PDA

View Full Version : DT to play Destroyer on Maiden tour?

jerry1013
06-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Read a couple of things on KISS boards saying Dream Theater is going to be playing KISS's 1976 album Destroyer in it's entirety. Just wanting to know if anybody here has heard the same thing?

IrritatedTrout
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I haven't heard that but it'd be awesome.

Sanitarium78
06-13-2010, 06:07 PM
That's news to me but I don't think they would do that. Musically it's way to simple for them. Plus, it doesn't make much sense. If you've got a limited amount of time on an opening slot like this, and you've got a big chance to gain some new fans, why play someone elses stuff? This is Dream Theater so who really knows but it just seems counter productive to having such a great opportunity like they have right now opening for Maiden. They gain nothing by doing the album at all.

DethMaiden
06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
As much as I like the setlist they've been doing, I would be really happy if I got this. Hearing one of my favorite rock records by a band I can't afford to see in its entirety is hard to bitch about.

Still, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Fratt
06-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmm, no offense to Kiss fans, but it would be incredibly dumb ... those who pay to see DT want to hear prog metal, not Detroit Rock city.

Indestructible
06-13-2010, 06:17 PM
They can play one song of the album i wouldnt mind but not the whole thing. Im there to hear dream theater and iron maiden songs not to hear DT do a whole album from a band I dislike.

makethemsuffer12
06-13-2010, 07:17 PM
That would suck total absolute donkey balls. I want to see a fucking DREAM THEATER set, not a goddamn Kiss album.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
That would suck total absolute donkey balls. I want to see a fucking DREAM THEATER set, not a goddamn Kiss album.

This. Would be astronomically stupid - yet something Dream Theater probably would do.

300%_Density
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Mike Portnoy + Beth = *shudder*
Amazing drummer obviously but uhhh... No further comments.

DethMaiden
06-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike Portnoy + Beth = *shudder*
Amazing drummer obviously but uhhh... No further comments.

:lol: Would he necessarily sing it, just because Peter Criss did? The only vocals we know of from Portnoy are his shouted vocals in A Nightmare to Remember, Constant Motion, and the like. Not sure how those would sound in Beth. :lol:

BETH I HEAR YOU CALLING!
BUT I CAN'T COME HOME RIGHT NOW!
ME AND THE BOYS ARE PLAYING!
AND WE JUST CAN'T FIND THE SOUND!
RAAAAAAAAAWR!

MPF
06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
It's not going to happen. Mike Portnoy already stated that outside of a possible 1 song switch, the setlist they have going right now, is the setlist for the whole tour.

DT only covers albums when they are doing a 2 night "evening With..." at the same venue. That's not happeing till at least 2011 or possibly 2012.

300%_Density
06-13-2010, 08:26 PM
:lol: Would he necessarily sing it, just because Peter Criss did? The only vocals we know of from Portnoy are his shouted vocals in A Nightmare to Remember, Constant Motion, and the like. Not sure how those would sound in Beth. :lol:

BETH I HEAR YOU CALLING!
BUT I CAN'T COME HOME RIGHT NOW!
ME AND THE BOYS ARE PLAYING!
AND WE JUST CAN'T FIND THE SOUND!
RAAAAAAAAAWR!

Lol yep. My point exactly. It would prob be a train wreck. But if the thought doesn't make you laugh a little there is no hope. :D

TonyD
06-13-2010, 10:22 PM
If they did Beth semi-sarcastically it would be great. But again, not thread worthy.