PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mustaine performs with Metallica

mankvill
06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141969

Members of SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX joined METALLICA on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 22) in Sofia, Bulgaria to perform the DIAMOND HEAD classic "Am I Evil?" METALLICA's James Hetfield, MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine and ANTHRAX's Joey Belladonna all took turns singing, with various other bandmembers playing guitar, bass and pounding on snare drums.

...maybe I should go see that Big Four movie now...

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
WHAT THE FUCK???!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!

darkguardian50
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
I expected something like this, which is why I got tickets last week. Even if they don't show the whole 6 hours worth of music 4 hours is better than nothing.

Natrlhi
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
...maybe I should go see that Big Four movie now...I'm going in a couple of hours - I'll be sure to let you know how awesome it was. :finger:

TonyD
06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh shit.
Now this is thread worthy :lol:

mankvill
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm going in a couple of hours - I'll be sure to let you know how awesome it was. :finger:

I'd go if it wasn't 18 fucking dollars. I'll see if there's a torrent tomorrow.

darkguardian50
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
haven't seen the setlists from the other 3 but the Metallica setlist is pretty great (though I think at least two of the other Sonisphere ones were better). I rarely have complaints about their setlists though, Lars for as annoying as he may be sometimes, does a great job of coming up with their setlists.

Crionics
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Better be a vid soon

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Better be a vid soon

This.

TonyD
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Don't do that, dummy
http://i.adultswim.com/asfix/repository/8a25c392109799c3011098b1d6f40001/timeric_ep002_10.jpg
Buy a ticket to another movie, and sneak into it you bimbo, that's what I'm gonna do.

darkguardian50
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Ask and you shall recieve. Crappy quality though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wL5U3i8zs&feature=player_embedded

TonyD
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Fuck I wanna hear Mustaine singing though.
Full video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AdzqU4I1MM)

JRA
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I so thought "he's rick-rolling us" when I saw the title of this thread.

I wouldn't go see Dark Knight for that much. What a crock of shit.

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Dammit! The video is only the beginning :(

darkguardian50
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Hell yea. Where is Tom though?

Crionics
06-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Not much Slayer in there :tongue:

Shit I'm wishing I woulda bought tickets for the theater thing..

Sanitarium78
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
:wow:

Maybe everyone is putting all the shit that's happened and been said about each other through the years to rest now, hopefully. This gives me more hope that the big four will do a US tour.

Crionics
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Maybe everyone is putting all the shit that's happened and been said about each other through the years to rest now, hopefully. This gives me more hope that the big four will do a US tour.

Yesssss

evildeadjedi
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
They even hug at the end, I'm totally shocked! :eek: This is awesome to seem them putting the past behind would be so awesome if they tour the USA.

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I really have zero interest in the whole big four thing, which may surprise some of you as one of my all time favorite bands is among them. Meh. I just don't care, if I feel anything at all, it's annoyed, maybe?

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Just got home from seeing this. It was kinda cool, but really just like watching a DVD very loud on a very big screen.

Also, it wasn't live and there were songs cut.

I care about the big four thing and I don't. I do because a package show of four big bands that I like is always cool. But the specific bands, it doesn't really matter. Four big bands is four big bands and I don't consider this to be any more different or special than any other package show.

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
I care about the big four thing and I don't. I do because a package show of four big bands that I like is always cool. But the specific bands, it doesn't really matter. Four big bands is four big bands and I don't consider this to be any more different or special than any other package show.

Yeah, if I look at it like that, I hate it less, but all the hype, especially if this does come to the states, to me all I hear is Megadeth will get a shorter set than they normally would. Its novel, but Mustaine opening for Metallica is a disappointment.

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, if I look at it like that, I hate it less, but all the hype, especially if this does come to the states, to me all I hear is Megadeth will get a shorter set than they normally would. Its novel, but Mustaine opening for Metallica is a disappointment.

That doesn't disappoint me purely because it couldn't be expected to be any other way.

