10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

This was my 2nd time seeing Maiden so I got no complaints about the set list. I just would've preferred BTATS over Wrathchild and DOD over Paschendale but they're all great songs. Would have been nice if they played The Evil That Men Do, Stranger In A Strange Land, Wasted Years or for rare shit Mother Russia or Sea Of Madness instead of the classics that they did play. To my surprise people actually went nuts over Wrathchild and there was no booing as far as I remember. Just one dude behind me yelled "what the fuck?!" at the end because he thought they were going to do another encore because the stage had been dark for about 2 minutes after Running Free. Seemed like everybody else thought so too cuz they all stuck around. Of course thanks to this site, I knew better.

Fe Maiden
06-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Rod came out and announced that the band decided to delay the show until 9:30 instead of 9:00 since so many people were still getting in.

The sound was LOUD!!! Almost too loud to the point where it gets distorted a bit.

Was very happy with my seats! Just left of center a few rows in front of the sound boards. Thanks fanclub pre-sale!

The backdrops were just plain awesome!

It was very cool when Bruce dedicated Blood Brothers to RJD.

Bruce mentioned 25,000 in attendance. Seemed like more to me.

I hated the fact that some assholes were lighting fires in the lawn as the smell was acrid and unpleasant.

Glad I brought pennies with me! Some dude 2 rows in front of us decided to stand on his seat. After he got hit in the head with a few pennies, he got down and later sat and left early.

Did anyone else see that owl flying over the crowd during the encores? It came up from behind the stage and looked damn cool!

Dream Theater were quite impressive and loud as well!

And I loved the fact that we got PASCHENDALE! I'd take that over DOD anytime!

The line to get in was soooooooo long! Holy shit! I've never been in a line that long!

Left my son in line and went to the merch stand to get my shirt. Nice selection of merch!

We left right after HBTN because I feared getting out of the parking lot was going to be hell. Once we got to the car (long fucking walk) it took 3 minutes to be on the freeway!

tyrantchef
06-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Any idea how many people in attendance? Was this their first time HEADLINING this venue? I read on another site people speculating that this could be their largest US headlining show ever.

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I can't wait for next month, this needs to hurry up and get to the east coast.:light:

ricky4502
06-20-2010, 08:30 AM
ORod came out and announced that the band decided to delay the show until 9:30 instead of 9:00 since so many people were still getting in.

The sound was LOUD!!! Almost too loud to the point where it gets distorted a bit.

Was very happy with my seats! Just left of center a few rows in front of the sound boards. Thanks fanclub pre-sale!

The backdrops were just plain awesome!

It was very cool when Bruce dedicated Blood Brothers to RJD.

Bruce mentioned 25,000 in attendance. Seemed like more to me.

I hated the fact that some assholes were lighting fires in the lawn as the smell was acrid and unpleasant.

Glad I brought pennies with me! Some dude 2 rows in front of us decided to stand on his seat. After he got hit in the head with a few pennies, he got down and later sat and left early.

Did anyone else see that owl flying over the crowd during the encores? It came up from behind the stage and looked damn cool!

Dream Theater were quite impressive and loud as well!

And I loved the fact that we got PASCHENDALE! I'd take that over DOD anytime!

The line to get in was soooooooo long! Holy shit! I've never been in a line that long!

Left my son in line and went to the merch stand to get my shirt. Nice selection of merch!

We left right after HBTN because I feared getting out of the parking lot was going to be hell. Once we got to the car (long fucking walk) it took 3 minutes to be on the freeway!

The paperless line was pretty short it just seemed to move sooo slow! I got there late though and didnt make it to the pit until DT played Constant in Motion. I was really bummed out that I missed most of their set since I've never seen them before and has been looking forward to it. Oh well at least I wasn't one of the 1000 people outside the gate at 9 when Maiden was originally going to start. I thought the show was going to start at 8:30 or at 9 and that 7:30 was just when the gates opened.

Yeah the Dio dedication was sweet... Too bad I didn't record it

Damn I didn't see the owl... Would've liked to have seen that.

OMFG it took me like an hr to just get out of the parking lot... And I was in the vip section!

Fe Maiden
06-20-2010, 08:39 AM
The palerless line was pretty short it just seemed to move sooo slow! I got there late though and didnt make it to the lit until DT played Constant in Motion. I was really bummed out that I missed most of their set since I've never seen them before and has been looking forward to it. Oh well at least I wasn't one of the 1000 people outside the gate at 9 when Maiden was originally going to start. I thought the show was going to start at 8:30 or at 9 and that 7:30 was just when the gates opened.

Yeah the Dio dedication was sweet... Too bad I didn't record it

Damn I didn't see the owl... Would've liked to have seen that.

OMFG it took me like an hr to just get out of the parking lot... And I was in the vip section!VIP parking gets you close to the venue entrance but far from the exit! Rip off if you ask me!

Too bad you missed most of DT. Mike Portnoy is one hell of a great drummer I must say! At least you got to see Panic Attack and Pull Me Under.

Was it just me or did the sound get louder and louder as the Maiden set went on?

ijwthstd
06-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I hate that place, as soon as they announced the tour I knew I was just going to write this one off. Thanks for the reports though, will look for You Tube stuff.

PowerMaiden
06-20-2010, 09:00 AM
cool report FE MAIDEN

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
06-20-2010, 10:47 AM

:lol:

rjturtle9
06-20-2010, 11:12 AM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!! where do I begin with this show?!

So me and Andrew got to the venue at around 11ish and only a couple of other cars were there. We easily made friends with a nice group of guys who would end up being our tailgating buddies for the remainder of the evening.

We got in line very early. around 12ish. We were waiting in line for about 40 mins when some guy said he won the FTTB draw. Andrew decided to check his (since they were late to send out the messages) and HE WON TOO! so we spent the next 4 hours or so in the parking lot with our newly found buddies with not a worry about lines.

We made it into the venue about 30 mins before anyone else and was perfect since I got the spot on the rail I wanted, a spot I would fight to keep tfor the remainder of the show.

Dream Theater were a great way to start the show, but I must say, theirset kinda dragged a bit. After a while I just started thinking to myself, they should just end this and bring out Maiden. But the last two songs were great so I was happy with their set over all.

After a long wait, Doctor Doctor came over the PA. I was ready to see god come before me. I went nuts! When Adrian came out to play the intro chords to Wickerman, I just lost it, physically and emotionally. Watching Dave Murray and Adrian Smith from just a few feet away was something I will remember for the rest of my life.

The set was amazing. Song after song just kept coming and I was there, in the front, somewhere i never thought I would be at an Iron Maiden concert. During Wildest Dreams, the band all started out right in front of me. There they were together, Bruce, Dave, Adrian, and Steve right fucking there! Words cannot describe the feeling, you have to be there and experience it for yourself.

Through all the amazing songs of the night, Paschendale, Brave New World, These Colors Don't Run, Wickerman, and my favorite song of all time, Hallowed Be Thy Name, all of which I was very excited to see and hear live, I must say Blood Brothers was the highlight of the show for me. hearing 23000+ people sing that song live altogether is something to see. Plus, it was a great feeling to hear that song on the rail at a Maiden concert next to Andrew, someone who has accompanied me to many many concerts in the past, and the one person I would want by my side on the rail at a Maiden show. I don't care where your from, or who you came out of, I will always see you as a brother my friend :light:

I wish it could have lasted forever though, but everything comes to an end, even this. I must say that was the most amazing 2 hours of my entire life. My dream of seeing Maiden from the first row was fulfilled last night. I can die happy now.

(By the way sorry if this review had a shit ton of grammar errors, I just woke up and still feeling the show.)

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
^^ I take it this was your first time seeing Maiden on the rail?

xStructualDefect
06-20-2010, 11:23 AM

there is always fires on the lawn at the Glen Helen Pavillion actually. every show i've gone there there's been fires.

rjturtle9
06-20-2010, 11:28 AM
^^ I take it this was your first time seeing Maiden on the rail?

Oh yeah! :party:

b_halperin
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
so mad i couldn't see this show!

A friend who went said that they're sound guy kept fucking up though, and that i "didn't miss out.." stilll would take bad-sound maiden over no maiden.

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah! :party:

Awesome. Yeah, it's practically a religious experience. You feel so much closer to the band after getting to see them that close. I really hope I can pull it off again next month. Actually it's exactly one month, haha.

rjturtle9
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
so mad i couldn't see this show!

A friend who went said that they're sound guy kept fucking up though, and that i "didn't miss out.." stilll would take bad-sound maiden over no maiden.

You missed out big time!

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Awesome. Yeah, it's practically a religious experience. You feel so much closer to the band after getting to see them that close. I really hope I can pull it off again next month. Actually it's exactly one month, haha.

I've never been on the rail, here's hoping you, me, and Butcher all manage to get it in VA.

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I've never been on the rail, here's hoping you, me, and Butcher all manage to get it in VA.

Yeah. I hope there's no FTTB drawing, because I'm definitely gonna be there early enough to be at the front of the GA line, and thus on the rail. In that case, we're all golden - as opposed to if there is a drawing, where some of us might get it and others no.

rjturtle9
06-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah. I hope there's no FTTB drawing, because I'm definitely gonna be there early enough to be at the front of the GA line, and thus on the rail. In that case, we're all golden - as opposed to if there is a drawing, where some of us might get it and others no.

FTTB is so fucked up, but I had no problem taking advantage of it's benefits ;)

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM

I won and I'm leaving in a few hours!

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 12:00 PM

Haha, and there's no doubt I'll do the same if there is one at my show, but I don't know. As of now only 2 July shows are on the site, and neither is Madison Square Garden, that I KNOW will have one. The proper listing of all the shows with it should be coming in the next couple of days. I think out of the 15 shows in June, 10 had a drawing and 5 didn't. Fingers crossed there's not one for the final show.

andrew_metalhead
06-20-2010, 12:02 PM
@ Turtle .. good review man. Thanks for the compliments :D

I haven't taken off my Steve wrist band (well except to take a picture of it for 1 second).

I can die happy. I would have walked 60 miles just to see them play Brave New World. And they played it :) But I loved every minute of the show, of course, including Dream Theater's set. Their haters are missing out on some great music. The sad part was, I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't even catch their set as they were waiting in line outside. God .. I wish people tried showing up to the venue earlier, when its so fucking far and the traffic is so fucked up :/

Crionics
06-20-2010, 12:03 PM

I was kinda on the rail during the later half of Mastodon at the National :D

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I was kinda on the rail during the later half of Mastodon at the National :D

Haha yeah I was on the rail the entire time for that, and most other shows except Maiden.;)

Haha, and there's no doubt I'll do the same if there is one at my show, but I don't know. As of now only 2 July shows are on the site, and neither is Madison Square Garden, that I KNOW will have one.

I've heaqrd the Garden doesn't allow FTTB. But I don't know for sure, I've never been there.

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I've heaqrd the Garden doesn't allow FTTB. But I don't know for sure, I've never been there.

Ah alright. I wouldn't know, I just figured it was a given being that it's an arena. They always try to have them for arenas. Some amphitheaters they do, some they don't - which is why it's hit or miss for our show. I think it may have to do with the actual size of the pit at each place.

es156
06-20-2010, 12:31 PM

I read that on the IMBB as well. Someone also said that there was no FTTB at MSG on the SBIT tour.

marker
06-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I was there with pit tickets and we had a great time.I disagree that DT's set dragged a little bit,they sounded great and the crowd was into it more than I thought.They did a great job picking some heavy shit for a Maiden opener.
Maiden was great,I think the bass was a little too loud,kinda covers up the vocals a bit.I am not complaning though,I though they were great.I didn't think they sounded bad ,like I said maybe a little too much bass.I was close to the stage,so that probably had something to do with it.The backdrops were awesome,I really liked the one for These Colours Don't Run.I was suprised to see mosh pits at a Maiden show.The pit area at this venue used to be much smaller,they've taken out a shitload of Orchestra seating to make it much bigger.Some old weird fucker tried to push his way to the front and pissed some people off.He ended up getting his ass kicked and got beer thrown on him.:)

christopher
06-20-2010, 01:05 PM
That line to get in sucked! I got to the line around 630 and it was the longest line I have ever seen. Went down the hill, all the way to the street, then wrapped around to the entrance of general parking, then came half way back to the entrance of the venue, wrapped around a line of cars, then went back to the street. It was probably 2 miles long. Took 90 minutes to get inside. Great show though.

Crionics
06-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Haha yeah I was on the rail the entire time for that, and most other shows except Maiden.;)

Were you on the left or right?

PowerMaiden
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
cool read guys, I love it !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ricky4502
06-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Man I had planned on getting to the venue a lot sooner than I did. I had this plan of taking my non metalhead wife to work and sticking around til about 2 until she got off work because she hardly gets any hours. Then I was going to drop her and my daughter off at our friends house in apple valley since they live off the 15. Then head to the show and meet up with some buddies who were tailgating. Instead she called me saying shes going to work longer than usual. She got off at like 4:30 and didnt park at the venue until 7:30 when the show started. My friends were already in line and i didnt get to them in time and never saw them. Usually for concerts the time that's posted is just for when the gates or doors open right? I thought even though I was running late I'd still be able to get in before DT started. The paperless line wasnt bad but was it long earlier? I hope that I'll catch them again eventually. From the little that i did see they were amazing.

I had only seen maiden once before for the somewhere back in time tour and while that show obviously had a better set I enjoyed myself so much more last night just by being so close to the metal gods. I didn't get there in time to get to the rail though. Hopefully next time.

As far as the sound went i didnt notice if it had gotten louder cuz i got an ear infection and they were a bit plugged up. I'll know later after it clears up and look back at the vids. Was it just me or did bruce sound even better than he did 2 yrs ago?

