PDA

View Full Version : Your Scene Sucks

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 07:14 AM
http://yourscenesucks.com/

has anyone ever seen this site? i've known about it for a few years and find it pretty funny.

IrritatedTrout
05-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Haha good site. I like Indie Jesus.

b_halperin
05-27-2010, 09:12 AM
hahahahahaha just looked through it, i had a good laugh. funny thing is i know people like that, and the descriptions are spot-on.

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
hahahahahaha just looked through it, i had a good laugh. funny thing is i know people like that, and the descriptions are spot-on.

:lol: yeah i have many punk friends, and sad to say but that descrpition and clothing is spot on about most of them. some of them still listen to punk but they grew up and don't really dress like it anymore. a few of my friends used to dress like the crunkcore kid, among other friends with the other scenes, but as they get older most of the people start to dress "normal." some of my younger friends in high school still have the "brootal kid" look. apparently from my friends in high school the "brootal kid" look is spreading like a plauge there, and i thought that scene was dying out. but at least a lot of them have good taste in music supposedly, like Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Death, etc. but most of them also listen to Suicide Silence but that's a given because they have a lot of scene kid fans.

also the black metal knight is fucking hilarious. those guys take themselves way too seriously :lol:

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
also the black metal knight is fucking hilarious. those guys take themselves way too seriously :lol:I liked that one, too. He looks like any of the members of Behemoth, who interestingly enough are not really black metal, but it still made me laugh. :D

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I liked that one, too. He looks like any of the members of Behemoth, who interestingly enough are not really black metal, but it still made me laugh. :D

Behemoth is still categorized as Black Metal, sometimes Black/Death Metal in more recent years. ;)

I'm not really fan, but categories are categories.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Behemoth is still categorized as Black Metal, sometimes Black/Death Metal in more recent years. ;)

I'm not really fan, but categories are categories.

Yeah, technically, I guess. As long as the word "death" is in there, I won't argue. I don't think they're strictly black metal like bands such as Immortal, for example. Anyway, I tend not to really get all that wrapped up in sub-genre distinctions, because the arguments are always endless and pointless, and nobody gains anything.

One recent exception to this is when my brother somehow tried to claim that Entombed, Dismember, Carnage and Unleashed were all grindcore bands. Sorry, no. They are all death metal bands. Grindcore is a totally different flavor of music than those guys. He even tried to take it a step further and start claiming that Morbid Angel was grindcore, according to his definition. I asked him is his definition of grindcore was that they were popular at the same time when Napalm Death and Carcass (who were grindcore, at the time) were just blowing up? He didn't seem to like that question. Silly rabbit. Terrorizer is grindcore, but Morbid Angel? Not.

TonyD
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
lol Municipal Waste guy

rjturtle9
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
lol Municipal Waste guy

That one offended me :bouville:

P.S. I love myspace whores!

TonyD
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
That one offended me :bouville:

P.S. I love myspace whores!

:lol: I wonder why.
I do too but you need to be in a shitty band to get a hold of one.
i've known about it for a few years and find it pretty funny.
So you're saying, you knew about it and enjoyed it before it became cool/popular? ;)

rjturtle9
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
:lol: I wonder why.
I do too but you need to be in a shitty band to get a hold of one.

:lol: because it's so true, plus there's a guy that goes to my school that looks exactly like the one in the picture.

Not really actually. It's actually easier than it sounds...

NecroRob
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
That reminded me way to much of high school :hecho:

overkill13
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
The neo-thrash guy one was right on. I know about 10 idiots that dress like that.

Chyck
05-27-2010, 04:03 PM
... can't... stop watching... crabcore... videos... :eek:

elturtleboy
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
the "Up The Punx" one is sadly too true:punk:

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Haha, the post-rocker is pretty fucking accurate except for the inside out emo band t-shirt (I think!). I was that guy for quite some time, and a lot of the cool guys I know in the Dayton...*gulp*...scene look like that.

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 06:24 PM
So you're saying, you knew about it and enjoyed it before it became cool/popular? ;)

:lol: it's been pretty popular for awhile now. i'm suprised if no one on this site as ever heard of it.

but yeah this site is pretty spot on about everyone, but they do exaggerate a liiittle too much on some in general.

JRA
05-27-2010, 07:57 PM
The neo-thrasher one makes me sad. Because I am him (except I have the decency to shower and change clothes, fuck you very much!)

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Haha, the post-rocker is pretty fucking accurate"Most aren’t aware, but the good majority of Post Rockers are actually mutes. Their lack of vocals are covered up by songs consisting of long drawn out repetitive ethereal landscapes that try to provide the soundtrack for a tour through Chernobyl."

:agree: Pretty much. :D