PDA

View Full Version : Slayer -- Leeds, England -- May 26th, 2010

mankvill
05-27-2010, 03:45 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140749

01. World Painted Blood
02. Hate Worldwide
03. Cult
04. Disciple
05. Expendable Youth
06. War Ensemble
07. Jihad
08. Payback
09. Beauty Through Order
10. Seasons In The Abyss
11. Hell Awaits
12. Mandatory Suicide
13. Chemical Warfare
14. Raining Blood
15. Aggressive Perfector
16. South Of Heaven
17. Silent Scream
18. Angel Of Death

HOLY SHIT AGGRESSIVE PERFECTOR

petrovar
05-27-2010, 04:15 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140749

15. Aggressive Perfector

I know, my jaw is still on the ground. They better play it on the Carnage tour

Derelict
05-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Looks like you could show up about halfway through and not miss much

larvtard
05-27-2010, 06:14 AM

01. World Painted Blood
02. Hate Worldwide
03. Cult
04. Disciple
05. Expendable Youth
06. War Ensemble
07. Jihad
08. Payback
09. Beauty Through Order
10. Seasons In The Abyss
11. Hell Awaits
12. Mandatory Suicide
13. Chemical Warfare
14. Raining Blood
15. Aggressive Perfector
16. South Of Heaven
17. Silent Scream
18. Angel Of Death

this set is amazing. Silent Scream, Beauty Through Order, Payback, Expendable Youth, Chemical Warfare, Hell Awaits, and Cult???

just needs some Spirit in Black and Ghosts of War but I'm not complaining. Silent Scream is my favorite Slayer song, after all.

the chewbacca defense
05-27-2010, 07:55 AM
I jizzed at PAYBACK. My fave of the so called 'modern era' slayer songs

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 08:37 AM
I jizzed at PAYBACK. My fave of the so called 'modern era' slayer songs:agree: "Payback" fucking rules. Fuck the haters on here who say that album sucks. They just think they're fucking cool or something, I guess. :rolleyes:

Peep this:

Tear your fucking eyes out
Rip your fucking flesh off
Beat you 'til you're just a fucking lifeless carcass
Fuck you and your progress
Watch me fucking regress
You were meant to take the fall - now you're nothing
Payback's a bitch, motherfucker!

ABSOLUTELY THRASHTASTIC.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like you could show up about halfway through and not miss muchBullshit. "Disciple", "War Ensemble" and "Payback" are all awesome. The first two songs aren't bad, either. "Cult" and Jihad" are the two least shitty songs from "Christ Illusion". They could be skipped I guess, but whatever. "Expendable Youth" has never been a favorite of mine, but there's nothing wrong with it.

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like you could show up about halfway through and not miss much

:lol: Yeah. They go 2 for their first 9, pretty lousy batting average. ;)

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 08:45 AM
:lol: Yeah. They go 2 for their first 9, pretty lousy batting average. ;)
That's only because you refuse to acknowledge that anything from GHUA is any good, and you are fucking wrong. ;)

petrovar
05-27-2010, 08:45 AM
:agree: "Payback" fucking rules. Fuck the haters on here who say that album sucks. They just think they're fucking cool or something, I guess. :rolleyes:

Peep this:

Tear your fucking eyes out
Rip your fucking flesh off
Beat you 'til you're just a fucking lifeless carcass
Fuck you and your progress
Watch me fucking regress
You were meant to take the fall - now you're nothing
Payback's a bitch, motherfucker!

ABSOLUTELY THRASHTASTIC.

Yeah, it's pretty funny to hear people say Slayer sucks ever since Seasons, blah, blah, blah. It's true certain albums are more "classic" than others, but come on, you can't say Slayer have put out a shitty or bad album. You really can't name any band who has been around as long as they have that has put out classic album after classic album throughout their entire career. Everyone has low points...

And yes, those are some of the best lyrics they have ever churned out. August 18 can't get hear soon enough!

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 08:49 AM
but come on, you can't say Slayer have put out a shitty or bad album.Well, let's be realistic here - there was "Undisputed Attitude". ;)

"Diabolus" and "Divine Intervention" weren't really that awesome, either - but that's not the same as saying they've sucked ass ever since "Seasons". That's just bullshit.

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Well, let's be realistic here - there was "Undisputed Attitude". ;)

"Diabolus" and "Divine Intervention" weren't really that awesome, either - but that's not the same as saying they've sucked ass ever since "Seasons". That's just bullshit.

I will gladly continue to perpetuate that bullshit. ;) Seriously, I can't stomach 95% of the post-Seasons stuff. It's not that it's "not thrash" or "false" - it's just that it's a pale facsimile of what they blazed their trail with.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
it's just that it's a pale facsimile of what they blazed their trail with.When you put it this way, it's much more palatable. I can almost get behind this statement, with the exception being GHUA. That album fucking rocks. I still listen to it on a regular basis, and I don't have to hit the "skip" button at all when I do. That's a sign of a damn decent album right there. It's just so angry and awesome, I don't understand how people overlook it so often. :(

EDIT: ...and I know Ravenheart agrees with me, so I know I'm right. ;)

The Ancient Mariner
05-27-2010, 09:06 AM
World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
Cult :rocker:
Disciple :rocker:
Expendable Youth
War Ensemble :rocker:
Jihad :rocker:
Payback
Beauty Through Order
Seasons In The Abyss :rocker:
Hell Awaits :rocker:
Mandatory Suicide :rocker:
Chemical Warfare :rocker:
Raining Blood :rocker:
Aggressive Perfector
South Of Heaven :rocker:
Silent Scream
Angel Of Death :rocker:

This was an awesome gig. I've waited a long, long time to see Slayer and I wasn't disappointed. I got to the venue early and stood outside just as Slayer did a soundcheck ... awesome ... Tom Araya sang the whole of World Painted Blood, so I got to hear it twice on the night!!!

Tom apologised to the crowd for twice delaying this World Tour ... in the end it was worth the wait. The setlist was fantastic (see above :rocker: )

He also said he was doing well following his successful operation ... good news. Bad news ... he no longer bangs his head! Still, I'd prefer that to him having to call it a day and never playing again and that being the end of Slayer ... fuck that! You don't need to head bang, Tom ... we'll do it for you!!! :rocker:

Great opening songs. Didnt expect Expendable Youth but kinda rocked to it anyway! Then came War Ensemble as you'd expect. Jihad sounded a little short but it's the first time I'd heard it live so maybe it was just me?! Glad they played it cos I fuckin' love it!!!

Payback was awesome and angry. Tom enjoyed it!

Didnt know it was Beauty Through Order on the night. Couldnt make it out but knew it was from the new album so was expecting a few "new" tracks in the set.

Seasons was awesome - it always is. I love the slow parts to that song. Hell Awaits and Mandatory were good again, then came Chemical Warfare. Fuckin' love that song and was hoping for it and got it!

Raining Blood from a lacerated sky ... oh yeah!

Aggressive Perfector. Been a long while since I heard it so couldnt make it out but thats just me!

South Of Heaven opened the encore. So pleased it did. I think it's the perfect song to open the encore and it was awesome to hear live again.

Silent Scream came and went. Again, it's been a while!

I was just waiting for Angel Of Death at this point and got it! Only one problem ... Tom's fuckin' microphone packed up right at the start of it!!! Waited an age to hear it live again and his fuckin' mic packed in! He couldn't believe it himself! First night, last song ... fuckin' technology!!! Wankers!!!

Anyway, we sang for him till his mic got fixed half way through. And that was that. First gig of the World Tour and I was fuckin' there to see it ... awesome!!! :rocker:

larvtard
05-27-2010, 09:26 AM
When you put it this way, it's much more palatable. I can almost get behind this statement, with the exception being GHUA. That album fucking rocks. I still listen to it on a regular basis, and I don't have to hit the "skip" button at all when I do. That's a sign of a damn decent album right there. It's just so angry and awesome, I don't understand how people overlook it so often. :(

Well aren't all Slayer albums angry? ;)
God Hates Us All was a good step in the right direction, but it still has a bunch of filler.

Payback is sweet, though :rocker: I never would've thought they'd play this

TonyD
05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Bullshit. "Disciple", "War Ensemble" and "Payback" are all awesome. The first two songs aren't bad, either. "Cult" and Jihad" are the two least shitty songs from "Christ Illusion". They could be skipped I guess, but whatever. "Expendable Youth" has never been a favorite of mine, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Once again, I agree with everything Nat says.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Once again, I agree with everything Nat says.
Attaboy. :cool:

petrovar
05-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Well, let's be realistic here - there was "Undisputed Attitude". ;)

Well Undisputed Attitude wasn't really a true Slayer album though, just a covers album. And I like old school punk, so I enjoy the album (big Minor Threat fan). Divine is awesome in my opinion, from beginning to end. Diabolus was pretty good, a few forgettable songs, but Bitter Peace, Death's Head, Point:rocker:, Scrum, In the Name of God and Overt Enemy were sweet.

All in all though, nothing really complain about. They have ALWAYS kept true to their style. At least you can say they never put out shitty albums on the level their collegues did (Metallica - St. Anger and Megadeth - Risk)

larvtard
05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Well Undisputed Attitude wasn't really a true Slayer album though, just a covers album. And I like old school punk, so I enjoy the album (big Minor Threat fan).

