PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Fear Factory

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok i never really listened to these guys ever. Yes i know let the flaming begin. Im sorry cant listen to every band out ther. But what im asking is im seeing them with divine heresy in july and want to know the top 20-25 songs i should know that they will be playing. I dont want to be there and not know any of there songs. Thanks

Derelict
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Just listen to demanufacture (the album)...its their best, if you don't like that, you wouldn't like them.

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Just listen to demanufacture (the album)...its their best, if you don't like that, you wouldn't like them.

ok thanks bro

mankvill
05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
i'm not gonna falm you dude i haven't listened to them either

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
i'm not gonna falm you dude i haven't listened to them either

sarcastic bitch

mankvill
05-26-2010, 01:52 PM
sarcastic bitch

I'M SERIOUS I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO ANY FEAR FACTORY :mad:

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I'M SERIOUS I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO ANY FEAR FACTORY :mad:

I was saying sarcastic bitch to my type haha gg

Indestructible
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Start with the albums
Mechanize
Obsolete
Transgression
Demanufacture

Sanitarium78
05-26-2010, 05:44 PM

Yes. Demanufacture should be your first album. Also check out Obsolete and their newest one Mechanize after that. Also, if you're intrested in getting familiar with what they might play, just look up some past setlists on this site from the first leg of their tour. That'll give you a good idea of what they're doing for the most part live.

b_halperin
05-29-2010, 10:49 AM
i never really listened to them myself. honestly the only song ive heard is that execution powershift one on liquid metal, and i find the song pretty abnoxious sounding. i mite check out demanufacture if i want to give them a fair try.

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Do NOT start with Mechanize. It's the same song over and over.

Indestructible
05-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Both Demanufacture and Mechanize are amazing albums. I think Mechanize might be there best one.

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Mechanize can be summed up by the track 'Metallic Division'. It has one riff and just repeats. It's a retreading of Demanufacture without any of the creativity or originality. Easily their most boring, one-idea album.

I actually really enjoy Transgression.

jhdeity
05-30-2010, 09:58 AM

Really? Christploitation is like nothing they've ever done. There's incredible piano parts that set up the heavy riffage. Powershifter is brutal and way heavier than the rest of the cd for me. I don't get that statement at all.

My favorite Fear factory songs are:

Crisis (The best use of a sample ever... Private Pyle would be proud)
Pisschrist
Smasher/Devourer
Crash Test
Slave Labor
Acres of Skin
Replica
Archetype
Shock
Demanufacture
Zero Signal
New Breed (Born, Bred, BEATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I found it one of the most boring CDs I've listened to all year.

Christploitation was a rare highlight for a few seconds, the piano was cool and that riff was the only interesting one on the disc, until they just dropped to the EXACT same monotonous drumming and fast riffing as the previous four tracks. The horrible lack of variety, even in the rhythms, killed the album for me.

daimonos
05-30-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm not too big on Fear Factory, but I just got Demanufacture and I think it's pretty cool. Mechanize is also a good record.

I've heard some songs off of Obsolete and I didn't think it sounded all that special...at all...

GWAR654
05-31-2010, 05:27 AM
thanks guys