PDA

View Full Version : Rob Halford's high pitched scream is back in his new single!

Travis The Dragon
06-25-2010, 05:31 PM
http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=14536

I absolutely love Nostradamus, but it's super great to hear that scream again! :party: :rocker:

ravenheart
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Nice to hear him actually do some metal again with Halford.

Indestructible
06-25-2010, 05:46 PM
:rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I liked it.

But I think I actually liked Nostradamus more. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2010, 08:53 PM
The Mower?

DethMaiden
06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow, and you thought A Matter of Life and Death had notes that a legendary metal vocalist couldn't get close to hitting anymore! :hecho: :hecho:

Maiden33
06-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Wow, and you thought A Matter of Life and Death had notes that a legendary metal vocalist couldn't get close to hitting anymore! :hecho: :hecho:

I have always thought Halford is overrated, but that was hardly the biggest issue with that song.

makethemsuffer12
06-26-2010, 07:03 AM
^ Halford > Your face.

The song was good, but it was really lacking in the riff department if you ask me.

Div
06-26-2010, 09:38 AM
the song is pretty mediocre, yea it sounds like metal and has all the proper parts, but its just not that interesting to me.

also, calling it "the mower" completely abolished any chance for me of ever taking this seriously.

SomewhereInTime72
06-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I have always thought Halford is overrated, but that was hardly the biggest issue with that song.

Yeah, basically the riffs are completely meh. Halford sounds like he's straining himself, but it's not so bad. (heck, I LOVE the way certain singers sound when you can tell they're really pushing themselves... aka bruce). It's just really forgettable, and makes me think of some song that was going to be put on Resurrection before they realized it wasn't good enough to be on the album.

JLRedWing13
06-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I have always thought Halford is overrated

Oh dear........

IrritatedTrout
06-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I thought it was good.

JRA
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Holy shit, fucking metalcore! Is it 2005 again? :hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho:

Maiden33
06-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh dear........

I've had this argument 300 times and I don't feel like having it again. I think Halford is overrated. Deal with it. :lol:

ravenheart
06-26-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't feel like having it again

Be honest, that's not 100% true. If it were, you wouldn't have even mentioned it :D

JLRedWing13
06-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I've had this argument 300 times and I don't feel like having it again. I think Halford is overrated. Deal with it. :lol:

If you're referring to the band Halford, it is acceptable. However, if you're talking about the vocalist himself, it seems a bit strange to me that you would think that. Either way it's cool, I was just surprised. ;)

Maiden33
06-26-2010, 10:17 PM
If you're referring to the band Halford, it is acceptable. However, if you're talking about the vocalist himself, it seems a bit strange that you would think that, but it's cool. ;)

I'm definitely referring to the vocalist. The Halford band is anything but overrated. "Resurrection" is my favorite album Rob has done, period.

JLRedWing13
06-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm definitely referring to the vocalist. The Halford band is anything but overrated. "Resurrection" is my favorite album Rob has done, period.
:hecho:

Moving on.....I agree that this song isn't very good....

makethemsuffer12
06-27-2010, 09:12 AM

http://img.maniadb.com/images/album/114/114405_1_f.jpg
I'm just gonna leave this here...

daimonos
06-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Thank you for sharing the same opinion on something with me for once.

:lol:

Maiden33
06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank you for sharing the same opinion on something with me for once.

You're welcome.

And @ Makethemsuffer: That'd be my #2 pick. :D

TonyD
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Meh
I'm not a fan of the high pitched thing for the record.

makethemsuffer12
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
And @ Makethemsuffer: That'd be my #2 pick. :D

Good boy.

daimonos
06-27-2010, 02:35 PM
For the record, I'm not a fan of Judas Priest :eek:

You may think I'm crazy, or "less metal" now, but it feels good to say it, I've been holding it in for awhile :lol:

Sanitarium78
06-27-2010, 03:40 PM
For the record, I'm not a fan of Judas Priest :eek:

You may think I'm crazy, or "less metal" now, but it feels good to say it, I've been holding it in for awhile :lol:

You're not less metal for liking them at all. In fact, I totally get it because only about half their stuff is any good. They truned to shit on Point Of Entry and didn't recover until Painkiller when they became Judas Priest again. Sure, they had some good songs between POE and RID put 90 percent of it was chessy and just plain bad.