I love Minor Threat too, but their covers were awful...like the entire album

mankvill
05-27-2010, 09:40 AM

I kinda liked that album. I like it more than anything else they've done post-Seasons.

petrovar
05-27-2010, 09:44 AM

But it's hardcore punk, it's pretty hard to screw it up. I can understand people not liking the album because they aren't into that style of music...other than that, I don't see what the problem is? To each their own I guess

PowerMaiden
05-27-2010, 09:47 AM
super setlist !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

larvtard
05-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I kinda liked that album. I like it more than anything else they've done post-Seasons.

Considering that isn't even real Slayer, I guess you really don't like their post-Seasons material haha

Their new stuff doesn't hold a candle to their old stuff obviously, but it's still really good. I don't know if I'm biased, though... Would I still like their newer albums if they were not made by Slayer, but another band? Hmmm....

But it's hardcore punk, it's pretty hard to screw it up. I can understand people not liking the album because they aren't into that style of music...other than that, I don't see what the problem is? To each their own I guess

I love hardcore punk, but Slayer did kinda screw it up. They didn't even make it sound like themselves. I can't even really describe the sound...

mankvill
05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Considering that isn't even real Slayer, I guess you really don't like their post-Seasons material haha

Their new stuff doesn't hold a candle to their old stuff obviously, but it's still really good. I don't know if I'm biased, though... Would I still like their newer albums if they were not made by Slayer, but another band? Hmmm....

I like WPB quite a bit, not so much GHUA (although there are some good tracks) or DIM.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Downloading the bootleg of this as I type this. Looking forward to hearing how they sound after Tom's surgury. It looks like such a badass setlist. All my favorite songs are covered.

larvtard
05-27-2010, 10:06 AM
I like WPB quite a bit, not so much GHUA (although there are some good tracks) or DIM.

yup, World Painted Blood is my favorite post-Seasons album

ravenheart
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
GHUA > all of you.

makethemsuffer12
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
GHUA > all of you.

:agree:

My favorite Slayer album after RIB.

This set is pretty fucking awesome. It kind of makes me sad though that some of the songs here, like Cult or Payback, will probably get cut out of the American Carnage set :(

As long as they don't play Beauty Through Order. I hate that song.

Edit: Ok, maybe I don't hate it, but it is easily the worst song on WPB.

larvtard
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
:agree:

My favorite Slayer album after RIB.

This set is pretty fucking awesome. It kind of makes me sad though that some of the songs here, like Cult or Payback, will probably get cut out of the American Carnage set :(

As long as they don't play Beauty Through Order. I hate that song.

Edit: Ok, maybe I don't hate it, but it is easily the worst song on WPB.

:confused: it's the best song man....

Crionics
05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
15. Aggressive Perfector

OMG HOLY SHIT BALLS TITS FUCK

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
OMG HOLY SHIT BALLS TITS FUCK

So you're happy about this, then.

makethemsuffer12
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
:confused: it's the best song man....

My hairy ass it is.

Crionics
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
So you're happy about this, then.

Hell yeah

elturtleboy
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
seriously to me,Slayer will never make a crappy album.
I love Undisputed Attitude,ive been listning to punk my whole life and they did those covers justice,especially the DRI and Dr.Know ones.
Now that setlist kicked ass period.Nuff said. Fuckin' Slayer:dfork:

Indestructible
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
The new slayer is good but no where near the old slayer. They did kind of go downhill after seasons.

christopher
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Great setlist! Awesome to see Aggressive Perfector! It would be perfect IMO if they add Necrophiliac, Not of This God, Unit 731, and Snuff

Skinny Juice
05-27-2010, 11:10 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs585.snc3/30840_1218238190870_1676364103_430185_7696715_n.jp g

larvtard
05-28-2010, 07:44 AM
they did the same set in Glasglow last night

elturtleboy
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs585.snc3/30840_1218238190870_1676364103_430185_7696715_n.jp g

i have seasons 1 and 2 of saved by the bell:rocker:

slayerizer
05-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Aggressive Perfector! Oh hell yeah!!!

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Such a classic pic! :rocker:
http://johngushue.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/13/god_listens_to_slayer.jpg

JLRedWing13
05-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Great set. I can't really stand World Painted Blood as a whole though, I found it to be average.

idrinkwine732
05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Aggressive Perfector will help balance out the meh that is the World Painted Blood material.

JLRedWing13
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Aggressive Perfector will help balance out the meh that is the World Painted Blood material.

Not on the Carnage tour......but they will probably only play two songs from that album on that tour anyway, so no worries.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 11:14 AM
World Painted Blood and Psychopathy Red would be my two choices. Seasons will take up quite a chunk of time in their setlist.

the chewbacca defense
05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
World Painted Blood and Psychopathy Red would be my two choices. Seasons will take up quite a chunk of time in their setlist.

supposing they play all back to back with no real breaks, seasons should only take about 40 min out of an hour and a half