PDA

View Full Version : Lengths of songs on next Iron Maiden album. What do you prefer?

Travis The Dragon
06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Would you like the song lengths to be similar to their last 3 albums where at least 3 of the songs are over 8 minutes in length or would you like it to be more like their 80's stuff where 1 song is longer and the rest are shorter? Or does it really matter as long as the songs themselves are great? Since my favorite songs on their albums are always the longer, more epic ones, I would like them to continue to have at least 3 longer songs. How about you?

Maiden33
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Ultimately, lengths don't matter as long as the songs are great. I'd prefer they throw in more short songs, but I have absolutely no problem with the longer ones as long as they try to keep it fresh. Ultimately I'd like 4 songs about 5-and-a-half minutes or less, 2 songs in the 6-7 range, 2 songs in the 7-8 range, and one full-blown epic. I could really go for a 10+ minute track, provided they're gonna pick up the pace with the rest of the disc.

But yeah, ultimately it doesn't matter that much to me.

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't care.

mankvill
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Iron Maiden covering Dopesmoker

ChildrenofSodom
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Jesus's balls, guys. This thread does not deserve to exist. Why not discuss this in another Maiden thread? It seems in the past few months, there has been an influx of completely worthless and random threads. Its annoying as hell, and it spams the worthwhile threads down the page.

ravenheart
06-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Jesus's balls, guys. This thread does not deserve to exist. Why not discuss this in another Maiden thread? It seems in the past few months, there has been an influx of completely worthless and random threads. Its annoying as hell, and it spams the worthwhile threads down the page.

This.

rjturtle9
06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Blame fonzbear2000 :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
06-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Honestly, I don't care, as long as it's good. But ideally it'll have variety, containing a mix of things, without sounding disuniform.

InPatient5100
06-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I think they should be long kinda like the first song on the new Exodus album

MPF
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
AS long as the music is good I don't care how long it is. It could be a 2 minute punk song, or a hour long Prog Rocker. Good is all that matters.

I don't see Maiden doing anything extremely long. I'm picturing songs between 3-12 minutes. Bit of a mix of Dance of Death and A Matter Of Life And Death...at least track length wise.

Travis The Dragon
06-06-2010, 06:21 PM

I made a new thread because I had a poll to go with it. Also, if I start to discuss it in a thread that already exists, not as many people will check it and I won't get as many replies.

idrinkwine732
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Did you actually think people would take lower quality short songs over long songs?

Travis The Dragon
06-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Did you actually think people would take lower quality short songs over long songs?

Actually, based on the results, they don't care either way as long as the songs are good.

TonyD
06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Actually, based on the results, they don't care either way as long as the songs are good.

What did you expect?

Maiden33
06-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree that this thread isn't completely necessary, but at the end of the day - does it really matter? It's discussing a legit topic, so let it be. It's not like the half-dozen InPatient5000 threads that are just useless.

ChildrenofSodom
06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I made a new thread because I had a poll to go with it. Also, if I start to discuss it in a thread that already exists, not as many people will check it and I won't get as many replies.

Are you doing some sort of statistical analysis? We have had this discussion regarding the length of Maiden songs NUMEROUS times here, and I just think every little bullshit thread clogs the board. Some bullshit ozzy graphic, new disturbed song preview, whatever. Just stop!

es156
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Are you doing some sort of statistical analysis? We have had this discussion regarding the length of Maiden songs NUMEROUS times here, and I just think every little bullshit thread clogs the board. Some bullshit ozzy graphic, new disturbed song preview, whatever. Just stop!

So everyone must clear new thread topics with you now?

Relax.

InPatient5100
06-06-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah definitely come on enough us enough ppl

Travis The Dragon
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM

As long as I'm not breaking any rules and the mods/admins don't have a problem with it, I'll do whatever I please. I don't see threads about Maiden song lengths on the first 2 or 3 pages so what's wrong with a new one? I don't see a ton of Disturbed threads on the first 2 or 3 pages so what's wrong with a new one? Especially when they have to do with a NEW album that's coming out. I'm just trying to generate some excitement about these things like everyone else. Same goes with tour rumors of bands. If a thread is started saying that a band might do a tour and then the actual tour is announced, I feel the new announcement of tour dates deserves a new thread. I don't think the board is that overly clogged with stuff. Well, like I said, I shall continue to do things the same way. So far the mods/admins have had NO problems with it and I very much doubt that will change.

b_halperin
06-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I personally don't have a problem with it and although some threads aren't "necessary," occasionally they will be interesting to discuss

Edit: for the record i dont really care much about the length as long as its good

ChildrenofSodom
06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
So everyone must clear new thread topics with you now?

Relax.

No, but you hafta have noticed the recent increase in threads and decrease in quality.

JRA
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
There were way too many 6-minute+ songs on AMOLAD. It would have been one thing if they were all stylistically different, but they weren't.

I was the one guy that voted "let's go back to the 80's." I'd like for Maiden to release an album with a bunch of kickass short songs and 1 maybe 2 long ones, especially if they aren't going to deviate from the epic formula they have.

TonyD
06-06-2010, 10:12 PM
No, but you hafta have noticed the recent increase in threads and decrease in quality.

I second the shit out of this.

rjturtle9
06-06-2010, 11:43 PM

Second this as well.

InPatient5100
06-07-2010, 03:53 AM
ya I agree 2 lol

Sanitarium78
06-07-2010, 07:38 AM

:agree:

I thought I was the only one noticing that.

InPatient5100
06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
ik, wut's goin on here? :LOLFC: