PDA

View Full Version : Free and legal download for stoner, doom and sludge lovers

evildeadjedi
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
http://hookinmouth.net/index/2010/06/free-and-legal-downloads-swamp-comp-vol-1/#more-7581

A compilation album of unsigned, underground bands, brought to you by The Sludge Swamp, a website dedicated to Sludge, Stoner and Doom metal of all kinds. The Swamp Comp Vol. 1 contains 14 songs from bands you’ve probably never heard of. I have sampled every song on this comp and I must say that for a free album I was not disappointed with a single track. If you’re open minded and dig metal with a southern/sludge/stoner feel to it, then you will definitely dig the Swamp Comp. I would say it’s mostly stoner or southern rock/metal more than anything. Track list and download link after the fold.
01. Low of the Low – Mississippi
02. Dirt Communion – A Trip to the Slaughterhouse
03. El Supremo – Julius Pleaser and the Renegade Brigade
04. Black Thai – Satan’s Tool Shed
05. Alcoholic Alliance Disciples – Blues for the Heretic Confraternity of Drinkers
06. Ever Circling Wolves – Alone, into the Silent Ice
07. Hate – Needle
08. Dead Existence – Underhanded
09. Bad Actor – Sinister Smoke and Smolder
10. March to the Sea – Replicant
11. Black Sleep of Kali – Chorus of Flies
12. After the Dust – Crash Down
13. The Central End – I See Walls (James Plotkin Remix)
14. The Storm Explosion – Everything that’s Living

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 10:35 AM
All of these are awesome except Black Sleep of Kali, Hate and Bad Actor.

Although Storm Explosion sound out of place.

Checking all of the rest out!

gabo03
06-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Hate from Poland??

treghet
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Hate from Poland??

This Hate. http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540298369

ravenheart
06-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Hate from Poland??

They aren't unsigned ;)

Or doom/sludge/stoner for that matter.

Travis The Dragon
06-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Isn't "stoner" about smoking pot? I don't see any references to that in those song titles.

evildeadjedi
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Isn't "stoner" about smoking pot? I don't see any references to that in those song titles.

Stoner rock (or stoner metal) is a sub-genre of rock and heavy metal music combining elements of psychedelic rock, blues-rock, traditional heavy metal and doom metal. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo and features low-tuned guitars, a bass-heavy sound, melodic vocals, and 'retro' production.

Travis The Dragon
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Stoner rock (or stoner metal) is a sub-genre of rock and heavy metal music combining elements of psychedelic rock, blues-rock, traditional heavy metal and doom metal. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo and features low-tuned guitars, a bass-heavy sound, melodic vocals, and 'retro' production.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to check some of those bands out for sure.

evildeadjedi
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to check some of those bands out for sure.

Your welcome :)

Crionics
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Check out Dopesmoker by Sleep :stoned:

mankvill
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Check out Dopesmoker by Sleep :stoned:

DROP

b_halperin
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM
gonna listen later this evening :stoned: thanks for the headsup!