14. Only for the Weak
15. Come Clarity
16. Everything Counts
17. Bottled
18. Take This Life
19. The Quiet Place
20. The Mirror's Truth
21. My Sweet Shadow

I'd say its a pretty sub-par setlist. No Lunar Strain, no Jester Race, no Colony, 1 Whoracle (and it's a cover).

JLRedWing13
06-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Now that Jesper's gone, they may as well quit....even though I like them.

makethemsuffer12
06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
These guys are dead if you ask me, and have been for a while. Especially now that Jesper quit.

300%_Density
06-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I fear they will be done soon as well but I am trying to stay hopeful.

xStructualDefect
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
ehh, only a few songs i'd like to see on that set.

maidenpriest
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
and i see they are back to their normal bullshit...and yeah i agree, with Jesper is gone they arent worth seeing anymore imo. they really have to impress me with their next setlist for me to go see them. Everything Counts is kind of cool to see though lol

evildeadjedi
06-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Pretty sad to see such a mediocre set in their hometown.

jotun2graveland
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Pretty sad to see such a mediocre set in their hometown.

That type of set really goes for most of their shows these days. Even when Jesper was in the band, the sets continued to get worse and worse (post-Clayman era). The reality is that their earlier work isn't as popular. I also doubt the "newer" members want to downgrade venue size in order to play songs that were written prior to their membership in the band.

CapnAwesome
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
This show does not compare to Sticky Fingers 2004 at all

Hammer Smashed Face
06-18-2010, 05:59 PM
At some point during the Come Clarity tours, they were without Bjorn and possibly Jesper. If memory serves correctly, Bjorn had a child and there was an alcohol issue related hiatus of Jesper's from touring. When I heard the guitarist(s) from Evergrey and I think another band were filling in, I passed on seeing them. Now, I had seen them 11 times since 2000 up to that point. Just wasn't right without Bjorn and Jesper.... no way it will be the same and I agree, it may get worse.

The_jman
06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
some good stuff I'd like to see on there, but not enough that I'd really want to see.

evildeadjedi
06-18-2010, 06:38 PM
The last time I saw them was:

Bogarts in Cincy August 05 2005 with:

Black Dalhia Murder
The Haunted
Arch Enemy
In Flames
Shadows Fall

They really killed that night unfortunately I didn't write down the setlist.

Anyone happen to attend that show?

Schaffi
06-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Well, actually there are some songs I haven't seen before live, like "Sober and Irrelevant", "Dial 595-ESCAPE", "Bullet Ride", "Everything Counts" and "Bottled". These are all songs they haven't played for some time now as well as "Crawl Through Knives" which is my favorite song of the post-"Clayman"-era along with "My Sweet Shadow".
Therefore, I think this set is okay although I miss some classics as well. But anyway, I'm one of the very few people who like both their old and their new stuff..

Grayfox
06-19-2010, 03:02 AM
You know, I was a huge In Flames fan for about 6, 7 years... practically a fanboy. I can't take their setlists anymore. I'm not paying to go see a 20 song setlist that has maybe 2-3 pre-Colony songs (in the case of this most recent set, one). In Flames obviously cares more about the majority than their old fans. Until they decide to do some nostalgic small club tour and play tons of old shit, count me out. This band keeps going further and further down the drain. And now that Jesper is gone, it's going to be even worse.

mastodon421
06-19-2010, 06:33 AM
I saw them in October without Jesper they were fantastic. Plus the setlist really isn't that bad. Sure would be awesome if they started playing Jotun and Moonshield but Bullet Ride is back and they makes me very happy.

CapnAwesome
06-19-2010, 07:47 AM
I blame Anders' lack of dreads :D

makethemsuffer12
06-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Plus the setlist really isn't that bad.

Yeah, it is. :cool:

The_jman
06-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it is. :cool:
I like a lot of new in flames and even I don't feel its that good a set. I like maybe half of it.

SomewhereInTime72
06-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't hate new In Flames, but goddamn this is a terrible set if you ask me. No variety whatsoever.

zerkz
06-19-2010, 01:08 PM
When I saw them in Pittsburgh here in late 09, they played 3 from Clayman (Pinball Map, Clayman, Square Nothing (pretty rare, the later two)), 1 from Colony (Embody The Invisible), 1 from Whoracle (The Hive (I REALLY wish it would of been Episode 666)).

Wasn't a bad concert, I Had some bullshit stupid drama going on during it though.

Travis The Dragon
06-19-2010, 01:24 PM
About Jesper being gone: True, he can come back at any time and it would be great if he returned, but the problem is that all of the other band members drink as well and he would be around that all the time. WAY too much temptation to start up again.

Indestructible
06-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Good set.

CapnAwesome
06-19-2010, 03:59 PM
01. Sober and Irrelevant - 2008
02. Pinball Map - 2000
03. Alias - 2008
04. Crawl Through Knives - 2006
05. System - 2002
06. Leeches - 2006
07. Trigger - 2002
08. Satellites and Astronauts - 2000
09. Disconnected - 2008
10. Dial 595-ESCAPE - 2004
11. Delight and Angers - 2008
12. Bullet Ride - 2000
13. Cloud Connected - 2002
14. Only for the Weak - 2000
15. Come Clarity - 2006
16. Everything Counts - 1997
17. Bottled - 2004
18. Take This Life - 2006
19. The Quiet Place - 2004
20. The Mirror's Truth - 2008
21. My Sweet Shadow - 2004

If IF was a band that started in 2000, then this would be a great set

JLRedWing13
06-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Definitely not a fan of My Sweet Shadow....

evildeadjedi
06-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Definitely not a fan of My Sweet Shadow....

Me either I was on the rail screaming at the top of lungs back in '05 for them to play "Moonshield" and they played "My Sweet Shadow" :mad:.

AnthG
06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Maybe it's because i'm actually a fan of the post-Clayman era, but I don't think that setlist is bad at all. It's also not that much different from when I saw them in 2008. Sure they played a Jester Race medley, but other than that it still follows the same formula of focusing heavily on material from A Sense of Purpose and other newer albums and maybe playing 2-3 songs from anything before Clayman.

Also, Lunar Strain is a shitty fucking album, and Anders wasn't in the band when that album was made, so really I hope they never perform anything off that album. It's garbage.

And did they get someone to temporarily fill in for Jesper for live shows, or are they finding a way to only play with one guitar player?

jotun2graveland
06-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Maybe it's because i'm actually a fan of the post-Clayman era, but I don't think that setlist is bad at all. It's also not that much different from when I saw them in 2008. Sure they played a Jester Race medley, but other than that it still follows the same formula of focusing heavily on material from A Sense of Purpose and other newer albums and maybe playing 2-3 songs from anything before Clayman.

Also, Lunar Strain is a shitty fucking album, and Anders wasn't in the band when that album was made, so really I hope they never perform anything off that album. It's garbage.

And did they get someone to temporarily fill in for Jesper for live shows, or are they finding a way to only play with one guitar player?

I can understand why a lot of people may not be too fond of Lunar Strain, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Then again, I'm also into old At the Gates (though Slaughter of the Soul is my favorite), which also has a rough sound like Lunar Strain.

evildeadjedi
06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I can understand why a lot of people may not be too fond of Lunar Strain, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Then again, I'm also into old At the Gates (though Slaughter of the Soul is my favorite), which also has a rough sound like Lunar Strain.

I was not blown away by Lunar Strain. However, Jester Race was amazing! :rocker: :horns:

kevin_headbanger
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I'll love this band until it breaks apart...Must be weird not seeing Jesper on stage along with the other guys...Maybe we'll finally hear something about his side project Dimension Zero, which I really like.

Good setlist though. Anything with Satellites and Astronauts is great. One of the best songs In Flames has ever made. I'll be waiting for a new album (I hope) and a tour...IN FLAMES I TRUST

broncoz
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Pinball Map
Crawl Through Knives
System
Leeches
Trigger
Satellites and Astronauts
Dial 595-ESCAPE
Bullet Ride
Cloud Connected
Only for the Weak
Everything Counts
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

I'd pay to see these songs. No colony, which is their best imo, is sad, but i've come to expect no jester race and only 1 from whoracle so i'm okay with that at this point. 4 from clayman is awesome, and I love to see more than just the quiet place and MSS from soundtrack in the set.

You can't compare sets from the last 5 years to their earlier sets, so I'd call this an acceptable set just because the clayman material and some rarer played songs. Bullet Ride, Satellites, Everything counts, and system would be enough to make me go to a show no matter what the other songs are, and even the songs most of us don't like from the newer albums are pretty damn good live.

-also you can probably expect even less older songs now that jesper is gone. have fun with that.

MPF
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Eventhough it is lacking from great album such as The Jester Race and Colony, this is a pretty decent setlist.

IF have said for years that the older material was never really meant for a live setting, although I want to disagree I do see their point. I am a fan of some of the newer albums, but until the band breaks up, you have to expect more setlists like this. It's what the newer fans want and it's obviously making them money.

I learned a long time ago that all bands only have a certain shelf life to them, and you gotta appreciate them while they are still great. IF's shelf life is sadly fading.

JLRedWing13
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd go see them, if the price was right. Sadly they haven't visited since Gigantour.

AnthG
06-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Jesper said in an interview a couple of years ago that if they play a song from Lunar Strain or Jester race, 10-15 people get excited and the other 1,000 people look at each other and say "What the fuck is this?"

When I saw them the Whoracle song and Jester race medley both got the weakest reception of the night. Maybe if Artifacts of the Black Rain was played things would be different. That song's bad ass.

Back to Lunar strain, the thing that bugs me the most about that album is Mikael Stanne's vocals, which is weird because I love Dark Tranquillity. Maybe the first DT album with Anders isn't that good in the vocals department either. :confused:

Schaffi
06-20-2010, 08:24 AM
When I saw them the Whoracle song and Jester race medley both got the weakest reception of the night. Maybe if Artifacts of the Black Rain was played things would be different. That song's bad ass.

They played "Artifacts Of The Black Rain" during the Taste of Chaos European Tour in 2009 :rocker: :D
I guess it was received pretty well...at least in my opinion it was the best song of the night :D

JLRedWing13
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Jesper said in an interview a couple of years ago that if they play a song from Lunar Strain or Jester race, 10-15 people get excited and the other 1,000 people look at each other and say "What the fuck is this?"

:mad:

CapnAwesome
06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
:mad:

Agree, Clad In Shadows and Upon An Oaken Throne are awesome, and would sound amazing live with Anders on vocals now

evildeadjedi
06-20-2010, 02:25 PM

One of the main reasons I don't go see this band anymore.

treghet
06-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Not surprising, but it sucks.

broncoz
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Fitting to see them open with Sober and Irrelevant for their first show after the Jesper announcement. Now that Jesper is sober and out of the band, In Flames is becoming irrelevant.

RustinPeace1113
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM

Dude, I've seen them 10 times, and the most recent time I finally got to see Embody The Invisible which is from a fairly well known album. I lost my fuckin mind, and I only saw one other dude singing along. Their new stuff isn't bad at all but dear god a balance would be nice. Opeth still plays a lot of their really old material even though most people don't know it. I'd still go see this set list but they REALLY need to cut fucking Come Clarity and Alias (BOTH good songs, BOTH suck live)

zerkz
06-23-2010, 06:15 AM
I think they need to keep alot of Clayman in their sets. Honestly, its the best balance between new/old, and its probably the most tone-relative to Anders voice right now.

Of course.. its never going to be as good as this was..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOemg-A0kys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW74jMTNU8I (anders seems a bit drunk in this, still , so much more energy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7HqvkCCnhk&feature=related

CapnAwesome
06-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I think they need to keep alot of Clayman in their sets. Honestly, its the best balance between new/old, and its probably the most tone-relative to Anders voice right now.

I think that's the reason they play more Clayman material, unless they have something against the themes of their older material. (I understand the whole not playing Lunar Strain/TJR/Whoracle thing, due to the majority of the fans wanting the 2000+ material, but Colony? Come on, everyone wants to hear songs from that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW74jMTNU8I (anders seems a bit drunk in this, still , so much more energy)

That show was absolutely amazing to watch, probably the best rendition of Bullet Ride I've seen live, and the Food For The Gods live = brainsex

SomewhereInTime72
06-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Wish they had the balls that Maiden do. ;)

Indestructible
06-23-2010, 08:32 AM
To make all fans happy they can make the set half old songs and half new songs. Say the set is 20 songs. 10 old and 10 new.

CapnAwesome
06-23-2010, 10:39 AM
To make all fans happy they can make the set half old songs and half new songs. Say the set is 20 songs. 10 old and 10 new.

Exactly! This is not hard! ALL BANDS SHOULD READ THIS AND GO BY THIS FORMULA. You would please the entire crowd by doing this.

That's why Sticky Fingers on Used & Abused was so good. Half new material and half older material.

daimonos
06-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Wish they had the balls that Maiden do. ;)

Well...

This is basically the same situation as Maiden.

SomewhereInTime72
06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Well...

This is basically the same situation as Maiden.

It's really the opposite though.

In Flames are pleasing the majority and ignoring their less popular material. Maiden are ignoring whatever people want to hear them play and doing what they want. :eyes: