there were no inside bands scheduled during the main bands outside. For example, last year nobody played inside while Autopsy or Entombed played outside.

ShatteredFlame
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh ok, is it like half the day bands play on the outside stage and the other half is played indoors?

There is usually more bands playing inside since most bands that play inside are less known and get shorter sets. It also runs from around 11:00PM-1:00AM. The outside stages run around 3:00PM-11:00PM with known bands and longer sets for the most part. Last year there was 2 outside stages but I dunno if they are going to bring that back, that 2nd stage didn't receive positive feedback. Both sound and location were terrible.

The Colonel
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
There is usually more bands playing inside since most bands that play inside are less known and get shorter sets. It also runs from around 11:00PM-1:00AM. The outside stages run around 3:00PM-11:00PM with known bands and longer sets for the most part. Last year there was 2 outside stages but I dunno if they are going to bring that back, that 2nd stage didn't receive positive feedback. Both sound and location were terrible.

I definitely agree, the stage on the side of the building was not too great. I'm hoping they just do the one on the street like they did in 2009.

Natrlhi
12-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Still iffy, but it could be in the cards.

This.

JuuKun
12-28-2010, 04:50 PM
It's looking less likely for me, but still maybe. The next few weeks will probably settle it one way or the other.

idrinkwine732
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Someone who's coming from a distance give me a rundown of what your plans are with regards to travel, lodging, food, etc. I get curious about these things, and I plan to hit MDF in the next few years at some point.

I'm going. I'm using my frequent flier miles to get there fo free, staying at the HI-Baltimore hostel, which is dominated by festival goers for the weekend for 28$ a night. As far as food, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do. I'll have a nice amount of money stockpiled, but I really don't want to spend a ton of that eating. That might be a game time decision.

IrritatedTrout
12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm going. I'm using my frequent flier miles to get there fo free, staying at the HI-Baltimore hostel, which is dominated by festival goers for the weekend for 28$ a night. As far as food, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do. I'll have a nice amount of money stockpiled, but I really don't want to spend a ton of that eating. That might be a game time decision.

When I went on my Maiden tour this summer I just brought a bunch of granola bars, peanut butter and bread, and a case of water from home. Saved some money that way. You could just buy that stuff in Baltimore and eat something like that. Don't buy the food they have on the fest grounds, it's overpriced and not very good.

And I've heard good things about the Bmore hostel but I've never stayed there.

When I went in 2009 it ran like this. One stage inside the club (Sonar) and one stage set up out in the street. All the smaller bands played inside and the headliners played outside. Outside stage started roughly around 3 pm and had to end by 11. After 11 there would be more bands playing indoors until about 1 am or so. Sometimes the times for the outdoor stage got screwed up and Asphyx ended up playing a shorter set (although from the stage Van Drunen blamed Mayhem for playing too long). Be prepared for it to be very hot out by the outdoor stage as it's right in the middle of a street and the pavement heat and the body heat gets nasty. Stay hydrated as I literally was about to pass out during Bolt Thrower. Also be prepared for bands to cancel, in 09 two bands I was dying to see canceled (Marduk and Pestilence). Pestilence was the Sunday headliner so that was a bummer but the fest organizers convinced Bolt Thrower to do a second set Sunday night in Pestilence's time slot.

bt11763
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM

last year i took a bus down to DC and my friend picked me up, who lives in Dunkirk just like Blackened. we drove in the last day. this year i plan on doing the same, but I'm not sure if i want to drive each day because I'll be going with another friend of mine from home, and we want to go all 4 days but i don't know if my friend down in MD will want to.

Hey blackened, maybe we can work something out if that's the case!

idrinkwine732
12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
And I've heard good things about the Bmore hostel but I've never stayed there.

That's comforting to hear. They work a deal with the fest every year, so it sounds like they've got it under control.

Blackened12
12-29-2010, 07:29 AM
last year i took a bus down to DC and my friend picked me up, who lives in Dunkirk just like Blackened. we drove in the last day. this year i plan on doing the same, but I'm not sure if i want to drive each day because I'll be going with another friend of mine from home, and we want to go all 4 days but i don't know if my friend down in MD will want to.

Hey blackened, maybe we can work something out if that's the case!

I would do that but the thing is I'm only 17 and live with the padres. Dunno of they'd be too excited about that, but we might be able to do something.

bt11763
12-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I would do that but the thing is I'm only 17 and live with the padres. Dunno of they'd be too excited about that, but we might be able to do something.

oh true, not a problem that's totally understandable haha. at the very least we need to do a MS meet up :horns: