Unrest
Idols and Anchors
Romance is Dead
Sleepwalker
Dead Man's Chest
Carrion
Boneyards

all 3 sets are complete and in order.

all 3 bands were A LOT of fun. lots of circle pits and mosh pits. hardcore dancing too but w/e let them do their thing since they didn't bother the moshers.

Emmure got the crowd really into it but it was lame, just a bunch of brocore wiggers dancing in the pit the entire time. then again that's exactly what i expected. as much as i hate them i gotta admit they are entertaining and know how to work a crowd even if their music is terrible.

Four Year Strong suprised me. they were a lot of fun live and know how to work a crowd. i'm gonna re-listen to their studio stuff.

Alkaline Trio was alright but a bit boring after awhile. for anyone who ever listened them: i know they opened with Private Eye.

G.B.H. was fun. the only song i knew was Big Women though.

Attack Attack was lame and boring.

i watched the last 2 songs of Bring Me The Horizon right after Parkway Drive finished and they were fucking lame. apparently my friend said the last few times he saw them the circle pits were fun and crazy. the singer called for a circle pit but i guess the 15 year old scene kids don't know what know that is.

i really wanted to see Sum 41 and somewhat of the Casualties but they played the same time as Parkway Drive so i chose them instead. i also wanted to see Dillinger Escape Plan from the good things i've heard about them but they played the same time as Sucide Silence. they're all playing all dates and i'm going to go again in august when it comes in my area again so i'll see them all then.

overall a very fun show primarily for the 3 bands i came to see.
i know everyone hates these bands but i just felt like writing a review of a very fun show.

WageSlave
06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
thanks for the setlists bro. Im going to Scranton PA, Ocean Port NJ, and Columbia MD. Warped is just too awesome to pass up, esp with the lineup haha

xStructualDefect
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
for sure np. figured maybe someone on here might want the sets. yeah warped is always fun even if the lineup is lame. but i really like those 3 bands so that just makes the warped experience much better

Onioner
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
How was Andrew W.K.? He and Agent Orange would probably be the only reasons for me to go this year, but an hour or less from each wouldn't be too much fun.

WageSlave
06-25-2010, 10:36 PM
for sure np. figured maybe someone on here might want the sets. yeah warped is always fun even if the lineup is lame. but i really like those 3 bands so that just makes the warped experience much better

deff agreed, but this year is more special cause it seems like theres without a doubt something there for EVERYONE. Punk, Ska, Deathmetal, Deathcore, Hardcore, Poppunk, Posthardcore, Metalcore, Electronica, etc. Its just a great time. Im taking my friend to his first concert ever which will be a roadtrip to Ocean Port's warped

idrinkwine732
06-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Deathmetal

:confused::confused::confused:

PlaysWithKnives
06-25-2010, 10:48 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Same here

JLRedWing13
06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh dear....

Magson13
06-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Death metal? No, there is not any death metal band on warped tour....

mastodon421
06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Damn it Parkway Drive isn't playing The Siren's Song. I have never been to a Warped Tour do the set times change every day? I am going on the 13th should be a pretty good show.

ijwthstd
06-26-2010, 07:51 AM
There is a slight chance I might make it to Ventura, will just kick it at the Legends stage all day.

WageSlave
06-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Same here

my bad i was alittle tired when I wrote that, but actually Whitechapel stated and have proven in their recent album that they are straying away from the whole deathcore sound/scene.

Butcher of Birth
06-26-2010, 09:49 AM
my bad i was alittle tired when I wrote that, but actually Whitechapel stated and have proven in their recent album that they are straying away from the whole deathcore sound/scene.

:lol:

xStructualDefect
06-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Damn it Parkway Drive isn't playing The Siren's Song. I have never been to a Warped Tour do the set times change every day? I am going on the 13th should be a pretty good show.

yeaa i really wanted to hear that too i screamed it out a few times. but they were reaaally good live. this was my first time seeing them.

also to the person who asked how was Andrew W.K. i only watched a song or two from him but he was entertaining. i had to go because i was busy doing or looking for something else. i'll probably watch him next time i go.

and by the way from what i've noticed all the main stage bands i passed by (excluding All American Rejects and Bring Me The Horizon) didn't really have big crowds at all. like they were decent size but there weren't many people "into" the main stage bands, you'd see a few people in the front maybe crowd surfing, jumping, and hands in the air, but majority of the crowds just stood there for the main stage bands.

JLRedWing13
06-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Death metal? No, there is not any death metal band on warped tour....

This.

xStructualDefect
06-26-2010, 10:00 AM
can't believe so many people are making such a big deal about him saying death metal.

evildeadjedi
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
i also wanted to see Dillinger Escape Plan from the good things i've heard about them but they played the same time as Sucide Silence.

Well, if Dillinger was like the two times I've seen them then you missed one hell of a show. They truly are a band you must see at least once.

elturtleboy
06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
aww no setlists to any of the punk/ska bands?
I thought someone post Andrew WK's setlist.

idrinkwine732
06-26-2010, 01:53 PM

They will always write deathcore. Forever. They'll be trying to not write deathcore but still whatever they write will be drowned by breakdowns.

mankvill
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Too bad you didn't catch iwrestledabearonce too, then you would've seen all the shittiest bands on Warped this year.

treghet
06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
They will always write deathcore. Forever. They'll be trying to not write deathcore but still whatever they write will be drowned by breakdowns.

Yep. I don't see how their new album proved they were transitioning more to death metal. There were a couple solos, if I recall correctly, but the breakdowns greatly outnumbered them. All in all it was pretty much just a repeat of This is Exile.

mankvill
06-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Yep. I don't see how their new album proved they were transitioning more to death metal. There were a couple solos, if I recall correctly, but the breakdowns greatly outnumbered them. All in all it was pretty much just a repeat of This is Exile.

The JFAC scene kid army basically used the same useless argument when their last album came out.

JLRedWing13
06-26-2010, 09:12 PM
The JFAC scene kid army basically used the same useless argument when their last album came out.

Oh yes....Ruination.... :tp:

xStructualDefect
06-26-2010, 09:20 PM
whether you call it deathcore or not, Whitechapel's new album is great.

Magson13
06-27-2010, 02:48 AM
whether you call it deathcore or not, Whitechapel's new album is great.

Doesn't matter what you call it, I'll give you that one. When a band lacks talent and creativity, it doesn't matter what genre you call them. They still suck.

treghet
06-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Whitechapel
This is Exile (w/ wall of death)

The video of that wall of death is pretty hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwWL1fHzqk

IrritatedTrout
06-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Look at all those ninjas. :lol: I think I'd rather have cancer than go to Warped tour.

andrew_metalhead
06-27-2010, 07:37 AM
I think I'd rather have cancer than go to Warped tour.

CapnAwesome
06-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I think I'd rather have cancer than go to Warped tour.

Someone please get this person a trophy

evildeadjedi
06-27-2010, 08:06 AM
The video of that wall of death is pretty hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwWL1fHzqk

Yes it is :lol:

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 08:26 AM
........wow. How do you fuck up a wall of death...?

daimonos
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwWL1fHzqk

:wallbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOZUMpOhC0w

:agree:

Crionics
06-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Look at all those ninjas. :lol: I think I'd rather have cancer than go to Warped tour.

:lol: Lolz

:lol: lolz at the super fail during the breakdown

After another scan through warped tour's lineup...GBH is still the only band I'd like to see.

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOZUMpOhC0w

:agree:

daimonos
06-27-2010, 09:24 AM

I was in it! :D

elturtleboy
06-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Ugh bands like that give Warped Tour a bad name.
Legendary punk bands:GBH,FEAR,The Dickies,Angry Samoans,etc all played and most people go for the crappy bands that use middle of sentences for thier name...:lame:

evildeadjedi
06-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Ugh bands like that give Warped Tour a bad name.
Legendary punk bands:GBH,FEAR,The Dickies,Angry Samoans,etc all played and most people go for the crappy bands that use middle of sentences for thier name...:lame:

Exactly! Didn't The Adolescents also play at this date?

scott308
06-27-2010, 09:55 AM

I like the guy at 2:51 that looks like he is powerwalking. :D

elturtleboy
06-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Exactly! Didn't The Adolescents also play at this date?

Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock:punk:

evildeadjedi
06-27-2010, 11:14 AM

It's what I got into back at the end of high school and was deep into till 02' and I still like it!

Over the years, I have seen some great punk and hardcore bands at Warped Tour like: the Descendents, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, The Vandals, Warzone, Sick of it all, 7 seconds, Agnostic Front, Rancid (maybe), Dropkick Murhpy's, Suicidal Tendencies(cross over), CIV, Pennywise, NOFX, Anti-Flag, TSOL, Snapcase, FEAR, The Casualties, The Business, The Misfits, The Damned, and Total Chaos. Sadly, the tour has lost it's roots and is all about Mallcore and Emo today. Punk music is also fairly dead in my area there are very few punk shows anymore.

By the way, I'm very envious that the west coast is getting all the Bad Brains dates!

WageSlave
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM

haha that video is fucking funny as shit. God those kids are fucking sad, but when they come to MD all the ninjas are pretty much gonna get plowed the fuck over.

WageSlave
06-27-2010, 11:30 AM
I just dont get why the fuck people take the time to negatively comment on these things. Do you really not have anything else to do but to hate on what shows people go to or what genre they consider a band? fuckin sad in my opinion, whatever cause Warped Tour is the shit and while we're having fun outdoors and moshing it up to our favorite bands, youre sitting in a basement somewhere.

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I just dont get why the fuck people take the time to negatively comment on these things. Do you really not have anything else to do but to hate on what shows people go to or what genre they consider a band? fuckin sad in my opinion, whatever cause Warped Tour is the shit and while we're having fun outdoors and moshing it up to our favorite bands, youre sitting in a basement somewhere.

In a similar vein, then I wouldn't understand why people go on here to praise bands. It's equally futile. In the end, we all just love talking about music, whether it's good or bad.

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
In a similar vein, then I wouldn't understand why people go on here to praise bands. It's equally futile. In the end, we all just love talking about music, whether it's good or bad.

Indeed. It just so happens a lot of people think this music sucks. :D

WageSlave
06-27-2010, 12:39 PM

haha pretty valid point

mankvill
06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I can't wait 'til my Warped date. Andrew WK and The Dillinger Escape Plan + the myriad of other bands I like/have an interest in. It'll be great.

Crionics
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I can't wait 'til my Warped date. Andrew WK and The Dillinger Escape Plan + the myriad of other bands I like/have an interest in. It'll be great.

You better check out GBH!

xStructualDefect
06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
@Magson and who made you the metal elitist who decides what bands are good or not? why argue with someone and try to convince them that an album sucks when they enjoy it?

and by the way that wall of death may have not been the greatest but it was a lot of fun. they played at 12 when doors opened at 11. usually when bands play early they tend to not get as good pits as they would if they were to play later.

mankvill
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
You better check out GBH!

Not on my date.

Bands I wanna see on my date:

Alkaline Trio
Andrew W.K.
Deals Gone Bad
Every Time I Die
Eyes Set To Kill (eye-candy)
Fake Problems
Four Year Strong
iwrestledabearonce (just to shoot them dead)
Mayday Parade (to rub it in my friends face who loves them)
Parkway Drive
Pennywise
REEL BIG FISH :allan:
Riverboat Gamblers
Set Your Goals
Sum 41
The Casualties
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

:D too bad I don't get to see Paramore again. ( . Y . )

mankvill
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
@Magson and who made you the metal elitist who decides what bands are good or not? why argue with someone and try to convince them that an album sucks when they enjoy it?

you don't know the mothafuckin' Magson? He knows about all this shit, son.

Crionics
06-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Not on my date.

Alkaline Trio
Andrew W.K.
Deals Gone Bad
Every Time I Die
Eyes Set To Kill (eye-candy)
Fake Problems
Four Year Strong
iwrestledabearonce (just to shoot them dead)
Mayday Parade (to rub it in my friends face who loves them)
Parkway Drive
Pennywise
Riverboat Gamblers
Set Your Goals
Sum 41
The Casualties
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

Aww, good luck surviving iwrestledabearonce tho, might be tough ;).

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Not on my date.

Alkaline Trio
Andrew W.K.
Every Time I Die
Riverboat Gamblers
Sum 41

I like.

CapnAwesome
06-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have the Dillinger Escape Plan set? Just curious if they happen to pull out anything crazy for this tour...in that they're one of the VERY few bands I care about on this tour

xStructualDefect
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
check absolutepunk.net forums. there's a setlist thread that has all the collected sets on the first page.

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 04:15 PM

:lol: You can't win 'em all...

you don't know the mothafuckin' Magson? He knows about all this shit, son.

If he didn't post on here a lot, I'd say he must be new to metal, Magson is the man when it comes to troo metal vs. false metal.

Magson13
06-27-2010, 06:11 PM

and by the way that wall of death may have not been the greatest but it was a lot of fun. they played at 12 when doors opened at 11. usually when bands play early they tend to not get as good pits as they would if they were to play later.

I'm not the one who decides whether a band is good or not. The band themselves decide based on how long they practice their instruments, how much time and thought they put into their songs while writing, and how much work they put into practice. When a band like white chapel spends two minutes writing a four minute song, they suck. When the product of their work is identical to every other deathcore band, they suck. When you look at their tablature, you can see that it takes absolutely no skill to play their music. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of evaluating their skill. And they lack all skill.

If they played at noon, then everyone still had energy at that time. Those scene and emo faggots simply do not know what a real wall of death is, because they've never been to a real metal show.

daimonos
06-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not the one who decides whether a band is good or not. The band themselves decide based on how long they practice their instruments, how much time and thought they put into their songs while writing, and how much work they put into practice. When a band like white chapel spends two minutes writing a four minute song, they suck. When the product of their work is identical to every other deathcore band, they suck. When you look at their tablature, you can see that it takes absolutely no skill to play their music. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of evaluating their skill. And they lack all skill.

If they played at noon, then everyone still had energy at that time. Those scene and emo faggots simply do not know what a real wall of death is, because they've never been to a real metal show.

:agree: :party:

:nutkick:

:rocker:

causeofdeath
06-27-2010, 07:21 PM

couldnt have said that better myself. finally people who agree with my thoughts on deathcore..

TonyD
06-27-2010, 07:28 PM
couldnt have said that better myself. finally people who agree with my thoughts on deathcore..

You must not have been looking very hard.

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM

You must not have been looking very hard.

I'm not needed here, it seems.

elturtleboy
06-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!

powerslave_85
06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes! ahhh finally someone here appreciates punk rock:punk::lol:

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 12:15 AM

i'm probably gonna get shit for this but whatever.

i'll agree with you that most deathcore is shit, but i think Whitechapel is a great band. i'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you because it all comes down to opinion whether a band is good, not your BS skill shit. just because it's easy to play doesn't mean it's bad. so by your logic if something is easy to play and sounds identical to other bands it's shit right? i don't know what you listen but i could say the same about a lot genres. in my opinion A LOT of death metal sounds the same.

i'm not gonna waste my time arguing because it's pointless. in the end you're just gonna say they don't take any skill to play, they aren't true metal, and they suck. whatever, i get it. just get it through your head that everyone has different music tastes. and sorry if you weren't able to sleep knowing that i had such a fun time watching Suicide Silence and Whitechapel.

i'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but i'm just getting fucking fed up with metal elitists.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
How am I an elitist? I've stated it has nothing to do with genre, it comes down to talent, and elitists are people who deny bands simply based on what genre they are. I have listened to white chapel, and looked into their tablature. That does not equate to me being an elitist.

White chapel lacks skill, and therefore meets the definition of "sucks". You keep saying opinion, but it's a matter of fact. You cannot change the English language just because a band you like is not talented. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

You keep bringing in all this profanity, and personal attacks. If you cannot counter my points logically, then just stop kid. You're making yourself look like just another asshurt scene kid that cannot comprehend music.

Funny true definitions for metal elitists from urban dictionary:

1:A person who believes their metal music is superior to other people's music. These people only listen to metal music and categorize metal through sub-genres. Some metal elitists are so wound up, that they tend to only listen to one type of metal sub-genre. Metal Elitists are usually found listening to underground metal bands and cut down other people's musical taste if it is not up to par with their own.
2:A rude metalhead who tells people they "aren't a real metalhead" or a calls them a "poser" because they dont like/listen that particular sub-gerne of metal. They put others down for their musical taste or if they don't like the same bands as them, they think they know what "real metal" is.

and i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks, i just find it funny how you say "oh no, it's a fact they suck, it's not an opinion, it's just a fact." and i also find it hilarious that you automatically assume i'm a scene kid for listening to Whitechapel.

idrinkwine732
06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
categorize metal through sub-genres.

Well, I guess that makes all of us elitists

i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks,

Couldn't

Crionics
06-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Hey I like some punk :punk:

IrritatedTrout
06-28-2010, 09:37 AM

How official.

evildeadjedi
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Descendents before the break up? Ya lucky chump!

I feel extremly lucky seeing them back in '97. It seems they were in hiatus all the time. Milo was going to college or busy being a Research Biochemist. The other members renamed themselves "ALL" then the Descendants reformed for "Everything Sucks" then I believe after '97 Milo left again. Lavetta died in '08 and the living members are spread out all over the US.

makethemsuffer12
06-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Nah, we just don't go to festivals that suck.

Also, why does everyone seem to assume that everyone's computer is in their basement? :confused:

elturtleboy
06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey I like some punk :punk:

right on! Keep it crossover:horns:

JLRedWing13
06-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Punk is good stuff.

rjturtle9
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

I paused my Atheist for this shit?!?!?!

Everything about that video was fail. Seriously, I did not see a real Wall of Death or Pit in the 2 minutes i spent on that video before retreating back to my Itunes.

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I paused my Atheist for this shit?!?!?!

Everything about that video was fail. Seriously, I did not see a real Wall of Death or Pit in the 2 minutes i spent on that video before retreating back to my Itunes.

it was pretty lame, but it was fun. from other videos i've seen Whitechapel has gotten much better wall of deaths before. hopefully they get a better one at the Pomona date. also it was really fucking hot at the time. i got a headache being in the circle pits just for a min or so.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 02:55 PM

1:A person who believes their metal music is superior to other people's music. These people only listen to metal music and categorize metal through sub-genres. Some metal elitists are so wound up, that they tend to only listen to one type of metal sub-genre. Metal Elitists are usually found listening to underground metal bands and cut down other people's musical taste if it is not up to par with their own.
2:A rude metalhead who tells people they "aren't a real metalhead" or a calls them a "poser" because they dont like/listen that particular sub-gerne of metal. They put others down for their musical taste or if they don't like the same bands as them, they think they know what "real metal" is.

and i could care less that you're saying Whitechapel sucks, i just find it funny how you say "oh no, it's a fact they suck, it's not an opinion, it's just a fact." and i also find it hilarious that you automatically assume i'm a scene kid for listening to Whitechapel.

Oh man, urbandictionary.... That means it must be absolutely, 100% true. Just like wikipedia, there's absolutely no way that the information is incorrect.

It is a fact. I've already explained why, and I'm not going into it again. If you cannot comprehend that, then there is no hope for you to pass high school english class.

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh man, urbandictionary.... That means it must be absolutely, 100% true. Just like wikipedia, there's absolutely no way that the information is incorrect.

It is a fact. I've already explained why, and I'm not going into it again. If you cannot comprehend that, then there is no hope for you to pass high school english class.

it's a joke site in a way, those aren't facts, i never said it was. but what it says is pretty true.

again i'm not gonna argue with you with whole "it's a fact that they suck BS." by you're logic the only good bands are bands who write complicated tabs that you can musturbate to, such as Nile and Necrophagist (who i both like btw), but anything that is easy to play lacks skill and sucks is stupid logic.

and by the way i got a B and an A- in senior English class semesters and i maintain a 3.0 in college. do not try to make me feel like an idiot because "i don't understand why they suck" logic. get your fucking head out of your ass.

and don't respond to this. arguing with you is equivalent to arguing with someome on blabbermouth or youtube.

treghet
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
tabs that you can musturbate to

:lol: I had to.

mastodon421
06-28-2010, 03:52 PM
This a really stupid arguement. If you hate Whitechapel don't troll on the damn setlists for them. If you don't want to go to Warped Tour just keep your fucking thoughts to yourself.

btw has anyone found a Dillinger Escape Plan setlist? They are 90% of the reason I am going to Warped.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 04:22 PM
This a really stupid arguement. If you hate Whitechapel don't troll on the damn setlists for them. If you don't want to go to Warped Tour just keep your fucking thoughts to yourself.

And if someone trolls something you like, don't get butthurt defensive about it.

JLRedWing13
06-28-2010, 04:25 PM
And if someone trolls something you like, don't get butthurt defensive about it.

Indeed, you make it very easy for Maggie.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 05:01 PM
it's a joke site in a way, those aren't facts, i never said it was. but what it says is pretty true.

again i'm not gonna argue with you with whole "it's a fact that they suck BS." by you're logic the only good bands are bands who write complicated tabs that you can musturbate to, such as Nile and Necrophagist (who i both like btw), but anything that is easy to play lacks skill and sucks is stupid logic.

and by the way i got a B and an A- in senior English class semesters and i maintain a 3.0 in college. do not try to make me feel like an idiot because "i don't understand why they suck" logic. get your fucking head out of your ass.

and don't respond to this. arguing with you is equivalent to arguing with someome on blabbermouth or youtube.

You're the one who keeps saying the exact same thing, which I have disproven over and over again. You keep responding to me, but you make no valid points. I'm the one here that is having an argument with a troll, because you do not comprehend logic, yet you keep saying things.

I have never once said that it is wrong to like a band that sucks. All I've said is reasons why white chapel is not good. You're the one getting asshurt that a band you like is not good.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 05:03 PM

btw has anyone found a Dillinger Escape Plan setlist? They are 90% of the reason I am going to Warped.

Is this thread "whitechapel setlist"? No, it is not. It is a thread for Warped Tour setlists. Also, this website is for METAL setlists, not just setlists. And since white chapel is not metal, they do not belong here in the first place.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Is this thread "whitechapel setlist"? No, it is not. It is a thread for Warped Tour setlists. Also, this website is for METAL setlists, not just setlists. And since white chapel is not metal, they do not belong here in the first place.

Hey now! (http://www.metalsetlists.com/tags.php?tag=ben+folds)

Wizzbang11
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM

I don't think a single metal bands played warped tour, assuming deathcore does not count as metal.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't think a single metal bands played warped tour, assuming deathcore does not count as metal.

Discharge is playing a couple dates. That's kinda close, right?

Wizzbang11
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM

No matter how awesome Discharge (and GBH, The Casualties, etc.) are 'metal' is not how I would describe them. Close-yes, awesome-yes, metal-no.
All definitely punk bands.

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
You're the one who keeps saying the exact same thing, which I have disproven over and over again. You keep responding to me, but you make no valid points. I'm the one here that is having an argument with a troll, because you do not comprehend logic, yet you keep saying things.

I have never once said that it is wrong to like a band that sucks. All I've said is reasons why white chapel is not good. You're the one getting asshurt that a band you like is not good.

you haven't proved anything. i'm not defending Whitechapel at all, i could care less that you hate them and think they suck. but you're logic for saying it's a fact a band sucks is retarded. okay whatever, you think they suck, i think they're good. we're both different people so we have different music tastes.

and whether you like it or not deathcore and metalcore are considered metal no matter how "untr00 metal" you think they are.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
No matter how awesome Discharge (and GBH, The Casualties, etc.) are 'metal' is not how I would describe them. Close-yes, awesome-yes, metal-no.
All definitely punk bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpK1MHnHRVo

:party:

powerslave_85
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Casualties? Awesome? :lol: :lol:

Crionics
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Omg, my favorite punk band :punk:, where does it say their playing?

Wizzbang11
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Casualties? Awesome? :lol: :lol:

You know it :cool:

powerslave_85
06-28-2010, 06:08 PM
lulz. No one takes the bands with libery spikes and studded jackets seriously anymore, dude.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 06:14 PM
you haven't proved anything. i'm not defending Whitechapel at all, i could care less that you hate them and think they suck. but you're logic for saying it's a fact a band sucks is retarded. okay whatever, you think they suck, i think they're good. we're both different people so we have different music tastes.

and whether you like it or not deathcore and metalcore are considered metal no matter how "untr00 metal" you think they are.

You*
proven*
I'm*
I*
But*
your*
Okay*
I*
We're*
And*

Ya, you really passed English buddy.

I don't care about musical tastes. The fact is, they do not have skill. That's all there is to it.

No, they are not metal. Breakdowns are not metal, and that's all deathcore is. Dowtuned guitars, and breakdowns. That does not equate to metal.

evildeadjedi
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Very little "metal" has been at Warped Tour even though there have been tons of different genres of music present.

Body Count (rap metal but with balls) I remember when they played a bunch of people were booing and Ice-T said "All y'all motherfuckers booin, you probably think Ice-T shouldn't be up on this stage. You think I don't know shit about punk rock, about heavy metal, but you know what? I did joints with motherfuckin' Slayer. I did a joint with The Exploited. So fuck you!" After that the crowd stopped booing it was classic! After that they played "There goes the neighborhood" and the place went ballistic.

