PDA

View Full Version : E3

mankvill
06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Microsoft Press Conference:

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Metal Gear Solid Rising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BHYYX6spdc)
Gears of War 3
Halo: Reach
Fable 3
New Crytek game

And then a whole bunch of Kinect shit.

EA is up next, and Nintendo and Sony are tomorrow.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't forget about smaller xbox 360 with 250gb hd and built in Wireless N for 299. Shipping to stores this week and the old Elite will be dropping to 250 and arcade to 150 (not sure if that is permanent or temporary).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/198783/xbox_360_slim_includes_wifi_250gb_for_300.html/

ESPN coming to xbox live is pretty cool though.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179838

Nothing really wowed me will be interesting to see what Sony and Nintendo have planned.

I'm pumped for the EA conference though Star Wars The Old Republic and Crysis 2:drool: :drool:

BloodoftheKings
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
I was a little disapointed with this conference. The Kinect shit was putting me to sleep. Im a little excited for metal gear rising though.

ChildrenofSodom
06-14-2010, 02:53 PM

EA is up next, and Nintendo and Sony are tomorrow.

C'mon new Zelda game!

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
EA Sports is on now, aka I don't give a shit.

But so far,

lol @ the new 360. Taking notes from Sony for sure. Still looks cool though.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising. I've never played any of the other ones (though I should own MGS4), but being able to cut a lot of shit looks very pleasing.

The New Need for Speed looks cool, even though it looks pretty much like Burnout with liscenced cars (not a shocker considering Criterion made it).

Dead Space 2 looks pretty good.

Medal of Honor looks exactly like Bad Company 2.

That's all I gotta say so far.

Oh, and Gears 3 makes me want one of those new 360s haha

maidenpriest
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Gears 3 is going ot be amazing. Same with Halo:Reach, the multiplayer beta was epic. and Metal Gear Solid looks really awesome.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm watching EA and taking notes, I'll post them all when it's done.

DethMaiden
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm watching EA and taking notes, I'll post them all when it's done.

:party: Do that all conference and I'll give you a big wet kiss!

mankvill
06-14-2010, 03:27 PM
:party: Do that all conference and I'll give you a big wet kiss!

<3

Patiently awaiting Valve's part in all this.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
EA:

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - November 16th
Dead Space 2 :party: - January 25th
Medal of Honor - June 21st Multiplayer Beta, October 12th release
Battlefield Bad Company: Vietnam - DLC - October
EA Sports MMA - Fall
EA Sports Active 2 :tp:- November 16th
Madden 11 (Dres Brees on cover!)
The Sims 3 - on consoles in October
Crysis 2 - you can play it in 3D! - Holiday 2010 on consoles and PC
Bulletstorm
Star Wars: The Old Republic

"Gun Club" - early access to news, events, etc. Like Rockstar Social Club or Halo Waypoint.
EA Sports Live Broadcast - Actually play live in front of thousands of people for prizes and with commentators

NO VALVE

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Crysis 2 looked pretty cool. Bulletstorm looked absolutely insane. I might have to check it out when it comes out. And the only thing I can say about that Old Republic trailer is

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I honestly cum buckets everytime I see a trailer for that game.

mastodon421
06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Gears 3 looks absolutley amazing. Also stoked for Halo:Reach and Metal Gear Solid Rising:drool:

mankvill
06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Where the fuck is Valve :I

mastodon421
06-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Where the fuck is Valve :I

Good question wasn't there supossed to be Portal 2 and Half-Life previews?

mankvill
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Good question wasn't there supossed to be Portal 2 and Half-Life previews?

They canceled it, but then didn't cancel it, then lied about canceling it, then lied about lieing about canceling it. All this in character as someone from Aperture Science. So who the fuck knows. Everyone knows they really want to fucking see something from Valve, though.

powerslave_85
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Hot damn, that new 360 looks slick. Great price, too. I might have to get one.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Ubisoft in a half hour.

Someone posted an e-mail from Gabe Newell saying he just went into rehearsals so there MIGHT be something from Valve tongiht. I dunno. I hope so, so hard.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
WOW! That Old Republic trailer was so awesome I had to watch it three times in a row! The main Sith guy featured reminds me of Darth Bane.
I really hope Valve has some type of announcement I really want to know what that teaser is all about.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
WOW! That Old Republic trailer was so awesome I had to watch it three times in a row! The main Sith guy featured reminds me of Darth Bane.
I really hope Valve has some type of announcement I really want to know what that teaser is all about.

From GiantBomb.com:

[3:25 PM] Bioware really knows how to put together a trailer. They're currently showing a super dramatic, all CG tease for Knights of the Old Republic. The game, the last time I played it several months ago, could do nothing like what I'm seeing here.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Portal, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two Updates Released

Updates to Portal, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Fixed crash when local sound cache files were corrupt
Hide cursor when playing movies in game

Movies in game

What

OH GOD GUYS THERES A CLUE IN THE GAMES!!!!

SomewhereInTime72
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
a. Dammit valve.

b. Crysis 2 is the coolest thing I've seen at the conference so far

c. Is it just me or did EA manage do have a more enticing presentation than microsoft... :eyes:

mankvill
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
a. Dammit valve.

b. Crysis 2 is the coolest thing I've seen at the conference so far

c. Is it just me or did EA manage do have a more enticing presentation than microsoft... :eyes:

Microsoft is banking heavily on Kinect. I think it outdoes Wii because of 1:1 motion, depth perception, voice and facial recognition and full body scanning instead of just arms/legs, but of course when something new and revolutionary comes out, the first things to come with it is bullshit.

SomewhereInTime72
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I dunno. It just seems like a way more advanced version of the sony eyetoy from forever ago, mixed with wii sensibility (which in terms of game development is pretty much from forever ago as well). Motion controls are pretty much dead to me, because they seem to be a waste of time and ideas when it comes to good games. Any Wii game that seems good for more than a half hour anymore doesn't even use the "omg motion" aspect for the most part. The wii remote has mostly been reduced to point-and-click and maybe a shake instead of a button... for the sake of fun over gimmicks. Kinect seems to take the inherent flaws in the wii's design, and then expand upon them... :bouville:

edit: I'll want to try it before I can outright say it's bad, of course. But as of now I can say that it seems anything but promising.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Ubi starting now. My stream is weak, but I'll be doing the same thing.

JLRedWing13
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Hoping for some Zelda news tomorrow.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Hoping for some Zelda news tomorrow.

Heavily rumored that the new Zelda will be shown

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 05:49 PM
From GiantBomb.com:

[3:25 PM] Bioware really knows how to put together a trailer. They're currently showing a super dramatic, all CG tease for Knights of the Old Republic. The game, the last time I played it several months ago, could do nothing like what I'm seeing here.

I'm well aware of that but Bioware has yet to disappoint me so I believe this game will be awesome.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Lazer tag WTF Ubisoft?!?! :tp:

mankvill
06-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Ubisoft showed...laser tag?

What?

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
A breathing game? What are these programmers smoking? I want some damnit!

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Ubisoft showed...laser tag?

What?

Yes, laser tag no bs :lol:

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Assassin's Creed :party:
So pumped for that.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
^ Yes, Assassins Creed Brotherhood has been the highlight of the Ubisoft press conference so far.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
A new Driver? Hopefully it doesn't suck ass like the last one.

MPF
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Digging almost everything so far. I hate the fact ath Value is constaly fucking with us. Just realse the damn info guys!

I can't wait for Gears Of War 3. Old Republic looks badass as well.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Michael Jackson now Ubisoft you have to be kidding me? :tp:

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
^ Yes, Assassins Creed Brotherhood has been the highlight of the Ubisoft press conference so far.

I stopped watching after that lol. That was all I cared about. AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. The best part of the series if you ask me is the story. I love how they don't even give away the main plot in any of the ads so when you actually play it's completely unexpected.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Ubisoft:

Child of Eden
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - November 16th
Shaun White Skateboarding
Motionsports - only on Xbox 360
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
Raving Rabbids: Travel In Time - November 9th
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Driver - San Francisco
Project Dust - 2011
Rayman
Maniaplanet (Trackmania 2, Shootmania, Questmania)
Some stupid Michael Jackson thing

...Battle Tag? - It's fucking Laser Tag
Innergy - It's some stupid heart rate monitor thing

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I stopped watching after that lol. That was all I cared about. AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. The best part of the series if you ask me is the story. I love how they don't even give away the main plot in any of the ads so when you actually play it's completely unexpected.

I liked the first one and hope to get to the second one soon.

EA has had the best conference so far in my opinion.

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Off topic, but whatever happened to Star Wars Battlefront III

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6202680.html

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I liked the first one and hope to get to the second one soon.

EA has had the best conference so far in my opinion.
The second one blows it away. Get it ASAP.

It turned into Elite Squadron.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
No Valve today. Maybe soon, but not tonight.

mankvill
06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Tuesday E3 Schedule
8:30AM -- 5:30PM
- 9:00 AM Nintendo Media Briefing
- 12:00 PM Sony Media Briefing
- 1:00 PM TBA (To Be Announced)
- 1:20 PM TBA
- 1:40 PM Half-Life 3
- 2:00 PM Microsoft Xbox 360 Demo (TBA)
- 2:20 PM Microsoft Xbox 360 Demo (TBA)
- 2:40 PM Ubisoft Demo (TBA)
- 3:00 PM Crysis 2
- 3:20 PM Ubisoft Demo (TBA)
- 3:40 PM Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
- 4:00 PM Madden NFL 11
- 4:20 PM Sony Move - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
- 4:40 PM NCAA Football 11
- 5:00 PM EA Sports MMA
- 5:20 PM Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- 5:40 PM Halo: Reach

Don't know if this is real or not, but we'll see...

TonyD
06-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Is this all on G4?

mankvill
06-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Is this all on G4?

I don't get G4 here, but apparently their coverage of E3 today is over.

I've been watching the streams on either IGN, Gametrailers, Youtube, or each company's respective website.

evildeadjedi
06-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Is this all on G4?

Most likely

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Nintendo 3DS.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Do want. (Then again, no one knows if it's even good or not).

Fires Of Sedition
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Gears 3 campaign will be amazing. Multiplayer will be shit, of course.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Gears 3 campaign will be amazing. Multiplayer will be shit, of course.

whine more!

I didn't see any of Nintendo's conference, but looking at the live blogs, they undoubtedly won E3.

New Zelda. New Donkey Kong. New Kirby. New Kid Icarus. New...everything, really.

Sony is pretty insufferable.

TonyD
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
...and a new Star Wars game I don't have half a life to dedicate to.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 01:01 PM
...and a new Star Wars game I don't have half a life to dedicate to.

While Microsoft's conference was underwhelming, at least they showed games.

Sony brought out Kevin Butler and he said, "It's time to talk about what matters: GAMES." and then he went on to not mention any games and instead of read from some horribly scripted "epic speech" about how gamers are a brotherhood and whatever.

Embarassing.

TonyD
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
:lol: That sucks. Anybody who is part of a "brotherhood" in video games needs to move out of their parents house.

rjturtle9
06-15-2010, 01:27 PM
:lol: That sucks. Anybody who is part of a "brotherhood" in video games needs to move out of their parents house.

:lol:

mankvill
06-15-2010, 01:34 PM
They're FINALLY showing games, but it's all multiplatform.

Gabe Newell came out and showed Portal 2.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM
My review of the conferences:

Microsoft: D. Some good games, but way too much emphasis on Kinect and way too much shovelware Wii-type games.

Nintendo: A. Hot damn. They must've actually been listening. Too many fantastic games announced.

Sony: C. Some pretty good games including Twisted Metal which looks like a blast, but Move is seriously underwhelming.

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Nintendo wins without a doubt.

The only thing that got me excited about Sony was Twisted Metal. Head On was the first game I had for the PSP and I loved it. This new one looks sick. The exlusive content for AC: Brotherhood and the port of Dead Space: Extraction to the PS3 was cool as well.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Sony was abysmal when it was talking about Move and about PSP, and most of the games they showed were multiplatform, but Twisted Metal looked fun and Infamous 2 will be cool.

SomewhereInTime72
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Move actually looks pretty good, but it's about 3 years too late to make a difference to anyone.

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah Sony's was pretty boring. The only somewhat interesting thing I saw for the Move was Sorcery.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Move actually looks pretty good, but it's about 3 years too late to make a difference to anyone.

What they showed for Move, Wii has done three years ago. Hell, that Harry Potter game looks exactly like a game I got for Christmas like 6 years ago. (Harry Potter)

1:1 movement is a joke. I still think Kinect, once it gets out of its body-wagglan and shovelware phase, has huge potential.

SomewhereInTime72
06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
What they showed for Move, Wii has done three years ago. Hell, that Harry Potter game looks exactly like a game I got for Christmas like 6 years ago. (Harry Potter)

1:1 movement is a joke. I still think Kinect, once it gets out of its body-wagglan and shovelware phase, has huge potential.

True, it seems like we've already seen everything that move can do (it implies that it's better than Wii, but that's not really true with the wii motion plus out there). Kinect is kind of like, unknown potential. We still can't tell if it will become amazing or forever stay in a terribad phase...

I think Nintendo kinda won the conference this year. A lot of really cool things. Sony were alright too (Portal 2... kind of a WTF). But Microsoft didn't actually have much of anything to say except LOL KINECT KINECT KINECT and they were pretty fucking terrible. Microsoft, I am disappoint.

TonyD
06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Are there any pictures of this Kinetic thing yet?

mankvill
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
True, it seems like we've already seen everything that move can do (it implies that it's better than Wii, but that's not really true with the wii motion plus out there). Kinect is kind of like, unknown potential. We still can't tell if it will become amazing or forever stay in a terribad phase...

I think Nintendo kinda won the conference this year. A lot of really cool things. Sony were alright too (Portal 2... kind of a WTF). But Microsoft didn't actually have much of anything to say except LOL KINECT KINECT KINECT and they were pretty fucking terrible. Microsoft, I am disappoint.

Nintendo:

Zelda
Kirby
Kid Icarus
Dragon Quest
Donkey Kong
Metroid
A million other things
Awesome.

Microsoft:

Halo
Gears of War
Crytek game
Fable
Kinect (when not used for waggle shit)
Potential.

Sony:

Killzone 3
LittleBigPlanet 2 (it can finally do things other than platformers)
InFamous 2
Twisted Metal
Move shit that isn't waggle
Disappointing.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Wondering what next year's Red Dead Redemption will be. That is, next year's "game that totally envelops and immerses people who don't generally give a shit about video games."

evildeadjedi
06-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Wondering what next year's Red Dead Redemption will be. That is, next year's "game that totally envelops and immerses people who don't generally give a shit about video games."

Infamous 2 has a great shot at doing that.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Infamous 2 has a great shot at doing that.

*googles*

Damn, looks really cool. :fist:

Unfortunately it seems like studios want to shit out as many Call of Duty/Halo or Gears of War clones (or just sequels for those franchises themselves) and then those become the games everyone talks about. Problem is I pretty much hate shooters, so I have to dig deeper, or wait for a studio to actually try to make something that interests me and bother to advertise it.

My favorite games besides Red Dead Redemption in this generation of systems have been Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Assassin's Creed, and, uh...NBA Live installments. :eyes:

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
My reaction to Portal 2:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I0KlWPiJ0R8/SgVM_OHqVDI/AAAAAAAAADc/7JiF6_nQfc0/s320/noyphh.jpg

evildeadjedi
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
*googles*

Damn, looks really cool. :fist:

Unfortunately it seems like studios want to shit out as many Call of Duty/Halo or Gears of War clones (or just sequels for those franchises themselves) and then those become the games everyone talks about. Problem is I pretty much hate shooters, so I have to dig deeper, or wait for a studio to actually try to make something that interests me and bother to advertise it.

My favorite games besides Red Dead Redemption in this generation of systems have been Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Assassin's Creed, and, uh...NBA Live installments. :eyes:

The new Mortal Kombat Fatality along with Marvel vs Capcom 3 would probably be right up your alley as well. What systems do you own?

mankvill
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
My reaction to Portal 2:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I0KlWPiJ0R8/SgVM_OHqVDI/AAAAAAAAADc/7JiF6_nQfc0/s320/noyphh.jpg

Did you see the behind the scenes gameplay?

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
The new Mortal Kombat Fatality along with Marvel vs Capcom 3 would probably be right up your alley as well. What systems do you own?

Just an XBox 360. Which sucks because the new NBA Jam, which looks like it could be the most fun hoops game ever, is Wii only.

Maiden33
06-15-2010, 08:30 PM

Case in point: I am considering buying a gaming system (The only one I ever owned was a second-hand original Playstation) when I have money (Christmas), largely in part because of the reviews I've seen of this game and that I want to play it.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Case in point: I am considering buying a gaming system (The only one I ever owned was a second-hand original Playstation) when I have money (Christmas), largely in part because of the reviews I've seen of this game and that I want to play it.

Well worth it, man. Definitely comfortable calling it my favorite game of all time now.

evildeadjedi
06-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Just an XBox 360. Which sucks because the new NBA Jam, which looks like it could be the most fun hoops game ever, is Wii only.

Oh okay, well Infamous 2 is a Sony exclusive. However, Mortal Kombat and Marvel VS Capcom 3 are coming to both ps3 and 360. Dead Rising 2 (multi) and Crackdown 2 (360 exclusive) might peak you interest as well. Fallout even though it has shooter elements is by and large an rpg set in a post apocalyptic world. The new one New Vegas comes out this fall. Fable 3 should be interesting if you liked the last two. Rockstar was supposed to have a new game called LA Noire at E3 but they are absent and claim the game is coming out fall of this year (however knowing Rockstar this is doubtful). New Dead Space and Assassins Creed games look awesome as well.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Oh okay, well Infamous 2 is a Sony exclusive. However, Mortal Kombat and Marvel VS Capcom 3 are coming to both ps3 and 360. Dead Rising 2 (multi) and Crackdown 2 (360 exclusive) might peak you interest as well. Fallout even though it has shooter elements is by and large an rpg set in a post apocalyptic world. The new one New Vegas comes out this fall. Fable 3 should be interesting if you liked the last two. Rockstar was supposed to have a new game called LA Noire at E3 but they are absent and claim the game is coming out fall of this year (however knowing Rockstar this is doubtful). New Dead Space and Assassins Creed games look awesome as well.

I'm too casual for Fallout. :lol: Games don't hold my interest long enough for me to play the big RPGs, unfortunately. Looking forward to some of that stuff though, man. Thanks for the heads-up. :fist:

evildeadjedi
06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm too casual for Fallout. :lol: Games don't hold my interest long enough for me to play the big RPGs, unfortunately. Looking forward to some of that stuff though, man. Thanks for the heads-up. :fist:

Oh okay I know some people like that there should be stuff for you in the coming months and next year. Dead Rising 2 is another title I'm really excited for cause I had lots of fun with the first one. Not much better than going through a mall full of zombies bashing in their heads with a cash register, smacking golf balls into their faces, using chainsaws to hack off limbs, driving a convertible through them, etc. :D Fighting psycho bosses like a homicidal clown, escaped cons, and a crazed supermarket owner in an armed shopping cart, etc.

Fires Of Sedition
06-16-2010, 02:46 AM
whine more!

You just wait and see!

powerslave_85
06-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Just watched the official Gran Turismo 5 trailer. Shit. I might need to get a PS3.

mankvill
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Konami is doing their thing right now, but I'm not watching it.