PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Hopper has died of cancer :(

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Actor, director and artist Dennis Hopper died Saturday. Hopper had a long and tumultuous career that included such films as "Easy Rider," "Hoosiers," "Blue Velvet," and "Speed." His cancer was diagnosed last year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2010/05/29/GA2010052902010.html?hpid=topnews

idrinkwine732
05-29-2010, 10:54 AM
This one was inevitable right? He'd been given only a few months to live not that long ago right?

RIP either way. :(

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 10:59 AM
This one was inevitable right? He'd been given only a few months to live not that long ago right?

RIP either way. :(

Yes, that is very true I completely forgot about that.

BloodoftheKings
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
RIP
I will always remeber him for his legendary role as Bowser in the Super Mario Bros movie.

DethMaiden
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

:light: :(

EDIT:
Peter Steele
Ronnie James Dio
Vic Cassano
Dennis Hopper

others I don't care about (sorry)

This year fucking sucks. It's only May. :(

Natrlhi
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM

RIP either way. :(I wasn't aware of that. This is a real loss to the film community. I always enjoyed Hopper's movies. He was great at playing "oddball" characters.

Some of my favorite performances of his were:

True Grit
Hang 'Em High
Cool Hand Luke
Easy Rider
The River's Edge
Boiling Point
True Romance
Speed
Elegy

...and of course his unforgettable role in "Blue Velvet". Downright creepy.

RIP Dennis - you will be missed. :(

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 12:39 PM
"Fuck you you fucking fuck!"

"Don't be a good neighbor anymore to her. I'll have to send you a love letter! Straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker! You receive a love letter from me, and you're fucked forever! You understand, fuck? I'll send you straight to hell, fucker!"

"Let's fuck! I'll fuck anything that moves!"

"Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon? Can't you fucking remember anything? "

Frank Booth: Hey you wanna go for a ride?
Jeffrey Beaumont: No thanks.
Frank Booth: No thanks? What does that mean?
Jeffrey Beaumont: I don't wanna go.
Frank Booth: Go where?
Jeffrey Beaumont: For a ride.
Frank Booth: A ride! Now that's a good idea!

:(

mankvill
05-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Jeeeeze. This sucks. RIP

Derelict
05-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Could I, uh, have one of those Chesterfields now?

I think his wife was trying to divorce him through all this and get his money. RIP

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Obviously not of the same level of public interest, but Bruce and Bob Kulick's father died today too.

Sinfulsot
05-30-2010, 04:04 AM
that would make 4:

Dio
Coleman
Hopper
and Papa Kulick

Reminds me when we lost Swyaze, Fawcett, Jackson, and Billy Mays

Div
05-30-2010, 08:29 PM
im so pissed i didnt make a celebrity deathpool with my friends this year :hmm:

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Could I, uh, have one of those Chesterfields now?One of my favorite scenes with Hopper. It's just before Christopher Walken's character ices him in "True Romance". That exchange they have there is awesome. Two great actors doing what they do best. :fist:

Derelict
05-30-2010, 09:09 PM
One of my favorite scenes with Hopper. It's just before Christopher Walken's character ices him in "True Romance". That exchange they have there is awesome. Two great actors doing what they do best. :fist:

Love that scene - he knows he's about to get killed, so he has fun with him. Really like that movie.

Natrlhi
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Love that scene - he knows he's about to get killed, so he has fun with him. Really like that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqccyUpnZwA

Derelict
06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqccyUpnZwA

That's so great

Fe Maiden
06-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I think the role I will remember him for the most is in Apocalypse Now! He was perfect for that particular character!

I met him once and he was just the coolest!

InPatient5100
06-02-2010, 11:23 PM
He was epic in Hoosiers bro

DethMaiden
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
He was epic in Hoosiers bro

He's the only thing I really enjoy about that movie. I'll never understand why it's heralded as such a classic. I go to school in Indiana, and I'm an enormous basketball fan, but there's just no way that's a good movie. Sorry, it's a generic "small town school starts winning when they buy into the system of a tough coach" movie, and worse, the last team they face is the only time they've encountered blacks, and they're all menacing and mute, and the white boys prevail over them after great struggle, and that gives the film some seriously misguided racial undertones.

Hopper's good though. ;)