PDA

View Full Version : Gwar -- Sayerville, NJ -- June 18th, 2010

Bergman101
06-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow, what an amazing show. Doors were at 7 so my friends and I got there around 7:10ish. After waiting in line for a few minutes we got inside and went right onto the floor for a good spot.

After waiting a little bit the first band went on, Johnny B. Morbid. Now I had no idea what to expect but they were actually really bad. The best way to describe them as a whole would be Misfits wannabes. They tried way to hard to be "horror punk" but failed. Also, they didn't really know what genre they were mostly they played punk but also threw in a tiny bit of hardcore, thrash, and even some pig squeals, none of which helped them out. I do have some of the set only because the singer said the titles and I like to be a good reviewer, the set is incomplete however because we eventually went outside because we couldn't take them anymore. They started at 7:30 and played about 25 minutes. Overall 2/10 for just showing up.
???? (didn't know the opening song)
Underworld
Outlook
Monster Piece
Sacrifice
Evilution
Wrong Side of The Dead (left after this song)

After that ordeal we finally got something good, Mobile Deathcamp. They were awesome, I knew they were thrash but damn they rocked. As Soon as they went on stage the pit opened up and shit was going down. I enjoyed their entire set. Beefcake the Mighty is the guitarist/singer so how can they not be good? Setlist is out of order and incomplete. These guys started at 8:15 and played an even 30 minutes. 7.5/10
Feed The Machine
Death Revealed
Negative Minds
It Is So
The Buffalo Song
One Brain
Offensive Release
Vicious Smile

Next up was a band that was surprisingly good, Dirge Within. I didn't listen to them before I went to the show so I didn't know what to expect but they were actually really good. Their music is kind of a cross between All That Remains and Unearth, I love both bands, but don't knock em until you hear em. They were a really tight band with some good shredding solos and every once in a while you'd hear a breakdown but I enjoyed them thoroughly. Set is in order. They started at 9 and played about 45 minutes. 8.5/10
1. Self Medicated
2. Last Goodbye
3. Force Fed Lies
4. Complacency
5. As I Walk
6. New Disease
7. Saints of Humanity (with wall of death)
8. Confession
9. Forever The Martyr
10. Spit

Last and certainly not least, GWAR. This was my second time seeing them and they were awesome. Then again Gwar is great every time they play. They had a meet and greet thing at 10 so they played later then I thought they would. But at 10:20 they dropped the curtain and had the "10 minutes until you death clock" and played the Behind The Murder which was hilarious. It was good to see a different stage show then the last time I saw them, they killed Micheal Jackson, which was great, they killed a giant Cardinal Syn and and a smaller version of him too and in the encore they killed Obama. That was everyone they killed but when they started and in the encore they brought out these Gwared out super soaker type things and sprayed the whole audience. They got my white Unearth shirt really good and my white Vans really good too but it was worth it. Set is correct and in order. They played from 10:30 to 11:35. 9.5/10
1. Metal Metal Land
2. Saddam A Go-Go
3. Lords and Masters
4. The Apes of Wrath
5. Tormentor
6. Where Is Zog?
7. Womb With A View
8. Let Us Slay
9. Maggots
10. Immortal Corruptor
11. The Price Of Peace
12. Lust In Space
Encore:
13. Bring Back The Bomb
14. Sick Of You

Overall it was a great show and I'm glad I finally got to see Gwar again and actually get red and green blood on me this time. I already can't wait to see Gwar again.

JLRedWing13
06-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I enjoy Dirge Within. Would like to see GWAR at some point.

evildeadjedi
06-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Gwar puts on a great show, you definitely need to experience them at least once.

Magson13
06-19-2010, 06:43 PM
That setlist is disappointing..... They better increase it in the fall when they hit the road with Municipal Waste

bt11763
06-19-2010, 10:38 PM
That setlist is disappointing..... They better increase it in the fall when they hit the road with Municipal Waste

WHAT YOU SAY

Magson13
06-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Only 14 songs from Gwar? Only 3 kills? Quite disappointing, if you ask me. I got 18 songs, and a great deal of slaughtering when I saw them headline.

scott308
06-20-2010, 09:12 PM
I've actually been disappointed the last couple of times I saw them. The sets were pretty short and not a lot of killing or fluids being sprayed on the crowd.

bt11763
06-22-2010, 11:04 PM
setlist has been the same, but I'm mostly bumping to hear about this tour with the waste. oderus said that they'll be back around halloween tonight.

Magson13
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Yup, it's an October tour. Municipal Waste is opening.... Just waiting on dates now, which will probably be announced once this tour raps up.

bt11763
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Yup, it's an October tour. Municipal Waste is opening.... Just waiting on dates now, which will probably be announced once this tour raps up.

kick ass! where'd you hear this from?

Magson13
06-23-2010, 07:51 PM
My friend's band is supposed to be opening the tour :D

bt11763
06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
My friend's band is supposed to be opening the tour :D

word. i am excited :D

SuFfoLkPriDe
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I drove all the way up from long island for this one, not disappointed at all, they put on a really good show. Wish they had played a different set, but what are you going to do?

Dominicus 1988
07-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Dirge Within is awesome. I was hoping they would open for Fear Factory on Wednesday like they were doing a few weeks back :tp:

bt11763
07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I drove all the way up from long island for this one, not disappointed at all, they put on a really good show. Wish they had played a different set, but what are you going to do?

why didn't you just go to the long island show :confused: