PDA

View Full Version : Behold! The greatest movie of 2011

powerslave_85
06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
LOS ANGELES - Zooey Deschanel and Rashida Jones will play lovers in "My Idiot Brother," a comedy also starring Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and Emily Mortimer.

The project centers on an idealist (Rudd) dealing with his overbearing mother who crashes at the homes of his three ambitious sisters and brings truth, happiness and a sunny disposition into their lives while also wreaking havoc.

Banks, Deschanel and Mortimer will play the sisters. Banks is a career-driven single about to get her big break in journalism after spending years writing about accessories at a fashion magazine; Deschanel is a bisexual whose flakiness and lies are getting in the way of moving forward with her caring, responsible girlfriend (Jones); and Mortimer plays a Park Slope mom too worried about having the perfect life and children to notice that her marriage is falling apart.

Jesse Peretz will direct from a script by Evgenia Peretz and David Schisgall. Shooting is slated to begin in New York next month.

Deschanel most recently starred in "(500) Days of Summer," while Jones co-stars on NBC's "Parks and Recreation." Banks appeared on NBC's "30 Rock," Mortimer in "Shutter Island," and Rudd in "I Love You, Man." If there were ever a movie deserving of an Oscar before it's even filmed, this is it. Really, though, I'm just glad they got my screenplay. I hope they leave in the 45-minute bathtub scene.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
So you're Dave Gizzball, then? Nice to meet you, man.

powerslave_85
06-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I don't know who this Dave guy is, but he obviously ripped me off. To be fair, my version was less "plot" and more "scantily-clad, giggling pillowfights."

DethMaiden
06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh, man. :lol: This is going to be well worth the ticket price even if it sucks.

Dissimulate
06-10-2010, 06:21 PM
This sounds about as fun as getting teeth drilled.

mankvill
06-10-2010, 07:34 PM
*opens thread*

"Zooey Deschanel"

*close thread*

:barf:

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:41 AM
This sounds about as fun as getting teeth drilled.Yeah, you're right. Good-looking women, two of whom will probably end up kissing, and quirky humor is just a fucking drag, man. I'd rather have intense physical pain inflicted on me than watch that shit. Right on. :rolleyes:

*opens thread*

"Zooey Deschanel"

*close thread*

:barf:

And you. There you go being close-minded again. :rolleyes:

She's no goddess or anything, but she has definitely been in some good films (whether she had anything to do with the films being good or not). To write something off just because she's in it - or any actor, for that matter - is just plain ignant.

I mean, shit - what have you got against "Elf", for fuck's sake?!?

mankvill
06-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Elf is the only good thing Zooey Deschanel has ever done. Everything else is trying too hard to be a wacky zany indie princess.

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Elf is the only good thing Zooey Deschanel has ever done. Everything else is trying too hard to be a wacky zany indie princess.Maybe, but I'd still watch her kiss another chick, especially if it was surrounded by half-decent comedy. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" would like to have a word with you.

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Yeah, Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy and The Happening were a bunch of indie hipster drivel.

I mean really, have you seen any of her movies besides Elf? I assume you're referring to (500) Days of Summer, but she's not really that quirky in it. Good movie, to boot, even though I ended up hating the main character by the end.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Hey, at least you aren't all fawning over Megan Fox. :D

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Hey, at least you aren't all fawning over Megan Fox. :DShe's hotter than the core of the sun, but she is way too aware of it, and she couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag.

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Hey, at least you aren't all fawning over Megan Fox. :D
Now THERE'S a use of the :barf: smiley

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah, Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy and The Happening were a bunch of indie hipster drivel.

I mean really, have you seen any of her movies besides Elf? I assume you're referring to (500) Days of Summer, but she's not really that quirky in it. Good movie, to boot, even though I ended up hating the main character by the end.
I started watching (500) Days of Summer, but I fell asleep and my wife returned it before I had a chance to finish watching it. Oh well.

I did like her in Manic, too, though.

HGTTG was a real disappointment - the source material is priceless. :(

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 07:55 AM
HGTTG was a real disappointment - the source material is priceless. :(Really? I thought it was really faithful to the book, and fairly well-cast.

Derelict
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I kinda liked the Happening cause they shot it in and around the little burg I live in.

I still wouldnt kick her out of bed.

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Really? I thought it was really faithful to the book, and fairly well-cast.Faithful to the book it may have been, but for some reason the humor of the original just didn't translate well enough for me. I thought the casting was actualy very good - she was a great Trillian and Rockwell was a great Zaphod, but somehow I was just still very underwhelmed by the whole thing. Maybe I just had those books up on too high a pedestal or something, but I laughed out loud a lot less than I thought I should have. :snivel:

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I still wouldnt kick her out of bed.Especially not if she did what I saw her do in the sex tape that leaked a while back. ;)

powerslave_85
06-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Especially not if she did what I saw her do in the sex tape that leaked a while back. ;)
Shenanigans! If there were a Zooey sex tape, I would have heard about it (and been hospitalized for exhaustion) by now.

Div
06-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I mean, shit - what have you got against "Elf", for fuck's sake?!?

will ferrell

TonyD
06-11-2010, 09:21 AM
But Black Dynamite came out in 2010?

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Shenanigans! If there were a Zooey sex tape, I would have heard about it (and been hospitalized for exhaustion) by now.Exhaustion, or dehydration - one or the other. ;)

Dude, I saw it. I'm pretty sure it was her, but as with all sex tapes, there's always a shred of doubt, I suppose. It definitely looked genuine to me, though - and whoever it was, she was quite...skilled. ;)

will ferrellHe has his moments. Elf was one, and Anchorman was another.

Stay classy, San Diego.

But Black Dynamite came out in 2010?
Black Dynamite was so bad, it was good. A better way to describe it would be that it was like a car crash - horrible to watch, but you can't seem to tear your eyes away from it. It did, however, yield one of the most memorable movie quotes of the year so far:

"Anaconda Malt Liquor - pop the top, and the panties drop."

:metal: