PDA

View Full Version : Damnation Festival 2010

mankvill
06-11-2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/page2.htm

Only Dillinger Escape Plan and Earthtone 9 so far, but this will have some awesome acts on it soon.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/damnation2010anaal.jpg

lol'd hard at Anaal Nathrakh being billed under DEP, but Anaal Nathrakh or a band featuring Nathrakh members have played Damnation for the past 4 years at least...

edit: fukpig features Nathrakh members! damn.

daimonos
06-28-2010, 04:33 PM
lol'd hard at Anaal Nathrakh being billed under DEP

Honestly what else would you expect?

christopher
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I would love to see Fukpig someday..

mankvill
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Honestly what else would you expect?

If it was in America, I guarantee Anaal Nathrakh would be above DEP. I'm assuming their top billed because they're foreign. I bet Anaal Nathrakh will headline their second stage, though.

ravenheart
06-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Is that Alcest on the right hand side?

mankvill
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM

Yup

Do they play Engerland often?

MPF
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Yes it is.

Lucky Bastards! I hope they come back to the States soon. Preferably to Minnesota!

Indestructible
06-28-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/damnation2010anaal.jpg

lol'd hard at Anaal Nathrakh being billed under DEP, but Anaal Nathrakh or a band featuring Nathrakh members have played Damnation for the past 4 years at least...

edit: fukpig features Nathrakh members! damn.

DEG is more well known anaal nathrakh.

ravenheart
06-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Do they play Engerland often?

Can't say I've seen them on a tour schedule here ever!

mankvill
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM

hmm. I'd think they'd be higher, especially with all the fuss around their last two albums, but Damnation Festival is kind of an odd fit for them...although Jesu did play last year...

daimonos
06-28-2010, 09:23 PM
If it was in America, I guarantee Anaal Nathrakh would be above DEP. I'm assuming their top billed because they're foreign. I bet Anaal Nathrakh will headline their second stage, though.

DEG is more well known anaal nathrakh.

I am ashamed to say I agree with his views this time (especially because of his abbreviation :wallbang:) but I think Dillinger Escape Plan is more popular in America than Anaal Nathrakh, and would headline. It shouldn't be that way, I know, but it would be.

mankvill
06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I am ashamed to say I agree with his views this time (especially because of his abbreviation :wallbang:) but I think Dillinger Escape Plan is more popular in America than Anaal Nathrakh, and would headline. It shouldn't be that way, I know, but it would be.

I meant that if a Damnation-type Fest happened in America that no way would DEP headline. If it was a bigger festival, absolutely. Hell, if this happened in America, I'd put Alcest above DEP too.

Indestructible
06-29-2010, 07:34 AM
mankvill keep in mind that in america Anaal Nathrakh is probaly known by very few people.

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 07:37 AM

You're kidding, bro. DEP have tons of exposure. And Black Bubblegum. Anaal Nathrakh have zero exposure.

That's because they'd never played a live show until April. Which happens to be when I saw them. :fingers:

daimonos
06-29-2010, 07:52 AM
I meant that if a Damnation-type Fest happened in America that no way would DEP headline. If it was a bigger festival, absolutely. Hell, if this happened in America, I'd put Alcest above DEP too.

You're kidding, bro. DEP have tons of exposure. And Black Bubblegum. Anaal Nathrakh have zero exposure.

This is what I was thinking, exactly.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd take Anaal Nathrakh over DEP any day.

mastodon421
06-29-2010, 09:47 AM

I doubt it man. I think Dillinger is way more popular than Anaal Nathrakh.

mankvill
06-29-2010, 12:12 PM

I know. But when Anaal Nathrakh played the US, they headlined Maryland Deathfest over Blood Duster, Dying Fetus, Impaled, etc. I know they aren't nearly as popular as DEP, but in an American-version of a fest like Damnation, I'm positive they'd be above DEP because DEP is from the USA and tours here more often than Anaal Nathrakh.

Damn, bitches. Ain't that hard to explain. Do you obviously think Gorguts is more popular than Converge? Because they headlined over them at MDF this year.

Hell, Quo Vadis headlined over Beneath The Massacre at some fest in Michigan a year ago. Explain that one.

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I know. But when Anaal Nathrakh played the US, they headlined Maryland Deathfest over Blood Duster, Dying Fetus, Impaled, etc. I know they aren't nearly as popular as DEP, but in an American-version of a fest like Damnation, I'm positive they'd be above DEP because DEP is from the USA and tours here more often than Anaal Nathrakh.

Damn, bitches. Ain't that hard to explain. To you obviously think Gorguts is more popular than Converge? Because they headlined over them at MDF this year.

Guess I don't really know how Damnation Festival usually works. MDF is a pretty special situation since headlining spots are basically reserved for legendary bands, first time playing the States, reunion shows or last shows before retirement, that sort of thing. Didn't know Damnation would be similar.

mankvill
06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Guess I don't really know how Damnation Festival usually works. MDF is a pretty special situation since headlining spots are basically reserved for legendary bands, first time playing the States, reunion shows or last shows before retirement, that sort of thing. Didn't know Damnation would be similar.

I would use another US metalfest as an example, but I don't know any :lol:

mankvill
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7907/df10e.jpg

Lawnmower Deth, SSS, Hecate Enthroned and FEN added.