PDA

View Full Version : To those of you complaining about Iron Maiden's 2010 setlist-something to think about

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 04:24 PM
This is Iron FUCKING Maiden for fuck's sake! Be VERY glad that they're either coming to your city or that you can afford to travel to see them. There are many of us, myself included, who don't have either of those options available. If Maiden ever does make it to my area, I will NOT complain in the LEAST about the set NO MATTER what it is! This band isn't going to be around for too much longer and soon NONE of us will be able to see them. So, please try your VERY best to enjoy EVERY second of the SUPER MEGA AMAZING performance because this could very well be your LAST chance to see them!

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
To those of you complaining about unnecessary threads...

Your complaints are legitimate.

mankvill
06-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Did we go back in time 2 years or what?

TonyD
06-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah. If Bruce says you can suck his dick, you should do it and be grateful.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 04:59 PM
You know when people can't argue the very good points that I've made when the reply with the types of statements above.

Crionics
06-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah. If Bruce says you can suck his dick, you should do it and be grateful.

Yeah, and you better suck it good!

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I just don't really see the point in saying it.

Those that agree with you don't feel the need to say this and discuss it with you. And those that disagree aren't gonna give into the logic that: "They should just accept whatever they're given" because it's Maiden.

PowerMaiden
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
everyone is entitle to their opinion about the set, & everyone would like to change a few things about it , me too by the way ...

but I kinda agree with the first post

but I'm a big fanboy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
06-12-2010, 05:45 PM
This is Iron FUCKING Maiden for fuck's sake! Be VERY glad that they're either coming to your city or that you can afford to travel to see them. There are many of us, myself included, who don't have either of those options available. If Maiden ever does make it to my area, I will NOT complain in the LEAST about the set NO MATTER what it is! This band isn't going to be around for too much longer and soon NONE of us will be able to see them. So, please try your VERY best to enjoy EVERY second of the SUPER MEGA AMAZING performance because this could very well be your LAST chance to see them!

I don't think anyone is really complaining here. I think i've seen more well thought out discussions on this page regaurding the set so far than straight up complaining. Also, I don't believe i've read anyone say so far that they weren't greatful to be seeing Maiden. So i'm not sure why you're making that point at all:confused: Just because some may not like the set doesn't mean they aren't greatful to be seeing them.

If you've supported the band through the years and have spent money on them you reserve the right to voice any disapproval on what they do. Just because it's Iron Maiden doesn't mean everyone has to like what they do all the time. If you wanna follow Maiden blindly with everything they do that's fine. But some of us will speak up when we don't like something, even if it is something the mighty Iron Maiden is doing.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I just don't really see the point in saying it.

Those that agree with you don't feel the need to say this and discuss it with you. And those that disagree aren't gonna give into the logic that: "They should just accept whatever they're given" because it's Maiden.

I know what you mean, however we don't really have a choice other than to accept it because Maiden's gonna play what they're gonna play unless someone wants to hold a gun to their head! :lol:

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 05:54 PM
everyone is entitle to their opinion about the set, & everyone would like to change a few things about it , me too by the way ...

but I kinda agree with the first post

but I'm a big fanboy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I bet I'm a bigger fanboy! :D

Sanitarium78
06-12-2010, 06:10 PM

No one's a bigger Maiden fanboy here than PowerMaiden. I think he's seen them like 25 times each on every North American tour they've ever done:lol:

mankvill
06-12-2010, 06:14 PM

Noooo way

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, nobody's a bigger Maiden fanboy than PowerMaiden. By the way, I award him massive bonus points for being willing to admit that. :D

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 06:20 PM
No one's a bigger Maiden fanboy here than PowerMaiden. I think he's seen them like 25 times each on every North American tour they've ever done:lol:

:wow: I only wish I could afford to travel and follow them around like that. Hell, I can't even afford to travel to a single out of state show much less following them around.

JLRedWing13
06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Haven't seen the set and don't plan to for another five weeks, but considering that it's likely that this isn't their last album and they should be coming back a few more times before hanging it up, I'm willing to be less critical about the setlist. However, I do believe that, as a fan, you have a right to critique what they decide to play. Not everyone is going to agree on what their best songs are. Plus, it does lead to discussion, which is what this forum is about....

Derelict
06-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm a fanboy of the random capitalizations in fonzbears posts

InPatient5100
06-13-2010, 02:20 AM
me too!

b_halperin
06-15-2010, 01:05 AM
dicks