PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Dallas, TX -- June 9th, 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

PlaysWithKnives
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
What Sanitarium said. Post of the day

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
It will be my first time seeing Iron Maiden next month and i am fine with the set. I like the old and new equal so this is not a problem. My question is how many people will know the new songs. People my age might but the older ones might not. Like i said before your going to be pissed if you dont know anything of the new iron maiden.

PlaysWithKnives
06-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I really love Somewhere In Time, so shoot me if I want to hear a bunch of songs off of it.

I'm with you. Somwhere In Time is my favorite Maiden album. It would be cool if they pulled out a few rareities from it

maidenpriest
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
if i were to change anything, replace Wildest Dreams with just about anything lol, replace No More Lies with Dance of Death and switch around the order of the setlist. most of my favorites are in the beginning of the set and i just wished they would be more spread out.

rjturtle9
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Just saw the pic of the merch. The first shirt on there was listed as #7. Anybody got any info/pics of the rest of the shirts. i know there was a Texas shirt that wasn't on the picture as well. Can someone help me out?

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
To all those whinging about this being your first show: Provided you're young (which I assume, if you're making that comment), it's NOT going to be your last unless you choose to make it that way. I will be absolutely STUNNED if Maiden never played 2 Minutes to Midnight, Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Wasted Years, etc again. You have more opportunities. As long as you do like the new set for what it is and not what it isn't - stop bitching.

Crionics
06-10-2010, 03:19 PM
To all those whinging about this being your first show: Provided you're young (which I assume, if you're making that comment), it's NOT going to be your last unless you choose to make it that way. I will be absolutely STUNNED if Maiden never played 2 Minutes to Midnight, Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Wasted Years, etc again. You have more opportunities. As long as you do like the new set for what it is and not what it isn't - stop bitching.

Another great post.

DethMaiden
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I wonder if in 25 years there'll be kids who complain because Mastodon are only doing stuff from their eleventh and twelfth albums and they've never seen anything from Leviathan except Blood and Thunder. :eyes:

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I wonder if in 25 years there'll be kids who complain because Mastodon are only doing stuff from their eleventh and twelfth albums and they've never seen anything from Leviathan except Blood and Thunder. :eyes:

What makes you think Mastadon is gonna exist in 25 years?

:eek:

:D

Seriously, even if they break up, by that point they'll probably have hit the nostalgia/we need money-reunion stage of their lives. ;)

Crionics
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM

25 years from now I'll be like "Haha well I saw I Am Ahab, Iron Tusk, and Aqua Dementia with Crack the Skye in it's entirety + Crusher Destroyer, pwnt"

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
For the record, the other band on this tour is the shining example of how you can play a decent variety of material despite having 10+ albums and not a lot of time to play.

Including the upcoming Maiden tour, I will have seen Dream Theater play a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes (over 3 separate shows), and I will have seen 16 separate songs and a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes of different material - including at least one song (more often than not, two) off every album except one. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

the chewbacca defense
06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
For the record, the other band on this tour is the shining example of how you can play a decent variety of material despite having 10+ albums and not a lot of time to play.

Including the upcoming Maiden tour, I will have seen Dream Theater play a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes (over 3 separate shows), and I will have seen 16 separate songs and a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes of different material - including at least one song (more often than not, two) off every album except one. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

agreed. the one other time i've seen them (prog nation 08) the only song they played thats on that list is 'as i am" Now that i think about it, thats the perfect song to open, as its heavy and a great way to get the crowd in it.

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Before I give my final take on what I think of the setlist I need to answer to a few peoples remarks:

1) Run To The Hills was not played on the first leg of the BNW North American tour. I'm not sure when it was added but they didn't play it when I saw them on that tour. I think they may have just added it in for the RIR DVD/CD.They performed it at the Chile show too.

2) The people who said you would be diappointed if you didn't hear Aces High or Wasted Years at your first Maiden show. I'm not sure what setlist history you're going by but these two songs HAVE NOT be staples throughout the years. So there's no point in getting your hopes up for songs that are more than likely not gonna be played.^This. Though WY was (mostly) a staple until 1993.

3) To those who are saying that the last tour was the greatest hits tour and that's why they're not playing any this time around. You need to keep in mind that not everyone was able to see them on that tour. It's not like Maiden actually makes it convienient for a lot of people to see them anymore. Maiden hasn't come to my area since BNW and I haven't exactly had the money to travel and see them until this year when I see them next month. So while your argument does make sense, you need to realize that not everyone can afford to just go see them whenever they tour. You've gotta look at it from both sides. Just because you got to see them last tour doesn't mean everyone else did as well.I know that not everybody has the chance to see them live every time they visit, but that's no reason to bitch. I mean, Maiden can't please everyone and I know people may not be as HXC as I consider myself, so in the long run, I just think everyone should be proud they're seeing Maiden for once and for all.

4) I think the setlist is good. Except for Wildest Dreams and Running Free I like everything they're doing. But to ignore their 3 best albums: POM, SIT and SSOASS is just wrong. I get what they're trying to do here and I appreciate the boldness it takes for a classic metal band to do this. But there's always people seeing them for the first time and there's just certian albums that NEED to be represented. Yes, us dedicated fans are gonna love this set but in a crowd of 15,000 we only make up about 2,000 or so of that. You need to do stuff that gets the entire audience to participate and feel part of the show. Even if it's a song that's been played to death over the years.Running free is fine by me :party: Anyways, Bruce has even announced that they'll be playing more recent material on this tour. And I'm more than aware of the fact that not everyone reads interviews, but thing is, there are kids going to this concert as young as 6 whose first album was either AMOLAD or DOD, so obviously they're gonna have emotional ties to Paschendale or Out of the Shadows, just like the old geezers have emotional ties to songs like Run to the Hills or Sea of Madness, but simply put, the world doesn't revolve around the old geezers and people who are stuck in the past. Also as I mentioned, I know several people who love Maiden and want to hear the new stuff... hell, I got a 40+ year old work friend back into Maiden with BNW and DOD. He's coming with me to the concert. So simply put, Maiden won't please everyone, and I know people will leave disappointed, but really, it should be about the quality of the show, not how disappointing the setlist is.

I've got pit tickets to see them next month in Pittsburgh so even though they're not playing a lot of the classics that I like it's still gonna be awesome to see this show that close up:rocker:
And let's end my response with "YOU'RE IN THE PIT? LUCKY!!!!!!", as I am in the seats. Ya lucky bastard. But they're GOOD seats lol.

Fe Maiden
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
So, now they have added a 4th guitar player:D

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1215

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm excited for DT too but I'm not too sure how much I'll see of them. I'm going to miss at least 10 minutes of their set since I have to change out of my grad clothes that night and leaving right after the dinner. Also, I'll prolly be waiting at least 30 minutes in the VERY small Rexall Place lobby for my Tshirt and some beer. The concert starts at 7:30, what time do DT go onstage? Reasonably a good time would be 7:45 or 8, since 7:30 is when the doors open (supposedly). LH didn't go on until 7:30 when I saw 'Maiden and the listed time for the concert was 7.

Pastulio_
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM

You see how much of the fretboard he can cover with those fingers? BEAST

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Eddie, ya cheeky bastard!!!! We love ya!

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm excited for DT too but I'm not too sure how much I'll see of them. I'm going to miss at least 10 minutes of their set since I have to change out of my grad clothes that night and leaving right after the dinner. Also, I'll prolly be waiting at least 30 minutes in the VERY small Rexall Place lobby for my Tshirt and some beer. The concert starts at 7:30, what time do DT go onstage? Reasonably a good time would be 7:45 or 8, since 7:30 is when the doors open (supposedly). LH didn't go on until 7:30 when I saw 'Maiden and the listed time for the concert was 7.

Doors: 6pm
Dream Theater: 7:30-8:20pm
Iron Maiden: 8:50-11pm

Dissimulate
06-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Bands here usually go on about 1/2 hour after doors. Yeah, Rexall is a shithole. Where are your seats?

SomewhereInTime72
06-10-2010, 05:24 PM

dennis stratton has not aged well

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 05:29 PM
dennis stratton has not aged well
:lol:

Sanitarium78
06-10-2010, 06:02 PM

I don't think anyone is really bitching about the set. Most of the posts i've seen they've just stated how they felt about it and discussed it normally. I haven't seen anyone really fly off the handle about it at all. Of course, this is a really long thread so I may have missed a few posts:D

True, this IS probably not the last time someone will be able to see them but you can never be too sure. Somone's life can go through some major changes (getting married, having kids, a career, ect.) between now and the next time they tour here and all of a sudden it's not as likely you're gonna go see Maiden. So, while you may still have seen Maiden live on this tour, you may not get the chance ever again to see them do some classics like The Trooper, 2MTM, HCW and TETMD. Given what's happened with Peter Steele, Dio and Paul Gray the last few months you never really know if it truely is the last time you'll see someone live. Also, what if the band breaks up? I know it's a big "what if?" but it can still happen.

Yeah, I know what i'm saying might be a bit out there for some but it's stuff that can deffinately happen. Don't get me wrong we should all be greatful we get to see Maiden again. But that doesn't mean if a fan doesn't like what they're doing they should keep their mounths shut. As great as Maiden is, they are not without their faults. Which is something some fans need to realize as well.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't see much bitching, I see a back and forth of opinions. I'd rather see people actually sharing their thoughts and feelings on the actual set list and not just bitching or having a circle jerk over it, frankly.

idrinkwine732
06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm expecting to have an amazing time, and I'll go back to my home stomping grounds of the UK if I have to in order to see them play the set of my dreams.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
As great as Maiden is, they are not without their faults. Which is something some fans need to realize as well.

Don't want you to think I didn't read and don't appreciate the rest of your post, I just didn't feel like quoting it all when this was the only thing I was directly going to respond to.

Trust me, this doesn't need to be said to me. I am far from a Maiden fan-boy who finds them incapable of faults. I have many of my own gripes with Maiden, many of which are setlist-oriented. I just tend to disagree with the status quo. I think without a doubt this is one of the ballsiest and best sets they've ever devised, because they took a chance in the big picture to give those who really wanted this (like myself and many of my friends) the chance to see it before they go back and do the "normal thing" again. A setlist like this makes me feel like there is hope for them to continue to actually do more inventive things in the future that showcases songs that have only been done on a tour or two previously - which is a huge plus.

But essentially my point is that I just don't want you to think that I am incapable of finding faults with Maiden. I was enraged with the SBIT set because it included Fear of the Dark and excluded any HUGE unexpected rarities (aside from Moonchild). I'm not going to sit here and say this set couldn't be better, I think it could be, and I could really go for seeing some 80s songs - but this is without a doubt one of my favorite sets of their entire career.

Maiden33
And for the record: This board is not the only source I have for opinions. I have seen a lot of bitching (that certainly qualifies as bitching) elsewhere.

Wizzbang11
Just got around to looking at the new Eddie.
I think it looks pretty awesome.That said, it looks nothing like an Eddie. It does however apear to have a much higher level of craftmanship than most of the Eddies in the past, which quite frankly have looked pretty awfully constructed, but that might just be my love of latex monsters and really well done special effects makeup talking.
I like it.

GWAR could have done it better.

mankvill
06-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Just got around to looking at the new Eddie.
I think it looks pretty awesome.That said, it looks nothing like an Eddie. It does however apear to have a much higher level of craftmanship than most of the Eddies in the past, which quite frankly have looked pretty awfully constructed, but that might just be my love of latex monsters and really well done special effects makeup talking.
I like it.

GWAR could have done it better.

Troma confirmed for making next Iron Maiden video

evildeadjedi
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Sweet Eddie vs the Toxic Avenger! :rocker:

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I still think that the final frontier eddie is the best eddie.

Sanitarium78
06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I still think that the final frontier eddie is the best eddie.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about here at all:chair:

To Maiden33, I don't want you to think that my comment about Maiden having faults was directly aimed at you. It wasn't at all. I was just aiming it at the fanboys who hang off their dicks on priase everything and every song that they do. I know that me saying that isn't gonna change their point of view. I just felt I needed to put it out there.

Sinister_Chalupa666
06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
2 days for me. AT&T Center is going to be rocking.

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Bands here usually go on about 1/2 hour after doors. Yeah, Rexall is a shithole. Where are your seats?
Sec 213 row 34. Yeah thank fucking god for that new arena idea.

At the Billy Talent concert though in March, CB went on at 7 which is 15.

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about here at all:chair:

To Maiden33, I don't want you to think that my comment about Maiden having faults was directly aimed at you. It wasn't at all. I was just aiming it at the fanboys who hang off their dicks on priase everything and every song that they do. I know that me saying that isn't gonna change their point of view. I just felt I needed to put it out there.
I'm a fanboy but I don't hang off their dicks lol. There still my favorite band of all time that said Maiden have made some choices I'm not too proud of (Maiden England was fucking horrible, why not a US show? at least 6 bootlegs I have from the US leg are far better). That said, from what I know so far, this will be an amazing show and people need something to complain about.

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Tromeo and Juliet clips for the El Dorado video!!! :D

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Again, since it seemed to get overlooked:

For all shows:

DOORS: 6 PM
DREAM THEATER: 7:30-8:20 PM
IRON MAIDEN: 8:50-11 PM

TheBornLessOne
06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I know that. I'm stating from previous concert experience.

Travis The Dragon
06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Again, since it seemed to get overlooked:

For all shows:

DOORS: 6 PM
DREAM THEATER: 7:30-8:20 PM
IRON MAIDEN: 8:50-11 PM

:eek: Maiden played OVER 2 hours?!?!

the chewbacca defense
06-11-2010, 12:19 AM

given the length of most of the songs played being on the long side, it doesn't shock me

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 12:23 AM
If you make a playlist of all the songs, it comes out to about 1 hour, 45 minutes (I used a few live versions on my playlist, so your results may vary). Add in the intro, Bruce talking, etc. and it probably comes out to about 2 hours.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:38 AM

I doubt it, but I just didn't feel like typing: "8:50-10:50". I'm sure on their itinerary it says "Curfew: 11 PM".

Also - I still haven't been able to find out if they're playing Running Free straight through on this tour or if it's the super-extended crowd-participation version they did back in the 80s.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 01:51 AM
if its similar to the early days version, there was some crowd participation but not as much as back in the 80s. video from Ullevi should still be up

gilpdawg
06-11-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't think anyone is really bitching about the set.
Not here. But, at Metal Sludge those dumbasses are shitting a brick. One guy is even saying there should be a lawsuit because it's a bait and switch and they should have announced they were going to play shitty songs in advance. Fucking idiots over there.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Maiden England was fucking horrible

You criticize one Iron Maiden thing and it's... Maiden England :confused:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I've waited to post my comments on the set list until now. After hearing a lot of bitching by older fans, I have to agree with them.

I'm an old school Maiden fan who also owns the last 3 albums. BNW was a great reunion album. DOD was ok and AMOLAD bored me to tears.

I know Maiden aren't going to change for anybody and they did their "hits" tour last time around, but that set list was just self indulgent. I guarantee you that the majority of the 12000 fans in attendance the other night weren't there to hear No More Lies and El Dorado. Throw the older fans a bone other than FOTD and NOTB.

It seems to me that Maiden view a majority of us American fans with contempt and are going to do what they want no matter what. See Bruce's comments from 5 years ago for an example.

I think a fair compromise would be to replace 1 song from each of the last 3 albums with 3 classic Maiden tunes. There would be a lot less bitching and most of the fans would go home happy.

woodsey44
06-11-2010, 11:19 AM
sad no trooper panda

PowerMaiden
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I've waited to post my comments on the set list until now. After hearing a lot of bitching by older fans, I have to agree with them.

I'm an old school Maiden fan who also owns the last 3 albums. BNW was a great reunion album. DOD was ok and AMOLAD bored me to tears.

I know Maiden aren't going to change for anybody and they did their "hits" tour last time around, but that set list was just self indulgent. I guarantee you that the majority of the 12000 fans in attendance the other night weren't there to hear No More Lies and El Dorado. Throw the older fans a bone other than FOTD and NOTB.

It seems to me that Maiden view a majority of us American fans with contempt and are going to do what they want no matter what. See Bruce's comments from 5 years ago for an example.

I think a fair compromise would be to replace 1 song from each of the last 3 albums with 3 classic Maiden tunes. There would be a lot less bitching and most of the fans would go home happy.

I must say I understand your point. And I'm fine with it. I agree that at least 1/2 of every crowd (if not more depending on where they play) on this tour will be let down by this set. But not me ! and not most of the hardcore fans. If you ask me, I would probably replace 3 songs for 3 classics like you said at least on some shows just for the vibe of the show. I saw the AMOLAD tour in Camden, NJ in 2006 and people were lived by the fact they didn't play classics. So the mood of the gig suffers. In Montreal & Québec city, everybody was happy about the exact same set. So Maiden should know that apart from some really specific place where they could play just about anything, they rest of the shows should include some classics, especially in the U.S.

but Maiden are not working that way & I'm fine with it, they don't really care what people think. They do what they feel is best. And they do make mistakes. I've seen every tour since World Slavery so I had the chance to see a lot of different sets & I always love it to death but not everyone is like me & somehow I hate it that I'm alone in my corner headbanging like a monkey & everybody else is half asleep like that show in Camden.

But my main point is a big thank you to you on wednesday night for your twitter posts .. I really enjoyed it, great job mate !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Look, to be honest, I don't blame Bruce for making his comments about American fans. I don't really know why international Maiden fans are so much more passionate, I'm sure there are many reasons. But the fact is that they can go anywhere else in the world and have tens of thousands of people go absolutely apeshit no matter what the setlist is, screaming along to every word despite not even speaking English. I can imagine that it's a disappointment to come over here and get a bunch of fairweather fans who stick their hands in their pockets and scoff at anything that isn't "Run To The Hills." Lots of people complain about them not doing extensive US tours (I remember a ton of people bitching that they never came to Florida prior to a few years ago), but imagine living in India or Australia prior to the SBIT tour.

In short, I completely agree with Jeff. This was a ballsy move, and I'm glad they don't change the set in different locations just to cater to casual fans.

Sanitarium78
06-11-2010, 11:53 AM

I like the last 3 albums just fine and I actually like this set list. But i'm more of an old school fan like you so I agree with what you're saying about at least throwing a few more classics in to please the majority of the crowd. Honestly, TROBB, WD, NML don't have to be in there and can easily be replaced by some older songs. If for nothing else than to keep most of the crowds attention. I'm guessing the crowd got quite bored about a half hour or less into the show. What exactly was the crowds reaction like when they kept playing all this new stuff?

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think Maiden holds the US in contempt and are trying to punish them by doing stuff like this, but I do think they have gotten to the point in their career where they're doing exactly what they want to do, and not worrying about catering to small groups with personal biases against eras of their career.

Also, someone on the Maiden board hinted at this and I most agree and elobrate:
If you see enough interviews, you're aware of the fact that Maiden are very aware of the age of their audiences, and that their shows these days seem to have as many kids age 16-25 at them as older folks who saw them back in the 80s and 90s. They're not stupid, they know that this younger generation are essentially keeping them alive and allowing them to prosper as they are - so I wouldn't doubt they're paying closer attention to what younger fans want to see - and given that in mind, the three reunion albums tend to mean more to younger fans because these are the Maiden albums we grew up with. The excitement of the release of Dance of Death means as much to me as the release of Powerslave meant to classic Maiden fans. And for people in my age bracket, it has been somewhat difficult to see reunion Maiden material up to this point. Given the scope of the Dance of Death and A Matter of life and Death tours compared to the Gimme Ed and Somewhere Back In Time tour, most people in my age bracket have seen twice as many hits tours as album tours (I'm looking at you, Brad).

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Look, to be honest, I don't blame Bruce for making his comments about American fans. I don't really know why international Maiden fans are so much more passionate, I'm sure there are many reasons. But the fact is that they can go anywhere else in the world and have tens of thousands of people go absolutely apeshit no matter what the setlist is, screaming along to every word despite not even speaking English. I can imagine that it's a disappointment to come over here and get a bunch of fairweather fans who stick their hands in their pockets and scoff at anything that isn't "Run To The Hills." Lots of people complain about them not doing extensive US tours (I remember a ton of people bitching that they never came to Florida prior to a few years ago), but imagine living in India or Australia prior to the SBIT tour.

In short, I completely agree with Jeff. This was a ballsy move, and I'm glad they don't change the set in different locations just to cater to casual fans.

Is that even a fair assessment though? I mean, tickets for shows aren't cheap. And what if someone just genuinely prefers older Maiden material? (Like, say they grew up with it.) Are they now a "fairweather" fan, just because they don't like all of Iron Maiden's material? :confused:

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't really know why international Maiden fans are so much more passionate
International Maiden fans are much more passionate, because
international metal fans are much more passionate, because
international music fans are much more passionate, because
international fans of ANYTHING are much more passionate, because
Americans, as a whole, are spoiled bitches who have completely one-sided, self-centered, jacked-up expectations and demand everything to be just exactly as they want it to be, and if it isn't then they whine like the bitches that they really are. :gaspsforbreath:

Hence, the reason this forum gets so much activity (or at least one of the primary reasons). Get it now? ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
International Maiden fans are much more passionate because international metal fans are much more passionate because international music fans are much more passionate because international fans of ANYTHING are much more passionate because Americans, as a whole, are spoiled bitches who have completely one-sided, self-centered, jacked-up expectations and demand everything to be just exactly as they want it to be, and if it isn't then they whine like the bitches that they really are. :gaspsforbreath:

Hence, the reason this forum gets so much activity (or at least one of the primary reasons). Get it now? ;)

:tp:

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 12:01 PM
If you see enough interviews, you're aware of the fact that Maiden are very aware of the age of their audiences, and that their shows these days seem to have as many kids age 16-25 at them as on to what younger fans want to see - and given that in mind, the three reunion albums tend to mean more to younger fans because these are the Maiden albums we grew up with. The excitement of the release of Dance of Death means as much to me as the release of Powerslave meant to classic Maiden fans.

i have to agree, i got into Maiden a little after DoD came out, so when AMOLAD was about to released, i had never been excited for a new album from any other band as much as i was for that one. especially after being teased with Reincarnation (which i love, im so glad they are playing that song this tour :party:)

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Is that even a fair assessment though? I mean, tickets for shows aren't cheap. And what if someone just genuinely prefers older Maiden material? (Like, say they grew up with it.) Are they now a "fairweather" fan, just because they don't like all of Iron Maiden's material? :confused:
That was a broad assessment, I admit, but I'm not begrudging people who genuinely don't like the newer stuff. I'm talking more about the people like the guy interviewed in the newspaper article, the ones whose attitude is "They didn't play the Trooper, this sucks" as opposed to "I didn't hear the songs I wanted, but it was still Maiden and still awesome." The ones who are stubborn against any kind of change or surprise.

As for ticket prices, I don't buy that argument. Do you think the people who go see them in New Jersey have as hard a time affording it as the people who live in Sao Paulo?

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 12:03 PM
:tp:

Don't even roll your eyes at me - you know I'm right. Way too many people in this country expect the world, and feel that they shouldn't have to do shit to get it. We are the most spoiled country on the planet, bar none. A few of us, maybe, are grateful for what we have, but by and large, that's not the case and you know it.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Don't even roll your eyes at me - you know I'm right. Way too many people in this country expect the world, and feel that they shouldn't have to do shit to get it. We are the most spoiled country on the planet, bar none. A few of us, maybe, are grateful for what we have, but by and large, that's not the case and you know it.

Wait, you were being serious?

Fuck.

Let me offer the flip-side to your argument then: International fans, unable to think critically, simply whip out their wallets at the first sign of something they like.

Because having expectations when you pay money for something makes you spoiled. :tp:

evildeadjedi
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
International Maiden fans are much more passionate, because
international metal fans are much more passionate, because
international music fans are much more passionate, because
international fans of ANYTHING are much more passionate, because
Americans, as a whole, are spoiled bitches who have completely one-sided, self-centered, jacked-up expectations and demand everything to be just exactly as they want it to be, and if it isn't then they whine like the bitches that they really are. :gaspsforbreath:

The truth hurts or it might have something to do with us not liking Soccer. :eyes:

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
That was a broad assessment, I admit, but I'm not begrudging people who genuinely don't like the newer stuff. I'm talking more about the people like the guy interviewed in the newspaper article, the ones whose attitude is "They didn't play the Trooper, this sucks" as opposed to "I didn't hear the songs I wanted, but it was still Maiden and still awesome." The ones who are stubborn against any kind of change or surprise.

As for ticket prices, I don't buy that argument. Do you think the people who go see them in New Jersey have as hard a time affording it as the people who live in Sao Paulo?

Money is money and most people aren't going to spend $30-$50 just to see a band they only sort of like.

Honestly, if anybody actually said that as a quote to somebody... they're just a tool. People usually like or don't like set lists, and we all know that for most bands, especially ones that saw success over twenty years ago, new material just generally doesn't go over as well with live audiences, regardless of sales, quality, etc.

Sometimes I feel the Iron Maiden fan community is just... I don't know. But I would think to most bands, having a stable of individual songs that are considered "classic" and elicit such strong emotional reactions from so many people would be considered a good thing.

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Wait, you were being serious?

Fuck.

Let me offer the flip-side to your argument then: International fans, unable to think critically, simply whip out their wallets at the first sign of something they like.

Because having expectations when you pay money for something makes you spoiled. :tp:Well, there certainly may be plenty of examples of your opposing argument, so I won't argue against that at all.

I'm also not saying that EVERYBODY in this country is spolied, or that those who expect to get something for their money are spoiled, or certainly that you are spoiled (because I don't even know you).

What I am saying is that by and large, I have noticed that the passion exhibited by American fans (of anything, mind you), versus non-Americans, is generally less intense, and I interpret that, at least in part, to the observation that I've made over many years of traveling around this country and abroad, that we have a lot of spoiled motherfuckers in this country - certainly, a higher ratio per capita than any other place I've been.

But hey - I could be wrong. That's just what I've observed. That's all I'm saying. It certainly wasn't a personal comment.

EDIT: You also can't really deny that one of the essential fuels for this board is criticism.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 12:15 PM
It's not that big a deal to me. I've seen them 8 times since 1987. I just felt bad for the majority of the fans in Dallas that had a question mark over their heads for the first hour and a half.

I think there is room for a compromise, but maiden is big enough to do whatever set list they want. Just don't be surprised if people bitch.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Money is money and most people aren't going to spend $30-$50 just to see a band they only sort of like.

This reminds me of yet another point on this subject I want to make:

This discludes those who bought lawn tickets, because that's a bit different of a story, but on the subject of those who bought better tickets:
Anyone who paid $50+ dollars to see this tour while not wanting reunion material is getting exactly what they're asking for. I can't say enough how moronic of an idea it is to pay $80 a ticket to see ANY band of which you only care about 5-7 of their 14 studio albums. I would never do that, for that exact idea. Now, I'm not saying anything negative about those who genuinely like the reunion stuff but just wanted a more varied setlist. But for those simply bitching about reunion material and lack of classics and how they feel ripped off for paying the money... fuck off.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
EDIT: You also can't deny that one of the essential fuels for this board is criticism.

If it wasn't, I would hope this place would shutdown, because as much as people complain about the complaining, I really don't see how a circle jerk where everyone excites themselves about how epicly awesome amazing great and super fantastic Iron Maiden/whatever-other-band-they-love-obsessively is would be any improvement.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
honestly if they took out WD and NML and threw in just 2 more older songs people would stop bitching thats how these fans are...i wouldnt mind those songs taken out but either way the show in NM is going to be awesome! i look forward to being one of the few people in the lawn screaming my head off

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
If it wasn't, I would hope this place would shutdown, because as much as people complain about the complaining, I really don't see how a circle jerk where everyone excites themselves about how epicly awesome amazing great and super fantastic Iron Maiden/whatever-other-band-they-love-obsessively is would be any improvement.Good point. I should have changed the word "criticism" to "whining". The first is a good thing, the second is not - and we get plenty of both, I'm sure you would agree. ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Good point. I should have changed the word "criticism" to "whining". The first is a good thing, the second is not - and we get plenty of both, I'm sure you would agree. ;)

Yeah, I agree, but I'd also add we get a lot of fan splooge, which is about as interesting was whining to me ;)

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I agree, but I'd also add we get a lot of fan splooge, which is about as interesting was whining to me ;)

:agree: I concur.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I like the set, but a good compromise would be

01.The Wicker Man
02.The Ghost of the Navigator
03.Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
04.El Dorado
05.Paschendale- Swapped for The Evil that Men Do
06.The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg- Swapped for The Trooper
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams- Swapped for 2 Minutes to Midnight
10.No More lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:34 PM
In true "me" fashion, I will now point out how Maiden could've altered this setlist to send everyone home happy - or at least with no significant reason to bitch.

01.The Wicker Man
04.El Dorado
05.2 Minutes to Midnight
06.The Evil That Men Do
07.Paschendale
08.The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
09.These Colours Don't Run
10.Blood Brothers
11.Wildest Dreams
12.Brave New World
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden
===========================
15.Number of the Beast
16.Phantom of the Opera
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name

You'll observe I dropped No More lies (seemingly the worst received song of all of the reunion stuff they're doing), and added in two shorter, older songs that would please more casual/older fans but not upset/bore anyone. You'll notice I stuck them right in the middle of the reunion material, to break up the potential monotony. I then took out Running Free and instead put in Phantom of the Opera - a worshipped and not overplayed older song.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
[B]08.Blood Brothers- Swapped for The Evil that Men Do

:mad:
Blood Brothers is one of the best things about this setlist.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 12:37 PM
You'll observe I dropped No More lies (seemingly the worst received song of all of the reunion stuff they're doing)

I actually really like No More Lies, more than Paschendale atleast

Wizzbang11
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't think Maiden holds the US in contempt and are trying to punish them by doing stuff like this, but I do think they have gotten to the point in their career where they're doing exactly what they want to do, and not worrying about catering to small groups with personal biases against eras of their career.

What? There is no way that the people who want to see classic Maiden songs are a small group. If anything they would be catering to the small groups who do want to hear almost exclusivley the new material. I'm looking forward to the show, but you can't on the one hand complain about hordes of people bitching about the setlist (which they really aren't) and then also claim they are a minority group who Iron Maiden don't care about.

Crionics you are spot on with the adjustments, those are the exact songs I would drop.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 12:39 PM
:mad:
Blood Brothers is one of the best things about this setlist.

Meant to swap with Paschendale...no idea how I did Blood Brothers

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
What? There is no way that the people who want to see classic Maiden songs are a small group. If anything they would be catering to the small groups who do want to hear almost exclusivley the new material. I'm looking forward to the show, but you can't on the one hand complain about hordes of people bitching about the setlist (which they really aren't) and then also claim they are a minority group who Iron Maiden don't care about.

Crionics you are spot on with the adjustments, those are the exact songs I would drop.

Calm down.

By small groups (multiple), I meant every exact opinion of what people want. There isn't only two exact opinions on Maiden. There's people who want old stuff that's less-played, there's people who want old stuff that's already over-played, there's people who want a mix of both, people who like reunion material and want to hear it, people who like reunion and don't want to hear it, people that don't like reunion material at all, people who hate the 90s material, people who want a mix of everything, people who want a lot of DiAnno material.

Every person who doesn't like this setlist dislikes it for the same exact reason(s). That's what I'm getting at.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Meant to swap with Paschendale...no idea how I did Blood Brothers

That's almost worse to me, haha.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I think "Paschendale" is a great choice for this set, and is honestly (along with some BNW love) one of the things I really like about their set.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I love No More Lies. Switch WD for Rainmaker, TNOTB for The Trooper and swap the order of RF and HBTN and it would be close to the best set they've ever done. But it's great the way it is.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I like Paschendale, don't get me wrong, but I really couldn't see me taking out any other song, maybe just add a 17th song ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Calm down.

By small groups (multiple), I meant every exact opinion of what people want. There isn't only two exact opinions on Maiden. There's people who want old stuff that's less-played, there's people who want old stuff that's already over-played, there's people who want a mix of both, people who like reunion material and want to hear it, people who like reunion and don't want to hear it, people that don't like reunion material at all, people who hate the 90s material, people who want a mix of everything, people who want a lot of DiAnno material.

Every person who doesn't like this setlist dislikes it for the same exact reason(s). That's what I'm getting at.

But I think the smallest group of all would be the group that wants a reunion era only set list which is basically what this is.

rjturtle9
06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
The setlist is amazing! There, now everyone can stop arguing cause I'm always right ;)

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 12:57 PM
But I think the smallest group of all would be the group that wants a reunion era only set list which is basically what this is.

I think, like most everything else I'm encountering, that this opinion is focused on the wrong quality. I think people get too hung up on the fact that "Blah it's so much reunion material" or "Blah, there's not enough 'classics'", that they completely overlook enjoying the setlist for what it is, and not bashing it for what it isn't. And I think that ultimately, as long as you like the reunion material, it shouldn't matter whether or not there's old stuff here - because I'd bet my bottom dollar that the next time they do one of "these" tours, there's going to be maybe 2 reunion songs, tops - and a lot of 80s material.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Well there is another date tonight, I know Maiden doesn't change sets often, but lets see if they do this time due to the reviews that have been heard.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Well there is another date tonight, I know Maiden doesn't change sets often, but lets see if they do this time due to the reviews that have been heard.

Yeah, it's not gonna happen. They already have the backdrops arranged, the lights programmed, etc. Changing a song isn't like most smaller bands, where they can just "do it". One thing Maiden are not is spontaneous in the live setting.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
yeah plus Maiden doesnt change their sets to appeal to people who dont like their set. just doesnt happen

Crionics
06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Ah I see, well, only 39 days till I see em!

Indestructible
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
They can take out wildest dreams,iron maiden and running free and do some more classics

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
They can take out iron maiden

lulz.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 01:10 PM
They can take out wildest dreams,iron maiden and running free and do some more classics

lolwut?

Axis_Of_Metal
06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
They can't take out the song Iron Maiden. Isn't it a standard for them anyway

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
@people who say they could take out 2 reunion songs in favor of a couple of 'classics'

....This still would not stop people from bitching.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
@people who say they could take out 2 reunion songs in favor of a couple of 'classics'

....This still would not stop people from bitching.

I agree, that those who want to bitch will still bitch no matter what - but it certainly would make it easier for people like me to go: "Shut up and stop complaining". :D

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I agree, that those who want to bitch will still bitch no matter what - but it certainly would make it easier for people like me to go: "Shut up and stop complaining". :D

Yeah but knowing Maiden if they did switch two songs out it would be Blood Brothers and Paschendale, and I think I would punch a hole in the wall if those two were swapped out for RTTH and Wratchild at my show. :tongue:

larvtard
06-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I haven't listened to any newer Maiden so I figured I would give it a go and see how I liked it via a playlist of the setlist.

Just finished listening, my report:

-Ghost of The Navigator is amazing
-Paschendale and Reincarnation are both really good
-Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is great
-I also love El Dorado

-The Wicker Man, No More Lies, and Fear of the Dark are pretty bad
-These Colours Don't Run, Blood Brothers, Wildest Dreams, and Brave New World really bored me

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
:bouville: :tp: :flame: :finger2: :axe: :angry: :fingers: :nonono: :pissed: :stop: :bigfinger: :fight: :boxer: :chair:

mankvill
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM

I AM GOING TO PINCH YOU SO HARD

Crionics
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
-These Colours Don't Run, Blood Brothers, Wildest Dreams, and Brave New World really bored me

Ya know I love you, but :finger2::flame::mad::axe::angry::pissed::boxer:

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, seriously, this guy's fucked up

larvtard
06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
hahahaha I knew I was gonna get a angry response from that

Wizzbang11
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I haven't listened to any newer Maiden so I figured I would give it a go and see how I liked it via a playlist of the setlist.

Just finished listening, my report:

-Ghost of The Navigator is amazing
-Paschendale is really good
-Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is great
-No More Lies is pretty bad
-These Colours Don't Run, Blood Brothers, and Wildest Dreams really bored me

Agreed.

-The Wicker Man and Fear of the Dark are pretty bad
-Brave New World really bored me
Whaaa..!?!?!

larvtard
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM
maybe I should re-listen to The Wicker Man...

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Wicker Man is easily one of my favorites from them, including all eras.

Crionics
06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah dude, Wicker Man is great.

larvtard
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah dude, Wicker Man is great.

Just re-listened... I take back my comment about it being a bad song. It's definitely a good song, I just think it sounds....cheesy.

"Your time will come...Whoa oh whoa oh"

Crionics
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Just re-listened... I take back my comment about it being a bad song. It's definitely a good song, I just think it sounds....cheesy.

:rocker:

Crionics
06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Also re-listen to Fear of the Dark..it sounds best on "A Real Live One."

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Live FOTD > Album FOTD

:rocker:

Exactly.

larvtard
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Also re-listen to Fear of the Dark..it sounds best on "A Real Live One."

It's a little better, I guess. Still kinda turns me off though.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah but knowing Maiden if they did switch two songs out it would be Blood Brothers and Paschendale, and I think I would punch a hole in the wall if those two were swapped out for RTTH and Wratchild at my show. :tongue:

As would I.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
As if it wasn't painfully obvious, this is the most viewed thread on this site, or at least in this section of the forums. It's double the 2nd most viewed thread, which is a Gigantour thread, and more than 2.5 times the third most viewed, which is Ozzfest 2007.

I'm pretty sure this was the only site on the internet that was updating the setlist for Maiden's opening show in real time.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure this was the only site on the internet that was updating the setlist for Maiden's opening show in real time.

:D

Word got around. I had 81 followers on twitter from all over the world.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
As if it wasn't painfully obvious, this is the most viewed thread on this site, or at least in this section of the forums. It's double the 2nd most viewed thread, which is a Gigantour thread, and more than 2.5 times the third most viewed, which is Ozzfest 2007.

:fist:

Crionics
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM

We= :metal:

mankvill
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Is anyone at the show tonight?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Is anyone at the show tonight?

There's a guy from another board I post on that's at the Houston show tonight. I'll let you guys know if he posts anything interesting about tonight's show.

jhdeity
06-11-2010, 07:00 PM

The biggest difference between old Maiden and new Maiden are the lyrics. I would rate the music of Wicker Man an 8 and the lyrics a 3.

Fear of the Dark is just as bad lyrically in all reality. I can't help but laugh at the chorus.

I do like some of the new tracks being played but it's overkill.

This setlist can be worlds better. Throw in some semi-obscure gems like Where Eagles Dare, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Remember Tomorrow, Children of the Damned or The Prisoner and it would be much more tolerable.

I know there are going to be some dumbfounded people walking out of these shows. It's kinda funny actually but it wouldn't be funny if I paid $80 to see Maiden expecting to hear some great songs like Revelations for the last time live.

I'm glad so many people on here are into their newer music. I'm glad I caught the last tour and will remember how great of a show that was. Still would have been cool to hear some obscure gems. Maybe they'll do a reunion tour and play all obscure shit next. hahaha

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM
tl;dr most of the last seven pages, but I have to commend Maiden for drumming up this much argument. I think that's evidence that this was a good setlist - people are talking, AT LENGTH. :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I do like some of the new tracks being played but it's overkill.

This setlist can be worlds better. Throw in some semi-obscure gems like Where Eagles Dare, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Remember Tomorrow, Children of the Damned or The Prisoner and it would be much more tolerable.

I know there are going to be some dumbfounded people walking out of these shows. It's kinda funny actually but it wouldn't be funny if I paid $80 to see Maiden expecting to hear some great songs like Revelations for the last time live.

I'm glad so many people on here are into their newer music. I'm glad I caught the last tour and will remember how great of a show that was. Still would have been cool to hear some obscure gems. Maybe they'll do a reunion tour and play all obscure shit next. hahaha

Aside from The Prisoner, that tour was 2005. So those songs have actually been played more recently than a lot of the BNW and DOD material.

I think this set really is only a bad deal if it's your first and only time to see Maiden. Best way to amend that is to see them on the next tour as well, and you'll probably see a widely different setlist. Unless they do an AMOLAD-tour thing again, but I'm not sure they'd do it again. They'll probably stick to the formula of 2/3 of the new album + almost all of the classics + 3 or 4 "NIIICE!"-type semi-obscure things like the ones you mentioned.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1852/posermaidenfanspend80on.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 07:29 PM

NO REUNION
NO BLAZE
80S ONLY
FINAL FRONTIER

jhdeity
06-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Damn, that kid looks just like you Jackson. Same hair style and all. hahahaha

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Unless they do an AMOLAD-tour thing again, but I'm not sure they'd do it again. They'll probably stick to the formula of 2/3 of the new album + almost all of the classics + 3 or 4 "NIIICE!"-type semi-obscure things like the ones you mentioned.

I see them doing this once the album comes out. But maybe only half, since the songs are so long.

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Apparently the Houston set is different. Same up to Breeg and then, judging by the time on the tweets, possibly Colous and BB. Then Bring Your Daughter followed by No More Lies. I'll be PISSED if they've dropped anything besides Wildest Dreams.

http://twitter.com/hprocksoff

Edit: BNW. PLEASE say Blood Brothers and Colours are still in there.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
BRING YOUR DAUGHTER?! HELL YEAH! :D

and if they replaced WD for it, even better lol

PowerMaiden
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
wow

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 08:31 PM
wait did they drop BNW or WD?

darkguardian50
06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Cool to see them playing Paschendale again. Alot of other great tracks from their recent albums on there. It would be cool if they dropped Wildest Dreams for Dance of Death, I hate that song. I kinda wish they had shaved some of the AMOLAD songs of there and done some unplayed classics. I mean To Tame a Land? When was the last time they played that masterpiece? I've always loved 22 Acacia Ave but whenever I have seen them they never played it. I also missed the portion of the last tour where they played The Clairvoyant, one of my all time favorite Maiden tunes. And I can never condone dropping The Trooper from the setlist. Its one of the greatest metal songs ever written. I think I would be disappointed if I went to see Maiden and they didn't play it. Even if I've seen them play it before. But I definitely respect and understand what they are trying to do with this setlist. I think they just went a bit to far.

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Bring Your Daughter instead of Wildest Dreams? LAME.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Bring Your Daughter instead of Wildest Dreams? LAME.

So other than that, the setlist is exactly the same? So this would be correct for Houston?:

01.The Wicker Man
04.El Dorado
05.Paschendale
06.The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08.Blood Brothers
09.Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
10.No More lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Nooooooooooooo

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 08:45 PM
So other than that, the setlist is exactly the same? So this would be correct for Houston?:

01.The Wicker Man
04.El Dorado
05.Paschendale
08.Blood Brothers
09.Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
10.No More lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

yeah it seems that way.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19532.210 Jeffmetal there says the added Wrathchild and Dance Of Death.

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm skeptical until I see video if we already have two disagreeing reports.

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2010, 08:50 PM
This is kinda weird if Maiden changed the set that much in just one night. Usually I think at most they've switched one song once a tour started.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 08:50 PM
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19532.210 Jeffmetal there says the added Wrathchild and Dance Of Death.

O:

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 08:51 PM
This is kinda weird if Maiden changed the set that much in just one night. Usually I think at most they've switched one song once a tour started.

Maybe they're going to finally change it up every night like Metallica.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
if they added DoD i will be the happiest person ever =D (unless they dropped BNW or Paschendale, cus those should never be dropped)

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
doubt it. their stage set is too extensive to change that often unless they planned to have rotating slots. but its Maiden, they have never done that

mankvill
Maybe they're going to finally change it up every night like Metallica.

Would be tits.

powerslave_85
Dance of Death?? :hecho: :hecho:

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Dance of Death?? :hecho: :hecho:

I've never understood why so many people hate this song. I think it's great. :light:

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I've never understood why so many people hate this song. I think it's great. :light:

Same here. It's my favorite track from the album.

powerslave_85
This is what I get for complaining about NML. "Well then, we'll just play the only song on the album you like less than that one!"

jhdeity
You can add Blood Brothers to my list...

EvilCheeseWedge
The argument that Maiden can't change their set because their setup is too elaborate isn't a good one imo. Clearly for that elaborate of a setup they have a lot of crew, a crew more than capable of making adjustments. If the reason a band wouldn't play different songs is because their lights won't be right...

Anyways, Bring Your Daughter > Wildest Dreams. Hell yeah :horns:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd much rather have heard DOD than No More Lies the other night.

JRA
06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Anyways, Bring Your Daughter > Wildest Dreams. Hell yeah :horns:

:eek: :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Musically, I love it... I'd commit terrible crimes to hear it with real and proper orchestrations. :drool:

Lyrically it kinda blows, but dammit if I don't still love it. :rocker:

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Ew, no. Not an improvement. They managed to take two of the weakest songs on the list and replace them with even worse ones. IMO, of course. PLAY RAINMAKER, FFS

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 08:59 PM
:eek: :lol:

:eyes:

JRA
06-11-2010, 08:59 PM
:eyes:

Wildest Dreams > Daughter. Daughter is a second rate AC/DC song.

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I have to agree with that.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 09:02 PM

:flame:

I don't know why, but I have a pretty irrational love for Daughter. And I've just never managed to enjoy Wildest Dreams.

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Wildest Dreams is SO much better than Daughter, both of which are stupid decisions when they could be playing Rainmaker. :(

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Most of NPFTD was crap.

Public Enema Number One? Tail Gunner?

I never see anyone wanting to hear those tunes.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Most of NPFTD was crap.

agreed, but Bring Your Daughter always was a decent song to me. It was catchy to my ear and i always thought it would be fun live

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Wildest Dreams is SO much better than Daughter, both of which are stupid decisions when they could be playing Rainmaker. :(

I can agree with that.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
agreed, but Bring Your Daughter always was a decent song to me. It was catchy to my ear and i always thought it would be fun live

Ya, BYD is a great sing a long song.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Most of NPFTD was crap.

Yeah but we all know "Mother Russia" ended the Cold War with its deep insights into Russia :eyes:

jhdeity
06-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah I finally came to the realization that my favorite Maiden songs rarely have the title in the actual lyrics. Or like Hallowed Be They Name they only say it a few times. It's not sang over and over and over and over again.

I can't imagine singing along to We're Blood Brothers for almost 7 minutes...

es156
06-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, the most insane rumor on the IMBB right now is that they dropped Paschendale and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns for Wrathchild and Dance Of Death.

If this is true, my killing spree starts tomorrow. And it starts in Texas.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah I finally came to the realization that my favorite Maiden songs rarely have the title in the actual lyrics. Or like Hallowed Be They Name they only say it a few times. It's not sang over and over and over and over again.

I can't imagine singing along to We're Blood Brothers for almost 7 minutes...

seventh son of a seventh son
seventh son of a seventh sooooon

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, the most insane rumor on the IMBB right now is that they dropped Paschendale and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns for Wrathchild and Dance Of Death.

That...would be a terrible decision. Not that I dislike Wrathchild or DOD, I quite like both in fact, but Paschendale is the best reunion era song, and Brighter is the best song on AMOLAD...so no, just fucking no please. :snivel:

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:20 PM

Ya, that's what Jeffmetal said as well over at maidenfans. It should all be confirmed soon enough.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:21 PM
...could they be anymore retarded if they dropped two of the best songs in the set when there are much WORSE on this setlist? (No More Lies)

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:24 PM
...could they be anymore retarded if they dropped two of the best songs in the set when there are much WORSE on this setlist? (No More Lies)

Well, it's looking more likely to be true. See Jeffmetal's latest post: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19532.210

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
why would they do such a thing...i much rather have the original, WD included >.< hopefully it goes back before weds

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:29 PM
If ANYTHING leaves this setlist for Wrathchild or Bring Your Daughter to come in, I will be upset. Bring Your Daughter is easily one of Maiden's worst songs IMO.

Dance of Death would be nice, but only if they'd be dropping No More lies or Wildest Dreams for it. If Paschendale, These Colours Don't Run, or especially Blood Brothers leaves this set I'm gonna be pretty damn upset.

Awaiting some form of official confirmation though. The show is over by now.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah its definitely over, that twitter account posted Running Free like 30 minutes ago. just looking for something on setlist.fm or something. DTs set didnt change, so that was nice to see.

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 09:31 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Also, there are so many stupid people out there that I'm skeptical of everything. I've heard people completely mistake obvious songs before.

es156
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I tihnk imm gnna b siiiiiiicccckkkkk

:barf:

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
how does someone mistake Wrathchild for Brighter than a Thousand Suns or Paschendale? that is just an epic fail. Bring Your Daughter seems to be legit, the twitter guy seemed quite excited about it.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
They won't cut out Paschendale, it has it's own big ass backdrop.

EDIT from IMBB:

It looks like this tour may feature the most backdrops ever used during a Maiden show-

Wicker Man
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
El Dorado
Paschendale
Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast

Everything listed there is staying.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I tihnk imm gnna b siiiiiiicccckkkkk

This is a rarity, you showing emotion, haha.

I agree with you though.

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:35 PM

True. It was also arguably the most heavily requested song for this tour.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
how does someone mistake Wrathchild for Brighter than a Thousand Suns or Paschendale? that is just an epic fail. Bring Your Daughter seems to be legit, the twitter guy seemed quite excited about it.

Ya, Maiden just can't seem to let go of that song. They proved it on the 2nd leg of SBIT and now they're doing it again. I guess maybe they're giving in to the typical fans a little bit. We shall see what happens with future sets.

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM

That's great news! Setlist out yet though?

mankvill
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Ya, Maiden just can't seem to let go of that song. They proved it on the 2nd leg of SBIT and now they're doing it again. I guess maybe they're giving in to the typical fans a little bit. We shall see what happens with future sets.

True. It was also arguably the most heavily requested song for this tour.

WILL ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CHANGE YOUR DAMN ICON

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-LKYPsCAZHs/SrNSlpIDdtI/AAAAAAAAAKo/_4QpYcH75Yw/s320/chill_pill.jpg

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:43 PM
That's great news! Setlist out yet though?

dont think so

lmao

mankvill
06-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-LKYPsCAZHs/SrNSlpIDdtI/AAAAAAAAAKo/_4QpYcH75Yw/s320/chill_pill.jpg

http://murbella.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/dr_mario2.jpg

fuck you!

es156
06-11-2010, 09:44 PM
This is a rarity, you showing emotion, haha.

I agree with you though.

I literally have a knot in my stomach right now. The 3 songs that I most wanted to hear on this tour were Paschendale, BTATS and Ghost Of The Navigator. When they were all 3 in the set list Wednesday night I was beyond thrilled. I was so pumped for the shows. Now if they drop 2 of them for DOD and Wrathchild I will be so disappointed. I mean seriously - Wrathchild?? Wow.

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I literally have a knot in my stomach right now. The 3 songs that I most wanted to hear on this tour were Paschendale, BTATS and Ghost Of The Navigator. When they were all 3 in the set list Wednesday night I was beyond thrilled. I was so pumped for the shows. Now if they drop 2 of them for DOD and Wrathchild I will be so disappointed. I mean seriously - Wrathchild?? Wow.
They won't go to the expense of making a banner for those songs then cutting them from the set. They would have planned for a negative response and would cut something like Blood Brothers instead.

Maiden33

100% agreed except swap BTATS for Blood Brothers. Wrathchild kinda sucks and they play it WAY too fucking much. Jesus christ - if they're gonna do an overplayed hit - at least give us 2 Minutes or The Evil That Men Do - which everyone seems to always enjoy.

Travis The Dragon
http://murbella.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/dr_mario2.jpg

fuck you!

Ya, well you're seeing rush almost 2 months before me so fuck you even more! But then I'm not seeing Maiden at all so fuck everyone who is! :D

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
100% agreed except swap BTATS for Blood Brothers. Wrathchild kinda sucks and they play it WAY too fucking much. Jesus christ - if they're gonna do an overplayed hit - at least give us 2 Minutes or The Evil That Men Do - which everyone seems to always enjoy.

Ya for sure.

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Ya, well you're seeing rush almost 2 months before me so fuck you even more! But then I'm not seeing Maiden at all so fuck everyone who is! :D

im seeing Rush earlier then anyone else on the forum!!! first date in Albuquerque!!!! :D

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
im seeing Rush earlier then anyone else on the forum!!! first date in Albuquerque!!!! :D

Very nice! Even though, first shows of the tour can be bad because the band isn't quite as rehearsed on the material as they would be a month into it. Either way, Rush deliver an AMAZING show! :party:

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
im justlooking forward to the random setlist :) and the set is up on setlist.fm.... :'(

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Set confirmed via Setlist.fm:

01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost of the Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance of Death
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Travis The Dragon
im justlooking forward to the random setlist :) and the set is up on setlist.fm.... :'(

The Rush set for the upcoming tour is on setlist.fm? Or you mean Maiden's Houston set?

maidenpriest
Maidens. and no BYD apparently?...im so damn confused atm.

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
FUCK

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Maiden Houston. I call bullshit.

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrathchild
El Dorado
Dance Of Death
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm upset, but if they don't change it anymore I'll live.

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm so fucking pissed. Paschendale might well be my second or third favorite Maiden song OF ALL TIME, and they drop it for fucking WRATHCHILD?!? Utter fucking bullshit.

mankvill
I like Wrathchild, but not nearly enough to take the place of Paschendale, although I'd be less upset if it was later in the set.

maidenpriest
it also seems like Wrathchild is out of place, the only classic song in the midst of 10 new songs?....

Onioner
Noooooo, I want to see Paschendale so bad, even if Dance of Death is still a pretty good song. And switching out Brighter than a Thousand Suns for Wrathchild is weak as hell. How about a song like New Frontier, a newer song that hasn't been played at all instead?

maidenpriest
06-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Noooooo, I want to see Paschendale so bad, even if Dance of Death is still a pretty good song. And switching out Brighter than a Thousand Suns for Wrathchild is weak as hell.

amen

Dissimulate
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
They cut one of their most epic reunion songs for a limp dick title track? I'm getting too many conflicting reports to believe that set.

es156
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm so fucking pissed. Paschendale might well be my second or third favorite Maiden song OF ALL TIME, and they drop it for fucking WRATHCHILD?!? Utter fucking bullshit.

This.

Travis The Dragon
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Wrathchild:
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/fail/3/fail~1.jpg

Maiden33
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Why doesn't Maiden just give in and let me plan their setlists for them? :mad:

scott308
06-11-2010, 10:24 PM
No Paschendale? Goddammit!!!!!