PDA

View Full Version : Hypodermic Needle, Bottle Of Pills Found In PAUL GRAY's Hotel Room

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
According to TMZ.com, the hotel employee who discovered the body of SLIPKNOT bassist Paul Gray on Monday (May 24) told the 911 operator he noticed a hypodermic needle and a bottle of pills in the musician's hotel room when he found the body.

In the 911 call, obtained by TMZ.com, the employee — a maintenance worker at the Iowa hotel — tells the operator that he suspects Paul died of a "drug overdose" and that it appeared that Paul had been in the room for "a while."

The employee also told the 911 operator that Paul's mother had called the hotel earlier in the day because she couldn't get hold of her son.

As previously reported, an autopsy of Paul Gray has revealed no cause of death, Urbandale, Iowa police said Tuesday afternoon.

According to Des Moines Register, the cause of death is still under investigation, and the Polk County Medical Examiner is awaiting the results of toxicology testing.

Dr. Gregory Schmunk said it could be four to six weeks before all of the test results are complete and the cause of death can be determined, according to police.

The autopsy reportedly did confirm that there was no evidence of foul play or trauma, and that Gray had been dead for several hours before his body was discovered.

Gray was arrested in Iowa in 2003 on drug possession charges when police found small amounts of marijuana, two syringes and a substance that field-tested positive for cocaine after he was involved in a wreck with another motorist.

There is also the 911 Call

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

IrritatedTrout
05-26-2010, 11:55 AM
If it turns out that he overdosed on hard drugs then I have zero sympathy for him. Messing around with that stuff is one of the stupidest things one can do. It really makes him look like an asshole too because he wasn't just living for himself at this point in his life, he had a wife and an unborn child. How fucking responsible of him.

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
If it turns out that he overdosed on hard drugs then I have zero sympathy for him. Messing around with that stuff is one of the stupidest things one can do. It really makes him look like an asshole too because he wasn't just living for himself at this point in his life, he had a wife and an unborn child. How fucking responsible of him.

i know what you mean. Not saying he deserved to die but if its cause of drug overdose its his fault and he could of stopped it

AnthG
05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Maybe he was trying to get clean and relapsed.

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe he was trying to get clean and relapsed.

yeah that could be it. its hard. they said he was at the hotel cause he wanted to get away for a while so maybe he was having the relapse and didn't want people to see him taking the drugs

mankvill
05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
overkill on paul grey threads

GWAR654
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM

why u always bashing shit

Uncle_Meat1940
05-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I agree, dude really wasn't anything special..

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree, dude really wasn't anything special..

I can't even fathom how people are even trying to begin to equate this with Dio.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
That's happening???!??!???... :barf:

Crionics
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
That's happening???!??!???... :barf:

2012!!!!!

haha naw

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I can't even fathom how people are even trying to begin to equate this with Dio.

Where the fuck do you even see this? Definately not on this board.

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Where the fuck do you even see this? Definately not on this board.

All over the place - Blabbermouth, Facebook, random stuff - and yeah, a couple posts I saw on here kinda hinted at it.

People saying stuff like: "Oh my god - first Dio and now THIS?!" or "Two amazing metal musicians in about a week", etc.

On the 1-10 to scale of metal importance, Dio was an 11 - the bassist from Slipknot was maybe a 5 at best. That has nothing to do with me not liking them. Tons of people from bands I love would only be 2s or 3s on that scale.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
In my eyes the Slipknot bassist merely provided a chuckle. Not even a number

mankvill
05-26-2010, 01:31 PM
why u always bashing shit

Not bashing, but in like the past 24 hours we've had a RIP Paul Grey thread, a thread about Slipknot's conference about him, and now this thread which could've easily gone in the first one.

Hell, Dio had 2 threads. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
All over the place - Blabbermouth, Facebook, random stuff - and yeah, a couple posts I saw on here kinda hinted at it.

People saying stuff like: "Oh my god - first Dio and now THIS?!" or "Two amazing metal musicians in about a week", etc.

On the 1-10 to scale of metal importance, Dio was an 11 - the bassist from Slipknot was maybe a 5 at best. That has nothing to do with me not liking them. Tons of people from bands I love would only be 2s or 3s on that scale.

Feel better big man? Feel better now that you masturbated one dead man and spermed on another? I don't give two shits about Slipknot, but the shit you're pulling is outrageous. Get over yourself.

TonyD
05-26-2010, 01:34 PM

This. We don't need a thread for every piece of info that Blabbermouth breaks, thank you very much.

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Feel better big man? Feel better now that you masturbated one dead man and spermed on another? I don't give two shits about Slipknot, but the shit you're pulling is outrageous. Get over yourself.

Dude go fuck yourself.

Dextrimental
05-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree with equating this with Dio, becuase for some people Paul Gray was their hero, moreso than Dio. He didn have the history, or the influence, but he was in a big band that got alot of kids into heavy metal, and who will be remembered for decades, probably as long as Dio. He didn mean much to alot of people here, but don't take it away from the people who he does mean something to. And I know what it feels like, alot of people have said similar to this about Dimebag, saying he doesn deserve the attention when he died, and he's my idol.

Just saying, people aren't belittling Dio by equating Paul Gray to his death, merely pointing out Paul Gray meant alot to alot of people too.

ChildrenofSodom
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Dude go fuck yourself.

Every time someone says something you disagree with, you post some long-ass diatribe to justify your boner for all things metal. Just let some things go, dude. We know you don't like Slipknot...because they aren't power metal. No one is seriously comparing Paul Gray to Dio, so put down the sword and shield and give it a rest.

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree with equating this with Dio, becuase for some people Paul Gray was their hero, moreso than Dio. He didn have the history, or the influence, but he was in a big band that got alot of kids into heavy metal, and who will be remembered for decades, probably as long as Dio. He didn mean much to alot of people here, but don't take it away from the people who he does mean something to. And I know what it feels like, alot of people have said similar to this about Dimebag, saying he doesn deserve the attention when he died, and he's my idol.

Just saying, people aren't belittling Dio by equating Paul Gray to his death, merely pointing out Paul Gray meant alot to alot of people too.

:agree:

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Every time someone says something you disagree with, you post some long-ass diatribe to justify your boner for all things metal. Just let some things go, dude. We know you don't like Slipknot...because they aren't power metal. No one is seriously comparing Paul Gray to Dio, so put down the sword and shield and give it a rest.

And every time I post anything you can possibly disagree with, you have to try this pathetic attempt to internet-bully me like the asshole you are. I don't know where the fuck you come off with some of the stuff you say, but the fact that you ever accuse me of being on a high horse is absolutely laughable to me.

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with you about any specific points because it doesn't matter. You've got me in this wonderful little corner where if I don't speak up, I seem like a fool - but if I argue with you, I'm an asshole who cares too much.

ChildrenofSodom
05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
And every time I post anything you can possibly disagree with, you have to try this pathetic attempt to internet-bully me like the asshole you are. I don't know where the fuck you come off with some of the stuff you say, but the fact that you ever accuse me of being on a high horse is absolutely laughable to me.

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with you about any specific points because it doesn't matter. You've got me in this wonderful little corner where if I don't speak up, I seem like a fool - but if I argue with you, I'm an asshole who cares too much.

I'm not saying you can't give your opinion, but your comment in this thread was tasteless. Basically what Dextrimental said, if you dont like the guy then try not to post disparaging comments where other people are paying their respects. Just try to moderate what you say sometimes. You take things way too seriously, alot. No one had compared Paul to Dio here. If I had said that Ozzy did more for metal than Dio did on page one of the R.I.P. Dio page, you would have shit down my throat.

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I kind of have to agree with ChildrenofSodom. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm just saying, to Maiden33, you just gotta relax sometimes.

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I kind of have to agree with ChildrenofSodom. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm just saying, to Maiden33, you just gotta relax sometimes.

For the record: I take much better to advice when it is in THIS form. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who wants to tell me something but dresses it up in annoying sarcasm and whatnot. I can't stand how a couple people on here make this little "digs" at me but then blow the whistle on me for freaking out because someone I barely know on a message board seems to be taking a personal swipe at me. If you'd just drop the bullshit sarcasm and "I'm fucking cooler than you" attitude it would just go away.

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
For the record: I take much better to advice when it is in THIS form. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who wants to tell me something but dresses it up in annoying sarcasm and whatnot. I can't stand how a couple people on here make this little "digs" at me but then blow the whistle on me for freaking out because someone I barely know on a message board seems to be taking a personal swipe at me. If you'd just drop the bullshit sarcasm and "I'm fucking cooler than you" attitude it would just go away.

:confused:

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
:confused:

Not YOU. It was a a general "you" - meaning whoever the statement may apply to.

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Not YOU. It was a a general "you" - meaning whoever the statement may apply to.

Oh okay. You quoted me so that threw me off a little bit haha

TonyD
05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/internet-cat.jpg
Also, this:
If I had said that Ozzy did more for metal than Dio did on page one of the R.I.P. Dio page, you would have shit down my throat.

Crionics
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/internet-cat.jpg

I love funny pics

EvilCheeseWedge
05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Nobody mentioned Dio in this thread until you did Maiden33. And you need to cut this shit out. It was stupid when people were comparing Dio's death to Dimebag's in Dio's thread, and I said I wouldn't tolerate that, and I won't tolerate the same sort of thing going on here.

Also let's everybody stop calling everybody assholes around here, alright?

People need to stop acting like little kids around here.

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
And you need to cut this shit out.

:tp:

Please refer to my last post.

I'm going to say this:
I'll apologize for saying what I said out of the want to not be "disrespectful" to the guy and his fans - but this is not the same as if someone would've bashed Dio in that "RIP Dio" thread. This thread isn't even the primary thread for this at this point. It's a side thread about details involving the death. I'm not saying it's an excuse to be disrespectful, but it's not like I came in in the middle of the mourning process and said: "One Down - Eight to Go" like Wizzbang did in the official thread.

I'm frankly tired of the attitude like I'm the one causing all the problems and the sole source of all unrest and disrespect on this board. That's not a comment directed at you, because aside from the post you just made, you don't give it to me.

Wizzbang11
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
"One Down - Eight to Go" like Wizzbang did in the official thread.

A. You people don't listen to enough of the Meatmen
B. I don't know why making jokes about the dead on the internet is frowned upon.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
B. I don't know why making jokes about the dead on the internet is frowned upon.

Making jokes about the Lincoln assassination only recently became okay. "I need to see this play like I need a hole in my head."

xStructualDefect
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM

i still question your age.

so if you died let's say today, would you want everyone to be making jokes about your death?

Wizzbang11
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Making jokes about the Lincoln assassination only recently became okay. "I need to see this play like I need a hole in my head."

Is that a goddamn Office reference?
That would mean JFK jokes aren't cool...and I made those alllllll the time.

Wizzbang11
05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
i still question your age.

so if you died let's say today, would you want everyone to be making jokes about your death?

Why?

I'd be dead dude. It wouldn't matter.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Is that a goddamn Office reference?
That would mean JFK jokes aren't cool...and I made those alllllll the time.

fuck year the office.

"Aids for Afghanistanis"
"I think you mean the Aid for Afghanistan"
"No, Aids for Afghanistanis"
"Afghani"
"What?"
"It's Afghani"
"That's a dog."
"Afghan."
"That's a shawl"
"Wait, canine AIDS?"
"Who has AIDS?"
"Guys, c'mon, the Afghanistinanis"

300%_Density
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
fuck year the office.

"Aids for Afghanistanis"
"I think you mean the Aid for Afghanistan"
"No, Aids for Afghanistanis"
"Afghani"
"What?"
"It's Afghani"
"That's a dog."
"Afghan."
"That's a shawl"
"Wait, canine AIDS?"
"Who has AIDS?"
"Guys, c'mon, the Afghanistinanis"

Frankly I don't think there are near enough office references here as it is. Diversity Tommorrow, because today is almost over?

ChildrenofSodom
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Nobody mentioned Dio in this thread until you did Maiden33. And you need to cut this shit out. It was stupid when people were comparing Dio's death to Dimebag's in Dio's thread, and I said I wouldn't tolerate that, and I won't tolerate the same sort of thing going on here.

Also let's everybody stop calling everybody assholes around here, alright?

People need to stop acting like little kids around here.

I think some long held frustration boiled to the surface (on my side), and I think it would be best if we moved on.

RIP Paul Gray.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Frankly I don't think there are near enough office references here as it is. Diversity Tommorrow, because today is almost over?

Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are racist, I will attack you with the North."

xStructualDefect
05-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Why?

I'd be dead dude. It wouldn't matter.

okay well what if your best friends or family died. would you be making jokes about that?

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are racist, I will attack you with the North."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The British Office > The American Office

ravenheart
05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
The British Office > The American Office

That's not difficult to achieve ;)

Wizzbang11
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
okay well what if your best friends or family died. would you be making jokes about that?

Maybe. I don't know why not. If I made jokes about them pre-death I don't know why I'd stop when they died. Hell, I currently thought of the bassist of Slipknot more times in the last week than I did the last year, so I'm remembering them, and I don't know what more you could ask for. I wouldn't give a shit if people were making jokes about me when I died, I doubt my friends and family would either.

jhdeity
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I never thought i'd laugh for 5 straight minutes over a death thread. I don't think I'll ever forget the Green Lantern telling the Viking to put down his sword and shield and give it a rest. That is just about the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet.

That being said it's sad when anyone dies. I've read and heard only positive things about Paul Grey and all the positive things he did in his life. On the other hand I remember being pissed off back in the day when I found out Dio smoked. I remember vividly seeing a picture of him with a cig in hand and losing a big chunk of respect for him. In his defense it didn't seem to affect his singing but nicotine has ruined many a great voice. Who is to say his addiction to nicotine didn't kill him? Just putting things into perspective...

Wizzbang11
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
That being said it's sad when anyone dies. I've read and heard only positive things about Paul Grey and all the positive things he did in his life. On the other hand I remember being pissed off back in the day when I found out Dio smoked. I remember vividly seeing a picture of him with a cig in hand and losing a big chunk of respect for him. In his defense it didn't seem to affect his singing but nicotine has ruined many a great voice. Who is to say his addiction to nicotine didn't kill him? Just putting things into perspective...

Nah man you aren't aloud to do that, Dio's a legend.

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe. I don't know why not. If I made jokes about them pre-death I don't know why I'd stop when they died. Hell, I currently thought of the bassist of Slipknot more times in the last week than I did the last year, so I'm remembering them, and I don't know what more you could ask for. I wouldn't give a shit if people were making jokes about me when I died, I doubt my friends and family would either.

not asking for anything really, just saying it's rude to make death jokes right after someone dies, or just to make death jokes in general. just show some respect or leave the thread alone. my mom and one of two brothers died within the span of 8 months. and if someone were to know about it and make a joke, i'd punch them in the face, which i have before, but that's another story.

Indestructible
05-27-2010, 06:01 PM
not asking for anything really, just saying it's rude to make death jokes right after someone dies, or just to make death jokes in general. just show some respect or leave the thread alone. my mom and one of two brothers died within the span of 8 months. and if someone were to know about it and make a joke, i'd punch them in the face, which i have before, but that's another story.

I think its wrong to but thats how people deal with death. Some people will make jokes even if they are sad because they dont want to show how they really feel.

Wizzbang11
05-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Some people will make jokes even if they are sad because they dont want to show how they really feel.

Oh fuck you caught me.

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I think its wrong to but thats how people deal with death. Some people will make jokes even if they are sad because they dont want to show how they really feel.

yeah actually that's fine. if you want to make a joke about the dead that's funny, but not disrespectful, to help you then that's fine. but making a disrespectful joke about the dead is just wrong, especially after they just died.

PlaysWithKnives
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
People deal with death in whatever way they feel comfortable. I've dealt with personal loss before. It wasn't healthy but being completely miserable mixed with some humor, fond memories, and a couple bottles of whiskey helped me cope. In wizzbangs case its being a raging dickhead. I suggesat not to feed him anymore by responding to him.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-31-2010, 09:42 AM
yeah actually that's fine. if you want to make a joke about the dead that's funny, but not disrespectful, to help you then that's fine. but making a disrespectful joke about the dead is just wrong, especially after they just died.

To be fair, when I read the statement 1 down 8 to go, I took it merely as a joke geared towards the whole band, not only to their "bassist" if you would like to classify him as such a thing that is...

Indestructible
05-31-2010, 04:07 PM
“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not.“Miss them do not. "

Master Yoda to Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the sith

youngandaspiring
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
It is very sad that two musicians died. Comparing the two is apples and oranges, but it is better to champion them for what they did, and that was creating music that different people enjoyed.

As for the OD, I wouldn't say I'd lose respect for anyone who was addicted to drugs. As far as I'm aware, heroin and others are addictive no end, and it takes a really strong person to overcome their addiction. It was unfortunate that Gray couldn't muster that kind of determination.

As for Dio dying young, it's possible that cigarettes took him away. The constant touring life is hard on the body, and it can definitely shorten a life.