09-Wildest Dreams
10-No More Lies
11-Brave New World
12-Fear Of The Dark
13-Iron Maiden
14-Number Of The Beast
15-Hallowed Be Thy Name
16-Running Free

Source: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13723&page=9 Coming in live I see!

IrritatedTrout
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Good news: looks like Pasch and DoD are rotating.

Bad news: fucking Wrathchild.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Yeah, god dammit. Of all the overplayed "hits". The only thing I think I would want less is Run to the Hills or maybe Can I Play With Madness. At least The Trooper, 2 Minutes, and The Evil That Men Do are great songs that just happen to be overplayed.

Maybe there'll be another change in the set. I almost hope note. Sure, there's like a 10% chance it could get better, but I fear that there's like a 90% chance it'll get worse.

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Wrathchild IS a great song, it just shouldn't have replaced an 8.5 minute song.

Dissimulate
06-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Why not just add Wrathchild?

mankvill
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Wrathchild IS a great song, it just shouldn't have replaced an 8.5 minute song.

THIS

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Why not just add Wrathchild?

Good point. 3 extra minutes wouldn't have made a difference.

IrritatedTrout
06-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Because it's been their cop-out song for the past few years of their career. Charlotte the Harlot? Brighter Than a Thousand Suns? No, let's do goddamn fuckin Wrathchild.:mad:

JRA
06-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Because it's been their cop-out song for the past few years of their career. Charlotte the Harlot? Brighter Than a Thousand Suns? No, let's do goddamn fuckin Wrathchild.:mad:

yup.

PowerMaiden
06-12-2010, 06:58 PM

this

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Agreed, except Charlotte the Harlot is one of the songs I actually want to hear less than Wrathchild. Even the fact that it'd be a rarity can't quite save that one.

Pastulio_
06-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I say we don't know for sure if Paschendale and Dance of Death are rotating until the next show. Probably is gonna rotate, but not for sure.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:08 PM
How much you wanna bet that when they tour to fully support TFF next year, that they'll keep WC in?

Dissimulate
06-12-2010, 07:10 PM
How much you wanna bet that when they tour to fully support TFF next year, that they'll keep WC in?
Nah, they'll do another AMOLAD.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:11 PM

I actually have a strong belief that Maiden will probably do this again next year. Smaller venues, less dates, full (or close to) new album, still light on "hits".

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:11 PM

That would be SWEET! :party:

Breezy
06-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Is everybody really that upset over the loss of brighter than a thousand suns? the whole matter of life and death album is a snoozer for me. i was happy they dropped it in houston. honestly i'd be happy if they dropped the other two songs from it as well

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Is everybody really that upset over the loss of brighter than a thousand suns? the whole matter of life and death album is a snoozer for me. i was happy they dropped it in houston. honestly i'd be happy if they dropped the other two songs from it as well

Fuck that, Brighter is the best song on AMOLAD, which, while worse than DOD and BNW, is a solid record that I really enjoy listening to.

EDIT: I'd rather hear The Legacy or The Longest Day rather than Colours though.

es156
06-12-2010, 07:35 PM

Get out.

:mad:

Butcher of Birth
06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd rather other song than Wrathchild... I mean I can only Dream... of Mirrors... But that is such an "infinite dream" by itself... MUHAHAHAHAHAH!

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I'd rather other song than Wrathchild... I mean I can only Dream... of Mirrors... But that is such an "infinite dream" by itself... MUHAHAHAHAHAH!

That 2nd song you mention would be BEYOND AMAZING in the set!

Pastulio_
06-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Did you do something there? Cause if you did, I don't think I saw it...

Butcher of Birth
06-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Did you do something there? Cause if you did, I don't think I saw it...

"Infinite Dreams" is track two on:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Iron_Maiden_-_Seventh_Son_Of_A_Seventh_Son.jpg

And "Dream of Mirrors" is track 6 on:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Iron_Maiden_-_Brave_New_World.jpg

Make Sense Yet?

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I think he was joking. :eyes:

Pastulio_
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I see I wasn't using my complete sarcasm font there. Dream of Mirrors is one of my favorite BNW songs, and Infinite Dreams is just awesome.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I will give Maiden a little credit for have 3 nights in a row with 3 different setlists. Maybe they can go for 4 and give us one of the songs Butcher mentioned. Actually, for a shorter song, Flight Of Icarus would be great in place of WC! :rocker:

jerry1013
06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I like that set, I love Wrathchild live :eyes:

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I like that set, I love Wrathchild live :eyes:

http://techbuddha.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/you_suck.jpg

I'm just kidding. It's cool if you dig that song live. To each their own. :)

jerry1013
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
:mad::bliss:

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I will give Maiden a little credit for have 3 nights in a row with 3 different setlists. Maybe they can go for 4 and give us one of the songs Butcher mentioned. Actually, for a shorter song, Flight Of Icarus would be great in place of WC! :rocker:

Keep dreaming. Odds are next show will have DOD and BTATS back in. Maybe another song sub-bed out for another more traditional hit. I definitely don't expect anymore remotely "rare"-ish songs.

SomewhereInTime72
06-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Wrathchild isn't getting swapped out....

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

JRA
06-12-2010, 08:29 PM
That song really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Maiden is beginning to make me hate it.

Breezy
06-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Get out.

:mad:

mega eye roll sir

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 08:45 PM
mega eye roll sir

looking for this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Randomrage/rollbarf.bmp

Watch out though, he can ban you. :D

powerslave_85
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
None of this makes any sense. I'm going to be on pins and needles up until I'm actually at the show and they've just finished El Dorado :lol:

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Maiden in Denver, CO on Monday, June 14th.

QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

neck666face
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
calm the fuck down
are you guys really gonna question iron maiden!?

if they wanna play wrathchild they damn well better play wrathchild

Dissimulate
06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Of all the old songs they could play, why fucking Wrathchild over something everybody on the face of the Earth knows like Run To The Hills?

dualcitizenrocker
06-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I agree that Wrathchild is getting a little old but if I can put in my two cents, I think it be great if they did Woman In Uniform if the reason for Wrathchild was to play a short song from the original era. I would also love to see Prisoner or 22 acacia ave. make the set list to balance out the old and the new with some more rare stuff.

ross_r
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I just got home from San Antonio show. This is a letdown from the last tour. During the Somewhere Back in Time World Tour, everyone knew every word to every song. This tour you will hear crickets chirping in the crowd. The crowd simply does not know the words to the new songs. Sure they might know the chorus. Seriously, what average fan knows all the words to The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Blood Brothers, These Colours Don't Run, and Ghost of The Navigator? I would guess not many by the silence of the crowd. It is really too bad that Iron Maiden decided to ignore the first decade (and best decade) of music during this tour. I welcome new music, but only 5 of the 16 songs were from the 1980's. Don't ignore your finist decade of music!

Overall it still was a great concert, but I wish they would add 2-3 more songs from their finest decade the 80's. This would make it even. One half old, and one half new would be a perfect balance.

maidenpriest
06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
uhh if they ignored their "best period" then they wouldnt have played anything from that era. but they still played some of it, they just prefer to focus on a different era at the moment.

JRA
06-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Of all the old songs they could play, why fucking Wrathchild over something everybody on the face of the Earth knows like Run To The Hills?

Seriously, I've never understood that. As sick as I am of Sanctuary, at least it has the excuse of being a top 30 UK hit. The ultimate irony is that Wrathcild was never released as a single yet they continue to play it live, whereas the song that actually was released as the single, Twilight Zone, everybody and their mother would kill to hear live again!

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Seriously, I've never understood that. As sick as I am of Sanctuary, at least it has the excuse of being a top 30 UK hit. The ultimate irony is that Wrathcild was never released as a single yet they continue to play it live, whereas the song that actually was released as the single, Twilight Zone, everybody and their mother would kill to hear live again!

NOT me. One of my least favorite Maiden songs, period.

"Purgatory" = much better example.

Or fuck, Flight of Icarus - their most successful US single of their career, and a song I've NEVER heard a Maiden fan say they didn't like, or would be opposed to seeing live. Yet it hasn't been played live since 1985.

Crionics
06-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Hm if Pasch and DOD are rotating, I'll get Pasch, but did Wrathchild perma replace Brighter?

The_jman
06-13-2010, 07:03 AM
if they had just added wrathchild it would have messed up their apparent love for 16 song sets.
They might have added it because like it or not you can get crowd participation with it. And seriously, would people really rather hear run to the hills over wrathchild? because I wouldn't. Yes it seems cool live but IMO its way overrated. Wrathchild is rather short though. Flight would be neat to hear though.

IrritatedTrout
06-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Don't really like it but I'd take it over Wrathchild because of it beiing a rarity.

Hm if Pasch and DOD are rotating, I'll get Pasch, but did Wrathchild perma replace Brighter?

Yeah, if they rotate every night I'll get 3 to 1 Pasch to DoD (would be DoD twice but I might have to drop Cleveland, long story). I prefer Pasch but a 2:2 ratio would've been nice. I can't complain though. Gonna get to see my 2 favorite songs from DoD.

Unfortunately Wrathchild looks permanent.

evildeadjedi
06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
This tour you will hear crickets chirping in the crowd. The crowd simply does not know the words to the new songs. Sure they might know the chorus. Seriously, what average fan knows all the words to The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Blood Brothers, These Colours Don't Run, and Ghost of The Navigator? I would guess not many by the silence of the crowd.
One word... teleprompter! Put it on a digital board and a bouncy Eddie head flowing the words as they are sang. :D

scott308
06-13-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree that Wrathchild is getting a little old but if I can put in my two cents, I think it be great if they did Woman In Uniform if the reason for Wrathchild was to play a short song from the original era. I would also love to see Prisoner or 22 acacia ave. make the set list to balance out the old and the new with some more rare stuff.

I would love to see them play The Prisoner or Women in Uniform.

idrinkwine732
06-13-2010, 10:10 AM

We need one more show to truly see a pattern in their changing schedule, but I'm willing to bet that is what's happening.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Maiden in Denver, CO on Monday, June 14th.

QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

Pastulio_
06-13-2010, 10:51 AM
About Wrathchild replacing Brighter, someone on another forum said it may have been because the set was too long. Not sure if I believe it, and I'd much rather have The Evil That Men Do in that spot.

FerociousWillie
06-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok,here is my report of the event.showed up to the At&T Center,had a couple of cold ones in the parking lot full of fans blasting the tunes.Met a group of guys from Finland who work all the time,until Maiden goes on tour,then they take vacation and follow the band around.They were in the Dallas,Houston and last night's show.Good times.They wanted to go to Coyote Ugly in Downtown San Antonio,so my friends joined them there and that's the last I heard of them.
As for the concert itself,Maiden was on top of it's game once again.Good sound,good show,everyone walked out happy and fired up about seeing the best band there is.To me,Paschendale was the highlight of the night....No More Lies coming in a close second.the crowd was loud and into it all,the women were hawt....it was beautiful.

PowerMaiden
06-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Ok,here is my report of the event.showed up to the At&T Center,had a couple of cold ones in the parking lot full of fans blasting the tunes.Met a group of guys from Finland who work all the time,until Maiden goes on tour,then they take vacation and follow the band around.They were in the Dallas,Houston and last night's show.Good times.They wanted to go to Coyote Ugly in Downtown San Antonio,so my friends joined them there and that's the last I heard of them.
As for the concert itself,Maiden was on top of it's game once again.Good sound,good show,everyone walked out happy and fired up about seeing the best band there is.To me,Paschendale was the highlight of the night....No More Lies coming in a close second.the crowd was loud and into it all,the women were hawt....it was beautiful.

that's the spirit buddy !!!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

kissthat
06-13-2010, 02:32 PM
CALM DOWN about the set list They will finish this small tour,do an album tour,playing at least 5-6 songs of new album-then they will tour for re-release of Maiden England and play all those songs songs from the 80's.STILL leaving Fear of the Dark in setlist,making us all wonder what it has to do with the timeline.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 03:18 PM
CALM DOWN about the set list They will finish this small tour,do an album tour,playing at least 5-6 songs of new album-then they will tour for re-release of Maiden England and play all those songs songs from the 80's.STILL leaving Fear of the Dark in setlist,making us all wonder what it has to do with the timeline.

The next history tour will probably cover some 80's and a bit more heavy on the 90's since it's the only part of their history that hasn't been heavily covered so they'll have an excuse to keep FOTD. It was quite strange in the SBIT set though.