Black Tide
Underoath (christian metal count?)
Limp Bizkit (nu)
Sevendust (nu)
Deftones (nu)
Godsmack (nu)
Every time I die (core)
Killswitch Engage (core)
Rollins Band (tough call)
Andrew WK (party)
Avenged Sevenfold (core)
Bullet for My Valentine (core)
Valient Thorr

Wizzbang11
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
lulz. No one takes the bands with libery spikes and studded jackets seriously anymore, dude.

Hey.....I wear a studded jacket....

As far as I'm concerned punk fashion isn't nearly as bad as wigger deathcore/glam metal/scene stuff, and is on par with the whole retro thrasher look. To be quite honest I don't care what they look like.

bobisdead911
06-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I'll be doing one similar to this, except with Dillinger, dont know why u didnt watch them, theyre amazing, dont know if they played. Figured ud be an Emmure hater too.

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
You*
proven*
I'm*
I*
But*
your*
Okay*
I*
We're*
And*

Ya, you really passed English buddy.

I don't care about musical tastes. The fact is, they do not have skill. That's all there is to it.

No, they are not metal. Breakdowns are not metal, and that's all deathcore is. Dowtuned guitars, and breakdowns. That does not equate to metal.

yeah because i'm really going to type perfectly and capitalize everything that needs to be capitalized on a message board to prove to someone i don't even know that i can spell and write.

get your head out of your ass. deathcore and metalcore are subgenres of metal. they have hardcore influences so they have breakdowns. you're exactly like every loser metalhead on youtube that views bands they hate just to post a comment that says "this isn't true metal, this sucks, you kids don't know true metal."

xStructualDefect
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll be doing one similar to this, except with Dillinger, dont know why u didnt watch them, theyre amazing, dont know if they played. Figured ud be an Emmure hater too.

they played the same time as Suicide Silence so i chose them instead. i'm not a fan of DEP but i was interested in seeing them. i'm going again in august so i'll watch them then if they don't interfere with any other bands i want to see. and yeah i do hate Emmure but they were the first band playing and my friends wanted to see them so eh might as well.

Magson13
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
yeah because i'm really going to type perfectly and capitalize everything that needs to be capitalized on a message board to prove to someone i don't even know that i can spell and write.

get your head out of your ass. deathcore and metalcore are subgenres of metal. they have hardcore influences so they have breakdowns. you're exactly like every loser metalhead on youtube that views bands they hate just to post a comment that says "this isn't true metal, this sucks, you kids don't know true metal."

So you just expect everyone to believe you have an IQ higher than 85 because you say you do. Sure buddy.

Deathcore and metalcore may have stemmed from metal, but it is not metal. Just because something stems from something else, does not make them the same. It's called evolution. Or, in this case, de-evolution, since deathcore is lesser music than metal.

xStructualDefect
06-29-2010, 01:49 AM
So you just expect everyone to believe you have an IQ higher than 85 because you say you do. Sure buddy.

Deathcore and metalcore may have stemmed from metal, but it is not metal. Just because something stems from something else, does not make them the same. It's called evolution. Or, in this case, de-evolution, since deathcore is lesser music than metal.

you're trying way too hard to make me sound like an idiot. it's funny because i didn't insult you and then you started pulling out the grammer BS and calling me retarded. are you still in high school or what? as far as i know you can be 15.

okay whatever you're too stubbon to realize it's metal. whether how much you hate or how "untr00" you think it is, it's still metal.

mastodon421
06-29-2010, 03:38 AM

I know it is a Warped Tour setlist but everyone was going fucking crazy about Whitechapel so thats is why I made the statement.

Also I understand Whitechapel has breakdowns,downtuned guitars and are a deathcore band but if they aren't metal then what are they Disco? Country? GothTechnoCajunNunCore?

daimonos
06-29-2010, 06:56 AM
okay whatever you're too stubbon to realize it's metal. whether how much you hate or how "untr00" you think it is, it's still metal.

Also I understand Whitechapel has breakdowns,downtuned guitars and are a deathcore band but if they aren't metal then what are they Disco? Country? GothTechnoCajunNunCore?

They are Deathcore. I think that Deathcore is more of a subgenre of Hardcore than it is of Metal. It doesn't sound like Death Metal, it doesn't sound like Traditional Heavy Metal, but the music sure sounds alot more like Hardcore, with Death Metal vocals, and some Death Metal musical influences.

ShatteredFlame
06-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Alright, why does nobody realize that deathcore is a subgenre of metalcore, which is all in all a subgenre of hardcore? Metalcore = Metallic Hardcore "A combination of Hardcore Punk and Metal that began to take shape during the mid 1990s. What differentiates Metalcore from other combinations of Metal and Hardcore Punk, such as Crossover Thrash, is the emphasis on breakdowns and greater use of dissonance.". Then deathcore would be a fusion of death metal and metalcore.

My point is that people don't think hardcore is metal but they don't realize that even metalcore is influenced by hardcore. And overall shrugging a band off just because you don't consider them metal is stupid. Some of the most extreme bands in the world are immediately mocked when they end with the core suffix.

mastodon421
06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
They are Deathcore. I think that Deathcore is more of a subgenre of Hardcore than it is of Metal. It doesn't sound like Death Metal, it doesn't sound like Traditional Heavy Metal, but the music sure sounds alot more like Hardcore, with Death Metal vocals, and some Death Metal musical influences.

That is an accurate assessment I would say.

elturtleboy
06-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Body Count (rap metal but with balls) I remember when they played a bunch of people were booing and Ice-T said "All y'all motherfuckers booin, you probably think Ice-T shouldn't be up on this stage. You think I don't know shit about punk rock, about heavy metal, but you know what? I did joints with motherfuckin' Slayer. I did a joint with The Exploited. So fuck you!" After that the crowd stopped booing it was classic! After that they played "There goes the neighborhood" and the place went ballistic.

Now thats fuckin sick:horns:

powerslave_85
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey.....I wear a studded jacket....

As far as I'm concerned punk fashion isn't nearly as bad as wigger deathcore/glam metal/scene stuff, and is on par with the whole retro thrasher look. To be quite honest I don't care what they look like.
Well, I guess I worded that wrong. It's more the attitude those bands have that seems outdated and silly now. Punk has evolved so much over the years that running around with a mohawk going "GRAAAHHH, FUCK THE SYSTEM! ANARCHY!!111!!" makes you look like a jackass who's stuck in the 80's.

horrorbiz13
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
why the fuck did you skip dillinger for that shitty fucking band

Magson13
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Deathcore is not metal. If it was metal, then why isn;t it simply called metal? Because it is not metal. It is talentless garbage.

mankvill
06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Deathcore is not metal. If it was metal, then why isn;t it simply called metal? Because it is not metal. It is talentless garbage.

Magson knows what's up. *hi 5*

Still the only band I've heard that people call "deathcore" that isn't unlistenable garbage is Animosity, and they've broken up.

IrritatedTrout
06-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Why does it matter if it's metal or not? Either way it doesn't change the fact that anyone that enjoys it has repulsive taste in music.:D

xStructualDefect
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM

treghet
06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Magson knows what's up. *hi 5*

Still the only band I've heard that people call "deathcore" that isn't unlistenable garbage is Animosity, and they've broken up.

The Red Chord is good too, in my opinion, and I know a lot of people have labeled them as deathcore.

elturtleboy
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, I guess I worded that wrong. It's more the attitude those bands have that seems outdated and silly now. Punk has evolved so much over the years that running around with a mohawk going "GRAAAHHH, FUCK THE SYSTEM! ANARCHY!!111!!" makes you look like a jackass who's stuck in the 80's.

sad but true :(

mankvill
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Punk has evolved so much over the years

If you say one word about shitty bands like Andrew Jackson Jihad, I will slap your shit.

DethMaiden
06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
sad but true :(

Is it? That shit just gave punk a bad, inaccurate name. I'm way more satisfied with what's happening in punk right now than what was happening in the 80s.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't like a good number of "rah rah anarchy" first wave and second wave bands, but that shit does get old.

powerslave_85
06-30-2010, 08:16 AM
If you say one word about shitty bands like Andrew Jackson Jihad, I will slap your shit.
I love AJJ, but I wouldn't call them punk. Not musically, anyways.

elturtleboy
06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Punk rock nowaday is street punk. Bunch of bands trying to be british who cover Uk82 songs and just sing about Thier hair,beer,cops,and hating emo fashion. Its bullshit. Street punk is the only punk thats going on right now. Hardcore(real stuff) is coming back slowly but its kinda diffrent. There are still some great Powerviolence bands,and very few D-Beat bands but thats it. And pop punk still have fans i think.