PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine -- London, England -- June 6th, 2010

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
The Rage Factor Victory Party
Venue: Finsbury Park
Support: Gogol Bordello / Roots Manuva / Gallows
Set times: 21:05-22:15

Testify
Bombtrack
People of The Sun
Know Your Enemy
Bulls On Parade
Township Rebellion
Bullet In The Head
White Riot
Guerrilla Radio
Sleep Now In The Fire
Freedom
----------------
Killing In The Name

idrinkwine732
06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I really want to see them...

JRA
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Only 12 songs? This is starting to drift into modern Ozzy Osbourne territory.

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Only 12 songs? This is starting to drift into modern Ozzy Osbourne territory.

Ozzy doesn't do free concerts...

JLRedWing13
06-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I really want to see them...

This. I would gladly take that setlist.

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I didn't really care what they played. You can't argue with free.

I would have appreciated 'Wake Up' though. Maybe they don't realise it, but that's easily one of their most popular songs here.

mankvill
06-06-2010, 05:28 PM
White Riot. Clash cover?

Also: I really wish they wouldn't encore with Killing In The Name. It's not THAT good of a song. Freedom is an infinitely better closer.

Also: is Township Rebellion really that big? I mean, I love the song, but I never knew it was popular enough to be in their sets.

Also: MORE EVIL EMPIRE TRACKS!

Also also also also also etc.

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
White Riot. Clash cover?

Yes. And it sucked.

Also: I really wish they wouldn't encore with Killing In The Name. It's not THAT good of a song. Freedom is an infinitely better closer.

Don't forget the entire point of the concert. It was a free show to celebrate getting 'Killing In The Name' to number 1 at Christmas in the UK ahead of the winning song from 'The X Factor'. They were NEVER going to close with anything else.

Also: is Township Rebellion really that big? I mean, I love the song, but I never knew it was popular enough to be in their sets.

Played because of the stuff going on in the Gaza Strip at the moment.

mankvill
06-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Ah yeah, I remember that whole thing. Cool.

I wanna see them so bad. ;_;

elturtleboy
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
RATM with gogo and gallows? I would gladly pay 4 that show

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM

I made an extra special effort to arrive after all the support bands had finished. I timed it to perfection.

The support were voted for by ticket holders... and I honestly don't believe those were the top three.

JudasPriest89
06-06-2010, 05:39 PM
The Rage Factor Victory Party
Venue: Finsbury Park
Support: Gogol Bordello / Roots Manuva / Gallows
Set times: 21:05-22:15

Testify
Bombtrack
People of The Sun
Know Your Enemy
Bulls On Parade
Township Rebellion
Bullet In The Head
White Riot
Guerrilla Radio
Sleep Now In The Fire
Freedom
----------------
Killing In The Name

Surprised, yet glad "Bulls On Parade" isn't on the set...

mankvill
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I made an extra special effort to arrive after all the support bands had finished. I timed it to perfection.

The support were voted for by ticket holders... and I honestly don't believe those were the top three.

:lol: I would love to hear your opinion on Gogol Bordello live. :barf:

JRA
06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
ahem

Testify
Bombtrack
People of The Sun
Know Your Enemy
Bulls On Parade
Township Rebellion
Bullet In The Head
White Riot
Guerrilla Radio
Sleep Now In The Fire
Freedom
----------------
Killing In The Name

jhdeity
06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Replace Know Your Ememy with Down Rodeo and I'd be happy. Love Township Rebellion...

Sleep Now In The Fire might be one of the 10 best songs ever penned in my not so humble opinion.

Would be great to see them write some new material...

makethemsuffer12
06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Surprised, yet glad "Bulls On Parade" isn't on the set...

Ummmmm, wat?

Dextrimental
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Would be great to see them write some new material...

Its almost inevitable at this stage, like they'll need it after this bout of shows since after this practically everyone who wants to see them will.

TonyD
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Kinda want to see them still, they've only come here once since reuniting, and it was part of a festival.

larvtard
06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I would kill to see RATM live...
I do hate "Bulls on Parade" though. And, to make matters worse, it's even more popular nowadays because all the guitar hero fags like it. Oh well, at least their good songs haven't been corrupted by Guitar Hero. yet...

bt11763
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM

fuckin'a :bouville:

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Kinda want to see them still, they've only come here once since reuniting, and it was part of a festival.

Until this, which was a one off, they'd only been here once as part of a festival as well.

They play the Download Festival next weekend.

Still no proper touring. It's like the Black Crowes all over again, which means they'll break up again next year.

leglessmoof
06-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Its almost inevitable at this stage, like they'll need it after this bout of shows since after this practically everyone who wants to see them will.

Not true, especially in America. They have played some shows here in the USA since re-uniting (9 cities by my count), but there are still a lot of markets they haven't covered.

There has only been 1 reunion show within 600 miles of where I live, and it was one of the very first reunion shows. The only reason I didn't go was because I figured a full-blown headlining tour was sure to follow. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

Also, I don't think they've gone to Canada at all since reuniting.

mastodon421
06-07-2010, 06:10 AM
I would absolutely kill to see Rage live. I don't event think they have played a show on the East Coast yet since they got back together.

JudasPriest89
06-07-2010, 08:05 AM
ahem

Oh damn I didn't realize it, that would be to good to be true :mad:

JudasPriest89
06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Ummmmm, wat?

Didn't see it, that wont ever happen though :mad:

ijwthstd
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't think they have ever played more than 70-80 min sets.

Not even sure how much this qualifies as "back together" seeming they only play a few times a year at the biggest possible shows. I would venture to guess they still hate each other but have bills to pay and lifestyles to maintain.

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 10:58 AM
I would venture to guess they still hate each other but have bills to pay and lifestyles to maintain.

I wouldn't. Not seeing how much they were clearly enjoying themselves last night.

DigMySpanky
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I saw Rage on the battle of LA tour with gangstar and ATDI. It was one of the best show I've ever seen in my life and that's out of a couple hundred. I saw them again at rock the bells NY in 07 and it was kick ass besides the whole war criminals speech. We were really close and saw a lot of great pit action that was intense, yet managable. It was also crazy jumping in unison with the 54,000 or so people behind me. The setlist in '99 was the best because back then you got all the great songs plus the non-album ones like No Shelter and Tom Joad.