Sanitarium78
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Honestly eveyone here is discussing this I feel with a great deal of calmness. I don't get an angry feeling from anyone who doesn't like what they're doing. For the most part I think we're talking about this in a very civil manner. I'm sure there's a few coming off as pissed but most of us aren't at all.

I think Maiden is doing a set like this to get people talking and that's exactly what's happening here. It's always good to have something like that when you're part of a message board. The debate this set is causing, I feel has resulted in some of the best conversations i've been a part of on this board since I joined.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
There's times when I'll talk to a Maiden fan and they'll say something like: "I haven't been following this band since 7th Son". The type of setlist that Maiden is doing gives fans like that who have never heard stuff from the last 3 albums a chance to hear some of that material and they might end up liking it and go out and buy those albums.

Pastulio_
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Honestly eveyone here is discussing this I feel with a great deal of calmness. I don't get an angry feeling from anyone who doesn't like what they're doing. For the most part I think we're talking about this in a very civil manner. I'm sure there's a few coming off as pissed but most of us aren't at all.

Here, yes. Other places...some people are much more irate.

And I'm not sure if I see a 90s era tour happening...tours with more of a mix of material, some of which maybe from the 90s, but nothing like Somewhere Back In Time or the current tour, where 10-15 of the songs played are from that era.

I just hope some tour they open with Aces High again...

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 03:58 PM
They definitely need to cover more 90's stuff though and I STRONGLY bet that the next history tour will include some of it. However, since it was their least popular material, I agree that they won't exclusively cover it like the last 2 history tours.

andrew_metalhead
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I love Wrathchild. Thank you very much! :D

The_jman
06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
This

Sanitarium78
06-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Live with Bruce deffinately. I was never a fan of Di'anno's voice so the original version, much like a lot of stuff on the first two albums don't do much for me because of that. But all that stuff is much better when Bruce does it:rocker:

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I just don't understand why it always has to be "Wrathchild". I was watching You Tube footage from Sweden in 2005 on the Early Years tour and people were flipping out over the likes of "Prowler" and "Murders in the Rue Morge". Why not change it up a bit and play something different? They gotta be sick of the same songs over and over again. I won't complain too much though I am just thrilled that they finally dropped "Run To The Hills".

andrew_metalhead
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
looks like Pasch and DoD are rotating.

This means the LA show will get Paschedale. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I have my doubts about Maiden doing a 90s tour. I think if they were going to do it, it would've been now. They're not dumb, they know the only thing that would make less people happy than a Reunion tour would be a tour focusing on (let's face it), their 4 worst-received albums. Sure, I'd still go and love it, but that's one of those cases in which I realize I am the definite (and deservedly) minority. A tour like that would have the potential to be great (see: Sign of the Cross, Futureal, No Prayer For the Dying, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Wasting love), however it would also be an invitation for Maiden to do some songs that definitely don't need to come back into their set (Bring Your Daughter, From Here to Eternity).

DethMaiden
06-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I have my doubts about Maiden doing a 90s tour. I think if they were going to do it, it would've been now. They're not dumb, they know the only thing that would make less people happy than a Reunion tour would be a tour focusing on (let's face it), their 4 worst-received albums. Sure, I'd still go and love it, but that's one of those cases in which I realize I am the definite (and deservedly) minority. A tour like that would have the potential to be great (see: Sign of the Cross, Futureal, No Prayer For the Dying, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Wasting love), however it would also be an invitation for Maiden to do some songs that definitely don't need to come back into their set (Bring Your Daughter, From Here to Eternity).

A 90s tour dream setlist for me would have to include Holy Smoke, No Prayer for the Dying, Wasting Love, Be Quick or Be Dead, Judas Be My Guide, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies, Man on the Edge, The Aftermath, The Edge of Darkness, Futureal, The Educated Fool, and The Clansman. But there's no way they'd play all of those, and they'd probably throw in some awful songs since that era did have quite a number of them. I'd go to the show, but it would be their worst possible setlist no matter how you slice it. :lol:

scott308
06-13-2010, 07:33 PM
They'd probably drop Fear of the Dark since thats the era it would actually fit into the themed setlist.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 07:37 PM

I'm willing to bet that they'll do a tour and cover some of it, but I don't think they'll make it exclusive like Early Days and SBIT. Maybe if they rerelease Raising Hell they'll do it?

What I would really love to hear are some more Blaze songs that Bruce hasn't sung on live. Blood On The World's Hands and Lightning Strikes Twice would be dreams come true!

powerslave_85
06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I would not be upset if they never did a tour covering that era.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I would not be upset if they never did a tour covering that era.

Neither would I, generally speaking. I would appreciate it for the sake of variety no matter what, but as I mentioned, it's an open invitation for them to play a couple of songs I don't want to see live. They'd probably pull a couple of rarities to balance it out though.

I still don't think it's going to happen though.

powerslave_85
06-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the only two songs from that time period that, if played, would make me go "holy shit, AWESOME!" are "Be Quick Or Be Dead" and "Judas Be My Guide." Maybe "Lord of the Flies;" I actually like that one with Bruce.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Judas Be My Guide will never be played live, as much of a crime as that is. One of my dozen favorite Maiden songs, period. :(

Maiden have yet to ever play a track live that wasn't done on the tour for its own album.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Judas Be My Guide will never be played live, as much of a crime as that is. One of my dozen favorite Maiden songs, period. :(

Maiden have yet to ever play a track live that wasn't done on the tour for its own album.

Ya, I just don't get why, after all these years, they've never done a song that's NEVER been done or at least pulled out more pre-1990 songs that have only been performed once such as: To Tame A Land, Sea Of Madness, Caught Somewhere In Time, Infinite Dreams.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Ya, I just don't get why, after all these years, they've never done a song that's NEVER been done or at least pulled out more pre-1990 songs that have only been performed once such as: To Tame A Land, Sea Of Madness, Caught Somewhere In Time, Infinite Dreams.

Yeah. Even more "slave to hits" sort of bands like Kansas can manage to pull out songs they've never done. When I saw them this past February they played "Stand Beside Me" (1988) for the second time ever - and I should note that the first time ever was only the previous night. :D

rjturtle9
06-13-2010, 09:00 PM

Your opinion doesn't matter, you like everything!

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Your opinion doesn't matter, you like everything!

No, that's PowerMaiden.

When it comes to Maiden that is. :D

rjturtle9
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
No, that's PowerMaiden.

True true.

Fun Fact: Did you know Andrew hasn't heard any of the Blaze albums :eek:
Im trying to change that but he just won't seem to accept Blaze Bailey as an Iron Maiden singer.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
True true.

Fun Fact: Did you know Andrew hasn't heard any of the Blaze albums :eek:
Im trying to change that but he just won't seem to accept Blaze Bailey as an Iron Maiden singer.

It's even worse to me if he hasn't heard anything off the first two Blaze solo albums. I swear, it has nothing to do with his Maiden affiliation, there's some absolutely GREAT tracks on those first two records, that I prefer to every track on both Blaze-era Maiden album. "Stare at the Sun", "Born as a Stranger", "The Tenth Dimension", and "Kill and Destroy" = :drool:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I liked some Wolfsbane back in the day. There are probably 4 to 5 Blaze-era songs that I like.

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Even though I personally like both albums (ranked 9th and 12th, respectively amongst the 14 - still solid), I tend to cut people some slack with not liking Blaze-era Maiden.

Not liking the first two Blaze solo records however is inexcusable if you claim to love traditional metal. Outstanding. His band on those albums was out of this world. 2 of the best guitarists the world has never heard. Great songs too, that in no way suffer from the possible drawn-out repetitiveness a lot of the Blaze-Maiden suffers from.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah. Even more "slave to hits" sort of bands like Kansas can manage to pull out songs they've never done. When I saw them this past February they played "Stand Beside Me" (1988) for the second time ever - and I should note that the first time ever was only the previous night. :D

Exactly. And look at what Metallica and Rush have been doing as well. Now, Maiden just needs to do more of it. They did it on the first leg of the SBIT tour and then went back to the usual stuff on the 2nd.

Fe Maiden
06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
This means the LA show will get Paschedale.I hope that is true!:mad:

DrPogo
06-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I actually think it's pretty cool that they are using the album span that they are on this tour, seeing as they pretty much used the Live After Death setlist last tour, and I never thought I would ever hear any of the tracks live that they are playing. Although, I agree with the lot of you about Wrathchild, and how they are replacing Brighter Than a Thousand Suns with it. If they are gonna replace that song, let's see it replaced with The Legacy (One of the best songs they've ever written. Period.) or For the Greater Good of God (Such an amazing addition to the set, and would really balance out everything I think.) Also, I know it doesn't really matter, but I would also like to give my insight as to what I think would be an awesome set to see on this tour.

01-The Wicker Man
02-Different World
03-The Legacy
04-The Nomad
05-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
06-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07-El Dorado
08-Blood Brothers
09-Wildest Dreams
10-Montsegur
11-Brave New World
12-Be Quick or Be Dead
13-To Tame a Land
Encore
14-2 Minutes to Midnight
15-Hallowed Be Thy Name
16-Prowler

Sorry to sound like a prick, but I fucking hate "Number of the Beast" (song, not the album) so I don't care to see it in the setlist

PowerMaiden
06-14-2010, 10:57 AM
No, that's PowerMaiden.

just for the record, & I said this before, I'm pissed that they dropped Brighter for Wrathchild. Bad move, Brighter was with Ghost the song I was looking the most to hear again

but for sure this move has been done to cut the length of the set

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

gabo03
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
:( i miss this show

JudasPriest89
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
From Here To Eternity?

TonyD
06-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Didn't see this before, that would be awesome. I love Wrathchild but it never worked well with Bruce singing.

idrinkwine732
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=DrPogo;282011Sorry to sound like a prick, but I fucking hate "Number of the Beast" (song, not the album) so I don't care to see it in the setlist[/QUOTE]

What what whaaat?

Indestructible
06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I wont care that much if they do wrathchild or running free. Every song I have heard bruce sing on except for sanctuary is amazing.

Travis The Dragon
06-14-2010, 02:06 PM
With the way Maiden's been changing things up, it wouldn't surprise me if tonight they drop Wicker Man and open with Different World. I sure hope we get the setlist coming in live again.

jhdeity
06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Am I the only person baffled by the changing setlists? I saw them 3 times on the original Powerslave Tour and got the same exact set all 3 times.

I saw them on the SBIT tour and they played the same exact set that was 1st listed on here from the opening night.

Are they being influenced somehow? Reading message boards, etc? It makes me wonder.

Never known them to rotate songs and Paschendale should be the last of the "new" songs to be rotated IMO.

Sanitarium78
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't get why some are making such an issue out of the set change. They're rotating Paschendale and DOD every other night. That's it. It's not like they're doing what Metallica does or anything. I honestly don't see what the big deal is at all.

Travis The Dragon
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't get why some are making such an issue out of the set change. They're rotating Paschendale and DOD every other night. That's it. It's not like they're doing what Metallica does or anything. I honestly don't see what the big deal is at all.

Well, considering that Maiden has never really done any rotating like this during a leg of their tour, it is sort of a big deal.

SomewhereInTime72
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Well, considering that Maiden has never really done any rotating like this during a leg of their tour, it is sort of a big deal.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they've only changed setlist during the same leg of a tour only once before (swapping Charlotte the Harlot out of the set for good a few gigs into the Early Days Tour), and it wasn't a rotating thing. This is a first for Maiden, and it's pretty unpredictable as far as we know.

IrritatedTrout
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure they've only changed setlist during the same leg of a tour only once before (swapping Charlotte the Harlot out of the set for good a few gigs into the Early Days Tour), and it wasn't a rotating thing. This is a first for Maiden, and it's pretty unpredictable as far as we know.

I believe they used to shake the setlists up a bit in the 80s. Playing Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner once in Belgrade for example. Plus on the Brave New World tour they did The Fallen Angel at a few Euro gigs and did Out of the Silent Planet once or twice in South America. They also replaced Wrathchild with Murders in the Rue Morgue a few dates into Ozzfest (I unfortunately got Wrathchild). But yeah, this is the first time for a rotating set.

Wrathchild_84
06-15-2010, 02:58 PM

As played out as it is I would take it over anything from AMOLAD any day. I was so bored whenever they played Brighter Than 1000 Suns.