One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Stone Cold Crazy
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

I'm not sure if this is all for Slayer. I'm still waiting to find a full set. Thanks to PowerMaiden and metal01 I think we've got the confirmed Slayer set

SLAYER

World Painted Bloood
Jihad
War Ensemble
Hate Wordlwide
Angel Of Death
Dead Skin Mask
Disciple
South Of Heaven
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Raining Blood

MEGADETH

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris
Headcrusher
Sweating Bullets
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

ANTHRAX

Caught In A Mosh
Got The Time
Indians
Antisocial
Madhouse
Only:eek:
N.F.L.
I Am The Law

I've gotta find a video of Joey doing Only. Also, i'm not sure why Slayer is getting billing over Megadeth because I always thought Megadeth was more popular. Maybe it's different in Europe:confused:

scott308
06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Anthrax said Joey would be doing a couple of Bush-era tunes, but I wasn't going to believe it until I saw a setlist. Glad to see it really happened.

Indestructible
06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Good sets. I didnt expect anthrax to do bush era songs with joey on vocals.

makethemsuffer12
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Joey doing Only? Dayumm. I really hope they don't start playing too much of the Bush era songs.

mankvill
06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
wonder if Dave will bust out Mechanix sooner or later

Indestructible
06-16-2010, 05:20 PM
heres a slayer set from two nights before.

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
Cult
Payback
War Ensemble
Expendable Youth
Jihad
Beauty Through Order
Seasons in the Abyss
Hell Awaits
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Raining Blood
Aggressive Perfector
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

PowerMaiden
06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
from somebody that went to the show on blabber ...

(scrowl down)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?

SLAYER (not sure, but it definitely included...)
World Painted Blood
(something else) (Jihad)
War Ensemble
Hate Worldwide
Angel of Death
Dead Skin Mask
Disciple
(something else)
South of Heaven
Raining Blood

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
heres a slayer set from two nights before.

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
Cult
Payback
War Ensemble
Expendable Youth
Jihad
Beauty Through Order
Seasons in the Abyss
Hell Awaits
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Raining Blood
Aggressive Perfector
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

wow that's a hell of a set, anxious to see if it's tonight's set also

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
source: metontour.com and setlist.fm

I've gotta find a video of Joey doing Only. Also, i'm not sure why Slayer is getting billing over Megadeth because I always thought Megadeth was more popular. Maybe it's different in Europe:confused:

No

JLRedWing13
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Megadeth > Slayer, but I honestly think it could be billed either way.

I must see this Joey version of Only.

Sanitarium78
06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141666

Joey doing Only:party:

Thanks for that Slayer set PowerMaiden i'll go edit that now.

JLRedWing13
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

Sanitarium78
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

Yeah he did a solid job with it. Give him a little time to get used to singing it and he can make the song his own.

darkguardian50
06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Damn, based on those sets I bit the bullet and bought tickets to that theater showing of The Big Four. Thats just to good of a setlist (for every band) to pass up.

TonyD
06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
They're not going to be showing full sets FYI

christopher
06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
They're not going to be showing full sets FYI

That is the main reason why I didn't buy tickets for that. I don't want to see partial sets.

BloodoftheKings
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't mind Joey doing Bush era stuff as long as it's just SOWN, I like some songs off WCFYA but Joey doing What dosn't die would be fail.

DrPogo
06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
This is what I have been thinking since I saw the poster for the shows, but it may be that they didn't want to stir up any shit by having Megadeth play RIGHT before Metallica. I'm sure the people that organized this shit knew that it was a volatile situation they were dealing with and didn't want to step on anyone's toes, whether or not shit was laid to rest. I figured they were going to run into some issues like this anyway. I mean it's obvious to have Metallica headline, but they really ran into an issue when they all probably stopped and looked at each other and said "....Fuck me....now what...." when they got to where to put Megadeth. I really respect the decision. Hey, look at it this way, at least you don't have to wait as long to see Megadeth play, haha.

Just a small side note. I saw the photos released on blabbermouth of all the guys from the bands...it was seriously breathtaking. To see Mustaine one person away from Lars and James...and with his arm around Kerry King....to see all of those people in the same room, hanging out....it's amazing. Think of the legacy that was set in stone by Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax. I mean personally, I wouldn't complain if there were only 4 bands in the world, and they were it, because I can just listen to their discographies continuously. "The Big Four"...

I don't know about you guys, and I know people insert their theories as to what we want these bands to be playing live, but fuck man, these guys have been around the town a few times, ya know? They know what they gotta play. While these shows are being played, let's fucking be proud to say that we are alive while this shit is occurring, and complain about how we can't be there (haha), and just plain scream about how fucking excited we are that this is actually happening!!

But....BUT....how badass would the GIANT 8 Tour be?!?!
1. Black Sabbath
2. Judas Priest
3. Iron Maiden
4. Motorhead
5. Metallica
6. Megadeth
7. Slayer
8. Anthrax

I might follow Adam Lambert and Justin Beiber around the United States to see that...

THE BIG FOUR!! :rocker:

idrinkwine732
06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Calm down man.

JRA
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
It annoys me that Anthrax is making Joey do Only as opposed to shit like Time, Who Cares Wins, Discharge, and Armed & Dangerous.

arctangent
06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
No

given how weak megadeth have always been live they probably wanted to go on before slayer so they didn't get blown away. certainly as far as i'm aware in europe slayer have always been considered the better/cooler of the two bands.

mankvill
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
given how weak megadeth have always been live

w

wat

Eager Dad Jnr
06-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I really hope they don't start playing too much of the Bush era songs.

I do. They're the best ones. FACT.

Maidenmagic
06-17-2010, 03:33 AM
I wish each band was only playing thrash songs. Metallica must have stuck out like a sore thumb playing something like nothing else matters at an event that worships THRASH music.

metal01
06-17-2010, 03:34 AM
I"ve read this is slayers set
1.World Painted Blood
2.Jihad
3.War Ensemble
4.Hate Worldwide
5.Dead Skin Mask
6.Angel of Death
7.Disciple
8.South of Heaven
9.Mandatory Suicide
10.Chemical Warfare
11.Raining Blood

still seems like Megadeth played longer than Slayer though. Maybe slayer had some set up issues or equipment issues? cuz if i put the slayer list onto itunes it comes out around 50 minutes, where megadeth comes out at like 56 minutes.

Eager Dad Jnr
06-17-2010, 03:48 AM
I wish each band was only playing thrash songs. Metallica must have stuck out like a sore thumb playing something like nothing else matters at an event that worships THRASH music.

They discovered that playing slow songs could result in them making more money and playing stadiums.

Wave your "M£tallica" flags with pride.......

leglessmoof
06-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Also, i'm not sure why Slayer is getting billing over Megadeth because I always thought Megadeth was more popular. Maybe it's different in Europe:confused:
Slayer is getting billed over Megadeth on the American Carnage tour too. So at least they are consistent.

I too would have thought Megadeth could get the higher billing, but it was probably a toss-up. Or maybe they chose Slayer for the higher billing because they've been around longer?

makethemsuffer12
06-17-2010, 05:34 AM
I do. They're the best ones. FACT.

The only fact here is the one that you are a total assclown.

Eager Dad Jnr
06-17-2010, 06:22 AM
The only fact here is the one that you are a total assclown.

Get it out of your system now, that's it. When you turn 18, you'll stop using made up words. Probably.

PlaysWithKnives
06-17-2010, 06:47 AM
So when is this thing going to come to America?

PlaysWithKnives
06-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Joey doing Only:party:

Yeah, Joey did a nice job with it

PlaysWithKnives
06-17-2010, 07:03 AM
given how weak megadeth have always been live they probably wanted to go on before slayer so they didn't get blown away

Maybe you saw Megadeth live on a slow day. I've seen them 6 times over the years and they crush every time. I've only seen Slayer once way back in 1992 and they were great as well. Even though Slayer hasn't put out anything worth a crap since SITA I'm sure they are just as good live as megadeth. But Megadeth weak live? No fuckin way

Crionics
06-17-2010, 07:10 AM
given how weak megadeth have always been live they probably wanted to go on before slayer so they didn't get blown away. certainly as far as i'm aware in europe slayer have always been considered the better/cooler of the two bands.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii56/Near8821/FACEPALM.jpg

leglessmoof
06-17-2010, 07:25 AM
So when is this thing going to come to America?
I saw an interview with with either Dave Mustaine or Kerry King (can't remember who) where he said they definitely wanted to bring the Big Four to North America, but that it was entirely up to Metallica. He basically said that Metallica is running the whole show and the other bands are just lucky to be there.

My personal opinion is that it will definitely happen. The question is when, and will it be a full tour or just a few cities.

kissthat
06-17-2010, 07:57 AM
I've read reports that Anthrax also played Heaven and Hell as a tribute to RDJ,any truth to this? If so that would have taken time for at least 1 or 2 songs out of their setlist time.

makethemsuffer12
06-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I've read reports that Anthrax also played Heaven and Hell as a tribute to RDJ,any truth to this? If so that would have taken time for at least 1 or 2 songs out of their setlist time.

They only played a little bit of it, right before the "wardance" part in Indians.

Sanitarium78
06-17-2010, 08:48 AM

I saw that edited into their set on setlist fm. I'm not sure about how true it is since it wasn't there before and it hardly seems like something you'd forget. I'll try and look for a video or something to confirm it.

cristianrock
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Damn, I would love to see this show

I saw some pics from the show and Tom Araya played with the Chilean football t-shirt, just because Chile won Honduras in the World Cup 2010. A nice homage :D

http://200.91.41.12/prontus_nots/site/artic/20100617/imag/FOTO_0120100617120911.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e209/samatrucci/2010/tomaraya.jpg

elturtleboy
06-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Hmmm i wanna hear Joey sing Crush!

JLRedWing13
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
I saw an interview with with either Dave Mustaine or Kerry King (can't remember who) where he said they definitely wanted to bring the Big Four to North America, but that it was entirely up to Metallica. He basically said that Metallica is running the whole show and the other bands are just lucky to be there.

My personal opinion is that it will definitely happen. The question is when, and will it be a full tour or just a few cities.

This.

Sanitarium78
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
It annoys me that Anthrax is making Joey do Only as opposed to shit like Time, Who Cares Wins, Discharge, and Armed & Dangerous.

Oh yeah totally. Because these songs were all setlists staples through the years:eyes: Have they ever even played Discharge live? Besides it's hardly one of the best songs they can choose to play. I will never understand why people will get upset about ANY band not playing songs that don't have a chance in hell of getting in the set anyways:confused:

Also, they have a limited amount of time due to being on a festival. They've gotta stick just with the "best of" sets for now. When or should I say if, we are talking about Anthrax here, they get out on their own with more time maybe a few more rare tracks will be played. Until then let's just be happy that Joey's back and let's hope it lasts this time.

Indestructible
06-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Discharge would be cool. Black lodge would be cool but joey might not be able to pull it off.

Sanitarium78
06-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Discharge would be cool. Black lodge would be cool but joey might not be able to pull it off.

Joey would be able to pull that song off. It fits his voice pretty well, I think. Most stuff off SOWN he should be able to do without much problem. It's Bush material like what's on Stomp 442 and Volume 8 he'd have a problem with. Joey just doesn't have any anger in his voice like Bush does. Joey would sound so out of place on a lot of those songs. Nothing, Inside Out and Safe Home would be the best bets if they do anything off those three albums. But please don't let Joey try and do What Doesn't Die. That is not a good fit for him at all.

JLRedWing13
06-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I just want the festival dates to go well for Anthrax so the band can come back, make a solid album, tour, and finally keep some continuity.

idrinkwine732
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I just want the festival dates to go well for Anthrax so the band can come back, make a solid album, tour, and finally keep some continuity.

Yeah, that's not happening. Look at the MetalSucks article about Anthrax today, it's actually sorta funny.

JLRedWing13
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that's not happening. Look at the MetalSucks article about Anthrax today, it's actually sorta funny.

Well, fuck. :bouville:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-18-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/slayernews.html#20100618