PDA

View Full Version : Danzig -- Norfolk, VA -- June 15th, 2010

Magson13
06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
At first, it looked like there was going to be a small turnout, but by the time Gorgeous Frankenstein came on, the place started filling up. While outside waiting for the doors to open, Glenn's crew came out and announced that no video recording would be allowed, and no pictures allowed. They said if you have a cell phone, do not take it out of your pocket while in the venue. And that if you have to use your phone, go outside to the smoking section. And that rule was definately enforced, a few people were thrown out for it.

When I got inside, I made it onto the rail, center stage. Seventh Void came out on time, and played really well. Kenny Hickey and Johnny Kelly are always awesome to see. I don't have a setlist for them, but they played 7-8 songs, about 30 minutes.

Gorgeous Frankenstein had a lot of technical difficulties, and didn't end up coming out for 45 minutes after Seventh Void finished. They played a really sick set, Doyle von Wolfgang is an awesome guitarist. He had a really sick devilock,which extended down to his chest. It was so long, it would wave back and forth as he moved. Their set ended pretty abruptly, after 45 minutes. Doyle walked off the stage, and made a cut-it-off motion to the drummer, and they all just walked off the stage with no goodbye. They played around 12 songs. I caught one of Doyle's guitar picks though :D

Danzig was amazing live. As soon as he came out, there was a huge push forward, which crushed me against the rail. Tommy Victor, Johnny Kelly, and Steve Zing were all really good, but I was mostly focused on Glenn the whole night. Glenn would shake hands, slap hands, and horns lock with everyone up front, during most of the songs. He would also put the mic out towards the crowd, so people could scream the choruses of songs into the mic. After the set, I caught one of Tommy's guitar picks :D

After the show, Glenn came outside, and got on his tour bus. He took about 5-10 minutes, then he signed stuff for people. I got my ticket signed :D

Setlist [(First three, last two non-encore songs, and the two encore songs are in correct order, the rest are probably all jumbled up) set lasted about 80 minutes altogether]

Skin Carver
Twist of Cain
Hammer of the Gods (new song)
Wicked Night (dedicated to Peter Steele)
Her Black Wings
How the Gods Kill
Do You Wear the Mark
It's Coming Down
Tired of Being Alive
Kiss the Skull
Until You Call on the Dark
Bringer of Death
Black Angel White Angel
Thirteen
Mother
-----------------------------
She Rides
Long Way Back From Hell

neck666face
06-16-2010, 12:43 AM
when i saw danzig in 2009
everyone in line started yelling
"no having fun while danzig is present, and no pony tails"

his pony tailed crew member didnt take kindly to this

cradle_of_maiden
06-16-2010, 06:35 AM
I saw Danzig on Blackest of the Black and he was lame. Dimmu definitely blew him away and I don't even like Dimmu that much. And the whole no cell phone thing is fucking retarded. Im pretty sure Danzig is either afraid his soul is gonna be destroyed if his picture is taken or he's just a pre-madonna bitch.

PlaysWithKnives
06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
No cell phones? What a communist bastard. And he didn't even do Dirty Black Summer. That sucks.

PlaysWithKnives
06-16-2010, 08:33 AM
No cell phones? What a communist bastard. And he didn't even do Dirty Black Summer. That sucks.

PlaysWithKnives
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Don't ask me why that posted twice. This isn't blabbermouth

300%_Density
06-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Its sad after that whole him getting knocked out like 5 years ago now prevents anybody from having anything with a camera near him. So he got clocked from a guy in a band I can't even remember. It was years ago I'm pretty sure he is the only one who is over it. Let's be honest it kinda makes him come off as a dick for that reason.

Sanitarium78
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
That's a solid set there. I don't think Glenn likes Dirty Black Summer or Snakes of Christ becuase I haven't seen them in his recent sets at all. Maybe he got tired of playing them?

Also I don't mind the whole don't take pics or videos with your cell phone rule. You're not working for a metal magazine like Andrew Metalhead so put that shit away. You're there to enjoy the show not throw your camera up at every opportunity. I think when you take pics and vidoes it hurts your enjoyment of it. Plus, how ofter do they come out good at all unless you're right up front? Very old school, I like it.

It may make Danzig come off like a dick but he's been known as one for awhile now. That is hardly news at all.

300%_Density
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
No I don't think that its news but just comments. I don't quite agree w/ the pic taking thing tho. I don't have a great camera by any means but I've taken pics of alot of good shows tho and I don't think it ruined it for me. But I'm careful not to be continously taking hundreds of pics b/c that would ruin it for others and myself.

But touche on the dick thing b/c yea I have heard that before that incident happened anyway.

bt11763
06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
i'm excited as hell for this, but i still long for dirty black summer :(

davidis138
06-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Do You Wear the Mark
It's Coming Down
Tired of Being Alive
Kiss the Skull
Until You Call on the Dark
Bringer of Death
Thirteen
Long Way Back From Hell

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! :party: :rocker:

Magson13
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't care how much of a dick he is, he still puts on an amazing show, and that's what we all pay for a ticket for, to see a good show. And he signs shit for people after the show, which a lot of people less famous won't even do. So you gotta give him some credit for that at least.

Oh, and when he started playing Thirteen, some dumbass poser behind me yelled out "The Hangover!" I laughed at how stupid they sounded, hah.