PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Osbourne -- Hollywood, CA -- June 20th, 2010

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Iron Maiden on Saturday + Ozzy on Sunday = BEST WEEKEND EVER.

This was a very rare club show by Ozzy at the Hollywood House of Blues. He also did a signing session before the show at the Amoeba store, where people bought the CD ($11), got to meet Ozzy and got a free ticket to the show.

Pictures: http://metalassault.com/image.php?y=2010&m=6&s=Ozzy&d=20&i=39

Set list:

1. Bark At The Moon
2. Let Me Hear You Scream
3. Mr. Crowley
4. I Don't Know
5. Fairies Wear Boots
6. Suicide Solution
7. Shot In The Dark
8. Iron Man
9. Crazy Train
Encore:
10.I Don't Want To Change The World
11.Paranoid

Chrispat
06-21-2010, 02:34 AM
No war pigs?????

How was Gus G????

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 02:37 AM
No war pigs?????

How was Gus G????

He was great. \m/

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Link to pics posted.

daimonos
06-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Fairies Wear Boots.

Awesome.

Crionics
06-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Suicide Solution yasssss

The Ghost at Number One
06-21-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm glad that he's kept Shot in the Dark in there...but it's not enough to get me to go see him again.

TonyD
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
I hope Fairies isn't the only Sabbath song he was talking about pulling out.

BlackmoreOfBowling
06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
5. Fairies Wear Boots

YES!!!! :rocker:

PowerMaiden
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
how is he on stage, still with telepromptor ?? does he move a bit ?? how's his voice ??

I saw him with Sabbath in 1999 and solo in 2002 and already there it was awful ? I mean the Sabbath gig was obviously special because of the reunion but Ozzy's performance was barelly ok. And that 2002 gig , outch ...

Love the guy to death, that Ultimate Sin gig back in '86 at the old forum was amazing, but when you can't deliver anymore you just have to retire

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
but when you can't deliver anymore you just have to retire

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Can't agree. Ask anyone who was at the gig. And yes he still uses a tele prompter, but so do James Hetfield and Rob Halford. :)

makethemsuffer12
06-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Can't agree. Ask anyone who was at the gig. And yes he still uses a tele prompter, but so do James Hetfield and Rob Halford. :)

lolwut? I know that Rob looks down a lot, but I don't think he uses one. Hetfield definately doesn't, considering he still fucks up the words from time to time :lol:

PowerMaiden
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM

:lol: those 2 are not a reference to me hahaha , funny one !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
lolwut? I know that Rob looks down a lot, but I don't think he uses one. Hetfield definately doesn't, considering he still fucks up the words from time to time :lol:

They do. I've seen pictures.

Onioner
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't know if Rob still uses teleprompters anymore. It was very noticeable on the Metal Masters Tour in 08 when his "stage presence" consisted of staring at the floor, but when I saw Priest last year on the British Steel tour, Rob was comparatively all over the place.

idrinkwine732
06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
got a free ticket to the show.

Is he having trouble selling out a show that small?

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Is he having trouble selling out a show that small?

I really don't understand the hate. He played a special show for his fans and made sure that everyone could afford it. And no he isn't having any trouble selling tickets. Ozzfest is $250 I hear.

idrinkwine732
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I really don't understand the hate. He played a special show for his fans and made sure that everyone could afford it. And no he isn't having any trouble selling tickets. Ozzfest is $250 I hear.

No, I'm not hating at all, it's just I'm confused when an artist of his caliber can give away free tickets like that.

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
No, I'm not hating at all, it's just I'm confused when an artist of his caliber can give away free tickets like that.

Well it was not free technically. It was a way to sell the albums I would say. We got a free ticket with the CD, not a free ticket period. That's almost a 1000 copies sold on the first day!

makethemsuffer12
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
They do. I've seen pictures.
Pics or it didn't happen!

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!

Fair enough. I'll find some! :)

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Hetfield tele prompter:

http://www.encycmet.com/news/teleprompter.jpg

makethemsuffer12
06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Okay, I believe you now :lol:

JLRedWing13
06-21-2010, 06:42 PM
:lol:

I didn't know that.

ricky4502
06-21-2010, 10:39 PM
shit!!!! it just had to fall on fathers day! if i would've known about the show being free with the album purchase at amobea i would have gone! i'm so pissed! then again i think i left my wife and daughter long enough this weekend by going to the maiden show.

i highly doubt the chance to see ozzy in a small venue will ever come again

how's the new album?

Maiden33
06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Gus G. :(

rjturtle9
06-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Hetfield tele prompter:

http://www.encycmet.com/news/teleprompter.jpg

:eek: WOW

ricky4502
06-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Gus G. :(

not a fan of firewind?

Maiden33
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
not a fan of firewind?

No, I'm a HUGE fan of Firewind/Gus G's playing/his various projects. I'm upset that he's playing with Ozzy instead of doing something I give a damn about.

Sanitarium78
06-22-2010, 06:04 AM
I knew about Halford and Ozzy using telepromters but I never knew Hetfield did. I guess I never thought he did it because he moves around the stage too much and he tends to goof up words to songs sometimes live as well. There must be several of them on stage for James since their arena stage is in the middle of the floor. I'm guessing they got them set up at each mic stand for him then. It does make sense though considering there's always 7 or 8 different songs in the set every night. I know when i'm singing along with songs i've heard a ton of times I still goof up words ocassionally. So, it's deffinately understandable.

Geddy Lee from Rush has been using a telepromter for many years now. I don't think of an artist any different in they use one. Where all human and even though you may have done something a 1,000 times it doesn't mean that on the 1,001 time you won't fuck up.

daimonos
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Geddy Lee from Rush has been using a telepromter for many years now. I don't think of an artist any different in they use one. Where all human and even though you may have done something a 1,000 times it doesn't mean that on the 1,001 time you won't fuck up.

If you're as awesome as Geddy Lee and rockin' the bass like he does, you have complete and total permission and acceptance from everyone for using a teleprompter.

Right?

:light:

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
What I want to know is if Ozzy lip-synched "Let Me Hear You Scream" at the show like he did on Kimmel.

es156
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Geddy Lee from Rush has been using a telepromter for many years now.

Now that I have not heard before. What is your source?

Sanitarium78
06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Now that I have not heard before. What is your source?

I can't say for sure but it's something I read about on either a Rush message board or newsletter years ago. It had to be in the mid 90s is when I first heard of it. They do play a lot of songs and Geddy is quite busy with bass/keyborads/vocals so I didn't really doubt the validity of it at all. Look at their live performances as well. Geddy does seem to be looking down a lot.

UnleashTheWolves
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Will it be a waste of my time if I listen to scream. I have heard two songs from this album and they are nothing special I just want to know if there is something else I could spend 40+ minutes doing.

Sanitarium78
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Will it be a waste of my time if I listen to scream. I have heard two songs from this album and they are nothing special I just want to know if there is something else I could spend 40+ minutes doing.

There are a million better things you can do with that time trust me. A lot of people seem to be liking this album but i'm not hearing it at all. I'm not an Ozzy hater at all. Black Rain was the first album he did I didn't like and Scream is the second. Honestly, you should listen to it yourself so you can develope your own opinion on it.

I thought Zakk was fired before the recording of this album? It sure as hell doesn't sound like he was. Gus G isn't doing anything special or out of the ordinary on it, despite the praise he seems to get by some people. Maybe he has some good stuff before he joined Ozzy, I wouldn't know since i've never heard any of it. But just judging him by this album, there's nothing special at all.

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Don't listen to any hype. It sucks.

snowdog2112
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Geddy used a telepromter on the Counterparts and Test For Echo tours.As far as I know he doesn't use them anymore

rjturtle9
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Geddy used a telepromter on the Counterparts and Test For Echo tours.As far as I know he doesn't use them anymore

By the way, you have the best avatar here! Awesome! :allan:

JLRedWing13
06-23-2010, 12:46 AM
I thought Zakk was fired before the recording of this album? It sure as hell doesn't sound like he was. Gus G isn't doing anything special or out of the ordinary on it, despite the praise he seems to get by some people. Maybe he has some good stuff before he joined Ozzy, I wouldn't know since i've never heard any of it. But just judging him by this album, there's nothing special at all.

Gus didn't do any of the writing for the album, he was basically playing over pre-written Zakk guitar parts.

TonyD
06-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Geddy and Hetfield I can understand using a teleprompter. Ozzy using one is a little embarrasing, since he probably hasn't altered his set by more than 2 songs per tour in 20 years.
Fun fact: I saw the lyrics to The Last Baron printed on 3-4 pieces of paper for Brent on Mastodon's first tour after CTS came out. The moar you know.

idrinkwine732
06-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Geddy and Hetfield I can understand using a teleprompter. Ozzy using one is a little embarrasing, since he probably hasn't altered his set by more than 2 songs per tour in 20 years.
Fun fact: I saw the lyrics to The Last Baron printed on 3-4 pieces of paper for Brent on Mastodon's first tour after CTS came out. The moar you know.

They did it with the Czar too.

JLRedWing13
06-23-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't blame them lol.

HeartOfADragon
06-23-2010, 02:02 AM
I don't get all the Ozzy hate going around. Just because he isn't up to your standards doesn't mean he's shit. I listened to the entirety of Scream and didn't find one song I hated. And I'm not just some fanboy going "zomg ozzy is teh greatness!!11!!" Ozzy is still a phenomenal performer. Keep in mind, dude is old. Give him some fucking props for still doing what he does in his old age.
And so what if he uses a goddamn teleprompter? So does Prince. It doesn't make him any less of a singer. Ozzy still works for his fans, the signing/free show was a testament to that. If you don't like the album, don't listen to it, and quit with the Ozzy bashing. :bouville:

EvilCheeseWedge
06-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't get all the Ozzy hate going around. Just because he isn't up to your standards doesn't mean he's shit. I listened to the entirety of Scream and didn't find one song I hated. And I'm not just some fanboy going "zomg ozzy is teh greatness!!11!!" Ozzy is still a phenomenal performer. Keep in mind, dude is old. Give him some fucking props for still doing what he does in his old age.
And so what if he uses a goddamn teleprompter? So does Prince. It doesn't make him any less of a singer. Ozzy still works for his fans, the signing/free show was a testament to that. If you don't like the album, don't listen to it, and quit with the Ozzy bashing. :bouville:

:fist: