PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Osbourne -- Birmingham, England -- June 16th, 2010

TonyD
06-27-2010, 05:02 PM
From Setlist.fm. Free show in his home town just before the record release. I guess this is gonna be his set for the next year or so... :rolleyes:

1. Bark at the Moon
2. Let Me Hear You Scream
3. Mr Crowley
4. I Don't Know
5. Fairies Wear Boots
6. Suicide Solution
7. Shot In The Dark
8. Guitar and Drum solo
9. Into The Void
10. Iron Man
11. I Don't Want to Change the World
12. Crazy Train
13. Encore:
13. Mama, I'm Coming Home
14. Paranoid

Pastulio_
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Awwww yeah! Into The Void! ...still not enough to make me wanna see him again.

Kapper
06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
you gotta think that Ozzy will add more songs off his new album when he starts the full tour

Magson13
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
12 songs and some solos? That better be a free show, if you have to pay for Ozzy he'd better do more than that. Although I must say, Fairies Wear Boots is nice to see in the list. Hopefully he keeps it

makethemsuffer12
06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
you gotta think that Ozzy will add more songs off his new album when he starts the full tour

Hopefully not.

Sanitarium78
06-27-2010, 06:40 PM
12 songs and some solos? That better be a free show, if you have to pay for Ozzy he'd better do more than that. Although I must say, Fairies Wear Boots is nice to see in the list. Hopefully he keeps it

I don't get why people complain about Ozzy doing so few songs:confused: Where exactly have you been all these years? Ozzy does maybe 14 songs at the most live, even in his Sabbath days it was like that as well. A dozen songs and some solos is exactly what an Ozzy show has always been for the vast majority of his touring career. If you're going to see Ozzy live and are expecting more than that you'll be disappointed.

If he adds in anything off the new album let's hope it's one of the few good tunes like Digging Me Down or Time. Otherwise I could care less if he doesn't do anything else off Scream.

Magson13
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't care what he's done in the past. It's the present now, he needs to step up his game.

TonyD
06-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm a little disappointed by the Sabbath songs. Yeah I love Into The Void and Fairies, but they were both played on the last 2 Sabbath tours and it sounded like he was pulling out different stuff. And other than Shot in the Dark, there's nothing new as far as solo stuff goes.

Sanitarium78
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't care what he's done in the past. It's the present now, he needs to step up his game.

The reason I bring up what he's done in the past is because that's the live format he's always had. Why on earth would he change it at this point in his career?

How exactly you expect him to step up his game at this point? He's gonna be 62 later this year. 40 of those years had been spent destroying his body with alcohol, drugs and who knows what the hell else he did. Even when he was young he wasn't sober enough to put on long shows. I know he's been clean for awhile now but the damage done from all those years of partying have left his body in terrible shape. He couldn't pull off longer sets now even if he wanted to. I'm not sure how to explain it any better than that.

At this point we're lucky enough that Ozzy is still alive and we still have an opportunity to see him.

JRA
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
When Ozzy brings out a Sabbath song that isn't on the Reunion tracklisting, then I will be impressed.

PlaysWithKnives
06-27-2010, 07:28 PM

That would be unfortunate if he did. He could better spend that time doing a couple more oldies he hasn't done in a while

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Since I've never seen him, I would gladly take that set. :eyes:

TonyD
06-27-2010, 10:19 PM

Exactly. And you don't have to hurry out to see him on this cycle because his sets have always been comprised of the same songs.
When Ozzy brings out a Sabbath song that isn't on the Reunion tracklisting, then I will be impressed.
Even Spiral Architect

At this point we're lucky enough that Ozzy is still alive and we still have an opportunity to see him.

And we should thank Bruce for letting us give him our money to hear him play songs that he likes playing and won't make him feel like part of a nostalgia act.

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Exactly. And you don't have to hurry out to see him on this cycle because his sets have always been comprised of the same songs

I'm not counting on him being alive for his next album cycle...

ozzman
06-28-2010, 01:00 AM
i don't know what's the truth, but i saw the photo of the setlist, what was taken at the birmingham show, taken from the mixer deck and there were on the setlist more songs, like: Fearless, Road to Nowhere, No More Tears and KILLER OF GIANTS!!!!
so i don't know what's up now, but i hope this will be his setlist for the upcoming tour! :)

ravenheart
06-28-2010, 01:12 AM
I will be VERY happy if he plays that setlist on Saturday in London.

davidis138
06-28-2010, 01:18 AM

I agree. I'm seeing him for my first time in August and if this set is kept for OzzFest I'm ok with that. The highlights are Fairies, Shot in the Dark, and Into the Void. I'm excited I don't care if this is all I'll get to hear.

TonyD
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
i don't know what's the truth, but i saw the photo of the setlist, what was taken at the birmingham show, taken from the mixer deck and there were on the setlist more songs, like: Fearless, Road to Nowhere, No More Tears and KILLER OF GIANTS!!!!
so i don't know what's up now, but i hope this will be his setlist for the upcoming tour! :)

Well... pic or it didn't happen.

JLRedWing13
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm not counting on him being alive for his next album cycle...

Yeah, that's the thing...

TonyD
06-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm guessing one more and that's it.

JRA
06-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Even Spiral Architect

That one would get a pass, as would Beyond The Wall of Sleep, but that's it.

metallicbrian666
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
To be honest, if Ozzy plays Fairies at my Ozzfest date it would be entirely worth the price of admission.

TonyD
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
That one would get a pass, as would Beyond The Wall of Sleep, but that's it.

I totally forgot that was on that album

Travis The Dragon
07-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Ozzy should be supporting the new album by doing at least 4 songs from it.

Dissimulate
07-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Can he even sing the old Sabbath songs anymore?

metallicbrian666
07-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Maybe at solo shows, but not at Ozzfest. He might, but it wouldn't surprise me if they just do LMHYS.

At Ozzfest 2007 he only played I Don't Wanna Stop.

metallicbrian666
07-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Can he even sing the old Sabbath songs anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UvAH5t2fs4

makethemsuffer12
07-02-2010, 08:38 AM

No.

Bloodcurse
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
KILLER OF GIANTS!!!!

That would be worth the whole day standing in the sun...