PDA

View Full Version : A Slayer Concern Of Mine....

300%_Density
06-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok so I downloaded Slayer's Rock AM Ring performance and was a little troubled with what I heard. IMO the sound really didn't sound all that great and I was curious about any feedback from who have seen Slayer recently. All I really heard was drums and vocals, & guitars sounded like Newstead's bass in ...And Justice For All, non-existant. And Tom's vocals didn't sound that great. The vocals are what scares me b/c I'm just worried how much longer Tom can hold up anymore. I'm putting youtube link of them doing "World Painted Blood" and let me know if that is similar how they sound or if it was just whomever mixed this show. Please tell me it was just the mix b/c of the guitars not sounding well on the broadcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD-BJ2xB4VE

idrinkwine732
06-15-2010, 11:46 PM
We'll find out soon enough. Their future is limited though.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Man, Slayer is Slayer. I'll be seeing them here with Megadeth and even when their sound was fucked up at Mayhem fest, after they got it working, they SLAYED.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Also: the mix is shit in that video. Can't win 'em all.

300%_Density
06-16-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm trying to chalk it up to audio. Even after I burned the torrent onto a disc the guitars are still not very audible. I was really sure the mix wasn't good but needed to ask people that actually knew this stuff.

And yes I am still stoked to see them in August, hopefully crappy sound doesn't follow Slayer to KC like last year.

ravenheart
06-16-2010, 02:20 AM
You do know the mix on a broadcast bares absolutely no resembalence to the mix at the actual show, right?

Crionics
06-16-2010, 05:54 AM
For some reason, Rock AM Ring vids always had a high bass. It's not as high in other vids, so don't worry about it. Slayer is Slayer :horns:

FelipeTheFornicator
06-16-2010, 09:15 AM
This (http://music.aol.com/video/world-painted-blood-sessions/slayer/bc:90122913001) came out 2 weeks ago this coming Friday, 6 weeks 'til Carnage for me.

300%_Density
06-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Yea i'm aware that the broadcast doesn't always sound as good but I've downloaded several Rock AM Ring shows and it never sounded like that. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it rubbed me the wrong way when I first heard it.

Sanitarium78
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
There are many factors as to why the sound maybe shitty. But unless you get something that is a soundboard recording from an live gig, you're taking a big chance on getting something that's not of high quality.

I would just check some youtube videos from the recent tour and compare them and see if the sound was just the venue or the band.

ravenheart
06-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it rubbed me the wrong way when I first heard it.

Yes. WAY too much. Reading ANYTHING into it is too much.

ravenheart
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
There are many factors as to why the sound maybe shitty. But unless you get something that is a soundboard recording from an live gig, you're taking a big chance on getting something that's not of high quality.

I would just check some youtube videos from the recent tour and compare them and see if the sound was just the venue or the band.

Rock Am Ring broadcasts are soundboard audio... It still doesn't matter. They can mix it however they like and that can be completely different to the live mix. The two things are totally different.

rjturtle9
06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
When I saw them at Mayhem last year they sounded amazing. Go see them!

mastodon421
06-17-2010, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned man. Slayer destroyed at Mayhem Fest last year when I saw them. Go see them you will not regret it.

JLRedWing13
06-17-2010, 01:23 PM
It will all be good.

larvtard
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
when I watched the Rock am Ring live broadcast, the first thing I noticed was that Tom's voice sucked. It was just noticably annoying on "seasons in the abyss" though (being that it requires singing, I'm sure)

he cancelled a date about a week ago for throat surgery, so hopefully it's better now :) I'd watch a video of their set in Munich or something to make sure...