PDA

View Full Version : Sweden Rock Festival Day 4 -- Solvesborg, Sweden -- June 12th, 2010

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Fates Warning (13:30-14:45)
Leave The Past Behind
Life In Still Water
Eye To Eye
The Eleventh Hour
Point of View
We Only Say Goodbye
Don't Follow Me
Face The Fear
One
A Pleasant Shade of Grey Part 3
Another Perfect Day
Through Different Eyes
Monument

Winger (17:00-18:10)
Pull Me Under
Blind Revolution Mind
Easy Come Easy Go
Stone Cold Killer
Rainbow In The Rose
Deal With The Devil
Down Incognito
John Roth guitar solo
Your Great Escape
Reb Beach guitar solo
You Are The Saint, I Am The Sinner
Rod Morgenstein drum solo
Header For Heartbreak
Can't Get Enuff
Seventeen
Madaleine

*set cut by from 90 to 70 minutes due to the delay with Unisonic's set

Cathedal (12:00-13:15)
Funeral of Dreams
Enter The Worm
North Berwick Witch Trials
Utopian Blaster
Cosmic Funeral
Carnival Bizarre
The Casket Chasers
Corpse Cycle
Hopkins (Witchfinder General)

Unisonic (16:00-16:50)
Cross The Line
I'll Be Gone
Set Me Free
Souls Alive
Sign of The Times
Streets of Fire
The Setting Sun
My Guardian Angel
Kids of The Century
A Little Time (incl. Victim of Changes)

*delayed by nearly an hour and cut to just 50 minutes because the top of the sound tower collapsed in the wind.

Guns N' Roses (00:15-02:30)
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Richard Fortus solo (James Bond theme)
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Rocket Queen
Dizzy Reed solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Another Brick In The Wall jam
November Rain
Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther theme)
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nighttrain
-----------------
Madagascar
Better
Paradise City

W.A.S.P. (a.k.a. complete joke) (21:45-23:15)
On Your Knees/The Torture Never Stops
L.O.V.E. Machine
Wild Child
The Last Command
Crazy
Hellion
Widowmaker >
Sleeping (In The Fire)
Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
Babylon's Burning
The Idol
I Wanna Be Somebody
Blind In Texas

Anvil (20:15-21:30)
March of The Crabs
School Love
Winged Assassins
This Is Thirteen
Mothra
Flying Blind
Thumb Hang
White Rhino
Mad Dog
Forged In Fire
Metal On Metal

Opeth (18:15-19:45)
Windowpane
The Grand Conjuration
The Lotus Eater
The Drapery Falls
Advent
Demon of The Fall
Deliverance
Blackwater Park

The Ghost at Number One
06-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Any chance of getting the Opeth set?

JLRedWing13
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
LOL @ W.A.S.P. aka complete joke.

Alvitus
06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Why "a.k.a. complete joke"?

I read they rocks yesterday!

SplinterMech
06-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Watain (partial setlist)
Sworn to the Dark
A Fine Day to Die (Bathory Cover)
The Return of Darkness and Evil (Bathory Cover)

Would have fucking loved to have seen "A Fine Day to Die" live. I'm really interested to see what other Bathory tunes they played as well.

DethMaiden
06-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Watain (partial setlist)
Sworn to the Dark
A Fine Day to Die (Bathory Cover)
The Return of Darkness and Evil (Bathory Cover)

Would have fucking loved to have seen "A Fine Day to Die" live. I'm really interested to see what other Bathory tunes they played as well.

I heard they actually did two separate sets, one of Watain material and one of Bathory covers. So I think Sworn to the Dark may not have even been played on the same day as those other two. :lol:

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone have the Stratovarius or Grave Digger setlists?

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
I heard they actually did two separate sets, one of Watain material and one of Bathory covers.

That was what they said they'd do, yes. I didn't watch them, so have no idea.

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Any chance of getting the Opeth set?

Later: Opeth

No, none :tp:

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Anyone have the Stratovarius or Grave Digger setlists?

Sorry, I watched GN'R and Bigelf instead.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I wonder why WASP never does Mean Man.

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Why "a.k.a. complete joke"?

I read they rocks yesterday!

Because of the set they played vs what was promised.

The Summer European tour was supposed to be a set comprised entirely of songs from the first two albums. But instead they played two from the new album (claiming "we realised that in this country you made it a big hit for us!", which I'm certain they say in every country and the real reason is "we realised we might have to rehearse some different songs if we don't play the ones we've already been playing"), and pointlessly two from 'The Crimson Idol'.

Not only did they play these songs that weren't from the first two albums, these four songs were suspiciously also four songs from the previous tour's setlist. As were most of the songs they did play from the old albums. In actual fact, they broke out precisely two rare songs from those albums that haven't been played in years.

For a special set, two special songs is a joke.

Long answer to a short question ;)

Their performance was actually very good, and if you're a fan and haven't yet seen Doug Blair do the solo in 'The Idol', you haven't seen the solo in 'The Idol'.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I wonder why WASP never does Mean Man.

Blackie has become rather religious over the years and has vowed not to play certain songs anymore. I am not sure if "Mean Man" is part of it but due to the lyrical content it may be. He already said he will not be playing "Animal (F*ck Like A Beast)" anymore. There is a new band being formed by former members of W.A.S.P. called W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) and promised to play songs not being heard in current W.A.S.P. sets such as "Animal" and "Mean Man". The line up of this band consists of: Chris Holmes (guitar; ex-W.A.S.P.), Randy Piper (guitar; ANIMAL, ex-W.A.S.P.), Steve Unger (bass; ex-METAL CHURCH), Rich Lewis (vocals; ANIMAL) and Stet Howland (drums; ex-W.A.S.P.). They will be making their live debut sometime in July. I am sure they will sound good but there is still no voice like Blackie's that can sing these songs. Too bad he's not doing them anymore.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Blackie has become rather religious over the years and has vowed not to play certain songs anymore. I am not sure if "Mean Man" is part of it but due to the lyrical content it may be. He already said he will not be playing "Animal (F*ck Like A Beast)" anymore. There is a new band being formed by former members of W.A.S.P. called W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) and promised to play songs not being heard in current W.A.S.P. sets such as "Animal" and "Mean Man". The line up of this band consists of: Chris Holmes (guitar; ex-W.A.S.P.), Randy Piper (guitar; ANIMAL, ex-W.A.S.P.), Steve Unger (bass; ex-METAL CHURCH), Rich Lewis (vocals; ANIMAL) and Stet Howland (drums; ex-W.A.S.P.). They will be making their live debut sometime in July. I am sure they will sound good but there is still no voice like Blackie's that can sing these songs. Too bad he's not doing them anymore.
Ah, I see why they don't do it anymore.

Oh, brother! You have to be joking me. I mean about the new band that's being formed. Well, whatever.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I personally want to hear W.A.S.P. do "The Torture Never Stops" and Blackie recently said in an interview with MetalAsylum.net that we may get that in their set in the near future, it was even a possibility for the European tour this summer as they have not played that song since 1985. You can read the interview here and also hear his opinions on the songs "The Last Command", "Restless Gypsy", "The Horror", "Forever Free" and "The Heretic" and if he would consider playing them in the live set - http://www.metalasylum.net/interviews/2010/i1001.php

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 07:33 PM
I am sure they will sound good but there is still no voice like Blackie's that can sing these songs

If there's one it's Rich Lewis.

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I personally want to hear W.A.S.P. do "The Torture Never Stops"

It was... underwhelming. I wanted more rare stuff. Fistful of Diamonds, Jack Action, Running Wild In The Streets.

The setlist was a mess.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
It was... underwhelming. I wanted more rare stuff. Fistful of Diamonds, Jack Action, Running Wild In The Streets.

The setlist was a mess.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice "Torture" in the set till you just said that! I saw "On Your Knees" originally and didn't read past that figuring it was the same kick off as the US tour. Too bad it didn't sound too good for ya. I am still glad Blackie atleast followed through with that and played it.

ravenheart
06-13-2010, 07:42 PM
I am still glad Blackie atleast followed through with that and played it.

Yeah, at least he followed through with something.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah, at least he followed through with something.

Yeah, not a very reliable guy, especially with the Allentown cancellation nonsense he pulled earlier this year.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 08:11 PM
if you're a fan and haven't yet seen Doug Blair do the solo in 'The Idol', you haven't seen the solo in 'The Idol'.

Agreed. He does an excellent job with that, which for me is a big thing to admit. Bob Kulick's performance on TCI is one of my favorite guitar/album performances ever.

SplinterMech
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
I heard they actually did two separate sets, one of Watain material and one of Bathory covers. So I think Sworn to the Dark may not have even been played on the same day as those other two. :lol:

While I know they did separate the sets, I'm pretty sure they played them on the same day, just with a break in between, with 45 minutes allotted to each set. Knowing only three of the songs they played overall, I wasn't going to bother separating them :tongue:

Alvitus
06-14-2010, 03:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTnTtsDpmPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_XqXZUAhY&feature=related

Look at this :) And thank you Ravenheart for your replay!

I love WASP and i saw them this october in Milan.. Great great show and good job for Doug

ravenheart
06-14-2010, 04:21 AM
While I know they did separate the sets, I'm pretty sure they played them on the same day, just with a break in between, with 45 minutes allotted to each set.

Correct.

Derelict
06-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Was it anticlimactic seeing Opeth after seeing the XX set a couple months ago?

ravenheart
06-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Was it anticlimactic seeing Opeth after seeing the XX set a couple months ago?

Erm, not really. They just don't suit a festival setting. There were some die-hards down the front loving it all, but really most people weren't that into them, even fans like myself. They need to be in theatres.

ravenheart
06-14-2010, 05:50 AM
First post updated with Opeth.

The_jman
06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
First post updated with Opeth.
why do you have question marks after deliverance, was there another song played there?

ShatteredFlame
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Well that Opeth set does seem anticlimactic from how great the XX tour setlist was.

But pretty weak setlist. Demon of the Fall not played last, what is that?

ravenheart
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
why do you have question marks after deliverance, was there another song played there?

Yep.

ravenheart
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Demon of the Fall not played last, what is that?

Variety. I'm certainly tired of them closing sets with it, they probably are too.

The_jman
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Yep.
Ah Ok, anyone else know which song was played there?

jhdeity
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
As bad as it may seem I would have killed to see that WASP set compared to the shit they've been playing

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
As bad as it may seem I would have killed to see that WASP set compared to the shit they've been playing

It's not that different. That's the point of the bitching. They added Hellion, The last Command, Sleeping in the Fire, and part of The Torture Never Stops in place of The Real Me, Arena of Pleasure, Take Me Up, and Heaven's Hung in Black. If you like the old stuff, it's obvious to prefer the one from Sweden Rock, but I don't think they're so different that you could say one set is shit and the other is fine.

jhdeity
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
It's not that different. That's the point of the bitching. They added Hellion, The last Command, Sleeping in the Fire, and part of The Torture Never Stops in place of The Real Me, Arena of Pleasure, Take Me Up, and Heaven's Hung in Black. If you like the old stuff, it's obvious to prefer the one from Sweden Rock, but I don't think they're so different that you could say one set is shit and the other is fine.

Widowmaker

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Widowmaker

I saw it in 2006, but yeah, it's not something they do all the time.

ravenheart
06-15-2010, 02:30 AM
Widowmaker

They've done Widowmaker, Hellion and Sleeping (In The Fire) on recent tours.

The ONLY special additions to this set were The Torture Never Stops and The Last Command.

Not good enough.

Alvitus
06-15-2010, 03:47 AM
I saw them this winter in Milan.. Great show and great setlisti.. But guy, this one is better!

I'll see them again this summer at Wacken Festival.. I hope it will be great :)

ravenheart
06-15-2010, 04:02 AM
I saw them this winter in Milan.. Great show and great setlisti.. But guy, this one is better!:)

It's not a question of whether or not it's better than the Babylon tour setlist (which is personal preference for specific songs), but more that it's not what Blackie promised. He said it would be a special set from the first two albums, and it isn't. It's a joke.

ravenheart
06-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Opeth set updated. Now complete.

The Ghost at Number One
06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Opeth set updated. Now complete.Thanks!

daimonos
06-15-2010, 08:10 AM
I didn't know it was possible to complain about an Opeth setlist...

At least I never would :lol:

ravenheart
06-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I didn't know it was possible to complain about an Opeth setlist...

At least I never would :lol:

It's as possible as for any other band if they keep playing the same songs...

SplinterMech
06-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Okay, so here's the full Watain setlist, though the order is up for debate.

Watain - Main Set
Malfeitor
Sworn to the Dark
I Am the Earth
Wolves Curse
Reaping Death
Stellarvore
On Horns Impaled
------------------
Watain - Bathory Tribute
A Fine Day to Die
The Return of Darkness and Evil
Reaper
Sacrifice
Enter the Eternal Fire
Born For Burning

Videos here:
Sworn to the Dark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyk-bHe5Tjo)
Intro with Quorthon's Father/A Fine Day to Die (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdTHFe6-qg8)
A Fine Day to Die (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8V-cjiGE54)
Sacrifice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMUTlhlrY7Q)
Born For Burning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yJRKYYUArw)

daimonos
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
It's as possible as for any other band if they keep playing the same songs...

That does make sense.

But I've only seen them once, so seeing them again at any point wouldn't disappoint me, no matter what they play. Hell, they could play the same set as last time and I would be completely content :lol:

JRA
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
------------------
Watain - Bathory Tribute
Reaper
Enter the Eternal Fire
Born For Burning

FUCK YES AND A HALF!!!

Bloodcurse
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Watain:

Malfeitor
Sworn to the Dark
I Am the Earth
Wolves Curse
Reaping Death
Stellarvore
On Horns Impaled
---------Bathory set---------
A Fine Day to Die
The Return of Darkness and Evil
Reaper
Enter the Eternal Fire
Sacrifice
Born For Burning

mankvill
07-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Fuckin Bathory is fucking amazing and fucking Quorthon is one of the most important people in metal.

Bloodcurse
07-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Shit, I didnt see that the Watain list was already on here.