10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

I don't feel I need to say this but... Discuss.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
So no changes then.

edit: Wrathchild for BTATS and DOD for Paschendale.

JRA
06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I can't help but wonder out of all the Killers songs why they are so damn attracted to Wrathchild.

At least they aren't ending with Sanctuary.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
They apparently swapped BTATS with Wrathchild and Paschendale with Dance of Death. Both of those had their own unique backdrops, I'm calling bullshit.

Travis The Dragon
So no changes then.

You mean compared to Dallas?

Maiden33
So no changes then.

You're now the second person to respond to seeing that with that comment. Didn't you look that closely?

kallishelmi
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
So no changes then.

2 changes:
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns => Wrathchild
Paschendale => Dance Of Death

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
DOD is fine, but fucking Wrathchild?!?!?!

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:06 PM
DOD is fine, but fucking Wrathchild?!?!?!

They should've kept the set the way it was and just swapped No More lies for Dance of Death.

Doing this, they're now running the extreme risk of pissing off the people who really loved that other setlist, while no more pleasing those who didn't like it. :mad:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
You're now the second person to respond to seeing that with that comment. Didn't you look that closely?

my bad. I didn't look too closely.

I was so busy twittering the set list the other night I didn't commit it to memory.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Of all the old songs they could put in, fucking Wrathchild?

EDIT:Sweet idea for a setlist change

The arena goes dark

Red lights start flashing

Smoke covers the stage

The epic sounds of Mars, Bringer of War emanate from the PA

Six British men run on stage

Bruce: IN THE AAAAAAAGE WHEN DINOSAURS WALKED THE EAAAAAAAAAAAARTH!!!!

neck666face
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
im seeing them next saturday
its looking up i suppose

sick to see dance of death

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
im seeing them next saturday
its looking up i suppose

sick to see dance of death

If they even keep that in their set. It'll be quite interesting to see what happens next!

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:20 PM
There are now multiple coinciding reports on the IMBB about this - the posted setlist seems to be 100% legit.

Someone said that odds are it looks like Dance of Death and Paschendale may be a nightly rotation. They didn't just decide to bust out Dance of Death on a day's notice, it was obviously planned for - so they'd be rotating nightly. I have no issue with that. Seen both once, up for seeing both again. I just wish they would've just dropped No More lies for Dance of Death instead.

The whole BTATS for Wrathchild thing... moronic, and may have actually be spontaneous.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
If they are rotating, my date will get Paschendale, so I'm happy. If they absolutely had to have another old song why not 2 Minutes or The Trooper. Even if they wanted a second from the Di'Anno era why not Phantom of the Opera or Murders in the Rue Morgue. Fuck this shit, at least we all get Wicker Man.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Of all the old songs they could put in, fucking Wrathchild?

EDIT:Sweet idea for a setlist change

The arena goes dark

Red lights start flashing

Smoke covers the stage

The epic sounds of Mars, Bringer of War emanate from the PA

Six British men run on stage

I'm one of a few who actually LOVES QFF. I would go INSANE if Maiden broke it out!

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh good. If it is indeed a rotation, I'll get Paschendale too. Crossing my fingers.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm one of a few who actually LOVES QFF. I would go INSANE if Maiden broke it out!
Honestly the only bad thing about that song is the stupid lyrics. I would gladly take it over Dance of Death or especially Wrathchild.

scott308
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM

I would love to hear them do that song.

scott308
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh good. If it is indeed a rotation, I'll get Paschendale too. Crossing my fingers.

If they are going to rotate every night, it looks like I will not get Paschendale. That was the song I was looking forward to seeing them do the most.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
ill be getting Paschendale =D

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:38 PM

IF it's an every-other night rotation. There may be more songs in-store (doubtful, but hey - you never know), and they may just rotate it at random.

Also, someone suggested that they may only do the rotation for shows relatively close together.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
At least push Wrathchild back in the set!

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
i refuse to change my itunes playlist in protest!