If they, for instance, added Testament or Overkill to the tour, and had them playing under Anthrax, I might be disappointed. Anthrax can cling onto the big four thing as much as they like (and Joey is sounding awesome right now, by the way - they belted out part of 'Heaven & Hell' tonight and at times it was like listening to Dio), but they're not that big at all. Certainly in Europe they can only play the same size venues as Testament and Overkill, and I'd put money on the other two selling more tickets too.

idrinkwine732
06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Mechanix jam plz.

mankvill
06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Mechanix jam plz.

THIS

Shit.

Sit Kirk down for one fucking song and do Mechanix with Dave.

The world will spin backwards.

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Setlists broadcast:

Anthrax
Caught In A Mosh
Got the Time
Madhouse
Antisocial
Indians/Heaven And Hell
I Am The Law

Megadeth
Holy Wars
Hangar 18
Headcrusher
In My Darkest Hour
Skin O' My Teeth
Hook In Mouth
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars (reprise)

Slayer
World Painted Blood
War Ensemble
Hate Worldwide
Seasons In The Abyss
Angel of Death
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
South of Heaven
Raining Blood

Metallica
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Harvester of Sorrow
Kirk solo (incl. Rock Bottom)
Fade To Black
Cyanide
One
Master of Puppets
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
--------------------
Am I Evil (w/ Megadeth and Anthrax)
Hit The Lights
Seek And Destroy

Judging by how light/dark it was during their respective sets I'm pretty sure Slayer actually played before Megadeth.

The recording will be released on DVD later this year.

mankvill
06-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Is that what's shown in theaters tonight?

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Is that what's shown in theaters tonight?

Well, it's what was shown in cinemas here, so I'm assuming you'll get the exact same film.

The whole thing runs for about 3 hours 45 minutes, and there's a tribute clip to RJD between Slayer and Metallica. Kerry talking about meeting Dio, then Lars, Mustaine and Scott Ian sitting together sharing Dio stories (sounds like Slayer are on stage in the background).

All in all:

Megadeth's setlist blows.
The guitar sound is shit for everyone but Metallica.
Slayer really don't seem into the Big Four thing, they're barely involved in any of the footage of the bands together.

idrinkwine732
06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
THIS

Shit.

Sit Kirk down for one fucking song and do Mechanix with Dave.

The world will spin backwards.

You know that would be one of the best live moments in metal history.

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 04:15 PM
That doesn't disappoint me purely because it couldn't be expected to be any other way.

I would not expect Megadeth to headline this and realize Metallica is bigger but that of course does not make them better. I just mean its dissappointing to me that it's actually happening. Metallica doesn't deserve top billing, and Megadeth can stand on their own. Combine that with personal politics and I have no interest at all. Yes, I am proud to be a Mustaine fangirl, and can't wait for the next Mustaine fueled fued on the road, if this tour even makes that far. :D

jhdeity
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Am I the only person happy to see Hook in Mouth? I love songs that really meant something at the time

Crionics
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Am I the only person happy to see Hook in Mouth? I love songs that really meant something at the time

I'm lucky enough to have seen that song live on the Endgame tour :cool:

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm lucky enough to have seen that song live on the Endgame tour :cool:

You're lucky that you even got the Endgame tour.

Seriously, the NY/Tri-State area got fucked on both the Endgame tour and the RIP 20th Anniversary tour (though it doesn't really matter because they're playing RIP on American Carnage).

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM

I always get excited when Hook in Mouth makes the set. I have no idea why RH said Megadeth's set was bad? I saw nothing to complain about there.

elturtleboy
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM

Crionics
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
You're lucky that you even got the Endgame tour.

Seriously, the NY/Tri-State area got fucked on both the Endgame tour and the RIP 20th Anniversary tour (though it doesn't really matter because they're playing RIP on American Carnage).

Well I'm not getting the Carnage which really sucks for me, these are my personal 1 and 2 bands in metal.

I always get excited when Hook in Mouth makes the set. I have no idea why RH said Megadeth's set was bad? I saw nothing to complain about there.

I agree mostly, although assuming they played all of RIP at this show, I would have personally prefered if something like Lucretia or Poison Was The Cure instead of Sweating Bullets

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I have no idea why RH said Megadeth's set was bad? I saw nothing to complain about there.

Because apart from 'Hook In Mouth' its the same boring set of songs they play every tour. Setlists that don't change suck. No exceptions.

mankvill
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Because apart from 'Hook In Mouth' its the same boring set of songs they play every tour. Setlists that don't change suck. No exceptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKiz9BFU1Q

BRING IT BACK

Crionics
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKiz9BFU1Q

BRING IT BACK

YESS

idrinkwine732
06-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Well, they don't suck the first time...

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Well, they don't suck the first time...

Which in most cases was 1991...

Also, the first time, it's not a setlist that hasn't changed ;)

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 07:05 PM

Atleast they didn't do Trust. I am so sick of that one, I especially hate when they close with it or save it for the encore.

300%_Density
06-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Thank you for finding a full video. That was just jaw dropping for me. I don't have any other words. Just jaw dropping.

darkguardian50
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
So my reactions to seeing it in the Theater were thus. Anthrax played a great set (that they showed I thought) and Joey sounded great on Heaven and Hell. You can really see how much he respected Ronnie. Also Joey is a giant cheeseball. Pretty bad sound, couldn't hear the guitars much.

Megadeth's set was hampered by a fucking monsoon but they played Hook in Mouth which is always awesome. What they showed was ok but it was heavy on Countdown stuff which I think is a damn shame. I have a feeling the stuff they didn't show was probably awful. The first sonisphere show set was killer and they did all of RIP but the one from the last show was awful, they had taken out most of RIP and put in a bunch of garbage. I love Sweating Bullets so was glad to see that but Skin O My Teeth? Also the sound was horrendous. Guitars were tinny and Mustaine sounded fucking awful. I dunno if he just can't sing anymore but it was pretty embarassing. Sweating Bullets was the only song he sounded ok on.

Slayer played a killer set that they showed. Tom sounded great. Hanneman and King both look like morons but thats nothing new. Sound was once again horrendous. At this point I was really worried.

Metallica however sounded great. A slight bit tinny but much better than the others. I hope they fix these sound issues in post production on the DVD cause if they release it as is, its a joke. Metallica set was terrific, what they showed but I was disappointed that we didn't at least get one more song. This was supposed to be 4 hours. I would have liked to see Blackened or All Nightmare Long. The Big Four thing was truly amazing. And Dave sounded good here so I wonder if his awful vocals earlier were related to the weather or bad mixing. The only guy I saw from Slayer out there DURING Am I Evil was (I think) Lombardo. I wonder if the band wasn't able to practice it? Cause Tom came out afterwards and I think I saw Kerry as well. I love Seek and Destroy but I'm ready for them to pick a new closer now...

I feel like I mostly got my money's worth. The awful sound for a large portion of the show really pissed me off though. I don't think I would go see something like this again, largely because of that.

gilpdawg
06-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm not exactly excited about this thing touring the US if it ever happens. They could only play giant places, and ticket prices will be astronomical and metal in huge venues usually disappoints because the sound usually sucks ass. I'd rather see things like the Carnage tour, or the Megadeth/Exodus/Testament tour earlier this year, and then see Metallica on their own.

All that being said, if it does come to the US, I'm sure I'd go anyway.

idrinkwine732
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Which in most cases was 1991...

So you admit defeat!

USA - 1 United Kingdom - 0

:jima:

TonyD
06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I just got back, that was pretty fun. I got there right after Darkest Hour and was just kinda bummed that I missed Headcrusher and H&H, but oh well.
I have to agree that this whole thing is overhyped but cool at the very least.
Always glad to see Hook in Mouth, but Looking Down the Cross would be a shit-my-pants song.

Fires Of Sedition
06-22-2010, 11:43 PM
That was pretty sweet. Dave sounded...weird, though. Forgot that was last night. Oh well, I'll youtube it later.

JLRedWing13
06-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, with RIP in Megadeth's set on Carnage, most of those songs won't make our set. Even though I do want to see all of those songs live eventually.....

ravenheart
06-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Atleast they didn't do Trust. I am so sick of that one, I especially hate when they close with it or save it for the encore.

Actually, they probably did and it just wasn't broadcast. There were definitely songs cut all night.

ravenheart
06-23-2010, 12:40 AM
So you admit defeat!

USA - 1 United Kingdom - 0

:jima:

Clearly not ;)

Sanitarium78
06-23-2010, 09:50 AM

I don't recall them ever closing with Trust. But I don't like it when they throw it in the encore either. I know the song was one of their last "hits" in the US but it's not important enough to warrant and encore slot. It's one of those songs that works in the middle of a set better. Plus, I always thought the riff kicked ass so I don't mind that it gets played so often. Sure there are plenty of better songs that they can play instead and don't at all. But this is Megadeth we're talking about here so we know that won't happen.

The video of all of them doing Am I Evil together is amazing. Especially for someone like me who grew up listening to these bands. It's just so surreal to see Dave, James and Scott side by side playing together:rocker: A very historic moment in metal if you ask me.

Does anyone know when the last time Mustiane and Hetfield played together on stage? I'm guessing that it was when Dave was still with Metallica.

ravenheart
06-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know when the last time Mustiane and Hetfield played together on stage? I'm guessing that it was when Dave was still with Metallica.

:lol: clearly not since then!

daimonos
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM

I think I read somewhere that it was 1983

Sanitarium78
06-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I figured it hadn't been since 1983. I was 99 percent sure on that one. Just wanted to check and make sure that something weird didn't happen at a festival or whatever before yesterday.

PlaysWithKnives
06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Mustaine, Slayer and Metallica together? I wonder if they patched things up or they were just doing it for the fun of it?. Either way pretty cool.

ravenheart
06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Mustaine, Slayer and Metallica together? I wonder if they patched things up or they were just doing it for the fun of it?. Either way pretty cool.

Given that they're doing a whole tour, of sorts, I think it's pretty clear things are at least a little better :lol:

JLRedWing13
06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
That jam is just amazing.

ravenheart
06-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Turns out Megadeth actually played the Rust In Peace set at this show, but most of the songs were cut from the broadcast.

The following songs were cut from each band's broadcast set:

Anthrax
N.F.L.
Only

Megadeth
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Tornado of Souls
Lucretia
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace... Polaris

Slayer
Jihad
Dead Skin Mask
Disciple

Metallica
Fuel
The Four Horsemen
That Was Just Your Life
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Blackened
Stone Cold Crazy

The double DVD will be released in September and will include the complete sets.

makethemsuffer12
06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Turns out Megadeth actually played the Rust In Peace set at this show, but most of the songs were cut from the broadcast.

Anthrax
N.F.L.
Only

Megadeth
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Tornado of Souls
Lucretia
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace... Polaris

Slayer
Jihad
Dead Skin Mask
Disciple

Metallica
Fuel
The Four Horsemen
That Was Just Your Life
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
Blackened
Stone Cold Crazy

The double DVD will be released in September and will include the complete sets.

Wow, they really cut out a lot of good stuff. I'm definately buying the DVD when it comes out (or the Blu-Ray, if they release one).

Natrlhi
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM

Anthrax
N.F.L.

Slayer
Disciple

Metallica
Fuel
The Four Horsemen
Blackened:bawling: :mad: :(

The Green and Black
06-24-2010, 08:49 AM

Megadeth
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Tornado of Souls
Lucretia
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace... Polaris

So no Trust, then! Yay!!!!!!!!! :party:

And another Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

darkguardian50
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Anthrax
N.F.L.
Only

Megadeth
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Tornado of Souls
Lucretia
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace... Polaris

Slayer
Jihad
Dead Skin Mask
Disciple

Metallica
Fuel
The Four Horsemen
That Was Just Your Life
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
Blackened
Stone Cold Crazy

I dunno where you got this info but its wrong

This is Metallica's setlist:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
That Was Just Your Life
Cyanide
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Am I Evil? w/ The Big Four
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

They didn't play Stone Cold Crazy or The Four Horsemen. Thats not to say it won't be included on the DVD, I'm sure they shot footage from other shows but they didn't play it at the Sofia show. That being said has anyone for sure gotten Megadeth's Setlist?

Sanitarium78
06-24-2010, 09:24 AM
That being said has anyone for sure gotten Megadeth's Setlist?

I got Megadeth's set in a thread I created fro this show in the setlists section here:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13865

They DID NOT perform all of RIP at this show. They haven't done it at the other Big Four shows either. Probably because of time restrictions they wanna make the set better balanced i'm guessing.

ravenheart
06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
LOL I just went back to where I saw this and they've completely changed the setlists!

Anthrax apparently did not play N.F.L., but instead Medusa and Be All, End All.

Megadeth didn't play the Rust In Peace set. Instead Trust (sorry G&B!), A Tout Le Monde and Wake Up Dead.

Slayer didn't play Dead Skin Mask. Instead Beauty Through Order.

And as stated above, Metallica didn't play The Four Horsemen or Stone Cold Crazy.

The rest is right.

ravenheart
06-24-2010, 09:48 AM
They DID NOT perform all of RIP at this show. They haven't done it at the other Big Four shows either.

They did it in Poland.

DethMaiden
06-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I definitely am going to get this DVD. Piece of rock n' roll history, this is.

ravenheart
06-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I definitely am going to get this DVD. Piece of rock n' roll history, this is.

I am too, not because I give a fuck about the history thing, but because the performances are good and the footage is great quality. Plus, if the price is semi-sensible, it'll be good value.

darkguardian50
06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
I got Megadeth's set in a thread I created fro this show in the setlists section here:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13865

They DID NOT perform all of RIP at this show. They haven't done it at the other Big Four shows either. Probably because of time restrictions they wanna make the set better balanced i'm guessing.

They did at the first Big Four show. Then for reasons I'll never understand Dave changed the set. They should have just kept it till the Sonisphere run ended. It makes for an unbalanced set, but also a fantastic one. I'm glad to see Hook in Mouth in as well as Wake Up Dead, but thats about it.

The Green and Black
06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
I am too, not because I give a fuck about the history thing, but because the performances are good and the footage is great quality. Plus, if the price is semi-sensible, it'll be good value.

I want it too, but only for Megadeth. :D Maybe Anthrax, Possibly Slayer. And yeah, that's all the bands, right? Am I missing anyone? hmm Nope!

Crionics
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Also what's the thing with Jeff gaining weight? I watched some vids, he didn't look like he gained much weight.

ravenheart
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Also what's the thing with Jeff gaining weight?

That's easy. He gained weight.

Next!

Crionics
06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
That's easy. He gained weight.

Next!

Damn doesn't look like it, atleast in the Warsaw vids.

Maybe I'm a Jeff fanboy :eyes:

TonyD
06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
He can eat Dino Cazares for all I care, cause he writes the better songs.

evildeadjedi
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM
He can eat Dino Cazares for all I care, cause he writes the better songs.

:lol: :horns:

Natrlhi
06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL I just went back to where I saw this and they've completely changed the setlists!

Anthrax apparently did not play N.F.L., but instead Medusa and Be All, End All.

Megadeth didn't play the Rust In Peace set. Instead Trust (sorry G&B!), A Tout Le Monde and Wake Up Dead.

Slayer didn't play Dead Skin Mask. Instead Beauty Through Order.

And as stated above, Metallica didn't play The Four Horsemen or Stone Cold Crazy.

The rest is right.

Well in that case:

Anthrax
Be All, End All

Slayer
Disciple
Beauty Through Order

Metallica
Fuel
Blackened:bawling: :mad: :(

JLRedWing13
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Fuuuuuu! I love Be All, End All....

The Green and Black
06-25-2010, 07:16 AM
They did at the first Big Four show. Then for reasons I'll never understand Dave changed the set. They should have just kept it till the Sonisphere run ended.

I understand why Dave changed the set, with news of the Rust in Peace DVD being released, would not make much sense to do the same set with Big Four and have it released on another DVD set in the same timeframe. Different sets, better value! :D Also, if Rust in Peace was on the Big Four DVD, a lot of people would not have a reason to buy the Rust in Peace DVD. It was a good business move, and better for us fans in the long run.

ravenheart
06-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, for this show it makes sense. And seeing as they're not playing this set all the time, I can understand why he did it for two or three shows before this one, so they were match fit for the filming.

Plus... TRUST :fingers:

The Green and Black
06-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Plus... TRUST :fingers:

:lol: I know I have been bitching about this song a lot this week, but I actually like Cryptic Writings as a whole, and don't really hate this song on it's own, but I'm tired of them playing it, and people waiting for it, like it's so fucking monumental! The only Megadeth album I can't get into at all, is Risk. I have actually been meaning to dig that one out again and give it a spin. I own it for completion purposes, but never play it, really.

ravenheart
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
I actually like Risk. And I LOVE The World Needs A Hero.

Cryptic Writings is OK, but too many forgetable songs for me.

The Green and Black
06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I actually like Risk. And I LOVE The World Needs A Hero.

Cryptic Writings is OK, but too many forgetable songs for me.

Youthanasia is my favorite later album by them.

As for World Needs a Hero, if not for Moto Psycho (and the horrible video with cheerleaders) and not for the sampled woman speaking on 1000 Times Goodbye, and not for Mustaine whining all over that album, then it might be good? Ehh, nevermind, I don't like that record very much! :lol: Disconnect is kind of cool though.

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Youthanasia is my favorite later album by them.

As for World Needs a Hero, if not for Moto Psycho (and the horrible video with cheerleaders) and not for the sampled woman speaking on 1000 Times Goodbye, and not for Mustaine whining all over that album, then it might be good? Ehh, nevermind, I don't like that record very much! :lol: Disconnect is kind of cool though.

lol, Mustaine whines over every album, new and old.

davidis138
06-29-2010, 11:26 AM
lol, Mustaine whines over every album, new and old.

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWk-P9rsp0

mankvill
06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
This:

SHIT

I WAS WATCHING THIS LAST NIGHT

AND I WAS LIKE

"HOLY FUCK HE DIDN'T SOUND THIS FUCKING STUPID WHEN I SAW THEM LIVE WHAT THE FUCK"

SomewhereInTime72
06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Hook in Mouth is the kind of song that sounds better if it's screamed by a fucked up heroin addict.

makethemsuffer12
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Hook in Mouth is the kind of song that sounds better if it's screamed by a fucked up heroin addict.

Just like the rest of Megadeth's catalog...

SomewhereInTime72
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Just like the rest of Megadeth's catalog...

Haha, I dunno about that. First three albums... definitely. After SFSGSW their music was no longer the kind where you could smell the addiction just by listening to it.

davidis138
06-29-2010, 10:04 PM
SHIT

AND I WAS LIKE

"HOLY FUCK HE DIDN'T SOUND THIS FUCKING STUPID WHEN I SAW THEM LIVE WHAT THE FUCK"

It's kinda sad to hear sometimes yeah. His snarl has gone to like a complain.

Strobic Axe
06-30-2010, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=darkguardian50;284736]

Metallica however sounded great. A slight bit tinny but much better than the others. I hope they fix these sound issues in post production on the DVD cause if they release it as is, its a joke. [QUOTE]

Post production for the DVD will involve burying the guitars & bass so all we really hear are the vocals and every drum beat amplified to twice the normal level.

The Green and Black
07-09-2010, 05:53 AM
SHIT

AND I WAS LIKE

I didn't think it was THAT BAD. A few parts he sounded drunk and constipated though.

ravenheart
07-09-2010, 06:32 AM
A few parts he sounded drunk and constipated though.

So, normal, then ;)

The Green and Black
07-09-2010, 08:04 AM
So, normal, then ;)

:lol: Precisely!

JLRedWing13
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I have been waiting so long to see them live....lol.

larvtard
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
This:

Looks like he's reading his own lyrics :lol:

Or maybe he's lacking confidence :boohoo: :violin:

davidis138
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Looks like he's reading his own lyrics :lol:

Or maybe he's lacking confidence :boohoo: :violin:

I think lacking confidence more like it. He might know that "hey this doesn't sound the same. I sound whiny."