TonyD
06-27-2010, 04:26 PM
You're not less metal for liking them at all. In fact, I totally get it because only about half their stuff is any good. They truned to shit on Point Of Entry and didn't recover until Painkiller when they became Judas Priest again. Sure, they had some good songs between POE and RID put 90 percent of it was chessy and just plain bad.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZMdFwon2pfg/SpgBFZfyC4I/AAAAAAAAJIk/33D9y0HcnKE/s400/Judas_Priest-Defenders_of_the_Faith.jpg

:finger:

SomewhereInTime72
06-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Not to mention

http://thisrecording.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/screaming-for-vengeance.jpg

DethMaiden
06-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Screaming for Vengeance is right up there with Stained Class, Sad Wings, and Painkiller for me. Not sure where this "they sucked in the 80s" theory comes from.

Dissimulate
06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
The song sounded good but needs riffs instead of just chugging.

TonyD
06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a feeling he hasn't heard anything from that era other than Turbo and Ram it Down

Sanitarium78
06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I have a feeling he hasn't heard anything from that era other than Turbo and Ram it Down

Yeah, you're completely right. I've been listening to metal for 20 years and have never heard the entire catalog of one of the top five most essential groups of the genre:tp:

I just think for the most part they were on auto-pilot in the 80s. They weren't putting in the effort or thought into most of the material like they should've done. Besides Free Wheel Burning, The Sentinal and Night Comes Down there isn't anything memorable about DOTF.

SFV is the same way for me. Electric Eye, Devil's Child and the title track are very good. Hell, for as over played as YGATC is that's still a solid song as well. But once again nothing else on that album is that memorable to me and isn't really anything I get a craving to hear with any regularity.

Every group has their slumps from time to time. In a career spanning 35 years it bound to happen. I think Judas Priest despite the great reputation they've earned as metal icons, which they do deserve btw, is one of the most inconsistant bands i've ever heard.

NecroRob
06-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Holy shit, fucking metalcore! Is it 2005 again? :hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this thought :eyes:

TonyD
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, you're completely right. I've been listening to metal for 20 years and have never heard the entire catalog of one of the top five most essential groups of the genre:tp:

I just think for the most part they were on auto-pilot in the 80s. They weren't putting in the effort or thought into most of the material like they should've done. Besides Free Wheel Burning, The Sentinal and Night Comes Down there isn't anything memorable about DOTF.

SFV is the same way for me. Electric Eye, Devil's Child and the title track are very good. Hell, for as over played as YGATC is that's still a solid song as well. But once again nothing else on that album is that memorable to me and isn't really anything I get a craving to hear with any regularity.

Every group has their slumps from time to time. In a career spanning 35 years it bound to happen. I think Judas Priest despite the great reputation they've earned as metal icons, which they do deserve btw, is one of the most inconsistant bands i've ever heard.
Sounds like you have inconsistent taste.

JRA
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
FV is the same way for me. Electric Eye, Devil's Child and the title track are very good. Hell, for as over played as YGATC is that's still a solid song as well. But once again nothing else on that album is that memorable to me and isn't really anything I get a craving to hear with any regularity.

RIDING ON THE WIND YOU MISERABLE FUCKSTICK!!! :mad:

IrritatedTrout
06-27-2010, 10:29 PM
For the life of me I'll never understand the extreme love for Sad Wings. I wouldn't say either decade of Priest is better than the other, both have high highs (SFV, DOTF, BS, HBFL, SC) and low lows (POE, RR, Turbo). Their great albums are all spread out across decades.

darkguardian50
06-27-2010, 11:10 PM
The Mower? WTF

How about we do a gardening trilogy.

The Mower, The Hoe, and The Rake

Do like the vocals though. Painkilleresque which I haven't heard from him in awhile. The song itself however?

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 11:16 PM

I burst out laughing when I read this.

TonyD
06-27-2010, 11:17 PM
For the life of me I'll never understand the extreme love for Sad Wings. I wouldn't say either decade of Priest is better than the other, both have high highs (SFV, DOTF, BS, HBFL, SC) and low lows (POE, RR, Turbo). Their great albums are all spread out across decades.

Way too much abbreviation for me to tell you if your taste in music sucks or not :lol:

Sanitarium78
06-28-2010, 10:32 AM

That song has never done anything for me at all. Not to sure why it gets the praise it does by some. Oh well, i've given my opinion on Judas Priest and that's that. What more can I tell ya?

ravenheart
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
That song has never done anything for me at all. Not to sure why it gets the praise it does by some. Oh well, i've given my opinion on Judas Priest and that's that. What more can I tell ya?

Me either. It's too by-the-numbers. It's like Priest covering Priest.

Natrlhi
06-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Besides Free Wheel Burning, The Sentinal and Night Comes Down there isn't anything memorable about DOTF.I always thought "Love Bites", "Eat Me Alive" and "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" were fun.

SFV is the same way for me. Electric Eye, Devil's Child and the title track are very good. Hell, for as over played as YGATC is that's still a solid song as well. But once again nothing else on that album is that memorable to me and isn't really anything I get a craving to hear with any regularity.I always thought the title track from SFV was pretty good as well.

Neither one of those albums is a British Steel, though. :fist:

es156
06-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I burst out laughing when I read this.

So did I.

JRA
06-28-2010, 10:30 PM
That song has never done anything for me at all.

Me either. It's too by-the-numbers. It's like Priest covering Priest.

I'm sure grabbing a woman's boobies during doggie style sex is too by-the-numbers, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

TonyD
06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sure grabbing a woman's boobies during doggie style sex is too by-the-numbers, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

:party:

jhdeity
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
So did I.

Me 3.

Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders were epic at that time. Maiden opened for Priest on the SFV Tour in 83 and at that time there was nothing more metal than that show.

Very few bands have tanked like Turbo but you have to realize the pressure they were under by the conglomerate record companies back then. Defenders was called a Screaming clone and sold just over half as many records so they were pressured to make more radio friendly crap. Everyone hated Turbo at the time but it sold as many as Defenders because we were diehard fans. Ram it Down sold half of that because we all heard Ram it Down was more like Turbo than Screaming. Painkiller was incredible but by that time Metallica and Slayer were ruling the scene and Priest had to earn their fans back.

I grew up with my brother subjecting me to Hell Bent for Leather every day for 2 years so that's my 2nd favorite studio album behind Sad Wings. I think it's Priest's most underrated album actually. As much as I like the earlier stuff I think all of the Unleashed in the East versions are better than the originals. To me UITE is not only the best live album ever made but Priest's masterpiece. I'll never forget the day my buddy came back from Germany and gave me the import version with the 4 additional songs. It's funny how a moment like that can totally change who you are. I own thousands of imports, cd singles and bonus tracks versions because of that I'm sure.

If you don't have Priest in the East, I can't possibly recommend it more. I'm sure it's cheap on ebay these days...

Natrlhi
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm sure grabbing a woman's boobies during doggie style sex is too by-the-numbers, but that doesn't make it any less fun.Your analogy, although potentially offensive to some, is quite accurate and entertaining at the same time. I enjoyed it. Thank you, sir. :party:

EDIT: To expand a bit further, "Riding on the Wind" is such an obvious little piece of additional fun - and it's right there in front of you, so why not enjoy it? If you fail to take advantage, the loss is all yours. ;)