PDA

View Full Version : Man's Gin completes debut record, free mp3 available

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.profoundlorerecords.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=953&Itemid=2

For those who were on the Gin bandwagon last year, this is Erik Wunder doing stuff like the instrumentals on there and "Dry Body". Should be a cool disc.

EDIT: The description above isn't so great, I just listened to the song. This is really, really awesome, but totally off-the-wall from Cobalt in every way imaginable. I think just about everybody on the board would like the track though.

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
That one song is cool. Is that how it's all going to sound?

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
That one song is cool. Is that how it's all going to sound?

I heard some samples a few months ago that sounded a little darker and that had electric guitar in them, but this general kind of thing is the vibe he's going for on the whole record.

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Will be checking it out then.

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Will be checking it out then.

Cool. :fist:

Yeah, Phil is the only reason Cobalt is still black metal, honestly. Erik does all kinds of different stuff now. I think this will capture the essence of why Cobalt is great and filter it through a different genre though, and the mood/vibe of Cobalt is why they're so great in my opinion.

ChildrenofSodom
06-29-2010, 10:57 AM
I listened to the song. Really really like. Different from Cobalt, but still really good.