Oh and those dudes moshing pissed me the fuck off.... I mean why would they do that? Its fucking maiden!

evildeadjedi
06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time! Can't wait till the tour gets to Ohio!

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Alright! I'm off to the show!

scott308
06-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Usually for concerts the time that's posted is just for when the gates or doors open right?

Unless it is different in some areas, the time listed is the time the event starts, with doors generally opening an hour before, although some venues may open earlier or later as they see fit.

Dissimulate
06-20-2010, 03:02 PM
We usually get both door times and show times here.

ricky4502
06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Unless it is different in some areas, the time listed is the time the event starts, with doors generally opening an hour before, although some venues may open earlier or later as they see fit.

Yeah I know but for the last shows I've been to the times listed weren't the start times. I first noticed it at the hammerfall show at the hob. I thought I was running late and got there at the listed time but hardly anybody was there and waited in line for like an hour. Same thing with the opeth show and scion metal shows I only saw one time and it wasn't the start time. Did the paper tickets have 2 times on them? Maybe that's why I didn't know

scott308
06-20-2010, 05:00 PM
That's weird. I know times are subject to change, which makes it a good idea to check the venue's website day of the show to verify, but that sounds like the listed time wasn't even close to the start time. Was the venue a place that might have multiple shows at the same time? I know in Milwaukee, The Rave will occasionally schedule two (or more) events the same night. When they do, they will usually stagger start times so they can get people in and out more easily, so if you aren't paying attention you could get there way early if your show is the later start.

Axis_Of_Metal
06-20-2010, 05:18 PM
What have the prices for the merch been?

ricky4502
06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
What have the prices for the merch been?

Shirts were 35 except for 2x and 3x... They were 40

Axis_Of_Metal
06-20-2010, 06:11 PM
What other stuff did they have. Wrist bands and random crap I'm assuming

davidis138
06-20-2010, 06:38 PM
What other stuff did they have. Wrist bands and random crap I'm assuming

Posters, flags, jerseys and cups. I think they were selling the back catalogue too.

davidis138
06-20-2010, 06:40 PM
It was really funny to see people pissed cos they weren't playing classics :lol: And you could see Bruce thinking "Fucking California" when no one was the doing the vocal part to No More Lies :lol: I am super happy and impressed they didn't play the old stuff though!

BlackmoreOfBowling
06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
I wonder if Bruce does Wrathchild like on Rock In Rio... - a la CUZ I'M A (WRATHCHILD~!), WAIIIIIIIIIIM UHHH! (WRATHCHILD~!), WAIIIIIIIIIHHHHM UHHHH! (WRATHCHILD~!)

ricky4502
06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
UIt was really funny to see people pissed cos they weren't playing classics :lol: And you could see Bruce thinking "Fucking California" when no one was the doing the vocal part to No More Lies :lol: I am super happy and impressed they didn't play the old stuff though!

yeah man I mean what's what their last tour was for.... Not every tour can be all classics... seems to me the problem isn't what songs they play its what they don't play. Like last night people loved every song but wanted more and some weren't satisfied.

davidis138
06-20-2010, 11:54 PM
U

yeah man I mean what's what their last tour was for.... Not every tour can be all classics... seems to me the problem isn't what songs they play its what they don't play. Like last night people loved every song but wanted more and some weren't satisfied.

Exactly! It even had the words "Back" "In" "Time" in the name, for a reason. After Running Free everyone let out the groan of disappointment when the Monty Python song came on. I get that yeah they still had the stage looking like there was more but I mean you shelled out how much cash and you're still not happy to even see them?

Metalfan19911
06-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone Heard the new maiden single live? Saw a video from Dallas and it was good, but what about people who were there?

You can download the studio version from www.IronMaiden.com
:D

ricky4502
06-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Anyone Heard the new maiden single live? Saw a video from Dallas and it was good, but what about people who were there?

You can download the studio version from www.IronMaiden.com
:D

i was disappointed when i first heard it but after 2 listens it grew on me and it was even better live... loved it!

metalmilitia54
06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
This was my first Iron Maiden show and I have to say...one of the greatest nights of my life!!! :rocker: I've yet to see "Run to the Hills," "Two Minutes to Midnight," and "The Trooper" and several other classics performed on the Somewhere Back in Time tour...but I'm a fan of all their material and I'm glad to see the 2000-present songs from them with a selection of classics. I can die saying I've seen the legends live. :blaze:

metalmilitia54
06-21-2010, 11:31 AM
i was disappointed when i first heard it but after 2 listens it grew on me and it was even better live... loved it!

I felt the same way. I loved seeing Dave, Adrian and Janick get their own solos in the same song rather than have the tradition solo-trade-solo-harmonized melody section (not that that's a problem, I LOVE that, I just like seeing new things come up).