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Even though I too complained about WC being in the set yet again, this is something I just realized:

To those of you who will be seeing them: This is Iron FUCKING Maiden for fuck's sake! Be VERY glad that they're either coming to your city or that you can afford to travel to see them. There are many of us, myself included, who don't have either of those options available. If Maiden ever does make it to my area, I will NOT complain in the LEAST about the set NO MATTER what it is! This band isn't going to be around for too much longer and soon NONE of us will be able to see them. So, please try your VERY best to enjoy EVERY second of the SUPER MEGA AMAZING performance because this could very well be your LAST chance to see them!

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Even though I too complained about WC being in the set yet again, this is something I just realized:

To those of you who will be seeing them: This is Iron FUCKING Maiden for fuck's sake! Be VERY glad that they're either coming to your city or that you can afford to travel to see them. There are many of us, myself included, who don't have either of those options available. If Maiden ever does make it to my area, I will NOT complain in the LEAST about the set NO MATTER what it is! This band isn't going to be around for too much longer and soon NONE of us will be able to see them. So, please try your VERY best to enjoy EVERY second of the SUPER MEGA AMAZING performance because this could very well be your LAST chance to see them!
Very true.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Apparently DoD and Paschendale utilized different backdrops. Perhaps they planned to rotate those two all along.

ChildrenofSodom
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I would rather see Paschendale.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I commend them for doing a rotation, but for fuck's sake, make the songs balance eachother out. Dance of Death and Paschendale = Close enough. But Wrathchild for Brighter Than a Thousand Suns = re-fucking-tarted. If they're gonna rotate BTATS, make it with The longest Day.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 10:05 PM
If they do rotate Dod and Paschendale, I'm ok with that. I LOVE both. However, BTATS for Wrathchild just fucking sucks ass.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 10:06 PM
They had a unique banner for BTATS, did they have one for Wrathchild?

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:09 PM
If they do rotate Dod and Paschendale, I'm ok with that. I LOVE both. However, BTATS for Wrathchild just fucking sucks ass.

Yep.

Paschendale is my favorite song on DOD and the title track is 2nd. I saw both back in 2004, so I'm not really gonna throw a fit if I get one vs. the other. But yeah, the other pair just doesn't make sense.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 10:12 PM
They had a unique banner for BTATS, did they have one for Wrathchild?

I don't know but I wouldn't think so. I don't think they ever have.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Odds are whatever they have up for the first two songs they just kept up for Wrathchild.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Odds are whatever they have up for the first two songs they just kept up for Wrathchild.
You mean they replace BTATS permanently? DoD and Paschendale both having banners makes me think that it will rotate from night to night.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
You mean they replace BTATS permanently? DoD and Paschendale both having banners makes me think that it will rotate from night to night.

No, I just meant that Wrathchild probably doesn't have it's own banner, they just leave up whatever's there for the first two songs when they play it. Then when they play BTATS, they'll use its backdrop.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
No, I just meant that Wrathchild probably doesn't have it's own banner, they just leave up whatever's there for the first two songs when they play it. Then when they play BTATS, they'll use its backdrop.
Ah.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM

I would think this is the case. Maybe BTATS and Wrath will rotate but I kinda doubt it. It's a shame, I'd be less upset if it was something like 23:58 or Evil That Men Do. It's always gotta be fucking Wrathchild.:mad: It's a great song but the guys are starting to make me hate it.

Hopefully, Dod and Pasch really do switch. It's definitely still possible that they won't.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Well fortunately there's another show tomorrow. I have a feeling most questions will be answered.

JRA
06-11-2010, 10:42 PM
But Wrathchild for Brighter Than a Thousand Suns = re-fucking-tarted. If they're gonna rotate BTATS, make it with The longest Day.

Agreed.

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Replacing BTATS with Wrathchild is such a terrible idea why would they do this. :(

TonyD
06-12-2010, 01:29 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Best case scenario: they replace one new song with one old song every night until only the good new ones remain and it becomes a fair set. Or until it becomes all old stuff just to piss the hell out of Maiden33.

maidenpriest
06-12-2010, 02:17 AM
i would prefer not to see the wrath of Maiden33 released lol

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Replacing BTATS with Wrathchild is such a terrible idea why would they do this. :(

I actually think it's a great idea :lol:
I already saw all of that boring ass album live, I want to hear as little of it as possible now.

But switching out Paschendale for DOD fucking sucks. Not saying DOD is bad, Paschendale is one of the songs I would be most looking forward to.

Crionics
06-12-2010, 03:32 AM
I've never got the hate for Wrathchild, but damn, I was just starting to really like Paschendale.

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2010, 03:39 AM
I've never got the hate for Wildchild, but damn, I was just starting to really like Paschendale.

You mean Wrathchild, right? :lol:

Crionics
06-12-2010, 03:49 AM
You mean Wrathchild, right? :lol:

I'm sorry, I just woke up :lol:

PowerMaiden
06-12-2010, 04:53 AM

agree ! but if they rotate DOD & Paschendale that almost makes up for it !

I see them 6 times on this tour let's hope tyhey do rotate some songs that would be fucking great, I still doubt it though they have never done this but Maiden are full of surprises apparantly.

is someone around here going to the show tonight in San Antonio ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Fuuuuuuck, Paschendale was the best thing about that set. If I don't get it, I'm gonna cry.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Fuuuuuuck, Paschendale was the best thing about that set. If I don't get it, I'm gonna cry.

Well, if it turns out to be an every-other night rotation, you can figure it out now and learn to cope.

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Well, if it turns out to be an every-other night rotation, you can figure it out now and learn to cope.

Well, there's no evidence that it is yet, so I'm not going to investigate.

Why would Maiden decide to do in-tour set changes for the first time ever when they whipped out an amazing setlist? :(

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Well, there's no evidence that it is yet, so I'm not going to investigate.

Why would Maiden decide to do in-tour set changes for the first time ever when they whipped out an amazing setlist? :(

Because apparently they hate everyone. :lol:

My biggest bitch is that this still doesn't make fucking sense. Paschendale was probably the most heavily requested song for them to do again from the reunion era - so to only give it to SOME fans seems retarded. I think Dance of Death is in a league somewhat near it, but overall it definitely doesn't compare to the anticipation surrounding Paschendale.

Here would've been an acceptable list of rotation choices:

Wildest Dreams - Different World - Rainmaker
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns - The longest Day
No More lies - Dance of Death

Crionics
06-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Dreams should be in the setlist..but they shouldn't be the wildest, they should be Infinite!!!!! :rocker:

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Dreams should be in the setlist..but they shouldn't be the wildest, they should be Infinite!!!!! :rocker:

No doubt, but it's not gonna happen - probably ever again, I fear.

Just a thought:
The next "hits" tour Maiden does should be especially focused on less-played, deserving songs from the 1980-1988 era. This is such a lofty request, but all of these songs have been played live, so who knows:

01.Caught Somewhere In Time
02.Futureal
03.Killers
04.Die With Your Boots On
05.Sea of Madness
06.The Prisoner
07.Flight of Icarus
08.Still life
09.Stranger in a Strange land
10.Children of the Damned
11.22 Acacia Avenue
12.Infinite Dreams
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Phantom of the Opera
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Wizzbang11
06-12-2010, 06:34 AM

Aww yeah, best Maiden song EVER!

If they are determined to switch BTATS, I wish they could have chosen a song that was more than 1/4 of the length of BTATS (and maybe not played on every other tour)...

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
06-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Well I think the set is great! I'm surprised to see Trooper isn't in the set anymore and that's kinda of alarming! I mean hasn't that song been in the set since '83? But I do agree that changing BTATS for Wrathchild is ridiculous! why swap a 8 minute song for a 2 minute song! and I like the DoD and PD rotation! I'm happy with either song, granted I like DoD more then PS but eh ah well bother are killer in my book!!

Queensrychian
06-12-2010, 07:30 AM
WHY WOULD YOU TOTALLY IGNORE SEVENTH SON?

The_jman
06-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Other than the length thing, I love wrathchild and would much rather hear that one. And DoD is one of my favorit maiden songs, and I know from the death on the road dvd that pashendale is not easy for them to play live, and DoD actually got more crowd support on the dvd, so I really don't know what the right decision is there. I personally love wrathchild though.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:34 AM
WHY WOULD YOU TOTALLY IGNORE SEVENTH SON?

The total of 5 songs played off of it from about February 2008 - April 2009 is probably a good reason.

The_jman
06-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Well I think the set is great! I'm surprised to see Trooper isn't in the set anymore and that's kinda of alarming! I mean hasn't that song been in the set since '83? But I do agree that changing BTATS for Wrathchild is ridiculous! why swap a 8 minute song for a 2 minute song! and I like the DoD and PD rotation! I'm happy with either song, granted I like DoD more then PS but eh ah well bother are killer in my book!!
No its sat out quite a few tours but I can't remember which right off the top of my head right now.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Tours (from '83 onward, obviously), that have not included The Trooper:

Somewhere In Time (1986-1987)
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988) (Only parts)
A Matter of life and Death (2006)

... and now this one.

FerociousWillie
06-12-2010, 08:16 AM
I get to see them tonight...full report tomorrow.

JudasPriest89
06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Source: Setlist.fm

01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Uhm..... "From Here To Eternity", "Wasting Love".... Where are you?!?!?!? :snivel:

Blackened12
06-12-2010, 08:45 AM
I think something like this would make a lot of people happy
The /'s are rotating songs

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator / Blood Brothers
3. The Trooper / Flight of Icarus
4. El Dorado
5. Dance of Death / Paschendale
6. Deja Vu / Wasted Years
7. 2 Minutes To Midnight / Die With Your Boots On
8. 22 Acacia Avenue / Caught Somewhere In Time
9. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg / These Colours Don't Run / Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
10. Aces High / The Evil That Men Do
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden / Charlotte the Harlot
--------
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Run to the Hills
:drool:

evildeadjedi
06-12-2010, 09:03 AM
2. Ghost of the Navigator / Blood Brothers
5. Dance of Death / Paschendale
9. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg / These Colours Don't Run / Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
13. Iron Maiden / Charlotte the Harlot

No :mad:

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
9. These Colours Don't Run
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--------
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Phantom of the Opera

YES! :party: :rocker:

Pastulio_
06-12-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure what I think about Dance of Death/Paschendale rotating. I do agree that it would make so much sense just to replace No More Lies with Dance of Death, As for Wrathchild...don't hate me, but I'm cool with it. I don't have any real attachment to Brighter, and I've never heard Wrathchild.

ricky4502
06-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Wrathchild is a great song but I too would prefer to see them play BTATS as it's one of my favorite tracks off AMOLAD. When it comes to either Paschendale or DOD I really don't care, I love both and never saw either of them performed live. They're both great songs but I like DOD just a bit more. I've only seen Maiden once and that was for the Somewhere Back in Time tour. Seriously you guys should stop complaining for fucks sakes, it's FUCKING MAIDEN! there's going to be the fans who want to hear the classics and those who want to hear some of the stuff they came out with since bruce returned. then of course there are the blaze fans! they've had a long career so they can't please everyone unless they play for hours! Like somebody else said just be happy you get to see them

Oh and personally I'd rather hear Genghis Khan than Wrathchild since they're not doing any instrumentals

How much were tour shirts? Can't wait till next weekend!

jhdeity
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM

1. The Wicker Man
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--------
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Phantom of the Opera

This

Maidenmagic
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
This was my first Maiden show. I was looking foward to Brighter than a thousand suns but Wratchchild is a good sing along song. Although the trooper could have been there (or in the Wildest Dreams slot.) so that people would stop bitching and moaning. I think I heard some booing at the end. Can you believe that? Booing at a Maiden concert? Should not happen. Paschendale is incredible but Dance of Death was a unique experience with the acoustic guitars. I love the newer songs but it seemed like the casual fans were growing impatient. There was a good bit of singing during Blood Brothers and Brave New World though. I sang during every song. There were some microphone problems during Hallowed be thy name and Running Free.

Blackened12
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM

1. The Wicker Man
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--------
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Phantom of the Opera

:lol: Maiden is such a ridiculously hard band to make a perfect set for and I would be ecstatic to see this, actually had a last minute thought about including Phantom of the Opera. Would like to see Run to the Hills close though even though it's overplayed like HELL. Never seen Maiden yet though, so pretty much anything would be awesome :D
Up the Irons July 20th :rocker:

Sanitarium78
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I think I heard some booing at the end. Can you believe that? Booing at a Maiden concert? Should not happen.

I don't have a huge proplem with them switching Paschendale with DOD. Thousand Suns for Wrathchild should never happen though. But people are paying their money to be entertained and hear the songs they love. When they don't feel they got that they have every right to voice their displeasure. I've heard booing before when I saw Page & Plant in 1995. The show ended without them doing Stairway To Heaven and there were a lot of boos after the house lights came on at the end. Honestly it was understandable to me why many would be upset with that. Just like how I get why people will be upset with the set Maiden is doing. But what's so annoying to me about this is how some fans don't understand how people could be displeased with this set.

Since some are posting set changes here i've got one of my own. It has more newer stuff but it has enough older songs to keep everyone happy:

Moonchild
Caught Somewhere In Time
The Trooper
The Wickerman
The Ghost Of The Navigator
Dance Of Death
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
El Dorado
Rainmaker
Brave New World
The Longest Day
Paschendale
Different World
2 Minutes To Midnight

The Number Of The Beast
Where Eagles Dare
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Something like this will work better because by opening with some old stuff you get everyone's attention right away before bombarding them with the newer stuff. Therefore the audience maybe a little more patient when it comes to hearing the new stuff if they've heard some old favorites first. Then end the show with some more classic to send everyone home happy and there will be no booing.

girnny777
06-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I for one am glad they are playing Wrathchild instead of BtATS. I really have no problems with this set though. Then again, if it were up to me, I'd probably swap the other two AMoLAD songs for Different World and For The Greater Good of God.

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
No doubt, but it's not gonna happen - probably ever again, I fear.

Just a thought:
The next "hits" tour Maiden does should be especially focused on less-played, deserving songs from the 1980-1988 era. This is such a lofty request, but all of these songs have been played live, so who knows:

01.Caught Somewhere In Time
02.Futureal
03.Killers
04.Die With Your Boots On
05.Sea of Madness
06.The Prisoner
07.Flight of Icarus
08.Still life
09.Stranger in a Strange land
10.Children of the Damned
11.22 Acacia Avenue
12.Infinite Dreams
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Phantom of the Opera
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

I would cum if this was the first three songs of a Maiden setlist. :drool:

mankvill
06-12-2010, 12:55 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9916/posermaidenfanmaidentou.jpg

mankvill
06-12-2010, 12:58 PM
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9906/posermaidenfanoverhalfo.jpg

TonyD
06-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Sup Milhouse

mankvill
06-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Sup Milhouse

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3418/posermaidenfanimarealma.jpg

u mad?

girnny777
06-12-2010, 01:14 PM
What the fuck is wrong with Number Of The Beast?

mankvill
06-12-2010, 01:17 PM
What the fuck is wrong with Number Of The Beast?

^_^ i trol u

broncoz
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Really don't have a problem with wrathchild for BTATS, never saw anything special with that song although there is a 5 min time difference between the 2.

I think DOD should replace Wildest dreams, not paschendale, then I would have 0 problems with this set. (except i would rather hear for the greater good of god than Breeg)

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Really don't have a problem with wrathchild for BTATS, never saw anything special with that song although there is a 5 min time difference between the 2.

I think DOD should replace Wildest dreams, not paschendale, then I would have 0 problems with this set. (except i would rather hear for the greater good of god than Breeg)

And that's the second-worst song of the reunion era!

See, everyone's gonna have little quirks that come down to taste. Personally, I'm a big fan of the inclusion of No More Lies and Wildest Dreams even though a lot of people are crying about it. I think Paschendale is one that's fairly universally loved though, so removing that makes no sense.

Oh, and Maiden? JUST FUCKING ADD WRATHCHILD! IT'S THREE MINUTES LONG! DROP NOTHING FOR IT IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IT!

Pastulio_
06-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Tonight's set will be very interesting to see. Anyone planning on posting it late tonight/early tomorrow?

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Tonight's set will be very interesting to see. Anyone planning on posting it late tonight/early tomorrow?

Hopefully someone at the show can do another real time texting of the set.

rjturtle9
06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
late but oh well.

If I don't get Paschendale i will be pissed the fuck off to a new level that I have not seen in this lifetime. That is the song I was most looking forward to this tour. if they do rotate it out every show then I should be good, but you never know...

idrinkwine732
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Someone on IMBB will have it soon.

darkguardian50
06-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I can't believe they would even put Paschendale in rotation it seems like such a bad move for what was arguably the best song they have done from the new era. I love Dance of Death to, but they should have swapped out No More Lies with DOD.

Older song wish setlists are a tough thing to construct, I have many favorites but alot of them are often played. A couple they don't play as often that I would love to see played.

To Tame a Land
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
Flight of the Icarus
The Clairvoyant (I realize they did play this for a portion of last tour)
22 Acacia Avenue

If I had to pick one it would be To Tame a Land. I love that song and unfortunately I have a feeling out of the songs on my list its probably the LAST one they would play.

If they started to do 4 or 5 songs they changed every night ala Metallica I think that wouldn't be such a bad thing. It might allow for some cool things. I mean really if you look at Metallica's catalogue there are only a handful of songs they have never played live and only one that is a huge fan favorite that they haven't (I think at this point its a bit of a in joke between the band and the fans) they will probably play it at their retirement concert or something (Ironically it IS my favorite Metallica song). One of the reasons why are constantly able to play some of those older gems is because of their rotation slots.

Dissimulate
06-12-2010, 05:45 PM
If they started to do 4 or 5 songs they changed every night ala Metallica I think that wouldn't be such a bad thing. It might allow for some cool things. I mean really if you look at Metallica's catalogue there are only a handful of songs they have never played live and only one that is a huge fan favorite that they haven't (I think at this point its a bit of a in joke between the band and the fans) they will probably play it at their retirement concert or something (Ironically it IS my favorite Metallica song). One of the reasons why are constantly able to play some of those older gems is because of their rotation slots.
What song is this?

darkguardian50
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
What song is this?

Frayed Ends of Sanity. They have never played the entire song. They have teased it before and it always makes the crowd go nuts but they have never actually played the song.

es156
06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
First 5 songs from San Antonio:

01 The Wicker Man
02 Ghost Of The Navigator
03 Wrathchild
04 El Dorado (no surprise there)
05 Paschendale!!

:party: :party: :party:

es156
06-12-2010, 06:35 PM
06 The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

es156
06-12-2010, 06:38 PM
07 These Colours Don't Run

es156
06-12-2010, 06:49 PM
08 Blood Brothers

es156
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
09 Wildest Dreams

IrritatedTrout
06-12-2010, 07:00 PM
10 No More Lies :D

es156
06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
10 No More Lies :D

:fist:

IMBB is down. :tp:

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:15 PM
:fist:

IMBB is down. :tp:

It's that time of the night again, but I think we all know what the rest of the set is.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Here is the rest of it: http://twitter.com/Lorangriel

es156
06-12-2010, 07:35 PM
11 Brave New World
12 Fear Of The Dark
13 Iron Maiden

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2010, 07:36 PM
14 Number Of The Beast

Fe Maiden
06-13-2010, 09:00 AM
My show better have Paschendale:mad:

DrPogo
06-13-2010, 09:05 AM
I actually think it's pretty cool that they are using the album span that they are on this tour, seeing as they pretty much used the Live After Death setlist last tour, and I never thought I would ever hear any of the tracks live that they are playing. Although, I agree with the lot of you about Wrathchild, and how they are replacing Brighter Than a Thousand Suns with it. If they are gonna replace that song, let's see it replaced with The Legacy (One of the best songs they've ever written. Period.) or For the Greater Good of God (Such an amazing addition to the set, and would really balance out everything I think.) Also, I know it doesn't really matter, but I would also like to give my insight as to what I think would be an awesome set to see on this tour.

01-The Wicker Man
02-Different World
03-The Legacy
04-The Nomad
05-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
06-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07-El Dorado
08-Blood Brothers
09-Wildest Dreams
10-Montsegur
11-Brave New World
12-Be Quick or Be Dead
13-To Tame a Land
Encore
14-2 Minutes to Midnight
15-Hallowed Be Thy Name
16-Prowler

Sorry to sound like a prick, but I fucking hate "Number of the Beast" (song, not the album) so I don't care to see it in the setlist.

metalmilitia54
06-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Replace "Wrathchild" with another classic they barely do off the first two...I'd even take (later-era) "Rainmaker" over Wrath...